file I don't enjoy coming here that much. Here's why:

• Jiquor
  • Jiquor's Avatar Topic Author
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • STOPX Creator
  • Thank you received: 155
02 Oct 2017 06:13 #1
Before I start posting, I'm going to go ahead and say that I'll be posting on the Marble Blast STOP II Forum every couple of weeks (maximum a month before I post anything), and I'll still be working on the game and working with some people that I've met here.

Hmmm, it seems 95% of every time I log into the website and begin posting, I experience and feel that people have the need to defend themselves whenever I post whatever. I log in about once every two months to post my opinion or attempt to post something and members of the community start getting all defensive from my personal view. People can respond and say that they aren't being defensive and tell me something completely different which is probably what will happen once this is posted.
In the past (and sometimes it still happens), people seem to be unreasonably unfriendly with me and I don't understand why. I feel I can't post anything without someone wanting to bash what I posted (from what it feels like), and defend themselves and humiliate me.

Furthermore, I'm also going to be permanently leaving the Discord Server.

STOPX Creator. Getting better by every release.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Nockess
  • Respected Marbler
  • Respected Marbler
  • Cheater Supreme
  • Thank you received: 786
02 Oct 2017 07:14 - 02 Oct 2017 14:36 #2
I think I can pick out a piece of the problem here. The quote here is from your second post in Xedron's farewell thread.

Jiquor wrote:

hPerks wrote: @Jiquor: there's no need to "take sides" here. Xeef isn't making blanket statements about the game saying it's unfair, he's just describing how he feels at the moment.

you know I'm just siding with him about the whole frustration about speedrunning and the stress of people always competing with you, i express some unfairness in speedrunning. not saying he did. i'm siding with him on his opinions about speedrunning & how he feels right now. yes, some aspects of speedrunning do take a lot of skill, strategy and patience to achieve it, and i can see why it could result as "unfair" and/or "frustrating" to some people

Forgive me if I'm completely misunderstanding your comment. I don't see anything unfair with speedrunning. Skill, strategy, and patience are something one legitimately builds overtime. Even something like a traplaunch isn't entirely unfair in my opinion. It's majorly luck based, it was not indended to be a thing by any of the developers of Marble Blast, but one doesn't go out of their way and change the game to pull off a traplaunch unlike putting testcheats=1; into the console so one can use the editor to place their marble on a more ideal part of the level.

Okay. With that said, I'll move on to my main point.

One of the issues I'm seeing here is that there's some miscommunication between you (@Jiquor) and several other people (I'm going to call these people Group A and treat them as a singular person) about what's though of as harsh and attacking and what's not. I assume that every post coming from Group A and Jiquor that are directed towards each other are not meant to be harsh or an attack to the other but each one is getting the opposite message from the other. So then the most recent poster gets scolded or lashed out at (whatever you'd like to call it) by the other and then things get ugly.

@hPerks, I don't really think Jiquor was exactly taking a side rather than simply agreeing with the statement that Xedron made saying how he doesn't enjoy playing levels with a large amount of stress. His phrasing was probably just not clear enough.

Taking the combination of misunderstanding the tone of one's post and mediocre phrasing (along with some other details), this is my guess on why you (Jiquor) feel attacked frequently. I know you pointed this out earlier, but none of us have joined a club that lives off of sending you nasty replies to your posts. We're not going to say anything rude or unfair without a good reason.
I also must confess that I get a lot of satisfaction from writing (reasonably) long posts like this one mainly because shutting down someone with several opinions, facts, and reasons is enjoyable. So your whole comment about people not avoiding the chance to humiliate you might actually have some part. hopefully you know that I'm not trying to offend you.
(I honestly wouldn't be surprised if there are other people who generally feel the same way. If there aren't any other people like this, then I've probably just been living under a rock for all of the 16 (minus a month and a half) years I've been alive and I've never found out.)

Call me Chris!

Discord: Nockess#4107
YouTube: www.youtube.com/Nockess
Custom Levels: marbleland.vaniverse.io/profile/5
Last edit: 02 Oct 2017 14:36 by Nockess.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ralph, CylinderKnot

• RDs.The-dts-guy
  • Developer
  • Developer
  • Blender pls
  • Thank you received: 188
02 Oct 2017 14:39 - 02 Oct 2017 14:44 #3
I have zero opinions on anything here however you remind of how my first week on forums was like.
Andy got pretty mad about this one post that he misinterpreted. I thought everyone was mad on me. Turns out nope, nothing, all my imagination of everyone going against me was lies made by myself. I understand how you feel, Ive been there and I can tell you. After all these years you have to learn how to have fun and how to forget little things.
This is taken from THIS thread. Best thing Ive ever written.

Do whatever you must Jiquor, honestly I would like to have here on forums, your ambitions and willpower is something that this community needs and you are getting better every time I see you post a level on MBS. But if you want to go it's up to you. It's sad people leaving forums and we will miss you too.

Some guy that does DTS shapes and levels.

AWESOME time HINT : When making PQ level place your custom interiors and textures in platinum/data/interiors_pq/custom
makes life easier for you and everyone else :)
Last edit: 02 Oct 2017 14:44 by RDs.The-dts-guy. Reason: Because it's so easy to misunderstand bad joke of saying ''onions'' instead of ''opinions'' and Rozi proved that.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nockess

• Eguy
  • Expert Marbler
  • Expert Marbler
  • Booper Supreme
  • Thank you received: 208
02 Oct 2017 17:05 - 02 Oct 2017 17:07 #4
^^^^^^^^^^^^Absolutely agree with what RD's has said. I'd back it up by thanking his post but I agree so much that I'm making a post of my own. Don't overanalyze or take deeply to heart any sort of misunderstanding, harsh criticism, or even slightly negative interaction. The more you do so, the more you perceive this community as negative. I think if you spent more time around here (particularly on the leaderboards or discord) you'd find out that for every person that may direct something harsh at you, there are probably tons more who are welcoming and will hear out your problems (if you feel that's not happening already). I joined this community and it was one of the most welcoming places ever, and I'm really sorry your perception hasn't been the same. But if you take initiative and follow RD's advice I think you will perceive the same thing. After all, the personnel hasn't changed vastly since I've been here, and I joined in May 2014. Also, no offense but negatively replying to Xedron's farewell post with your own issue is a way to make people defensive, and I think it was a good move to make your own post here.

All the best,
~Eguy

"it's the internet eguy. where children are men. men are monkeys, and women are PQ."
-Jeff 2014
Last edit: 02 Oct 2017 17:07 by Eguy.

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 0.792 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.