This board contains threads from which new levels can be downloaded.

Each level creator is to have one thread where he posts all information pertaining to his levels.

Any other or extra threads will be deleted.

file Smellysock's Levels (NEW: Downside Up)

• smellysock
  • smellysock's Avatar Topic Author
  • New Marbler
  • New Marbler
  • Thank you received: 0
26 May 2013 08:45 #1
Smellysock's Level Thread

Not only am I referred to as smellysock. I am also known as that one guy who never makes his own interiors and always makes crap with the level editor. That should give you a pretty good idea of my style of level design.

-=- DOWNLOADS -=-

I am currently hosting 19 levels including 1 level pack.

Level 19: Downside Up *** NEW ***
Release Date: 5/27/2013
Description: Some guy told me that there wasn't a lot that could be done with Great Divide's interior rotated upside-down, so I decided to prove him wrong.
Difficulty: Advanced
Intended For: MBG
Gold Time: 4:00
Download: www.mediafire.com/?wl5rnnr93nu17a5
Picture:

Level 18: Chaotic Equilibrium
Release Date: 5/26/2013
Description: This level was more of an experiment than anything, but an interesting little gimmick came out of it involving VERY fast moving platforms moving back and forth between two points. Fair warning: This level is very flashy in-game.
Difficulty: Intermediate
Gold Time: 0:09
Download: www.mediafire.com/?expd8zjo7czorfz
Picture:

Level 17: Light at the End of the Tunnel
Release Date: 5/26/2013
Description: This level is all about steering your marble to land on bumpers while moving at an increasingly high velocity.
Difficulty: Advanced
Gold Time: 0:36
Download: www.mediafire.com/?fkh2j5e6pcnyc5m
Picture:

-=- OLD LEVELS -=-

Here's a download link for my disgustingly hideous old levels (levels 1-16): www.mediafire.com/download/obgqfvhv5qggm92/MNIK.zip

Note that the required interiors are not included in the zip; I can't even remember which custom interiors I used. However, if you downloaded the interiors from this thread you'll almost certainly have the required interiors.

For historical purposes, my old level thread (which was archived) can be found here: marbleblast.com/index.cgi?board=nlrb&action=display&thread=8345

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 67
26 May 2013 15:28 #2
Looks awesome! I love these types of levels. So nostalgic.

• Thank you received: 1
27 May 2013 03:03 #3
Just tried the new level. Impressive, and a bit hard too!

• smellysock
  • New Marbler
  • New Marbler
27 May 2013 03:04 #4
Chaotic Equilibrium has been released!

May 26, 2013, 8:28am, jkk39 wrote:Looks awesome! I love these types of levels. So nostalgic.
Yeah, I like these kinds of levels too! I don't know how acceptable these levels are though, considering that standards for level design have almost certainly changed over the five years that I've been gone.

But in the end, I suppose all that matters is how fun the level is.

• Thank you received: 57
27 May 2013 08:46 #5
Yay for level editor levels!

Yes, the standards for having your own interior and whatnot have gone up, but I've found a lot of levels, especially in the last year or so, have sacrificed fun factor for just having a clean-looking level. So make fun levels and you can move to interiors or not, it's all about the fun

• RandomGuy
  • Beginner Marbler
  • Beginner Marbler
  • I'm back, and still random
27 May 2013 17:24 #6
I love these kinds of levels! They look so easy but always have that sort of challenge to them. I also love how you included the increase of velocity into your run design. Overall, very nostalgic level ideas, and excellent execution in the LE.

- Steven
Cuber, Musician, Science Olympian, QuizBowler Extraordinaire, and totally, you guessed it, random!

Instagram: theadhdsteven
Snapchat: theadhdsteven
Youtube Channel: RandomGuy

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
  • Thank you received: 912
30 May 2013 02:27 #7
Oh man I haven't played these style of levels in a very long time.
Level 17 was pretty neat. I'll admit the start got me the first time around Maybe 3-4 of the bumpers gave me trouble until I figured which need speed increase and which you must decrease your speed for.
Level 18 I remember another level called Lava Flow which used those super fast MPs and it created one heck of a spin effect. Needless to say level is super easy if you figure out the secret, but getting Gold was a different story and it took quite a number of attempts.

Very good levels, keep it up!

Edit: aaaahhh just as I'm posting you put level 19. *goes to play*

Edit 2: Well I technically finished a couple hours ago. Level is near impossible if you don't know where to go next... which is what I had. I had to resort to LE to find the SJs, and then I had to figure out what to do every step. Eventually I figured it all out and beaten it. Once you beat it, the level is rather easy.
Best part is probably the start

"matan, now i get what you meant a few years back when you said that "the level in mbg is beyond me" after the last rampage i noticed things were insane, and now i truly feel that too" - Dushine, 2015.

• smellysock
  • New Marbler
  • New Marbler
30 May 2013 21:22 #8
Thanks for the feedback everyone!

Downside Up was probably the messiest and vaguest level I've ever made. Sorry about that, a level like that won't happen again.

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 0.843 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.