This board contains threads from which new levels can be downloaded.

Each level creator is to have one thread where he posts all information pertaining to his levels.

Any other or extra threads will be deleted.

file Mkbul's Level Workshop: Construction Ascent

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
More
17 Jan 2011 02:05 #211 by IsraeliRD
Replied by IsraeliRD on topic Mkbul's Level Workshop: Construction Ascent
LOL. I hope you understood the above post is a joke.

Any capture software (fraps, vlc player, camtasia, hypercam etc.) is heavy on computer resources. It needs large amount of free disc space as well as a good CPU and high amounts of RAM. Having a strong GPU is also required. That is because these software capture data in raw image (think of taking a screenshot as bmp, and then imagine taking 64 screenshots for 1 second.. yeah, that's the kind of huge).

Because of this, no matter which software you'll use, you'll always have this lag.
A few methods to reduce lag:
- Set the software capture program to a lower captured FPS (e.g. instead of 60, do 30)
- Free up as much of the RAM as you can by closing other programs before using it
- Do not play MB with shadows on
- Play on lower resolution (so instead of 1280x720, you play on 800x600)
- Check which is superior: OpenGL or Direct3D (as one of the options will cause more lag than the other)
- Play on 16-bit instead of 32-bit

And that's about it afaik. If it still lags, then its your computer and you need a better one.

"matan, now i get what you meant a few years back when you said that "the level in mbg is beyond me" after the last rampage i noticed things were insane, and now i truly feel that too" - Dushine, 2015.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• randslider
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Experienced Marbler
More
26 Jan 2011 03:32 #212 by randslider
Replied by randslider on topic Mkbul's Level Workshop: Construction Ascent
Lags gone now. But when I watch the video in windows media player, the sounds all out of sync and is in slower motion.
EDIT: On youtube it's fine.

• RDs.The-dts-guy
  • Developer
  • Developer
  • Blender pls
More
26 Jan 2011 12:30 #213 by RDs.The-dts-guy
Replied by RDs.The-dts-guy on topic Mkbul's Level Workshop: Construction Ascent
Jan 25, 2011, 7:32pm, randslider123 wrote:Lags gone now. But when I watch the video in windows media player, the sounds all out of sync and is in slower motion.
EDIT: On youtube it's fine.
Video that you recorded is in high quality. Most video players like WMP E.M Total video player VLC and few others cant pull H.D vids. Only player from my player colection that worked was Media Player Classic homecinemma. Here is example watch this vid
In my pc it took over 150 mb and WMP was horbly lagging same was for E.M but MP classic worked perfectly. So it depends on many things like Ram and player that you are using.

WMP-windows media player
MP classic-Media player classic
E.M -E.M total video player

Some guy that does DTS shapes and levels.

AWESOME time HINT : When making PQ level place your custom interiors and textures in platinum/data/interiors_pq/custom
makes life easier for you and everyone else :)

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 0.819 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.