If you're announcing a release, please start your topic with [COMING SOON] or [RELEASE]

file Other (Marble Blast-like) Speedrunning Games?

• Nockess
  • Nockess's Avatar Topic Author
  • Respected Marbler
  • Respected Marbler
  • Cheater Supreme
  • Thank you received: 786
06 May 2017 06:07 - 06 May 2017 06:10 #1
I've had a thing for speedrunning games similar to Marble Blast for a while now but unfortunately I've never found anything that has really stuck with me.

Over the past year or so, I've been looking around at what I could try out. I haven't found a lot of different games in the past that I'd like to keep playing for a while because of a couple reasons. One of these reasons is that it seems a little tricky to make fun and interesting games, or maybe just levels, to play in terms of seeing how fast you can go through the entire thing.

One of the games I just recently found through an advertisement on Facebook is Gyrosphere Trials which is surprisingly (to me) for mobile devices. A few minutes ago, I just uploaded a video that is a Gyrosphere Trials version of any old Marble Blast video that you'll see on my channel, or any other channel for that matter. I went through several levels as fast as I could. Here is my wonderful video.

I've also found two other games which I may or may not start playing again. One is Polyball which I found through Death Pony's channel, and the other one is decently well known throughout the modern community which goes by the name of Geoid. I stopped playing Polyball because I couldn't resist going for the top time on the leaderboards for the very first level, and I stopped playing Geoid because the huge change in the physics was hard to deal with and I just wanted to keep playing Marble Blast.

So at this point in time, I am currently in a state where I want to apply my search and destroy skills to speedrunning games similar to Marble Blast. Any suggestions?

Call me Chris!

Discord: Nockess#4107
YouTube: www.youtube.com/Nockess
Custom Levels: marbleland.vaniverse.io/profile/5
Last edit: 06 May 2017 06:10 by Nockess.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Jiquor
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • STOPX Creator
  • Thank you received: 155
06 May 2017 06:43 #2
The only weird ones I can think of are Geoid (which you've mentioned), and (might not be your style), "Neverball".
I'll do more research and edit this post as I find new options.

Have you been receiving my messages?

STOPX Creator. Getting better by every release.

• Thank you received: 57
06 May 2017 17:58 #3
If you don't mind complete garbage, look up Marble Void on steam.

• PacPlayer
  • Intermediate Marbler
  • Intermediate Marbler
  • Game Dev. for MB1/MBUn
  • Thank you received: 13
06 May 2017 18:36 #4
Some good ones I know are, Marble Madness (Online Emulator), Rolling Madness (Marble Madness remade in 3D), and Marble Park (IOS). Idk if these are good for speedrunning, but they are fun :)

• RDs.The-dts-guy
  • Developer
  • Developer
  • Blender pls
  • Thank you received: 188
06 May 2017 20:51 #5
For reference there was also Marble Arcadia which never got past the demo (however based on dev updates there seemed to be complete game pretty much finished. Closest to MB physics ive seen (without bounce bug).

Some guy that does DTS shapes and levels.

AWESOME time HINT : When making PQ level place your custom interiors and textures in platinum/data/interiors_pq/custom
makes life easier for you and everyone else :)

• Kalle29
  • I blame ping for losing
  • Thank you received: 754
07 May 2017 08:44 #6
Super Monkey Ball

༼ ͡◕ ͜ ʖ ͡◕༽ You have been visited by the Nivea™ Donger of moisture. Soft skin and good fortune will come to you, but only if you post "thank you Mr. Skeltal" in this thread ༼ ͡◕ ͜ ʖ ͡◕༽
The following user(s) said Thank You: Evokrypt, CylinderKnot

• Ralph
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Matan's Fervent Fan
  • Thank you received: 136
07 May 2017 13:05 #7
Neverball is fun but WAY too hard to play! The gameplay mastering is absolute pain!

You forget a thousand things everyday. Make sure Marble Blast isn't one of 'em.
Instagram : ralphfrommb

• Thank you received: 198
07 May 2017 13:36 #8
What about this game?

It's for mobile though.

lee is awesome

• Ralph
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Matan's Fervent Fan
  • Thank you received: 136
08 May 2017 08:16 #9

Lee wrote: What about this game?

It's for mobile though.

I know this game, I just downloaded it recently on my tablet. Looks pretty cool.

You forget a thousand things everyday. Make sure Marble Blast isn't one of 'em.
Instagram : ralphfrommb

• Thank you received: 146
08 May 2017 16:16 #10
Hamsterball is pretty fun too. The downside is that it doesn't have many levels and you might get bored of it fast.

:>

• Frostfire
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Multiplayer Mastery
  • Thank you received: 447
08 May 2017 16:48 #11
im gonna agree that hamsterball is awesome.

There's an ancient game named Switchball which was fun, idk if you can even get it anymore.

and shamelessly advertise this which is DEFINITELY a speedrunning game, i swear... tagpro.koalabeast.com/

• LegoCreator768
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Always on technology
  • Thank you received: 19
01 Jun 2017 20:39 #12
I have had Switchball's CD-ROM for a very long time. In fact, I still sometimes play it on my Windows 10 Computer! It took me forever to figure out how to get it to work. Thing is, the game only recognizes a version of Ageia PhysX. So you have to uninstall any other version you may have on your PC and install the one that comes on the disc. I really like Switchball, and it looks beautiful on max graphics!

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 1.054 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.