Marble Blast Platinum Support

We encourage you first of all to find solutions to your problem in this section's threads. If you do not thus find any solution, please take account of the following:

If you have a problem which prevents you from playing Marble Blast Platinum, please create a new thread on this board with a description of your problem as title. In your post please indicate the computer involved (Mac/PC, operating system).

If in playing Marble Blast Platinum you discover a bug, please post in the Community found Bugs/Mistakes sub-board.

If you need hints for the Marble Blast Platinum game, please post in the Hints, Videos and other Tips sub-board.

map-pin MBP 1.50+ Requests thread

• randslider
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Thank you received: 0
19 Jan 2014 03:10 #31
I'm often left wondering if I have knocked someone oob, so my request is for a killfeed of sorts, just a message in the chat saying 'X player went oob', and if possible, something like 'X player knocked Y player off the level'.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 2
19 Jan 2014 04:57 #32
Could we get Challenge and Super Challenge results printed to the chat every time? The presentation in the chat stream is actually more appealing to look at, AND it's permanent :)
Additionally, making global chat universally accessible throughout the online experience would be nice. For things like waiting for challenge acceptance, it can lock you out from communicating when you might need to most. (for example. Accept a challenge. You're waiting for others to accept, but you can't answer someone's question unless you forfeit)

• Thank you received: 123
19 Jan 2014 16:20 #33
Here's an easy request: Make the Challenge and Super Challenge buttons a different color, like light pink, to go with the GUI, and so they don't look like a level section. It's in the place that "Change Game" was, and it confuses me.

• Ralph
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Matan's Fervent Fan
  • Thank you received: 136
19 Jan 2014 17:13 #34
My request is to make it work with the Marble Blast Exporter, which actually doesn't!

You forget a thousand things everyday. Make sure Marble Blast isn't one of 'em.
Instagram : ralphfrommb

• RandomityGuy
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • This entire place is bruh
  • Thank you received: 61
21 Jan 2014 15:25 - 29 Jan 2014 14:13 #35
New request

1.Multiplayer game mode type:It just chooses between hunt or Mega marble war

2.Perfect collusion:I and Kwill had found many mega marble glitches like mega marble stuck in the arch,double mega marble(mega marble or marble inside mega marble),mega marble in the wall.

3.Banned users will become spectators instead of kicking the user out of the server

Github:
github.com/RandomityGuy
Feel free to support me at ko-fi.com/randomityguy
Last edit: 29 Jan 2014 14:13 by RandomityGuy.

22 Jan 2014 10:45 #36
Keep in mind that with the more you suggest, the more bugs that may occur, as well as the more time that will be needed, and you will continue delaying the next beta build. :)

• Thank you received: 16
28 Jan 2014 21:07 #37
If possible add a gems per second feature. Maybe for singleplayer too.

i have a flickr

28 Jan 2014 22:32 #38
There is something in the code that allows you to see an estamation of your score while you play, which can be enabled by adding a pref in your prefs file by the name of which I cannot remember.

• CheepFishMBP
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Experienced Marbler
  • I am currently inactive.
  • Thank you received: 14
29 Jan 2014 01:10 #39
My request is the option to revert the settings to defaults in the Audio section and in all four sub-sections in the Controls one, all in the Options menu.

05 Feb 2014 17:15 #40
New Request
Add shadows the the Mac version of Marble Blast Platinum, and maybe a texture pack feature.

i have a flickr

• HiGuy
  • Lead Developer
  • Lead Developer
  • PQ Developer Emeritus
  • Thank you received: 604
05 Feb 2014 18:24 - 05 Feb 2014 18:27 #41
@elnathan / promarbler: If you open your multiplayer prefs file (found in platinumbeta/leaderboards/multiplayer/ as prefs.cs), you can add this line to the end to enable the score predictor:
Code:
$MPPref::ScorePredictor = "1";
Make sure to quit MBP before adding the line, otherwise it won't be saved. Also note that this only works for your game, so it won't affect the server host (if you are joining) or any people who join you (if you are hosting).

@CheepFish: Definitely possible, will take into consideration
@elnathan (again): Shadows are an engine feature, which the Mac version doesn't seem to have. Texture packs seem like a good idea, but they'd take lots of work and would break multiplayer games.

This signature is real code
Code:
function clientcmd12dothepq() { commandToClient(LocalClientConnection, '34onthedancefloor'); }
Last edit: 05 Feb 2014 18:27 by HiGuy.

05 Feb 2014 22:01 #42
You'd have to delete the dso, right? :P I might try it out. But either way, will it ever before an official option?

• CheepFishMBP
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Experienced Marbler
05 Feb 2014 22:50 - 05 Feb 2014 23:02 #43
More of my requests:

1. Similar to MBE and MBElite, if the clock has not stopped and has not reached the Ultimate Time, it will be pink; if it is running and has passed the Ultimate Time but not the Platinum time, it will be silver. In multiplayer, the score will turn green if it has reached the Par Score but not the Platinum Score, silver if it is between the Platinum and Ultimate Score, and pink if it has reached the Ultimate Score.
2. When playing MBG levels, the names of all the gameplay elements will be the ones in MBG, not in MBP.
3. A ghost marble that does your fastest pathway.
Last edit: 05 Feb 2014 23:02 by CheepFishMBP.

• HiGuy
  • Lead Developer
  • Lead Developer
  • PQ Developer Emeritus
06 Feb 2014 00:00 #44
@Promarbler: Just added one ;)
@CheepFish:
1. Done in most of the mods I've worked on... not sure how possible / useful it would be. Waiting on Matan's opinion for this.
2. Very likely to happen, we'll see.
3. I've thought quite a bit about doing this, might actually script it right now for funsies.

Code:
function clientcmd12dothepq() { commandToClient(LocalClientConnection, '34onthedancefloor'); }

06 Feb 2014 21:18 #45
plz plz pretty plz with sugar on top, could you put the original MBG .mis files back in the game? Changing metadata is fine, but at least the positions/rotations of all entities should be constant from MBG. I just got the WR on Super Bounce, and even though the LBs aren't proof, it'd be nice to have the assurance that I was not given a handicap and that it's still possible on vanilla MBG.

11 Feb 2014 15:51 #46
Whenever the LB's overwriting times get fixed, do you think it'd be possible to download the LB's individual level times and transfer them to the local prefs.cs? It would just be a one time thing, because once it's fixed the future times would be stored properly.

• CheepFishMBP
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Experienced Marbler
12 Feb 2014 00:39 #47

Sporlo wrote: plz plz pretty plz with sugar on top, could you put the original MBG .mis files back in the game? Changing metadata is fine, but at least the positions/rotations of all entities should be constant from MBG.

I don't think the MBP staff should have the original MBG .mis files in MBP. While the original metadata in the MBG ones may cause bugs, the positions/rotations ones may make MBG levels in MBP look bland, (slightly) difficult to beat, or have bugs also.

12 Feb 2014 17:50 - 12 Feb 2014 17:51 #48

CheepFishMBP wrote:

Sporlo wrote: plz plz pretty plz with sugar on top, could you put the original MBG .mis files back in the game? Changing metadata is fine, but at least the positions/rotations of all entities should be constant from MBG.

I don't think the MBP staff should have the original MBG .mis files in MBP. While the original metadata in the MBG ones may cause bugs, the positions/rotations ones may make MBG levels in MBP look bland, (slightly) difficult to beat, or have bugs also.

You know, the changes made to the .mis files were EXTREMELY minimal, so I'll bet that most of the levels you wouldn't even be able to tell the difference between the modified versions and the originals. MBG levels don't have any "bugs". They have supposed "misalignments" that are also quite minimal. The changes make some LB's times completely invalid, and in the case of Three-Fold Maze, the addition of a finish sign actually makes the level harder than it needs to be.

I don't understand what you mean by "the original metadata in the MBG ones may cause bugs". That doesn't make sense. By metadata I simply mean things like Name, Description, Preview image, Gold times/Qualify times. None of that "causes bugs"...
Last edit: 12 Feb 2014 17:51 by Sporlo.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jeff

• HiGuy
  • Lead Developer
  • Lead Developer
  • PQ Developer Emeritus
12 Feb 2014 22:46 #49
Updated the lbmissions_mbg.zip file to reflect the original levels. 39 files were modified:

/advanced/A-Maze-ing.mis
/advanced/AroundTheWorldIn30Seconds.mis
/advanced/Darwin'sDilemma.mis
/advanced/Escher'sRace.mis
/advanced/FreeFall.mis
/advanced/GreatDivideRevisited.mis
/advanced/KingOfTheMountain.mis
/advanced/Mudslide.mis
/advanced/ObstacleCourse.mis
/advanced/PathofLeastResistance.mis
/advanced/PathOfLeastResistance.mis
/advanced/PinballWizard.mis
/advanced/PointsOfTheCompass.mis
/advanced/Scaffold.mis
/advanced/Skyscraper.mis
/advanced/Slip'nSlide.mis
/advanced/SteppingStones.mis
/advanced/SurvivalOfTheFittest.mis
/advanced/Three-FoldMaze.mis
/advanced/TotheMoon.mis
/advanced/ToTheMoon.mis
/advanced/TrapDoorMadness.mis
/advanced/TubeTreasure.mis
/advanced/Twistingthenightaway.mis
/advanced/TwistingTheNightAway.mis
/advanced/WillO'TheWisp.mis
/beginner/CollectTheGems.mis
/beginner/LearningToRoll.mis
/beginner/LearnTheSuperJump.mis
/beginner/LearnTheSuperSpeed.mis
/beginner/MineField.mis
/beginner/TornadoBowl.mis
/beginner/Trapdoors!.mis
/intermediate/GoForTheGreen.mis
/intermediate/Half-Pipe.mis
/intermediate/Marbletris.mis
/intermediate/MonsterSpeedway.mis
/intermediate/MonsterSpeedwayQualifying.mis
/intermediate/SkeeBallBonus.mis
/intermediate/TakeTheHighRoad.mis
/intermediate/TornadoAlley.mis
/intermediate/UpwardSpiral.mis

Those levels now have re-misaligned (and some re-aligned) game items. The sunken super speed in KotM is now back in its place. 7 levels had their finish sign removed.

Code:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jeff

13 Feb 2014 11:11 #50
If the local prefs.cs file is synced/updated with the online times, that would be great. I can track my statistics more easily if this were the case, as it is all stored online, and I do not wish to go online every single time to view my times and the such.

I do agree with the motion of having the old MBG levels, however.

13 Feb 2014 23:20 #51
Suggestions to help .recs

1) add a delete button. You would select the .rec and then click the button to delete it. You should be able to select multiple .recs at a time.

2) add a star feature. You can star the important .recs in your folder. This would look like selected e-mails in gmail.

3) add a folders option. This would mean a feature to move .recs from folder to folder, a different save window and a new GUI for the actual folder itself. Folders, especially if they could be renamed, would help with compilations.

A new feature Idea: Glass panes.

Glass panes would shatter when the marble bounced on them but not when it just rolls on to the glass pane.
There would be two types. One would shatter instantly, allowing the marble to keep going. The other would have to be hit once to brake it and then it would be shattered.
This is like trapdoors except for a few important things like being able to roll on them and only having to hit them once.

thank you for reading!

i have a flickr
The following user(s) said Thank You: CheepFishMBP

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
  • Thank you received: 912
14 Feb 2014 03:46 #52
1) not possible (torque doesn't allow you to delete files on your hard drive, else we would delete your hard drive with PQ... which we already do anyway)
2) maybe. not sure if really needed.
3) maybe. bit better than above but really how many .recs many of us keep.
4) no. too much work, no value in it, no gameplay, etc.

"matan, now i get what you meant a few years back when you said that "the level in mbg is beyond me" after the last rampage i noticed things were insane, and now i truly feel that too" - Dushine, 2015.

• RandomityGuy
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • This entire place is bruh
  • Thank you received: 61
14 Feb 2014 09:39 - 17 Feb 2014 09:11 #53
New [strike]HandiCaps[/strike]Gamemodes.

1.Mega marble war:there will be no gems spawned.Every player will get a mega marble powerup at start.When Player X falls OOB without getting knocked:-1 pts for that player.When Player Y knocks Player X:+1 pts for the Player Y if Player X goes OOB.

2.King of the hill(or whatever it is):No gems spawned.Every player will get blast powerup at start.Players will get +1 pts every second on the top.

Github:
github.com/RandomityGuy
Feel free to support me at ko-fi.com/randomityguy
Last edit: 17 Feb 2014 09:11 by RandomityGuy. Reason: STRIKE STRIKETHROUGH HANDICAPS.

14 Feb 2014 11:43 #54
I really don't see the big deal with the mega marble powerup, tbh. :P

• Thank you received: 20
17 Apr 2014 21:04 #55
If it's possible to make any changes:

Maybe two modes for super challenges? One mode that is like the current mode where the goal is to get the lowest total time regardless of how many attempts it takes to do it. And then the other mode could be a speed/race mode, where the goal is simply to be the first to beat all the levels in the set with 5 seconds off the total time subtracted for each time travel received. Going OOB would set you back because it would be more like a race. I feel like this would be more fun for casual players who can't do all the tricks and shortcuts the pros can.

• MBKid
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Advanced Marbler
  • XXXquickscoperXXX
  • Thank you received: 35
18 Apr 2014 14:47 #56
What would be pretty fun is to have a computer player for mp so when your alone online you could still do mp.

I played marble blast

18 Apr 2014 22:31 - 18 Apr 2014 22:38 #57
"
•Instead of having a “more” button on SP’s gui, move the five outside, and change the menu button to match the other five. (Then again...that would become inconsistent with the multiplayer gui.)
•Make SP's level search consistent with MP's level search.
•In SP’s gui, merge MBG's categories with MBP's categories in the popup, instead of having to click MBG and then its difficulty categories.
•Use up and down arrow keys to change difficulty categories.
•Save IP in direct connect screen.
•Cancel button in joining server screen.
•Cancel button in marble select.
Last edit: 18 Apr 2014 22:38 by Rocket. Reason: Reason for Editing

• CheepFishMBP
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Experienced Marbler
18 Apr 2014 22:35 - 18 Apr 2014 22:55 #58
More requests:

1.There should be something to import every progress from my Philsempire account, including Easter Eggs and Achievements, so I can have more ratings.
2. When you have all the diamonds in a level, the diamond counter will be green.
3. When getting a Time Modifier, another clock will indicate how much time is left before the normal time starts again, similar to Marble Blast Powered Up.
Last edit: 18 Apr 2014 22:55 by CheepFishMBP.

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
  • Thank you received: 912
19 Apr 2014 01:40 - 19 Apr 2014 01:44 #59

Krishiv wrote: New [strike]HandiCaps[/strike]Gamemodes.

1.Mega marble war:there will be no gems spawned.Every player will get a mega marble powerup at start.When Player X falls OOB without getting knocked:-1 pts for that player.When Player Y knocks Player X:+1 pts for the Player Y if Player X goes OOB.

2.King of the hill(or whatever it is):No gems spawned.Every player will get blast powerup at start.Players will get +1 pts every second on the top.

• Not happening
  • Also not happening

Kwill wrote: If it's possible to make any changes:

Maybe two modes for super challenges? One mode that is like the current mode where the goal is to get the lowest total time regardless of how many attempts it takes to do it. And then the other mode could be a speed/race mode, where the goal is simply to be the first to beat all the levels in the set with 5 seconds off the total time subtracted for each time travel received. Going OOB would set you back because it would be more like a race. I feel like this would be more fun for casual players who can't do all the tricks and shortcuts the pros can.

• Not happening, just play challenges.

Marble BlastKid wrote: What would be pretty fun is to have a computer player for mp so when your alone online you could still do mp.

Not possible to make an AI for the millionth time.

Rocket wrote: "
•Instead of having a “more” button on SP’s gui, move the five outside, and change the menu button to match the other five. (Then again...that would become inconsistent with the multiplayer gui.)
•Make SP's level search consistent with MP's level search.
•In SP’s gui, merge MBG's categories with MBP's categories in the popup, instead of having to click MBG and then its difficulty categories.
•Use up and down arrow keys to change difficulty categories.
•Save IP in direct connect screen.
•Cancel button in joining server screen.
•Cancel button in marble select.

• You answered your own request. Also no space.
  • It already is. If you're in MBG, it checks for MBG levels. If in MBP, then MBP. If you're in custom, then it searches for custom. If you're in MP, then it searches for MP levels only.
  • It already does the same as 1.14, which separates MBG and MBP as different categories, since they are different games. There is no point to merge all beginner/int/adv levels together except creating a gigantic pile of messy mess.
  • Maybe possible? Unlikely to be implemented
  • HiGuy just did that
  • Watch Marble Blast crash when you press it. Ain't joking.
  • We're still trying to figure out why people ask for it. Just press 'select' for your marble of choice. Like what.

CheepFishMBP wrote: More requests:

1.There should be something to import every progress from my Philsempire account, including Easter Eggs and Achievements, so I can have more ratings.
2. When you have all the diamonds in a level, the diamond counter will be green.
3. When getting a Time Modifier, another clock will indicate how much time is left before the normal time starts again, similar to Marble Blast Powered Up.

• Achievements come with the time (except EEs), and we should've realised about the Easter Eggs... though that had some changes to it.
  • Not going to happen
  • Not happening for MBP, play other mods if you want that.

"matan, now i get what you meant a few years back when you said that "the level in mbg is beyond me" after the last rampage i noticed things were insane, and now i truly feel that too" - Dushine, 2015.
Last edit: 19 Apr 2014 01:44 by IsraeliRD. Reason: IT WENT TO THE SIDE AND I COULDN'T BRING IT BACK WHAT

19 Apr 2014 01:47 - 09 May 2014 22:34 #60
I meant the search gui differed in button location- search options are in different. Just a minor detail in consistency. Level select is already consistent so why not search.
And for the marble select- sometimes you go through the marbles just to think "ehh, I think the one I chose before was ok." Then you have to press the arrow key many times just to go back to the one previously selected.

Edit: Just realized the first part of what I was saying was really, really vague. So here's what I mean:
Last edit: 09 May 2014 22:34 by Rocket. Reason: Added image for clarity

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 1.024 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.