Marble Blast Platinum Support

We encourage you first of all to find solutions to your problem in this section's threads. If you do not thus find any solution, please take account of the following:

If you have a problem which prevents you from playing Marble Blast Platinum, please create a new thread on this board with a description of your problem as title. In your post please indicate the computer involved (Mac/PC, operating system).

If in playing Marble Blast Platinum you discover a bug, please post in the Community found Bugs/Mistakes sub-board.

If you need hints for the Marble Blast Platinum game, please post in the Hints, Videos and other Tips sub-board.

map-pin The Official MBP 1.50 Bug Report Thread

• eNetro
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • Skilled PlatinumQuest Player
  • Thank you received: 49
15 Jan 2014 01:52 #61
Here are some bugs I've encountered when using the beta on my Mac (I might post more in the future):
1) Every time I left the leaderboards, the whole game freezes up.
2) Occasionally, I lost control of the marble when playing on the level. This makes me press the escape key to pause and click 'No' to get this working again.

Awesome Hint:

Since the Awesome Time/Score is secret, you will have to beat it in order to find out what it is. Just practice every day, and be ready to keep pressing the 'Restart' button...A LOT!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• RandomityGuy
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • This entire place is bruh
  • Thank you received: 61
15 Jan 2014 08:35 - 15 Jan 2014 15:11 #62
Another bug

I couldn't press the "I am ready" checkbox.It was Higuy's server.I traced the bug,I have emailed that console log at Marbleblast@gmail.com

Edit:OPPS,I have send the file at Marbleblast@gmail.com not marbleblastforums@gmail,I will resend the file.

Github:
github.com/RandomityGuy
Feel free to support me at ko-fi.com/randomityguy
Last edit: 15 Jan 2014 15:11 by RandomityGuy.

• HiGuy
  • Lead Developer
  • Lead Developer
  • PQ Developer Emeritus
  • Thank you received: 604
15 Jan 2014 14:58 #63
I believe you meant to send that to marbleblastforums@gmail.com, not marbleblast@gmail.com ... Might want to send it again.

This signature is real code
Code:
function clientcmd12dothepq() { commandToClient(LocalClientConnection, '34onthedancefloor'); }

• Thank you received: 123
19 Jan 2014 19:28 - 19 Jan 2014 23:54 #64
Something weird happened. The screenshot explains. What happened? I had played MP earlier that session.

At least it saved my score without erasing the old ones.

Other bugs:
I had turned every MP disability on, and it randomly said it got a Blast powerup (HUD too), but it didn't even do anything.
Taunts randomly leaked from one player to the global chats. Like, 50 in 5 seconds.
Gems that are aligned vertically have beams that fight if they are not the same color; it should probably blend.
If you type in chat, the chat doesn't move left if you type beyond the rightmost bound of the message box.
Attachments:
Last edit: 19 Jan 2014 23:54 by ProMarbler. Reason: Added trace logs. Bit big, though.

• HiGuy
  • Lead Developer
  • Lead Developer
  • PQ Developer Emeritus
20 Jan 2014 00:02 #65
FIXED: What promarbler just posted
ADDED: Server list refresh button

Code:
function clientcmd12dothepq() { commandToClient(LocalClientConnection, '34onthedancefloor'); }

• Thank you received: 2
24 Jan 2014 19:04 #66
Matan Mode will refresh the gem spawn at constant 10 second intervals regardless of whether a player was successful at collecting the whole spawn.

Gems spawn. Player collects all the gems with 2 seconds to spare. New gem nest will spawn. 2 seconds later, yet another nest will spawn instead of resetting the timer to zero and waiting a full 10 seconds.

I'm assuming this was just an oversight and not an intentional mechanic.

In any case, I think Matan Mode is a really neat game mode and I'm glad you added it. For single players, it's a good simulation of a game with multiple players (or just Matan, as the name suggests, hehe).

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
  • Thank you received: 912
24 Jan 2014 22:13 #67
Actually that is an intentional mechanic. It doesn't care if it got a new spawn half a second before, it will respawn the gems.
Glad you enjoy it. It's a fun mode HiGuy added a few months ago because of me and it does throw you off at first, and then you take off Matan Mode and you go "but I have to collect that gem? I don't want to!".

"matan, now i get what you meant a few years back when you said that "the level in mbg is beyond me" after the last rampage i noticed things were insane, and now i truly feel that too" - Dushine, 2015.

• Battlecube314
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • 100% Gold/Ultimate/Awesome!!
  • Thank you received: 155
25 Jan 2014 16:24 #68
Mac OS 10.5.8 PPC

Custom LB EE's do not show up in blue in the level select if found, but are still counted in the overall stats menu for total EE's. EE's in official MBP work fine.

26 Jan 2014 17:46 #69
Oh…
I mean, that's fine if that's what you want, but I just figured IRL that's not how it would happen. Like, if you collected all gems in a spawn before "Matan" got to any, then the next spawn wouldn't disappear in an instant regardless of how good everyone else is.

• ChaosUnown
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Experienced Marbler
  • MB Graphic/Interior Designer
  • Thank you received: 5
28 Jan 2014 00:56 #70
I am currently using the native Mac build of 1.50 version 2.0. I have no idea what happened, but all of the custom levels I had downloaded completely broke. This never happened in version 1.5, but the moment I replaced it with version 2.0 the interiors for the custom levels either disappeared, or got misaligned horribly. It seems pretty obvious I'll have to re-download them but I wanted to bring this up because this is an unacceptable glitch that happened to me.

29 Jan 2014 00:29 - 29 Jan 2014 11:46 #71
For some reason, whenever I try to host on windows 7 or ubuntu, marbleblast suddenlt decides to stop working whenever I click "play". It may or may not get to the "Waiting..." before it decides to crash. On windows, it says that marbleblast has [crashed]. On ubuntu, it frreezes up and I cannot regain my mouse, so I have to switch to a terminal and kill the process. On Mac, all is just fine, which is surprising. I have a bunch of logs from runs on ubuntu. Singleplayer plays just fine. If you can fix this it would be much appreciated.

Also, what happened to -console functionality? I'd like to see output in my terminal window. It sometimes catches things that don't appear in the log, due to the game not being able to save its logs after that point. I'm using -log 2 in hopes that it saves more. It should work, since the game makes it really obvious when it received bad arguments by instantly crashing.
Attachments:
Last edit: 29 Jan 2014 11:46 by ProMarbler. Reason: Spam wheree

• ChaosUnown
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Experienced Marbler
  • MB Graphic/Interior Designer
  • Thank you received: 5
30 Jan 2014 15:44 #72
So just for the fun of I decided to try out the Wineskin port of MBP 1.50 on my Mac OS X Snow Leopard, and as expected something went wrong, making it virtually unplayable. The moment I open the program this is the first screen I get:

This is exactly why I never bothered porting the windows version of any more MarbleBlast games to Mac myself. You might notice the lack of an actual game, and that it looks like it encountered a serious crash, and as a matter of fact it did because I couldn't properly close the game and had to force quit it.

• HiGuy
  • Lead Developer
  • Lead Developer
  • PQ Developer Emeritus
30 Jan 2014 16:01 #73
Ohhhhhhh that doesn't look good. What happens if you try doing a test run (open the "Wineskin" application inside the bundle). Can you send me your console.log file? You should find it inside the bundle; it should be in drive_c/Program Files/MBP

Code:

• CheepFishMBP
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Experienced Marbler
  • I am currently inactive.
  • Thank you received: 14
31 Jan 2014 04:04 #74
MBP won't run if there is at least one screenshot file in platinumbeta/data/screenshots.

• RandomityGuy
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • This entire place is bruh
  • Thank you received: 61
31 Jan 2014 07:57 - 03 Feb 2014 10:12 #75
1.Being able to use voice taunts on global chat while in the multiplayer server.
2.Guests can't log in,it gets stuck.
3.Can slap someone who isn't online or doesn't exist in leaderboards chat and not in webchat.

Github:
github.com/RandomityGuy
Feel free to support me at ko-fi.com/randomityguy
Last edit: 03 Feb 2014 10:12 by RandomityGuy.

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
  • Thank you received: 912
31 Jan 2014 12:24 #76
That's not a bug

"matan, now i get what you meant a few years back when you said that "the level in mbg is beyond me" after the last rampage i noticed things were insane, and now i truly feel that too" - Dushine, 2015.

• HiGuy
  • Lead Developer
  • Lead Developer
  • PQ Developer Emeritus
31 Jan 2014 20:56 #77
@Cheep: now that I definitely haven't seen (just tested and it works for me). Can you upload a trace log?

Code:

• CheepFishMBP
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Experienced Marbler
01 Feb 2014 17:56 #78
I'll try to do that ASAP, but I cannot because of the message: "WARNING! A post containing harmful content or spam has been detected. The website administration has been automatically alerted."

• HiGuy
  • Lead Developer
  • Lead Developer
  • PQ Developer Emeritus
01 Feb 2014 19:51 #79
Could you try emailing it to marbleblastforums@gmail.com ?

Code:

• Thank you received: 67
01 Feb 2014 19:52 #80
- Mac 10.9.1
- Florida
- I was playing through all of the beginner levels, and got up to Battlecube, I passed it and clicked "Next Level". It took me to "Triple Decker", as expected, but after I played through a few I noticed that Battle cube didn't have a Top Time. (I beat it WITHOUT going over the Par Time), So I played it again and this time I clicked "continue" and the time was saved this time. This happened again with Battlecube Revisited.

Bug: Times don't save when pressing "Next Level" and it taking you to another category.
Basically, you play Battlecube, beat it, then press "Next Level" and your time won't be saved.

• Thank you received: 156
03 Feb 2014 01:08 - 09 Feb 2014 01:00 #81
Windows 8
Ohio

1.In SP hunt, the game displays "Platinum Score" if you tie the Ultimate Score.
2. The game crashes upon exiting.
3. The ë in NëonTech displays as an Î.
4. My grand total displays as fifty seconds. That can't possibly be right...
5. The grammar mistake in Learn the Time Modifier still isn't fixed :P ("most highest valued Time Modifier")
Last edit: 09 Feb 2014 01:00 by Marson.

07 Feb 2014 01:26 - 07 Feb 2014 02:11 #82
I just ran the Windows MBP in the provided Wineskin wrapper on my Mac.

1) lzx joined my server and said that the level was "glooming" or "shining". I got no further explanation from him.
2) BS7 tried to join my server but was unable to because the game said he had an incompatible version. He is running Windows 8.1, and lzx, who could join, is running Windows 7. BS7 was on beta 2.0.

3) Not a bug per se, but I noticed that all network activity in this Wineskin wrapper is SIGNIFICANTLY faster than in the native Mac app. Of course, the actual level playing/rendering is slower because, well, there's more processing going on I assume, but I don't get why the Windows version has massively faster networking. Is this just due to the poor Torque backend Mac support?

Another thing I just noticed: the Wineskin wrapper hardly heats up my computer. The fans are barely audible. As soon as I open the Mac version, the fans go crazy. This could just be the better graphics performance (I get 120-150 fps on Mac version, and in the wrapper it's often sub 60, around 55). But it's still strange.

It's a little disappointing how much better the Windows version is...
Last edit: 07 Feb 2014 02:11 by Sporlo.

• HiGuy
  • Lead Developer
  • Lead Developer
  • PQ Developer Emeritus
07 Feb 2014 05:40 #83
Oh wow, looks like I messed up the $userMods variables. Not going to bother to reupload (because I'll just fix it for Beta 3), but you can fix it yourself easily.
Just "Show Package Contents" on the application, and open main.cs
Change
Code:
$baseMods = "platinumbeta"; $userMods = "platinumbeta";
to
Code:
//$baseMods = "platinumbeta"; //Don't load this directory twice $userMods = "platinumbeta";
Send a console if it continues to not work :)

Code:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sporlo

• Jeff
  • Elite Marbler
  • Elite Marbler
  • PlatinumQuest Programmer
  • Thank you received: 205
08 Feb 2014 00:07 #84
@Sporlo

Poor networking performance on mac was from the torque engine backend. all engine level stuff. All the script code is the same between pc and mac.

You will only get a maximum fps of 64 fps on the windows version, because they VSync'd the windows version (impossible to turn off through scripting). The mac version, however, will run as fast as possible,which is why your getting a large fps on rendering.

I am a programmer. Most here know me for being one of the major contributors to Marble Blast Platinum and PlatinumQuest.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sporlo

08 Feb 2014 05:45 - 08 Feb 2014 05:46 #85
•Changing Resolution and pressing apply will show the dialog asking for confirmation, but the title “Keep Resolution?” oddly disappears a few seconds after.

•Guests will be able to “login” but will never see the Leaderboards screen.
•Pressing the Record button in LB SP followed by canceling doesn’t put the replay button back to normal.

•Canceling Preload by switching maps doesn’t reset the loading bar.
•Entering a server mid-game, then pressing yes to play instead of spectate, the player list will still show [ S ].
•You can loop between players in spectator mode, but only pressing D and not A. Pressing A still spectates the previous player, only it will not loop to the last player when you get to the first player.

———
•On “downloading category data” GUI when viewing the custom levels in LB, pressing the cancel button on that GUI will only cancel for a while, whereupon the “downloading category data” GUI continues to appear over and over again. This effect occurs only in the level select screen. Entering a level/waiting for it cancels the effect.
•On the mac, there is a minor bug with scroll bars— a red line is shown above and below the scroll bar. I’ve only seen this in the multiplayer level select screen.
•On occasion in multiplayer, on the ready screen, sometimes white gems appear everywhere on the level where there would be gem groups.
•Disabling blast still allows players other than host to pickup a blast powerup (but not use it). They roll over the area where the blast powerup would be if it was enabled.
Last edit: 08 Feb 2014 05:46 by Rocket. Reason: [S]

• Thank you received: 20
08 Feb 2014 19:09 #86
When I load a multiplayer level for the first time after the MBP beta is opened, the gem radar is absent. It comes back in subsequent loads. I sent the console in the email.

09 Feb 2014 20:24 #87
Restart (manual restart, OOB, or finish level and replay) a .rec recording, and your marble will revert to the default Platinum P.

• eNetro
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • Skilled PlatinumQuest Player
  • Thank you received: 49
14 Feb 2014 17:04 #88
There are still occasional crashes when I started up the beta 2.0 and when I was in a middle of a level.

Awesome Hint:

Since the Awesome Time/Score is secret, you will have to beat it in order to find out what it is. Just practice every day, and be ready to keep pressing the 'Restart' button...A LOT!

29 Mar 2014 17:59 - 29 Mar 2014 23:40 #89
Some in general, some on my old Mac.

~ Higuy messed up the dedicated server.
---- The game is not possible to start or reset. (Windows server was stuck in the end game view, while it doesn't accept me in for the Mac server.
---- The game also doesn't clear people who are disconnected from the list, probably preventing me from playing.
~ MP lag icon shows sometimes even with the ping at the bottom right.
~ Logged in count doesn't seem to work before you login. (Shows zero)
~ The Singleplayer interface is ugly. bring back the 1.20/previous ones.
---- The thing shades the screen upon clicking the More button, even though there isn't a proper GUI screen.
---- Too many moved buttons, too confusing to use, drop-downs are annoying, and small icons make it hard to see what the button does.
[strike]---- No top 5 times???[/strike] (totally not obvious)
---- Button icons need mouseover text. Do it.
~ The "Some servers not shown" message doesn't reset to not showing before the list starts to refresh, if you just reopened the server listing. Trivial? Yes. Confusing? Yes. Works when you click "Why?"? Yes. Should be fixed? Of course!
~ Pre-initialized Mac build can't read zip files, so you have to unpack the files to use them, or else no playable levels, and CRC error on login.
~ I apparently had a ghost server on the list after hitting cancel before I finished loading/starting the server.
~ I have to open the server, to where anyone can join, before I can set any server access settings. Propose an "Open/Publish Server" button?
~ "Keep Resolution?" message loses newline after the bold text, after the first "tick". (Options Pane)
~ Shift-backspace counts as an "invisible" key, and gets in the way of deletion, grr.
~ When connecting to my server: "Client Marble BlastKid failed validation. They may not be who they say they are!" (in console) When it clearly is. Should get log.
~ Port forwarding indication eternally says "Checking..." Also should get log.
~ When in Multiplayer, the private chat initially starts with the head of the chat, until someone chats in the private server chat.
~ In MP, some light beams weren't funny rendered. I have a picture because the game promptly froze shortly afterwards.
~ The game can periodically freeze.I froze twice, both while on MP. First I froze, then the music stopped a second later, then I was locked up. However, on the second try, the game looped the rolling sound, while it was hanged. It was evidently unresponsive, as it only gave me the option to force quit. (as opposed to the "quit" option)

Will probably stop here for now, hopefully.
Last edit: 29 Mar 2014 23:40 by ProMarbler. Reason: why you do this to me

• CheepFishMBP
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Experienced Marbler
29 Mar 2014 21:02 #90
When viewing my profile in MBP online, my signature doesn't appear, unlike in marbleblast.com.

[IMG

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 1.188 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.