• Jeff
  • Jeff's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Marbler
  • Elite Marbler
  • PlatinumQuest Programmer
  • Thank you received: 205
15 Oct 2013 02:31 #1
What is with people and wikis.

Wikis usually are wrong, biased, and not factual based. They can be edited by anyone. I for one, appreciate that Andrew Sears has the Marble Blast Timeline because for one its reliable and two nobody but him and the marbleblast.com staff can edit it.

I am a programmer. Most here know me for being one of the major contributors to Marble Blast Platinum and PlatinumQuest.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 2
15 Oct 2013 02:48 #2
The real problem is that wikis like this aren't managed and moderated well enough to produce anything useful. Wikis do have a lot of potential for good uses, but often in areas like this they turn out to be rather underwhelming, incomplete, and generally useless.

• Thank you received: 57
15 Oct 2013 04:02 #3
Why does marble blast need a wiki again?

• Sefaroooooooooo
  • Beginner Marbler
  • Beginner Marbler
  • Thank you received: 20
20 Oct 2013 00:41 #4
If marble blast doesn't need a wiki then why are you trying to host one?

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
  • Thank you received: 912
20 Oct 2013 00:55 #5
Because adding wrong information without spending a minute of our lives into research that would yield actual facts and results is fun.

For example, PQ is really MB Super, which was was developed by Luke Skywalker (he did the coding), graphics by Tech Geek and music by Robot Marble. However I do admit I could be wrong and the coding is by Robot Marble and the music by Luke. An example image can be seen in the MBP wiki page (which is like the most relevant image to MBP there is) but it was probably stolen by that wuss of a man, Matan, who always steals all the awesome things from Robot Marble.

"matan, now i get what you meant a few years back when you said that "the level in mbg is beyond me" after the last rampage i noticed things were insane, and now i truly feel that too" - Dushine, 2015.

• Jeff
  • Jeff's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Marbler
  • Elite Marbler
  • PlatinumQuest Programmer
  • Thank you received: 205
20 Oct 2013 02:41 #6
Matan, that should be post of the year.

I am a programmer. Most here know me for being one of the major contributors to Marble Blast Platinum and PlatinumQuest.

• Sefaroooooooooo
  • Beginner Marbler
  • Beginner Marbler
  • Thank you received: 20
20 Oct 2013 03:46 #7
That post gave me all the answers.

• RandomityGuy
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • This entire place is bruh
  • Thank you received: 61
02 Nov 2013 07:06 #8
Edward Nigma's wiki contains more than 100 pages,do we need another wiki?One wiki is enough,how does one find so much information?Mvossman will copy paste from another wiki.

Github:
github.com/RandomityGuy
Feel free to support me at ko-fi.com/randomityguy

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
02 Nov 2013 13:12 #9
Once again, we don't need a wiki. Links to resources and helpful tips and tricks? Maybe. But we don't need a wiki, especially one not hosted by anything MB-affiliated.

Additionally, wikis that copy-paste from one another shows absolutely no originality or effort. Games like Minecraft with many complicated features deserve wikis. Games like Marble Blast which is mostly scripted and not super-feature-packed, just don't. And 100 pages doesn't say much. They could all be user pages saying how much it sucks, and the rest have no relevance whatsoever.

If you want to prove otherwise, you can post an example from the wiki. But I'd really doubt it would be good.

Finally, before dedicating yourself to such wikis, at least wait for 1.50 & the new website to come out. Really, I'm quite sure they have something like a wiki also.

"matan, now i get what you meant a few years back when you said that "the level in mbg is beyond me" after the last rampage i noticed things were insane, and now i truly feel that too" - Dushine, 2015.

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
02 Nov 2013 14:00 #10
I agree with ProMarbler. Quite frankly while Marble Blast can have a nice wiki, there is a point where it goes from between useful and bloated. Looking at the current wikia I can see tons of information which is completely wrong, useless or irrelevant. Such information is bad especially if you decide that yourself without actually asking the developers to begin with.

An excellent example:

Quote:The Marble Blast Forums are planned to be redone and released in November 2013, linking one's account with their PhilsEmpire account for MBP Online, and also MBP 1.50 will be released around that date.

The date is completely wrong, we did not announce a specific month. We are not saying just the forums, but an entire WEBSITE. The PhilsEmpire accounts will be defunct and 1.50 is not guaranteed for launch.

That comes directly from someone on the development team and that is how you get proper information for such cases.

More stupid examples:
CLA page - Platinum's Levels is incorrect, because it makes one think MBP levels are in it. It also says things it includes but honestly it's all useless. I'm not sure why such page exists without giving proper information as to why the CLA was created, the naming scheme (see, there is something behind the Platinum) and things in it.
Beach Party - There's a page on the soundtrack of the game. That is like. Mind = Blown.
IsraeliRD - No words. Ugh.
InstantAction - Now called eBrainyGames made me laugh so hard.
PlatinumQuest - The amount of useful information in there is lower than the IQ of Luke and that's saying something.
Stones - Makes one think they were created for MBG/P when in fact it is just some custom content someone made and no one even knew of it. No one even explains that page properly.
Xelna - His muscles make him uber powerful ya. impossible to beat is wrong. 85% of WR Rampage is wrong too.
MBP Online - main feature? Hello, this thing has been since 1.10 as a main feature. The best contradiction is that it then goes to say that you must log in with your Phil'sEmpire account. How can you log in as PhilsEmpire account if it only comes in 1.50 (and PhilsEmpire isn't used for 1.50+)? In addition the cross-platform thing is absolutely wrong. Clearly no one does their research anymore.

Man I had too much fun laughing at the terrible content here. There is way more but these are just a few select golden pieces.

Edit: showing pascal his own wiki page.

• Thank you received: 2
02 Nov 2013 18:17 #11
It's almost as if this wiki is a parody to a non-existent completely-accurate-and-reliable mb wiki. Sort of like Uncyclopedia to Wikipedia.

• RandomityGuy
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • This entire place is bruh
  • Thank you received: 61
03 Nov 2013 08:13 #12
Most of the people want all the badges,which is wastage of ⌚️.(some users see a square after wastage but it means wastage of time)

Github:
github.com/RandomityGuy
Feel free to support me at ko-fi.com/randomityguy

• HiGuy
  • Lead Developer
  • Lead Developer
  • PQ Developer Emeritus
  • Thank you received: 604
03 Nov 2013 23:46 #13
At least Mvossman's wiki has the game's name spelled correctly.

This signature is real code
Code:
function clientcmd12dothepq() { commandToClient(LocalClientConnection, '34onthedancefloor'); }

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 0.947 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.