• New Marbler
  • Thank you received: 0
07 May 2017 18:25 #1
Hey, guys. I'm kind of new to this forum, and I am just curious how I:

A: Download other peoples' custom levels
B: Upload my own custom levels for others to play
C: Add icons to my custom levels
D: Add moving platforms to the custom levels I create

If my questions could be answered, that would be nice. Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Kalle29
  • I blame ping for losing
  • Thank you received: 754
07 May 2017 19:19 #2
A: You can download the Custom Levels Archive or go to the custom levels subforum and check out individual level builders' threads.

B: A great way to start is to make your own level thread like in the link above and upload your levels to a file-sharing site so community members can download the levels you upload.

C: Icons? Not sure what you mean by that. If you mean a level image, just include an image file into the mission folder and name it the same as the level it belongs to; so if you want a picture for level5.mis you need to name the image level5.png.

D: The best guide for making MPs that I know of.

༼ ͡◕ ͜ ʖ ͡◕༽ You have been visited by the Nivea™ Donger of moisture. Soft skin and good fortune will come to you, but only if you post "thank you Mr. Skeltal" in this thread ༼ ͡◕ ͜ ʖ ͡◕༽

• HiGuy
  • Lead Developer
  • Lead Developer
  • PQ Developer Emeritus
  • Thank you received: 604
07 May 2017 19:54 #3
If you want to create an icon for your custom level (I assume you mean the preview icon in the level select) there are two ways to do it:

- Pressing Ctrl+L will create a preview icon directly from the current camera perspective.
- Pressing Ctrl+P (or print screen for Windows / Cmd+Shift+4 for Mac) will take a screenshot of the entire game window, which you can scale down and edit for your preview icon. Place in the same directory as your mis file, named the same (see kalle29's post).

This signature is real code
Code:
function clientcmd12dothepq() { commandToClient(LocalClientConnection, '34onthedancefloor'); }

• LordoftheMarbles
  • LordoftheMarbles's Avatar Topic Author
  • New Marbler
  • New Marbler
24 May 2017 15:44 #4
I don't think the instructions for the icon are working. I tried Control+P and it did nothing. I did Win+alt+Print screen and it still did nothing

• Thank you received: 198
25 May 2017 12:51 - 25 May 2017 12:52 #5
I think it's "level picture", not "level icons". Either works though.

So what you have to do is to make the GUI disappear (the timer, the gem counter, and the powerup box).

- To do that, press the Y key while in a level. If that doesn't work, go into Level Editing mode by entering "$testcheats=1;" (without quotes) and then play your level.
- Or press the More.. button at the bottom of the Level Select menu and press the button with a crane as its icon, and then press Y in your level.

- Then after you've pressed the Y key, go into Fly mode by pressing the F8 key or the F7 key, and then press Ctrl + L. Then use the WASD keys to control the flying movements.
- If you used the Level Editing step, you can go into Level Editing mode by pressing F11, and then press Drop Camera in one of the drop-down menus at the top (I forgot where it was, sorry!).

Hope this has cleared your problem!

lee is awesome
Last edit: 25 May 2017 12:52 by Lee.

• LordoftheMarbles
  • New Marbler
  • New Marbler
28 May 2017 16:55 #6
I tried taking a screen capture in the ways you said, but nothing works. How do I take a screen capture?

• Ralph
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Matan's Fervent Fan
  • Thank you received: 136
29 May 2017 10:17 #7
When you access platinum/data/, do you have a folder called "screenshots"? If not, that explains it. Create one, and go try taking screenshots again using Ctrl P.
Alternatively, you can use Ctrl-L to directly take a screenshot that will be visible in the level selection menu, but note that if your level didn't have a screenshot, you must reload the game in order to see it, and if the level already had a screenshot, it will simply replace it.

Hope it helps. :)

You forget a thousand things everyday. Make sure Marble Blast isn't one of 'em.
Instagram : ralphfrommb

• LordoftheMarbles
  • New Marbler
  • New Marbler
31 May 2017 14:16 #8
Great! Now I have four custom levels ready for shipment! I just need to know how to upload them and they will be up there!

• Weather
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • Thank you received: 262
31 May 2017 14:52 #9
You can upload your levels to the appropriate section here or upload them to a file sharing site like Mega (just don't use mediafire please please please) . Then make one thread here for announcing/previewing your levels, with download links.
The following user(s) said Thank You: HiGuy

• nedison
  • Novice Marbler
  • Novice Marbler
  • professional musician
  • Thank you received: 4
17 Jan 2018 08:27 #10
Hey friends,

As a clarification for myself and anyone else who is reading this, the file we want to upload is ONLY the .mis file correct? (+the picture file) Not any of the various .mis.tmp files? I see other people including links in their posts and am wondering if that would be a better way, as when I uploaded my .mis file just now and tried to open it, it just spat out a bunch of java...

Thanks!

Ned

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 0.844 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.