file eguy5947's Constructor woes

• Eguy
  • Eguy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Marbler
  • Expert Marbler
  • Booper Supreme
  • Thank you received: 208
15 Jul 2014 02:56 #1
Hey guys, I am eguy5947, but I reversed the numbers (sorta) because I can't register with my other name for some reason. Anyway, I am making my first post here, to ask if it's too late to join the CGL. I can start working on a part tomorrow evening when I get constructor started up.

"it's the internet eguy. where children are men. men are monkeys, and women are PQ."
-Jeff 2014

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Eguy
  • Expert Marbler
  • Expert Marbler
  • Booper Supreme
17 Jul 2014 03:07 - 17 Jul 2014 10:40 #2
Hey, I am having trouble with constructor. First of all, using brush mode. I am not sure how to edit the shapes by clicking and expanding them, like I have seen people do in tutorials. Also, I saw a moving platform tutorial by Yuri Kahn, and it says to click the "radio" button and select "door_elevator". I don't see a radio button. Can a constructor expert tell me how to find it?
Also, since it is my first time working with constructor, I may have problems, and I may take a while to complete my part. Just a heads up.

Edit by Pro Marbler: Approved, but just so that you don't keep making extra posts. And this really isn't the right place to talk about this. Move this to Level Building if you must ask.

"it's the internet eguy. where children are men. men are monkeys, and women are PQ."
-Jeff 2014
Last edit: 17 Jul 2014 10:40 by ProMarbler. Reason: warning

• Buzzmusic
  • Developer
  • Developer
  • I make levels and songs.
  • Thank you received: 145
17 Jul 2014 15:06 #3

First of all, using brush mode. I am not sure how to edit the shapes by clicking and expanding them, like I have seen people do in tutorials.

At the bottom left of your constructor window, there should be three buttons: Vertices, Faces, and Brushes. To extend a side of a brush (platform), click on "Faces" and then click on the face you want to drag, and drag with the arrows. "Vertices" works the same way.

Also, I saw a moving platform tutorial by Yuri Kahn, and it says to click the "radio" button and select "door_elevator". I don't see a radio button.

First, click on the platform you want as your moving platform. Then, at the very left there should be buttons that say "Tool", "Object", "Sun", and "Prefs". Click on "Object", and then below those buttons there should be a bunch of circles with words next to them, such as "Structural", "Detail", "Portal", etc. The one at the bottom should be "other". Click on that, and then a small window should pop up with the only option being to select "door_elevator", so click on that.

Hope this helps! :)

All posts from my account that were made before July 29 2013 are from the point of view of my dad unless it states otherwise.

• Eguy
  • Expert Marbler
  • Expert Marbler
  • Booper Supreme
17 Jul 2014 15:14 #4
Thank you so much Buzz! I will try this in the evening when I get home.

-Jeff 2014

• Eguy
  • Expert Marbler
  • Expert Marbler
  • Booper Supreme
19 Jul 2014 01:55 - 19 Jul 2014 03:47 #5
When I click on object, everything is blank. Why is this? Also, I am not sure how to build tightrope ramps around my moving tower. I only want to make ramps, not ramps with a base, you know what I mean? Thanks for helping me on my first constructor experience, I appreciate it so much.

EDIT: Object problem solved!

-Jeff 2014
Last edit: 19 Jul 2014 03:47 by Eguy.

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
  • Thank you received: 912
19 Jul 2014 06:51 #6
Instead of spamming up the CGL 9 topic, I moved all replies here. If you have any further constructor problems, please post here as this is your topic now, and not in the CGL #9. You were told off by Pro Marbler above when he merged your posts, and now you're being told by me.

"matan, now i get what you meant a few years back when you said that "the level in mbg is beyond me" after the last rampage i noticed things were insane, and now i truly feel that too" - Dushine, 2015.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eguy

• Eguy
  • Expert Marbler
  • Expert Marbler
  • Booper Supreme
24 Jul 2014 02:27 #7
I have a glitch: when I try to save an interior, constructor crashes and when I reopen, it doesn't show my scene in the scenes file. Any way to fix?
Thanks.

-Jeff 2014

• Battlecube314
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • 100% Gold/Ultimate/Awesome!!
  • Thank you received: 155
28 Jul 2014 04:50 #8
I had that problem too. If you're using v1.0.3, it always crashes after saving. In v1.0.4 it is fixed.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eguy

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 0.875 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.