This board contains threads from which new levels can be downloaded.

Each level creator is to have one thread where he posts all information pertaining to his levels.

Any other or extra threads will be deleted.

file Mr. E and Technostar's Levels (26 Levels)

• Mr._E.
  • Mr._E.'s Avatar Topic Author
  • Beginner Marbler
  • Beginner Marbler
  • Thank you received: 0
03 Apr 2011 01:35 #1
This is our first level - made by Technostar. Please let us know what you think.
Download Here!
Edit: This isn't our first level that we made. It is just the first we put up for download.

Here is another level by Technostar. This level was made with his first Constructor interior.
Download Here!

Here is my first level made when Technostar was teaching me how to use Constructor. It is pretty simple, but Technostar says it is original.
Download Here!

Here is a level pack made by Technostar called The Color Fold Pack. It has 4 levels.

Download Here!

Here is another level pack by Technostar. This one is his Short Race Pack. It has 2 levels.

Download Here!

Technostar's Birthday Cake

Download Here!

Technostar's new level this week is called The Twist of Simplicity.
Download Here!

Here is the DA Building Pack by Technostar. It was inspired by Kurt's levels. They were made using the level editor.

Download Here!

Also here is Technostar's House (not his real house, I might add). It was also made in the level editor.

Download Here!

5/21/11 - Technostar has two new levels this week. The first is Final Speedrun.

Download Here!

The second is called Gem Hunter.

Download Here!

Technostar has created a MBG level called skill castle.

Download Here!

After a long break from making levels, Technostar is back with a new one. It is called Olympus.
Download Here!

Technostar has 6 new levels to share! Of course, there's Orange Fold, Out and Back, and The Green Brick Tower, but Technostar also has a surprise release of Devil's Challenge, MMG: The Garden, and Speed Up, Mister!. They are older levels that were made even before Starter's Speedrun and before he learned Constructor, so they are LE levels. They also aren't as professional as my newer levels.

Orange Fold

Download Here!

Out and Back

Download Here!

The Green Brick Tower

Download Here!

Devil's Challenge

Download Here!

MMG: The Garden

Download Here!

Speed Up, Mister!

Download Here!

Due to popular demand, Technostar has made one of his community maps into a level called Curvaceous.
Download Here!

Technostar has also released his first custom level with moving platforms. It is called Ascending Towers.
Download Here!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 91
03 Apr 2011 02:58 #2
Just a couple format things before I comment:
    Please put any files in a .zip format before uploading.
    Save your mission file as a .mis, and make sure it doesn't add another extension that would register it as a text file.

As for the actual level, it's not bad for a first level. A couple pointers and suggestions:
    Your Ultimate Time is a bit too high, I got 0.57 on my first try.
    The Time Modifiers should never be SO plentiful that it allows a twelve second error margin. Total TM value is 25 seconds, but without them, it takes approximately 13 real-time seconds to finish the level. This pretty much guarantees that the time at which you reach the first TM is going to be your final time, unless you completely screw up.
    Although the alignment is nowhere near as bad as most beginning LE levels, there's a couple little errors that could have been fixed by either using Constructor to create the interior, or placing the blocks manually in the file itself. If you decide to not use Constructor, make sure that the actual
coordinates are accurate in the .mis file.
The author is Phil. If that is your/your friend's name, that's perfectly fine. However, if you copied one of Phil's (a former member) mission files to use and forgot to change the author, remember to do that in the future.

I would like to see the rest of your levels, because this one was pretty fun.

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
  • Thank you received: 912
03 Apr 2011 03:08 #3
Good level for a start, pretty short and basic (0.54 best, but that's an IC level so anyone can beat me ). Alignment could be better but no real complains except the 2nd gravity, which you can get from below and thus fall back to the starting gravity. The In Bounds Trigger should also be scaled properly, not as 100 100 100

The added challenge I made to myself (and not easy), is beat the level while grabbing the first 2 TTs, and finish without the TTs running out (9.75 bonus time here, def. improvable).

Cool stuff, short and quick, looking for more. Try and combine powerups and hazards in your next levels

Regarding your .mis presentation:
You can get rid of the following values since they are Leaderboards only:
BaseScore, PlatinumBonus, BaseMultiplier, UltimateBonus and Standardiser

You should also change the artist from Phil to your own nickname (Technostar)

"matan, now i get what you meant a few years back when you said that "the level in mbg is beyond me" after the last rampage i noticed things were insane, and now i truly feel that too" - Dushine, 2015.

• Thank you received: 25
03 Apr 2011 03:08 #4
Apr 2, 2011, 7:58pm, nobody wrote:Just a couple format things before I comment:

Please put any files in a .zip format before uploading.
Save your mission file as a .mis, and make sure it doesn't add another extension that would register it as a text file.

As for the actual level, it's not bad for a first level. A couple pointers and suggestions:

Your Ultimate Time is a bit too high, I got 0.57 on my first try.
The Time Modifiers should never be SO plentiful that it allows a twelve second error margin. Total TM value is 25 seconds, but without them, it takes approximately 13 real-time seconds to finish the level. This pretty much guarantees that the time at which you reach the first TM is going to be your final time, unless you completely screw up.
Although the alignment is nowhere near as bad as most beginning LE levels, there's a couple little errors that could have been fixed by either using Constructor to create the interior, or placing the blocks manually in the file itself. If you decide to not use Constructor, make sure that the actual coordinates are accurate in the .mis file.
The author is Phil. If that is your/your friend's name, that's perfectly fine. However, if you copied one of Phil's (a former member) mission files to use and forgot to change the author, remember to do that in the future.

I would like to see the rest of your levels, because this one was pretty fun.

I agree with nobody. It was a pretty fun level, but the TMs vlues are too big.

• Mr._E.
  • Beginner Marbler
  • Beginner Marbler
03 Apr 2011 03:39 #5
Thank you for this help. It is very instructive. Here are my son's responses:

@nobody: I base my UTs on my first/second/third tries, so yeah. (My best is 0.57.) That is supposed to help you with fast starts. I can never get perfect alignments in the LE, so I know about that. OK. I will change that.
@Matan: I know about the GM. That is what makes the level fun! As for the in-bounds trigger, I kinda like it. Also, you don't need the second GM. Also, This is not my best level.
@RC: I know.

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
  • Thank you received: 912
03 Apr 2011 03:48 #6
Technostar, that's how I do my challenge without the TT running out No need for it.

"matan, now i get what you meant a few years back when you said that "the level in mbg is beyond me" after the last rampage i noticed things were insane, and now i truly feel that too" - Dushine, 2015.

• Beack
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • Beack ewe
03 Apr 2011 04:18 #7
The author is Phil???

[Back on topic]
nice level for be the first, but much Time modifiers around.

The weirdest signature that I ever requested

• Mr._E.
  • Beginner Marbler
  • Beginner Marbler
03 Apr 2011 13:38 #8
Technostar has made the following changes:

The file is now a zip. The author has been updated (following a discussion about such things). The second GM has been moved above the Finish Platform. The in-bounds trigger is now scaled to 50x50x30 instead of 100x100x100. The PT and UT have been adjusted.

He wanted to keep the level an LE, so the alignment is still a little off.

Thank you for all the feedback. My son is very excited.

• Marblemaster1
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Custom Code Enthusiast
  • Thank you received: 8
03 Apr 2011 17:04 #9
Just one note...
You should probably change the link to this: www.mediafire.com/?39gm8v3z0x3470d because your old one goes to the My Files page, instead of the download link itself.

QuArK is still a good map editor

You know what's boring? Opaque marble skins. You know what's not? Glass Marbles!

03 Apr 2011 17:12 #10
Not bad at all for a first level, and I like the ideas behind it. I see high potential here.

• Mr._E.
  • Beginner Marbler
  • Beginner Marbler
09 Apr 2011 11:22 #11
Not bad, actually!

• Mr._E.
  • Beginner Marbler
  • Beginner Marbler
16 Apr 2011 15:02 #12
Technostar and I have released two more levels, Green Pass (by Technostar) and Block Flip (by me). Please see the first post to download the levels.

• Thank you received: 91
16 Apr 2011 15:28 #13
Block Flip

The only real gripe I have with this level is that it obviously was not playtested -- you can actually finish without even using the gravity modifier. My best time is 00:02.25, because of this shortcut.

Green Pass

The level itself is actually fun, I actually like the two challenges that you have to teleport into. Especially the one on the left, because I don't think I've seen that before.

However, there are some errors, some of them larger than others. Its probably not your fault, because this is just your second level, but I'll show them to you and maybe next time you can fix this kind of thing.
Face alignment. In the bottom panel of Constructor, you can see three buttons, labeled Vertices, Faces, and Brushes. If you click on faces you can now select individual faces and edit their properties. I assume you already know this, because I see things in the levels that required doing this, to do. HOWEVER, in the box on the left, there's many alignment tools that will help improve the visual quality of your level greatly. If you need help using them, ask.
Interior sizing. I assume you already know how to get to the world editor. If not, it's in the menu right next to the world creator. Anyway, by using this tool, you can resize interiors, teleporters, or other objects in your mission. For example, the small Marble Minigolf interior that you put, is actually unnecessary. Simply importing a differently sized MMG interior and resizing it, would be easier. Also, you could import water textures into Constructor, and use them. The last thing I have to say about this, is teleporters. I don't know if I'm being picky, but it's customary to resize the teleporter to the size of the teleportation platform. Being said, 1 1 1 is usually not the size you want to stay with. In the case of your level, I would use 2 2 0.5, or something equivalent to the interiors.
Editor Alignment. In the options box of the Level Editor, you can specify how fast objects are dragged. Look for the value that says 0.2, and, if you want to precisely align something, change it to 0.01 and click OK. This will allow more precise alignment of pads or other Level Editor objects, without setting the coordinates.

• Perishingflames
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Thank you received: 21
16 Apr 2011 17:14 #14
I've just played Green Pass so far and it's very fun! Yeah there are editing mistakes of course but you can work those out over time. I'm working on a path that will let me get sub-25... video coming soon!

• Beack
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • Beack ewe
16 Apr 2011 20:13 #15
I'm seeing great potential on your creations, also the level is relly simple and how it attract the attention is the best way to become more professional, don't need to be big if this can be good and replayable.

• RDs.The-dts-guy
  • Developer
  • Developer
  • Blender pls
  • Thank you received: 188
16 Apr 2011 21:57 #16
Not bad for first constructed levels. A bit more improvment on texturing and your levels wil look as good as MBPs. This will be usefull to read marbleblast.com/index.cgi?board=l....ay&thread=10959

Good luck!

-RDs.empire

Some guy that does DTS shapes and levels.

AWESOME time HINT : When making PQ level place your custom interiors and textures in platinum/data/interiors_pq/custom
makes life easier for you and everyone else :)

• Perishingflames
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Thank you received: 21
18 Apr 2011 02:21 #17
Green Pass (18.05):

18 Apr 2011 08:25 #18
god job!

• RDs.The-dts-guy
  • Developer
  • Developer
  • Blender pls
18 Apr 2011 14:06 #19
Nice pathway PF. I totaly Lold at sound effects.

AWESOME time HINT : When making PQ level place your custom interiors and textures in platinum/data/interiors_pq/custom

• randslider
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Experienced Marbler
20 Apr 2011 06:26 #20
I especially liked Block Flip. The start platform just needs to be turned around though

• Beack
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • Beack ewe
22 Apr 2011 04:47 #21
Nice path and run, also the effect was epic, but I preffer Dimmu Borgir to play Marble Blast

• Mr._E.
  • Beginner Marbler
  • Beginner Marbler
22 Apr 2011 14:52 #22
Technostar has added two new level packs for a total of six new levels.

The first pack is The Color Fold pack. It contains 4 simple levels that come in different colors.

The second pack is Technostar's Short Race pack. It has 2 levels designed for quick times.

Technostar turns 10 next week. Look for a birthday cake coming soon.

22 Apr 2011 18:00 #23
sounds good!

• Beack
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • Beack ewe
22 Apr 2011 19:34 #24
Downloading...comment soon

• RDs.The-dts-guy
  • Developer
  • Developer
  • Blender pls
23 Apr 2011 11:02 #25
OK here is my review.

Gray fold 1
Short and fun. My best was 06.46. Pretty simple i just did wall hit on first sign. Didnt find any misalinments. fairly good.

Gray fold 2
Simple. I find one shortcut that let me finish in 19.92. This level could be funner if you would add more diamonds.

Gray fold 3
Pretty boring. There wasnt any shortcuts and i fell few times on ramps. My best was 23.37

Gray fold 4
This is only level that i didnt beat UT. I think main skill you needed was good control and diagonal movement. If you would add nukes than level would be more interesting. My best was 19.25

Technostars short race 1
Pretty good puzzle level. Afteri got first TM then i went to get left one and landed on Endpad. Then simply colected all gems. You could make more that kinda levels in future. I liked it. My best was 00.37

Technostars short race 2
Same as 1st race but without 2 TM. My best was 05.67

Overall levels were good but i suggest you dont copy one level stile all over again. Try omething new. Looking forward to your levels.

-RDs.empire

23 Apr 2011 12:16 #26
Gray fold: 4.77
Gray fold 2: 8.90

• randslider
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Experienced Marbler
25 Apr 2011 02:49 #27
On red fold I got 16.64. Rds, can you use the proper names? Red fold, Blue fold, and Gray Fold 1&2. I don't know which levels you're talking about.

• Greg_Hutchinson
  • Beginner Marbler
  • Beginner Marbler
25 Apr 2011 16:31 #28
I was looking through the level pictures (I cannot play MBP levels since I blew up my windows XP so... yeah.) But they look very good! I like them.

• Mr._E.
  • Beginner Marbler
  • Beginner Marbler
25 Apr 2011 19:30 #29
Technostar is turning 10 this week, so we made him a birthday cake for all to enjoy. Happy Birthday, Technostar!

• RDs.The-dts-guy
  • Developer
  • Developer
  • Blender pls
25 Apr 2011 21:07 #30
Look just 3 years left and you will be oficialy 13

Happy Birthday Technostar!
Cant wait to see your next level.

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 1.018 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.