• Intermediate Marbler
  • Intermediate Marbler
  • Back as of June 2018.
  • Thank you received: 17
21 May 2017 01:57 #1
Hello fellow Marblers.
Today is the day.
I'm leaving this community.
I've posted a lot of fake quit messages, but this one is 100% real.
In early 2016, I really lost a lot of enjoyment in playing Marble Blast. I have autism, and I used to rage a lot when I killed a super-good run (missed the last gem or finish pad, someone interrupts me, etc.) and my rage, 95% of time, escalated into a full blown FIGHT (punching, kicking) with my parents or whoever is around me. I even broke my dad's rib over this game in one of those fights. Every time I try to play MB now, I don't find it fun. I don't think I will be coming back anytime soon, but who knows what the future holds. I just MIGHT. Maybe if I come back, PQ will be out? I especially thank Xedron, Nature Freak, Endy, HiGuy, and Threefolder, but every one of you made an influence on my experience with this game.

As a parting gift to all of you, I will share with you everything about me / an FAQ section.
I was tight-lipped on some of these things, but now I feel comfortable sharing them.

Q: What is your real name?
A: Ryan.

Q: Where do you live?
A: Colorado Springs, Colorado.

Q: How old are you?
A: 14. (I turned 13 before the new TOS)

Q: What is your main interest?
A: Gaming.

Q: What grade in school are you in?
A: 9th. Freshman in high school.

Q: What is your best friend's name?
A: Maddie.

Q: Do you like everyone?
A: Yes. I love all of you. <3

At least for now...
:(
This is the end. I quit.
I will miss you all. Goodbye.

-I'm Not All That Good

I'm just a 15 year old who's been playing MB for over a decade and can be annoying at times.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• HiGuy
  • Lead Developer
  • Lead Developer
  • PQ Developer Emeritus
  • Thank you received: 604
21 May 2017 04:53 #2
Good luck with your future endeavors; glad to hear we could give you something fun to play (even if it was aggravating at times).

This signature is real code
Code:
function clientcmd12dothepq() { commandToClient(LocalClientConnection, '34onthedancefloor'); }

• RDs.The-dts-guy
  • Developer
  • Developer
  • Blender pls
  • Thank you received: 188
21 May 2017 18:53 #3

As a simple man I'm gonna quote this: History repeats itself. Many people have tried to quit this way and they never had. Everyone who have said they will never did and came back weeks/months later. Only people that actually left where the ones that quit with no trace and almost no message to anyone on forums (Marblefire Oaky Phil + couple of others). I had played around the idea of leaving forums for years due to other endeavors but still ended up slingshoting myself back here. Same has happened to other people. Ether way I wish you best of luck and if you really want to move on with your life then do it and never look back. That applies to anything you will have to quit in life (eaka any addiction or bad habit that you want to get rid of if your life). This forums is great but at the same time it can be huge time waster if you have huge goals in your life. Have fun! :)

Some guy that does DTS shapes and levels.

AWESOME time HINT : When making PQ level place your custom interiors and textures in platinum/data/interiors_pq/custom
makes life easier for you and everyone else :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Aayrl, Frostfire, NF, Nockess, Weather, CylinderKnot

• Thank you received: 368
24 May 2017 03:09 - 24 May 2017 03:09 #4
As brilliant as RDs' post was, I think the Eagles did a much better job of summing up the Marble Blast community:

You can check out any time you like,
But you can never leave!

Good luck in your future endeavors! Chances are, some of us will still be here should you choose to return.

~Aayrl
Last edit: 24 May 2017 03:09 by Aayrl.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nockess, Evokrypt

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 0.730 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.