Marble Blast Platinum Support

We encourage you first of all to find solutions to your problem in this section's threads. If you do not thus find any solution, please take account of the following:

If you have a problem which prevents you from playing Marble Blast Platinum, please create a new thread on this board with a description of your problem as title. In your post please indicate the computer involved (Mac/PC, operating system).

If in playing Marble Blast Platinum you discover a bug, please post in the Community found Bugs/Mistakes sub-board.

If you need hints for the Marble Blast Platinum game, please post in the Hints, Videos and other Tips sub-board.

file MBP Suggestions aka THE ESSAY TOPIC

• Thank you received: 3
20 Apr 2009 12:40 #91
I could be able to make some bonus levels. However, my QuArK isn't cooperating right now.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Mkbul
  • Mkbul's Avatar Topic Author
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Thank you received: 0
20 Apr 2009 12:57 #92
Apr 20, 2009, 5:40am, ari11 wrote:I could be able to make some bonus levels. However, my QuArK isn't cooperating right now.

Ahem, he meant anymore votes on suggs

• technostick
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • Thank you received: 32
20 Apr 2009 14:07 #93
Here are my opinions (not including suggestions on which I am indifferent):

AGAINST

Separate high scores for each marble size, plus a few more sizes (something in between regular and small marble 1 and something larger than big marble 3).
A display of how large/small the marble is compared to the default marble (like 1.5x).
Compare high scores between different marbles.

FOR

An option to turn on/off a checker that will check if you have all interiors for a level being loaded.

FOR

A skybox changer. Possibly you could select the mode, and then select the skybox you want to go with it.
TO ADD: have more skyboxes, plus custom made ones.

FOR

Game = Platinum;
or
Game = Gold;
if Game isn't specified, then:
Game = Platinum;

If:
Game = Gold; , all scripts and sound files will direct to their MBG Powerups and Sounds equilavent.

This would also affect the PlayGUI and Scoreboard, achieveing 100% MBG for MBG levels. Unknown effect for Leaderboards.

FOR

The game needs to store (offline) top 5 scores instead of 3.

FOR

Automatic Demo Recording - A recording is automaticalyl made under some name and when the player finishes the level, he can press a button to save the recording (under a new name of course, else it's overwritten).
Reload button so that level reloads and the player can restart the demo without having to go through a huge process.

Note: Please expand such system so that the .rec doesn't screw up, for example you can't restart during a demo recording session, so if the player restarts he should be notified the the .rec file will not be saved/work and he has to reload the level. Perhaps add a 'reload' button to the 'ESC' menu as well?

AGAINST

A levels not completed feature that show which levels the player did not finish. (um, might overload customs)

FOR

Ability to play custom levels (non-online purposes) on the leaderboards (they give no rating of course) so that you can talk to other players.

FOR

Add scores (to show) how much each achievement is worth on the achievements page on LBs.

AGAINST

Gem Radar (the arrows like in MBU/O)

• Mkbul
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Experienced Marbler
20 Apr 2009 20:12 #94
I have a suggestion, wha about displaying the milliseconds on our records and end image?

20 Apr 2009 21:00 #95
Much as i have no power over you Techno i think i am right in saying Matan would also like reasons of your opinions i could be wrong but that is not a regular occurance

Also, i would Vote FOR on Mkbul's suggestions
could it be done on LB's also?

• Thank you received: 14
20 Apr 2009 23:30 #96
Apr 20, 2009, 1:12pm, mkbul wrote:I have a suggestion, wha about displaying the milliseconds on our records and end image?I'm for this, I like added precision and it also helps to distinguish between a.bcd and a.bce values.

A time can be beaten, but a path can't be rediscovered. The best path stays forever.

• Thank you received: 2
21 Apr 2009 01:15 #97
Time for my long post! Like the others, I'm only commenting on the suggestions that I have an opinion on.

Apr 19, 2009, 12:32am, admin wrote:Separate high scores for each marble size, plus a few more sizes (something in between regular and small marble 1 and something larger than big marble 3).
A display of how large/small the marble is compared to the default marble (like 1.5x).

Approved on all 3 counts. Also, my favorite size for a marble is that of Phil's Watermelon (in between the GG and regular marbles).

Apr 19, 2009, 12:32am, admin wrote:An option to turn on/off a checker that will check if you have all interiors for a level being loaded.

If you have all CLA and are careful in copying level-specific interiors, you shouldn't need to worry. If one was left out in the download, you'll only need to take a second to figure it out in-game. Not approved.

Apr 19, 2009, 12:32am, admin wrote:A skybox changer. Possibly you could select the mode, and then select the skybox you want to go with it.

Three words: yes, yes, yes.

Apr 19, 2009, 12:32am, admin wrote:Timer that shows how much Time Travel Bonus you have left

An interesting idea, but completely unnecessary.

Apr 19, 2009, 12:32am, admin wrote:A better GUIed level editor.
A level editor with buttons and a walkthrough.

Ideally, this would be great, an LE equivalent for the menu Manual perhaps. Sounds like quite a bit of work, though.

Apr 19, 2009, 12:32am, admin wrote:Expand the options menu to 'Gameplay' header where you can modify game values automatically. Options can be included for;
Default Gravity
Jumping
Rebound
Recoil
Friction
Diagonal speed = Forward Speed (so diagonal is the same as forwards)
Other characteristics

Everything can be changed with a few sliders, buttons and maybe number inputs.

Have a 'Default' option so that players can play on the Leaderboards. If values not at default, they can't access LBs.

I wouldn't use it, but it could be fun for other people.

Apr 19, 2009, 12:32am, admin wrote:The game needs to store (offline) top 5 scores instead of 3.

I'm fine with three. I'd suggest you guys reject this.

Apr 19, 2009, 12:32am, admin wrote:Automatic Demo Recording - A recording is automaticalyl made under some name and when the player finishes the level, he can press a button to save the recording (under a new name of course, else it's overwritten).
Reload button so that level reloads and the player can restart the demo without having to go through a huge process.

Note: Please expand such system so that the .rec doesn't screw up, for example you can't restart during a demo recording session, so if the player restarts he should be notified the the .rec file will not be saved/work and he has to reload the level. Perhaps add a 'reload' button to the 'ESC' menu as well?

1. If so, make it an option.
2. The reload button sounds like a nice suggestion if you go ahead with this. Also, ideally, maybe it will be possible to program the .rec file to erase and restart when the player restarts.

Apr 19, 2009, 12:32am, admin wrote:Last 25 levels played feature in the search feature so that you can find that one you randomly clicked.

On the LBs or offline? I think this would be useful on both. Maybe make the number amount an option as well?

Apr 19, 2009, 12:32am, admin wrote:Platinum/Ultimate tags showing on the Leaderboards next to the times like they do in Singleplayer, if possible. Possible on general or just personal? On general it would be interesting to have a P or U tag, maybe just a single picture with a single letter in the P/U colors?

Color tags are a nice idea, but I don't feel the need for P/U.

Apr 19, 2009, 12:32am, admin wrote:A levels not completed feature that show which levels the player did not finish. (um, might overload customs)

Unnecessary. On the LBs, you can just look at the personal score section beneath the level menu, and offline, it's just as obvious.

Apr 19, 2009, 12:32am, admin wrote:Levels released feature (like TotDay) that shows level name/author and a download link to it on PhilsEmpire server. Works on mac if they're able to do an interior test.

Are we talking about accessing the forums' monthly released levels list? If so, sounds good.

Apr 19, 2009, 12:32am, admin wrote:A button that disables the qualify and par times of all levels. Does not work on Leaderboards?

Not approved. Just get skilled and learn to beat the levels.

Apr 19, 2009, 12:32am, admin wrote:Ability to play custom levels (non-online purposes) on the leaderboards (they give no rating of course) so that you can talk to other players.

I'm fine with the current setup.

Apr 19, 2009, 12:32am, admin wrote:Add leaderboard achievements to offline (first four pages)

Maybe for Mac 1.13 (unless 1.12 already has that), but I don't see the point for Windows. If you're going for an achievement, why wouldn't you be online for the points? If you want to see your achievements without logging in to the LBs, I suppose this could be a good idea, but it's not really necessary.

Apr 19, 2009, 12:32am, admin wrote:New achievements

Definitely!

Apr 19, 2009, 12:32am, admin wrote:Add scores (to show) how much each achievement is worth on the achievements page on LBs.

Approved! √

Apr 19, 2009, 12:32am, admin wrote:Gem Radar (the arrows like in MBU/O)

Unnecessary and annoying, especially in levels that have a number of gems concentrated in one area.

Apr 19, 2009, 12:32am, admin wrote:Bonus levels for completing achievements

Eg. you unlock a hidden level for getting 60 EEs, another level after getting all 120 EEs. Maybe after getting a sub minute on Theif you unlock a hidden sequel. After beating BF's UT you unlock a hidden extra Battlecube level. After getting over 10mil points in the LBs you unlock another level etc.

Sounds tantalizing.

Apr 19, 2009, 12:32am, admin wrote:Frictionprefs.cs SEPARATE from LBs so that players can make custom frictions.

Although the frictions run the gamut from really slippery to really rough, I think this is still a good idea for developers like Oaky and HiGuy.

• technostick
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
21 Apr 2009 13:16 #98
Why not put the custom friction code in the .mis?

• Thank you received: 18
21 Apr 2009 13:28 #99
Apr 21, 2009, 6:16am, technostick wrote:Why not put the custom friction code in the .mis?

Would be great, but I suspect it's not possible to direct the game to look in two places for friction codes.

• technostick
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
21 Apr 2009 13:50 #100
If you put friction code in a .mis the game will read it as well as any friction code anywhere else. I mean that it is not necessary to create yet another file for custom frictions to be installed.

• CheepFishMBP
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Experienced Marbler
  • I am currently inactive.
22 Apr 2009 04:19 #101
Quote:Separate high scores for each marble size, plus a few more sizes (something in between regular and small marble 1 and something larger than big marble 3).

Approved.

Quote:An option to turn on/off a checker that will check if you have all interiors for a level being loaded.

Approved, if you don't know the level's interiors.

Quote:A skybox changer. Possibly you could select the mode, and then select the skybox you want to go with it.

Approved, if you get bored of the skyboxes.

Quote:Timer that shows how much Time Travel Bonus you have left

Approved, if you lose track of the time bonus.

Quote:A better GUIed level editor.

Approved, if you don't know how to make levels.

Quote:A LEPrefs.cs that can remember all values set by the user (starts default, but is modifyable).

I think approved.

Quote:Game = Platinum;
or
Game = Gold;
Game = Platinum;

If:
Game = Gold; , all scripts and sound files will direct to their MBG Powerups and Sounds equilavent.

This would also affect the PlayGUI and Scoreboard, achieveing 100% MBG for MBG levels. Unknown effect for Leaderboards

Approved.

Quote:Expand the options menu to 'Gameplay' header where you can modify game values automatically. Options can be included for;
Default Gravity
Jumping
Rebound
Recoil
Friction
Other characteristics

Have a 'Default' option so that players can play on the Leaderboards. If values not at default, they can't access LBs.

Ok, approved.

Quote:The game needs to store (offline) top 5 scores instead of 3.

Approved.

Quote:Automatic Demo Recording - A recording is automaticalyl made under some name and when the player finishes the level, he can press a button to save the recording (under a new name of course, else it's overwritten).

Approved.

Quote:Last 25 levels played feature in the search feature so that you can find that one you randomly clicked.

Approved.

Quote:- A Restart from Last Checkpoint button.
(AllowLastChkpt = 1; (Rolling to Eternity and other levels can be cheated this way using TMs))

Approved.

Quote:Platinum/Ultimate tags showing on the Leaderboards next to the times like they do in Singleplayer, if possible. Possible on general or just personal? On general it would be interesting to have a P or U tag, maybe just a single picture with a single letter in the P/U colors?

Approved.

Quote:A levels not completed feature that show which levels the player did not finish. (um, might overload customs)

Not approved.

Quote:Levels released feature (like TotDay) that shows level name/author and a download link to it on PhilsEmpire server. Works on mac if they're able to do an interior test.

Approved.

Quote:A button that disables the qualify and par times of all levels. Does not work on Leaderboards?

Not approved, if it's too easy to finish a level with no par times.

Quote:Ability to play custom levels (non-online purposes) on the leaderboards (they give no rating of course) so that you can talk to other players.

Approved.

Quote:Add leaderboard achievements to offline (first four pages)

Approved, if you can't go online or don't have an account.

Quote:New achievements

Approved.

Quote:Add scores (to show) how much each achievement is worth on the achievements page on LBs.

Approved.

Quote:Gem Radar (the arrows like in MBU/O)

Approved, but only if arrows don't drive you crazy.

Quote:Bonus levels for completing achievements

Eg. you unlock a hidden level for getting 60 EEs, another level after getting all 120 EEs. Maybe after getting a sub minute on Theif you unlock a hidden sequel. After beating BF's UT you unlock a hidden extra Battlecube level. After getting over 10mil points in the LBs you unlock another level etc.

Approved.

Quote:Frictionprefs.cs SEPARATE from LBs so that players can make custom frictions.

Half-approved.

22 Apr 2009 05:34 #102
Separate high scores for each marble size, plus a few more sizes (something in between regular and small marble 1 and something larger than big marble 3).
+100000000000000
But honestly, I don't see the point in more marble sizes. I don't find any use for marbles between mid-big and mid-small. I just use the standard+tiny+huge.
An option to turn on/off a checker that will check if you have all interiors for a level being loaded.
+1
This doesn't apply to me as much, because I don't play many custom levels, but I think this will be very helpful for when I first play one, because I may have forgotten an interior update.
A skybox changer. Possibly you could select the mode, and then select the skybox you want to go with it.
+10
This would really freshen up the gameplay. It would also make you more AWARE of the sky, not just a boring background that gets burned into your brain, never changing. Makes it more fun.
Timer that shows how much Time Travel Bonus you have left
I think the extra timer would be distracting and somewhat unnecessary. Perhaps aural stimulus could be implemented instead of visual, such as a faster sound effect as time gets less, or a different one, etc. etc.
A better GUIed level editor.
+1
Walkthrough unnecessary, and should only be implemented if it's both thorough and easy to understand.
A LEPrefs.cs that can remember all values set by the user (starts default, but is modifyable).
+1
Not important, but good for convenience.
Game = Platinum;
or
Game = Gold;
Game = Platinum;

If:

This would also affect the PlayGUI and Scoreboard, achieveing 100% MBG for MBG levels. Unknown effect for Leaderboards.
+573
This would be really cool.
Expand the options menu to 'Gameplay' header where you can modify game values automatically. Options can be included for;
Default Gravity
Jumping
Rebound
Recoil
Friction
Other characteristics

+9999999999999999999999
Is this 'Default' option a RESET option that makes it back to normal? Just trying to clear things up.
And whatever happened to the alternate version of this, the Features one? Only removing TMs and gems would be practical, but still worth it.
The game needs to store (offline) top 5 scores instead of 3.
+1
It makes each run you do worth that much more. It's more satisfying if you're able to get a NEW time.
Automatic Demo Recording - A recording is automaticalyl made under some name and when the player finishes the level, he can press a button to save the recording (under a new name of course, else it's overwritten).

+1
Very helpful. But especially the option to have it reload the level for you.
Last 25 levels played feature in the search feature so that you can find that one you randomly clicked.
+1
Great way to (as mentioned above) freshen up your level selection.
- A Restart from Last Checkpoint button.
(AllowLastChkpt = 1; (Rolling to Eternity and other levels can be cheated this way using TMs))
+1
Useful.
Platinum/Ultimate tags showing on the Leaderboards next to the times like they do in Singleplayer, if possible. Possible on general or just personal? On general it would be interesting to have a P or U tag, maybe just a single picture with a single letter in the P/U colors?
+1
Even though I can't do MP, it causes consistency throughout the game, and that's good for anything.
A levels not completed feature that show which levels the player did not finish. (um, might overload customs)
No practical use.
Levels released feature (like TotDay) that shows level name/author and a download link to it on PhilsEmpire server. Works on mac if they're able to do an interior test.
+1
Cool.
A button that disables the qualify and par times of all levels. Does not work on Leaderboards?
Those times were entered there for a reason.
Ability to play custom levels (non-online purposes) on the leaderboards (they give no rating of course) so that you can talk to other players.
+1
cool feature
Add leaderboard achievements to offline (first four pages)
+1
For Motivation!
Add scores (to show) how much each achievement is worth on the achievements page on LBs.
+-0
Not needed. It'd only be for people who want to get all the points they possibly can... (hmmm... maybe that'd qualify most of you )
Gem Radar (the arrows like in MBU/O)
There're tons of levels out there that are BASED on the fact that there's no gem radar. Besides, you can use the LE to find gems (is that even possible on official levels in Windows MBP?).
No radar makes it FUN. Like in Red Steel. There's no map. You have to learn it yourself and only then can you screen cheat.
Bonus levels for completing achievements

+1
Motivation is always good.
Frictionprefs.cs SEPARATE from LBs so that players can make custom frictions.
+92734598263458
I was so disappointed to find that custom frictions were discarded for MBP!

• Thank you received: 52
22 Apr 2009 07:10 #103
What about : In the achievements screen, you could put the Total Time for MBP & MBG separate difficulties.

Like : MBG Beginner Total = XX.XX.XXX and if the didn't complete all of the levels in that section, specifiy how many levels he has done out of 24, or out of 52 for MBG. Apply that for Beginner, Intermediate and Advanced... would be cool.

And same with MBP...

Just an idea I'd like so much...

22 Apr 2009 08:34 #104
Apr 21, 2009, 10:34pm, sporlo wrote:- A Restart from Last Checkpoint button.
As someone mentioned earlier, it takes the skill out of the game. With this, you could just work on ONE section over and over so that you'd EVENTUALLY beat it, but it doesn't show your true skill because you'd end up with a still good time.How is this different from going OOB after a checkpoint, except that you respawn a few seconds faster? That would improve the time, but not as much as what you seem to be implying.

A time can be beaten, but a path can't be rediscovered. The best path stays forever.

• technostick
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
22 Apr 2009 11:04 #105
There are levels (particularly custom) in which one can get stuck with no way to continue or to go OOB.

• Mkbul
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Experienced Marbler
22 Apr 2009 20:15 #106
Rofl, who named the topic like this

22 Apr 2009 20:22 #107
Lol, well i called it that to everybody who i linked it to when new suggestions were out, i assume matan but i am taking credit for the name

22 Apr 2009 20:37 #108
Apr 22, 2009, 1:34am, imacmatician wrote:
Apr 21, 2009, 10:34pm, sporlo wrote:- A Restart from Last Checkpoint button.
As someone mentioned earlier, it takes the skill out of the game. With this, you could just work on ONE section over and over so that you'd EVENTUALLY beat it, but it doesn't show your true skill because you'd end up with a still good time.How is this different from going OOB after a checkpoint, except that you respawn a few seconds faster? That would improve the time, but not as much as what you seem to be implying.

Wow, sorry, epic fail on my part. For some reason, I was writing that as if it was a suggestion saying that the TIME would restart after respawning at a checkpoint.

But now, thinking about it, I support AllowLastChkpt.
+1
I'm not sure that I was entirely grasping the concept and what EXACTLY the implementation would entail.

• Mkbul
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Experienced Marbler
22 Apr 2009 20:55 #109
Quote:Gem Radar (the arrows like in MBU/O)

Umm...NO...NO!

But if we have an option to allow/disallow it?

22 Apr 2009 21:10 #110
I know we have enough suggestions already, but I want to post them here so I don't have to try to remember them for the future.

Sequential Gems
This could work a couple of different ways. Each gem could have a field called collectOrder or something like that, and you'd input 1-99, which makes you unable to collect gems not next in the sequence. It'd add some variety to level strategies. If GemRadar is ever implemented, it could most effectively be applied to this concept. That way there's only one arrow at all times. Also, you could somehow code to make all gems, except the one supposed to be collected next, invisible, so that after you collect the one gem, the next one is plotted. I believe (not know) this is possible, as how else do you guys get the gems to respawn after a checkpoint spawn?
Obviously, without the GemRadar or the invisible gems, a sequential gem order might not be as practical because it'd be hard to tell what gem you need next other than the logical level flow. An idea to HELP solve this is sequential GROUPS. So if many gems are near each other, you could label all their collectOrders to equal the same number, so it didn't matter which OF THAT GROUP that you collected first.

More Comments on the Checkpoint
This is a little late, as, well, the game is already released and widespread, not to mention a level's best path is based off it, but I always thought that Time Modifier's modifications should be reversed after a Checkpoint spawn. The TMs that you had collected would stay gone, but wouldn't it be more consistent if your BONUS time was reset just like your powerups/gems? Also, only the bonus time that you collected AFTER the last checkpoint would be reset. If I got a 5 sec TM, then went OOB, the time would stay the same as always, but then if I got another 5 sec TM before reaching the next checkpoint, I think THAT 5 secs should be reset (your previous 5 would stay).

Does anyone support any of that? General comments?

22 Apr 2009 21:16 #111
I'll take credit for the rename.

IMO, Gem Radar is never necessary in MBP. Spy has better stuff to work on.

22 Apr 2009 22:25 #112
Apr 22, 2009, 1:55pm, mkbul wrote:But if we have an option to allow/disallow it?I think a lot of these suggestions are optional in that they can be turned on/off.

Apr 22, 2009, 2:10pm, sporlo wrote:I know we have enough suggestions already, but I want to post them here so I don't have to try to remember them for the future.

Sequential Gems
This could work a couple of different ways. Each gem could have a field called collectOrder or something like that, and you'd input 1-99, which makes you unable to collect gems not next in the sequence. It'd add some variety to level strategies. If GemRadar is ever implemented, it could most effectively be applied to this concept. That way there's only one arrow at all times. Also, you could somehow code to make all gems, except the one supposed to be collected next, invisible, so that after you collect the one gem, the next one is plotted. I believe (not know) this is possible, as how else do you guys get the gems to respawn after a checkpoint spawn?
Obviously, without the GemRadar or the invisible gems, a sequential gem order might not be as practical because it'd be hard to tell what gem you need next other than the logical level flow. An idea to HELP solve this is sequential GROUPS. So if many gems are near each other, you could label all their collectOrders to equal the same number, so it didn't matter which OF THAT GROUP that you collected first.Very interesting idea, I like it. A variant of this idea would be that ONLY the next gem (or a set of gems, like 3, 5, 13) would be invisible, although I don't think it's as practical as yours.

22 Apr 2009 23:09 #113
LOL go Pablo for the name

22 Apr 2009 23:13 #114
Well it is

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
  • Thank you received: 912
22 Apr 2009 23:50 #115
Leave implementation to us

"matan, now i get what you meant a few years back when you said that "the level in mbg is beyond me" after the last rampage i noticed things were insane, and now i truly feel that too" - Dushine, 2015.

22 Apr 2009 23:51 #116
I'd like to start by saying i can't believe you are claiming credit for the Rename Pablo.. especially after i kept saying it to you

also... since things have to get votes now

Quote:Sequential Gems
Obviously, without the GemRadar or the invisible gems, a sequential gem order might not be as practical because it'd be hard to tell what gem you need next other than the logical level flow. An idea to HELP solve this is sequential GROUPS. So if many gems are near each other, you could label all their collectOrders to equal the same number, so it didn't matter which OF THAT GROUP that you collected first.

For, it is a clever idea and i have no reason to say no....

Quote:More Comments on the Checkpoint
This is a little late, as, well, the game is already released and widespread, not to mention a level's best path is based off it, but I always thought that Time Modifier's modifications should be reversed after a Checkpoint spawn. The TMs that you had collected would stay gone, but wouldn't it be more consistent if your BONUS time was reset just like your powerups/gems? Also, only the bonus time that you collected AFTER the last checkpoint would be reset. If I got a 5 sec TM, then went OOB, the time would stay the same as always, but then if I got another 5 sec TM before reaching the next checkpoint, I think THAT 5 secs should be reset (your previous 5 would stay).

I hate to deny them, but i don't really understand this a littler more clarification would be nice the current explanation seems a little higgeldy piggeldy to me
NEEDS TO BE REVIEWED LATER

Quote:What about : In the achievements screen, you could put the Total Time for MBP & MBG separate difficulties.

Like : MBG Beginner Total = XX.XX.XXX and if the didn't complete all of the levels in that section, specifiy how many levels he has done out of 24, or out of 52 for MBG. Apply that for Beginner, Intermediate and Advanced... would be cool.

And same with MBP...

Just an idea I'd like so much...

Sounds good , this makes comparison more easy...

along with this, would it be possible to see this in people's status section in the LB's :
or maybe even a seperate total LB's section that we could somehow implement via clicking the gold you could see,

also can we see overall time and levels played in general ranks
would be nice to see, maybe.. it is up to you guys.. just hold your vote with or against my ideas i just throw my ideas out without actually reviewing myself.. i'm not sure if this is good but you might like and we are a community so if you are reading this.. vote because YOU make the difference

23 Apr 2009 06:29 #117
Apr 22, 2009, 4:51pm, thoran wrote:i can't believe you are claiming credit for the Rename Pablo..

23 Apr 2009 06:58 #118
Apr 22, 2009, 2:10pm, sporlo wrote:Sequential Gems
This could work a couple of different ways. Each gem could have a field called collectOrder or something like that, and you'd input 1-99, which makes you unable to collect gems not next in the sequence. It'd add some variety to level strategies. If GemRadar is ever implemented, it could most effectively be applied to this concept. That way there's only one arrow at all times. Also, you could somehow code to make all gems, except the one supposed to be collected next, invisible, so that after you collect the one gem, the next one is plotted.

This is an interesting idea, but I don't really see it as being useful. It may even be counterproductive. If you hide all the gems, players will not be able to plan a route, and pathfinding levels obviously can't use this. Heck, doing an alternate, non-standard route on any given level would be impossible. The GemRadar doesn't seem necessary either, unless the gems are spaced in long intervals from each other.

Thoran, focus on this:

Apr 22, 2009, 2:10pm, sporlo wrote:More Comments on the Checkpoint
This is a little late, as, well, the game is already released and widespread, not to mention a level's best path is based off it, but I always thought that Time Modifier's modifications should be reversed after a Checkpoint spawn.

In find this to be a fun sort of glitch, and taking it away would remove one of the game's neatest tricks. It can also be a time saver in numerous other levels as well. Not approved.

• Thank you received: 52
23 Apr 2009 07:31 #119
Thoran : Thanks for backing me for the Total Times idea
Anyone else who would like that?

And for Gem Radar, wouldn't it be like... a bit copying MBU if we program one? Idk...

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
  • Thank you received: 912
23 Apr 2009 10:00 #120
Apr 22, 2009, 11:29pm, spy47 wrote:
Apr 22, 2009, 4:51pm, thoran wrote:i can't believe you are claiming credit for the Rename Pablo..

"matan, now i get what you meant a few years back when you said that "the level in mbg is beyond me" after the last rampage i noticed things were insane, and now i truly feel that too" - Dushine, 2015.

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 1.652 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.