This board contains threads from which new levels can be downloaded.

Each level creator is to have one thread where he posts all information pertaining to his levels.

Any other or extra threads will be deleted.

file Rokoshu's Levels

• technostick
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • Thank you received: 32
23 Apr 2009 13:14 #31
Quote:Oh, and if you keep getting stuck on the fast box, just use the shock abzorber. That should fix any problems your having.

The problem is that I get jammed into the receptacle at the other end; the game freezes unrecoverably as a result.

I look forward to playing Lunao Valley.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• ridley2
  • ridley2's Avatar Topic Author
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • Thank you received: 0
23 Apr 2009 21:29 #32
Apr 23, 2009, 6:14am, technostick wrote:
Quote:Oh, and if you keep getting stuck on the fast box, just use the shock abzorber. That should fix any problems your having.

The problem is that I get jammed into the receptacle at the other end; the game freezes unrecoverably as a result.

Then just use the jump boost. That should eliminate all problems your having.

• technostick
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
24 Apr 2009 14:18 #33
And get me 3 TTs.

Lunao Valley is a good first interior. I will miss your LE levels.

• ridley2
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
24 Apr 2009 15:33 #34
Apr 24, 2009, 7:18am, technostick wrote:I will miss your LE levels.

Do you think my LE levels are better then my constructor levels? In an honest oppinion.

• Thank you received: 15
24 Apr 2009 16:46 #35
Finally got around to trying this level, lol.

This was a good first level! It was short and sweet, but your Constructor skills could improve some. I definitely look forward to more levels from you.

• ridley2
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
24 Apr 2009 16:59 #36
Apr 24, 2009, 9:46am, andrewsears wrote:but your Constructor skills could improve some.

Yeah, i know. I remembered yesterday about grid spacing so my interiors should be alot neater in my next level.

• technostick
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
25 Apr 2009 23:56 #37
You have developed a unique and pleasing style in your LE levels, whose most notable feature is the efficient and creative use of a small number of well chosen platforms. To make thus interesting challenges without losing each platform's character is something elegant that I never managed or tried to manage (using instead many simple platforms amalgamated into complex shapes). The only other level creator to master this in my opinion is Bobby, whose levels yours often recall despite having a more streamlined and challenging feel.

I will only be impressed and delighted to see you develop an equally worthy interior style.

• ridley2
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
26 Apr 2009 01:27 #38
Woah... You lost me halfway through lol. Thanks again for the complament. I think my levels made on Constructor (once i get better at it ) Will proabbly be alot better then the ones i made on the LE. Im just saying, when i get better the levels will improve 10x (as long as i dont run out of ideas while im at it )

Thanks again for inspiring me!

26 Apr 2009 01:42 #39
Lunao Valley was a good level for your first custom made interior! I loved every bit of it, a somewhat hard challenge makes it even awesomer. I'll be sure to play it some other time. 9/10 imo.

Best Time : 9.98s, anyone want a challenge?

• ridley2
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
26 Apr 2009 06:11 #40
You asked for it.
HAHA! Pwnd by .20 seconds! Ive gotten under 8 seconds Just didnt want to re-film... It look me a while to film this lol

• ridley2
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
30 Apr 2009 00:15 #41
Ok, you guys gotta check this one out...
Newest level! Marble Decker!
I've been working on curves, and all other sorts of stuff the past few days, and i've came up with this. I watched cyberfox's video about making curves, and found it proved very very sucessfull. I made this level as a test to some new LE styles for my levels. It looks like a MBU level =D
DOWNLOAD: files.filefront.com/MarbleDeckerzip/;13684794;/fileinfo.html
Enjoy!

• MadMarioSkills
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Experienced Marbler
30 Apr 2009 01:15 #42
cool

• ridley2
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
02 May 2009 19:33 #43
Im working on a new level called Shift. I don't know if that name is already taken by another level or not, so if it is, please tell me. Heres a picture of my current work:

This level that im working on right now should be extreemly fun (current ultamate time is 1.80s and my record is 1.60s ) It also has a super cool/hard to find easter egg that is hidden very well. Good luck getting it!

Anyways, the level should be done by the end of the day, but if not, tomarrow. Im working on putting in a maze with some TT's hidden inside of it. I also made about 3/4 other levels (i forgot how many) but they all stink, so im not going to bother putting them online. I may put one i called Grassland on, but it's badly aligned and i doubt it would be any fun.

• Thank you received: 3
02 May 2009 20:15 #44
looks cool. Like mario, u should post these 4 lotm

• ridley2
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
02 May 2009 22:31 #45
Eh, i proabbly will.
Anyways, Im almost done with the level. I'll post it after im done making the finishing touches to it.

EDIT: Im done editing the level.
Download link: files.filefront.com/Shift+MBPzip/;13697300;/fileinfo.html

I added alot of finishing tweeks and now it looks 10x awesome.

Enjoy!

P.S. Most of the time the FF link doesnt completly work. Just copy and paste it.

03 May 2009 06:01 #46
Apr 25, 2009, 4:56pm, technostick wrote:You have developed a unique and pleasing style in your LE levels, whose most notable feature is the efficient and creative use of a small number of well chosen platforms. To make thus interesting challenges without losing each platform's character is something elegant that I never managed or tried to manage (using instead many simple platforms amalgamated into complex shapes). The only other level creator to master this in my opinion is Bobby, whose levels yours often recall despite having a more streamlined and challenging feel.

Which is one of the main reasons why I'm so reluctant to use Constructor. I mean, besides the fact that the program's got over 9000 windows to cope with. And you know how horrible I am at playing the game, I certainly wouldn't make a level that I wouldn't be able to play through. I even screw up on Hodge Podge all the time.

• ridley2
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
05 May 2009 05:16 #47
Remember my level called Marble Garbageman? Im making a sequel. Heres my progress:

It's going to be medium sized and have many possible pathways. It's only about a 4th of the way done. 2 big differences to this level... It's made on constructor, and you won't be collecting garbage.

07 May 2009 12:40 #48
I'm missing all the interiors in your LE levels. Know what they are? They appear to be from MBG, so why didn't you just direct the folder to interiors_mbg?

• Thank you received: 15
07 May 2009 20:21 #49
Marble Garbageman looks fun! Can't wait for it.

I just played Marble Decker and Shift. Marble Decker is an OK level, I didn't find it very fun. Shift, however, is a very fun level with many possibilities of pathways. Your Constructor skills have gotten a lot better just between these two levels. I predict you will become one of the better level builders on the forums.

• ridley2
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
08 May 2009 00:11 #50
Lol, thanks AS. You just made my very depressing day feel alot better. I also watched technostick's vid of shift, and heck, now todays a much, much, much better day.
As for the look and fun of the levels, i watched every video i could possible find and observed my head off for about 5 hours. Marble Decker was entirley a test level (as im pretty sure i mentioned somewhere along the line) so it obviously wasnt as good. As for shift, i guess the multiple possible paths really boosted the fun level alot. I ompurposly added multiple time modifiers because obviously that made it alot more fun. Im going to either A(which proabbly wont happen due to my very VERY short attention span): Attempt to fix Marble Garbageman or whatever i called it, or B: Start on a completly new level involving way to many speed boosters.

As for marble garbageman (or whatever), some frikkin unrealistic error happened, and now half the faces are gone! Everything is like... Wall-less.

OH! And one more thing. I've been working on a set of challenges on pre-made levels, mostly done on the origional MBP levels. Heres a few challenges i've currently came up with and (almost completly) accomplished.
1: Complete Shift without jumping (Completed! Video coming soon...)
2: Beat combo course with only using 1 powerup (and only 1) per challenge. (Only 2 challenged in that level i cant beat.)

Im going to make more challenges after i feel better... I think i got a cold or a virus or something. Ughhhh... I had to come home from school early because of it...

One last thing before i go hurl.
How do i make the sides for sloped trim for platforms? As you saw in marble decker, i put some sloped trim on some of the platforms. I don't know how to make the edges though! I've tried alot, but i cant seem to figure it out.

Can anybody help me?

• Thank you received: 10
09 May 2009 01:03 #51
EERGH I HATE HOW YOU JOINED LATER THAN ME AND YOU HAVE RELEASED SO MANY MORE LVLS THAN I HAVE! AAARGH!

In other words, nice levels.

youtube.com/marbleduck

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
  • Thank you received: 912
09 May 2009 01:40 #52
Because he is active and thinks up of ideas haven't played any levels though, i rarely play any nowadays lol

"matan, now i get what you meant a few years back when you said that "the level in mbg is beyond me" after the last rampage i noticed things were insane, and now i truly feel that too" - Dushine, 2015.

09 May 2009 01:47 #53
TehMarbler, watch the video on tubed trim (On Vimeo by PF). It is making tubed trim, but close to the end, PF does somethin to fix that. IT makes them fit together perfect.

• ridley2
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
09 May 2009 19:02 #54
I just played Shift and am very impressed (emphasis on very). The perfectly-lengthened course, imaginative challenges, essentially spotless level building (even some deviations from the norm in the trim, etc. were great; the only complaint I have is that some of the slope textures looked a bit lengthened), and opportunity for pathfinding really add up to making this one great level. It's a pity it didn't end up in LotM, as I think it would have received excellent scores.

Two things:

The level picture's exposure was extremely bright and didn't look very good at all. I'm not sure if you took it in-game or in Constructor (hence the background whiteness), but the brightness really needed to be toned down a notch.

Also, the interior was directed to the marble/data/interiors_mbp folder, whereas pretty much everyone uses marble/data/interiors for their custom level .difs.

Other than that, great level, and definitely more enjoyable than most other recent releases. It can definitely look forward to a long future in my custom level collection! I greatly look forward to your next level as well.

• ridley2
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
10 May 2009 00:56 #55
Wow... Im unactive for one day and i get like 5 posts... Cool

Reply to MD

I actually have been increasingly inactive these past few days. I found another really fun game and i've been addicted to it. It's a korean close combat game called Gem Fighter. It's super fun, but it's hard to play when everybody is speaking korean. I haven't even started on my newest level to be truthful. I have been doing a small amount of filming for some challenges i made up.

Reply to Matan
You serously gotta get active again. I love watching your hilarious (and sometimes quite frightening about how good you are) videos. Or at least try my levels

Reply to marblefire

First off, i am kinda sad i didnt enter this level in LotM, but it was in the incorrect catagory (i think) anyways.

MF, I took the picture In-game, but i dono why it turned all bright. I'll try and darken it for my next level.

And the other thing.
I'll be sure to put the interiors in marble/data/interiors next time.

Also to add, i've been loaded with an overwhelming amount of homework this past week, due to it being my last week of school (woot woot!). I haven't had much time to get deep into thought like i used to in my excess spare time. I sure as heck hope i do good on my finals...

In best regards to me feeling better,
TehMarbler (I know the siggy wasnt nessessary)

• ridley2
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
19 May 2009 22:28 #56
Organized my first post. It should be easy to quickly find my levels now! Oh and uvodd, please delete your first post, thanks. I think i may put some pictures next to the levels so you can see what they look like, but that will take me a while.

Sorry for double posting! I think it's ok... Right?

EDIT: Holy crud... 3rd page! Woot woot =D

• ridley2
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
20 May 2009 02:32 #57
May 19, 2009, 3:28pm, tehmarbler wrote:Oh and uvodd, please delete your first post, thanks.

Done.

May I suggest adding the name of your latest released level to the thread title? Look at some other New Levels board threads if you need some examples.

• ridley2
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
20 May 2009 06:18 #58
O snap... I forgot to do that again didnt i... Fixed!

• technostick
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
20 May 2009 11:07 #59
Only 3 pages?!

*need more spam*

• ridley2
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
20 May 2009 16:21 #60
May 19, 2009, 7:32pm, marblefire wrote:

May I suggest adding the name of your latest released level to the thread title? Look at some other New Levels board threads if you need some examples.

NVM. Fixed it.

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 1.039 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.