file Studies

• Kalle29
  • Kalle29's Avatar Topic Author
  • I blame ping for losing
More
25 Apr 2017 01:07 #1 by Kalle29
Studies was created by Kalle29
So, what are you all studying? Feels like the community is very Computer science heavy. If you aren't at a university level yet, what do you want to/plan on studying?

I can start myself by saying that what I study is related to language.

༼ ͡◕ ͜ ʖ ͡◕༽ You have been visited by the Nivea™ Donger of moisture. Soft skin and good fortune will come to you, but only if you post "thank you Mr. Skeltal" in this thread ༼ ͡◕ ͜ ʖ ͡◕༽
The following user(s) said Thank You: NF

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Weather
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
More
25 Apr 2017 01:23 #2 by Weather
Replied by Weather on topic Studies
Computer graphics and programming mainly, but also linguistics (which is why my Discord role is "voiceless velar plosvie" — it means the "k" sound :​P) .

• eblu
  • Intermediate Marbler
  • Intermediate Marbler
  • (formerly eboyblue3)
More
25 Apr 2017 01:31 #3 by eblu
Replied by eblu on topic Studies
kalle guessed right, i'm pursuing a computer science degree. i'm currently taking AP computer science which is a college-level class (i'm in 10th grade!) according to my teacher.

i'm also thinking about exploring some fields in the arts as a hobby.

IsraeliRD wrote: The...

come discord brah: eblu#8048

• RDs.The-dts-guy
  • Developer
  • Developer
  • Blender pls
More
25 Apr 2017 06:34 #4 by RDs.The-dts-guy
Replied by RDs.The-dts-guy on topic Studies
Electronics and telecommunications aka how to make/fix circuits boards and make your own electronics. +off class trying to learn programming c and arduino for integrated circuits.
Nothing much but it isn't directly computer science and is 40% physical labor and tinkering which is what I wanted in first place. :)

Some guy that does DTS shapes and levels.

AWESOME time HINT : When making PQ level place your custom interiors and textures in platinum/data/interiors_pq/custom
makes life easier for you and everyone else :)

More
25 Apr 2017 11:39 #5 by Lee
Replied by Lee on topic Studies
I'm not really studying a certain thing right now, but I am going to study architecture, as in I want to be an architect (don't know if there's a topic in which they study).

I am focusing hard on Science, English, and Maths class so I can get into the special classes (Physics, Biology, and another class that I forgot.), which the requirements are not failing at those classes, and get at least 70 marks for the year's result. I know, it sounds a bit confusing.

Wish me luck though! ^u^

lee is awesome

• J@ckRB
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • *some self-degrading humour*
More
25 Apr 2017 12:50 #6 by J@ckRB
Replied by J@ckRB on topic Studies
Studying Mathematics at uni right now, only 1st year so far so unsure on where to take it (i.e. towards more pure or applied).

"funny quote" - funny person 2016 part 2 electric boogaloo

More
25 Apr 2017 14:00 #7 by NF
Replied by NF on topic Studies
I'm still in high school and I'm not certain but I'm planning to do something with mathematics and I definitely want to keep music in my life so maybe I'll study that as well. Chemistry is interesting too.

• Eguy
  • Expert Marbler
  • Expert Marbler
  • Booper Supreme
More
25 Apr 2017 16:06 #8 by Eguy
Replied by Eguy on topic Studies
ATM my future is pretty unclear but I'm thinking ahead to something to do with mathematics and music. Some of you may not know this but I've been really into math for a long time and some of the typical 8th-grade and 9th grade work on math is not quite right for me, which is one reason why I go to a school with a lot of one-on-one classes so i can learn at my own pace. But other than that I'm still putting lots of thought into developing my music composition skills and I really like chamber music a lot so that's another possible path for me. We'll see how things end up eventually :P

"it's the internet eguy. where children are men. men are monkeys, and women are PQ."
-Jeff 2014

• Frostfire
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Multiplayer Mastery
More
25 Apr 2017 16:42 #9 by Frostfire
Replied by Frostfire on topic Studies
As far as my highschool subjects go, I'm most interested in composition (mainly persuasive). I am also taking math (ofc), advanced formal logic, and latin this year; next year I'll be adding chemistry and probably literature. More through recreation than anything else I also have learned a lot of geography and some ancient history, plus basic modern history.

I am uncertain as to what I will do in the future but basically I plan to take whatever will lead me to a job with the best balance between least time spent, enjoying what I do, and high income... hence I have no one job picked out but a few that have occurred to me include an actuary and a dentist.

In conclusion, I don't really have any particular fields I'm interested in over the others, unless you count writing, but that's more of a hobby than a job unless I can put together the next harry potter...

More
25 Apr 2017 16:47 #10 by Marson
Replied by Marson on topic Studies
I want to be a statistician.

I really, really like spreadsheets.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Frostfire

More
25 Apr 2017 20:41 #11 by Evokrypt
Replied by Evokrypt on topic Studies
Wow, everyone is doing such interesting/varied things! Language and architecture are definitely within my interests, but I wouldn't be thinking about those for a while. I'm very interested in Italian & German, and am currently crafting a (fictional) language of my own.

At the moment, I'm studying Music, Maths and Music Technology at music school (Year 13/12th grade), and will carry on studying Music at a conservatoire (RNCM) from this September. Music all the way :) :)

SoundCloud page here:

More
29 Apr 2017 23:18 #12 by Trace
Replied by Trace on topic Studies
I study Video Game Art + Design. Hopefully should be done by the end of the year, possible job options near me would be EA/The Coalition or a mobile studio probably.

• NaCl586
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • An Ordinary Marble Blaster
More
30 Apr 2017 14:02 #13 by NaCl586
Replied by NaCl586 on topic Studies
Maybe I'm the anti-mainstream here.

At this moment, I'm studying food technology with life sciences as the base (meaning that there's a heavy biology impact), currently at the second semester. I also have a great interest in pure chemistry, especially organic chemistry synthesis, as the side learning and hobby besides the major learned in college.

I'm just an ordinary marble blaster who like to create new and unusual things.

Creator of the Marble Blast GLC series
Check out and download my custom levels here .
Check out my original musics in this thread and in my soundcloud here .

More
30 Apr 2017 20:53 #14 by Kwill
Replied by Kwill on topic Studies
Exercise kinesiology major, planning on going into the medical field.

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 0.985 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.