Reply: PQ crash on startup

NOTE: You are posting the message as a 'Guest', you can not edit the message or delete it
Please Log in or Register to skip this step.

reCaptcha

X

Topic History of: PQ crash on startup

Max. showing the last 20 posts - (Last post first)

• periwinkl
03 Apr 2024 04:21

Thank you for your response. I believe that the latest update of PQ, what I believe is 2.9.2, was working previously for me without problems on Windows 11. It may have also been the update just before that, presumably 2.9.1. From what I recall, I came back to the game after seeing that the Marble Blast website was down, and that is when I began to experience the crashing.

• RandomityGuy
03 Apr 2024 03:43

This is a known bug which has been prevalent for a long while. It only occurs if you're running on Windows 11, so the only choice you have to fix this is to downgrade to Windows 10. Additionally you can let us know what the last working version of PlatinumQuest for you was so we can gain insights on the cause of this crash and ultimately get closer to fixing it.

• periwinkl
03 Apr 2024 00:59

I am currently having an issue with all forms of the PlatinumQuest launcher, where it will open PQ and reach 100% on the "Loading Levels" bar, but crash immediately afterwards.

I have attempted to run PQ offline, alter preferences in the mbpPrefs.cs file, and change graphics settings to integrated, but nothing appears to fix this issue.

Exchanging the client folder of a fresh PQ install with my old client folder from my previous installation causes the game to hang at this same point instead of crashing, but does not progress any further than this.

Any other possible solutions that are available?

Time to create page: 0.597 seconds