This board contains threads from which new levels can be downloaded.

Each level creator is to have one thread where he posts all information pertaining to his levels.

Any other or extra threads will be deleted.

file Blasted's levels - NEW: Paradise

• HiGuy
  • Lead Developer
  • Lead Developer
  • PQ Developer Emeritus
  • Thank you received: 604
26 Apr 2016 04:27 #241

BlastedMarble wrote: I added the high-detail collision glass to make it look more realistic

The low-detail glass still has the same visible detail, just a flat collision mesh; you won't lose any realism by using it.

This signature is real code
Code:
function clientcmd12dothepq() { commandToClient(LocalClientConnection, '34onthedancefloor'); }

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Ralph
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Matan's Fervent Fan
  • Thank you received: 136
27 Apr 2016 08:26 #242
Hmm, I can see the level has been built on the same way as Master the Jump Boost. Now that's interesting. The level looks fun and pretty cool.

About the low-detail glass, you can do many things you can't do with the high-detail glass.
For example, if you want to make a glass wall but its height is (I pick a random value) 8, how could you figure out the covering with high-detailed glass, since their sizes are predefined (3x3, 3x6, 3x9, and so on), while you can scale the low-detail glass freely to get the value?
Scaling the HD glass, huh? Nope, that'd be visually disturbing and a bit obnoxious for the marble.

Think about that. :)

You forget a thousand things everyday. Make sure Marble Blast isn't one of 'em.
Instagram : ralphfrommb

• Battlecube314
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • 100% Gold/Ultimate/Awesome!!
  • Thank you received: 155
28 Apr 2016 23:31 #243
Wow. That run of Mastering the Speed Boost was one of the best that I had ever seen from everyone, with all those tweaks and jumps on the ramps.
The following user(s) said Thank You: hPerks

• Blasted
  • Blasted's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Speedrunner and Level Maker
  • Thank you received: 105
07 May 2016 19:07 - 07 May 2016 19:13 #244
Download Link: www.mediafire.com/download/3oxgppsigaxb8ep/BMUC.zip

BlastedMarble's Ultimate Challenge is realeased. Speedrunning this level was hard and I finally decided the UT and PT. This level even fixed the cement's properties to act like actual cement. Enjoy and give feedback.

Platinum Time: 5:30.00
Ultimate Time: 3:30.00

After that, I'll get back to work on Unfinished Skyscraper for multiplayer.
Last edit: 07 May 2016 19:13 by Blasted.

• RDs.The-dts-guy
  • Developer
  • Developer
  • Blender pls
  • Thank you received: 188
08 May 2016 09:25 - 08 May 2016 09:40 #245
Me as average player should probably never touch these expert levels, not even talking about reviewing them but actually I was happily impressed. Even though my total time was this:

Overall I liked level, even with embarrassingly long time it took me to beat it, I expected level to e flop with 2 extra bouncy frictions but in the end they worked great and weren't making me super confused every time i encountered them (I recall some mods making like 4 different ones and it was just a bloody mess).
As for tightropes, you do hate us don't you... :side:

These things are already pain to execute on normal tightropes, on icy friction it is hell. Luckily You never made them in main path and had alternative pathways, I bet it is main cause why you had issues speedrunning the level. As for tightropes in general: Wasn't really that bad, While I believe 2-1.5 grid spaces wide tightrope would be sufficient and would've made level better for cruising through in expert mode.
But yeah overall pretty good, letdown is tightropes and it kinda makes me wonder what made you decide that icy 1 grid wide tightrope would make up for interesting challenge but it wasn't overly annoying so that works :)

Some guy that does DTS shapes and levels.

AWESOME time HINT : When making PQ level place your custom interiors and textures in platinum/data/interiors_pq/custom
makes life easier for you and everyone else :)
Last edit: 08 May 2016 09:40 by RDs.The-dts-guy.

• Blasted
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
08 May 2016 18:08 - 08 May 2016 18:10 #246

As for tightropes, you do hate us don't you...

Part of me really does. I guess you can say the icy tightropes were there as a little payback for the somewhat harsh criticism my unfinished MP levels had(Complex Speedrun, Omega Territory, Meridian, and Maze of Misery). You can't call them singleplayer levels when MP levels are unfinished. It can also be payback for being mortified that I didn't contribute to CGL #10. That's why I'm making Unfinished Skyscraper, to show them I can make my own rendition of CGL 10.

Honestly, after hearing other people's thoughts on the LBs, I'm happy that my level came out at best average and at worst terrible. I wasn't going with something amazing or original to begin with. Originality is something I'm not good at. I didn't think Master the Speed Booster was original because the concept in that level was already done before. And whenever I try to make my levels original, it doesn't work.
Last edit: 08 May 2016 18:10 by Blasted. Reason: Exactly like Moving Trim, it didn't work.

• RDs.The-dts-guy
  • Developer
  • Developer
  • Blender pls
08 May 2016 20:49 #247

BlastedMarble wrote:

As for tightropes, you do hate us don't you...

Part of me really does. I guess you can say the icy tightropes were there as a little payback for the somewhat harsh criticism my unfinished MP levels had(Complex Speedrun, Omega Territory, Meridian, and Maze of Misery). You can't call them singleplayer levels when MP levels are unfinished. It can also be payback for being mortified that I didn't contribute to CGL #10. That's why I'm making Unfinished Skyscraper, to show them I can make my own rendition of CGL 10.

Honestly, after hearing other people's thoughts on the LBs, I'm happy that my level came out at best average and at worst terrible. I wasn't going with something amazing or original to begin with. Originality is something I'm not good at. I didn't think Master the Speed Booster was original because the concept in that level was already done before. And whenever I try to make my levels original, it doesn't work.

I was being sarcastic there, by ''making level worse to pay back people who give constructive criticism'' you're just stabbing yourself in foot. No one said your level was terrible, tightropes were annoyance but I enjoyed rest of your level just fine. Just like everyone you have huge potential, you just have to find what works best for you. ;)

AWESOME time HINT : When making PQ level place your custom interiors and textures in platinum/data/interiors_pq/custom

• Blasted
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
15 May 2016 23:07 #248
Download Link: www.mediafire.com/download/5a0iqhz6eatdr1h/ComboChaos.zip

Here is a level that focuses on combinations of powerups, hazards, and friction surfaces called "Combo Chaos".

Platinum Time: 2:30.00
Ultimate Time: 1:40.00

• RDs.The-dts-guy
  • Developer
  • Developer
  • Blender pls
16 May 2016 02:33 #249
Really nice level, can't give my full verdict because I'm really confused how you do 3rd and last challenge (I did some small skips to try out rest of the level). But yeah really nice level, love the experimentation on new ideas and looking forward to more. :)

• Weather
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • Thank you received: 262
16 May 2016 19:23 #250
I love this level! I couldn't figure out the last one, nor how you get the gem with the nuke and shock absorber, but for that one I managed to get to the top, and grabbed the gem from above. :P

• Battlecube314
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
16 May 2016 22:35 - 16 May 2016 23:10 #251
Combo Chaos was a great level! I liked the variety of challenges and mix of power-ups, hazards, and frictions. The only two challenges I couldn't solve were the nuke hit and the mega marble but I found ways to skip both of them (for example, I saved a Super Speed from the ice ramps for the ending). My best time is 1:35.172.
Last edit: 16 May 2016 23:10 by Battlecube314.

• Blasted
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
17 May 2016 02:24 #252

Xx_M.O.T.B._xX wrote: The only two challenges I couldn't solve were the nuke hit and the mega marble but I found ways to skip both of them (for example, I saved a Super Speed from the ice ramps for the ending).

The nuke hit challenge can be solved by hitting the nuke without pressing any key and getting enough velocity and height and using the anti-recoil after that. Or, alternatively, as Weather stated, you can get the gem for said challenge on the upper platform. For the mega marble challenge, do you know how in multiplayer the mega marble can give you large amounts of speed when activating it a few inches before hitting the black friction surface? That's the only way to solve this challenge, hence why the mega marble was on the bouncy floor to begin with.

• Battlecube314
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
17 May 2016 02:38 - 17 May 2016 02:42 #253
Yes, that is true. For the nuke part, I just jump on the nuke, go to the next platform, fall back down, and use the gyro to get back up. Also, I know about the mega marble trick (you did a video showing it on Promontory) and tried that but I would either fall short of the finish or go too high and miss the gem. So I just grabbed a Super Speed from the ice ramp challenge and used it at the end to cross the gap.

Also I'm working on Blasted Marble's Ultimate Challenge right now, and if I get ultimate on that I might make a video of the two levels. My UT run of Combo Chaos is recorded.
Last edit: 17 May 2016 02:42 by Battlecube314.

• RDs.The-dts-guy
  • Developer
  • Developer
  • Blender pls
17 May 2016 05:05 #254
Bump

How do you do this?

• Blasted
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
17 May 2016 05:08 #255

RDs.empire wrote: Bump

How do you do this?

Use the super speed after you hit the carpet.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RDs.The-dts-guy

• Battlecube314
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
19 May 2016 06:11 #256
I finally got Ultimate on BMUC!!

• Blasted
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
25 May 2016 02:39 - 25 May 2016 02:40 #257
Download Link: www.mediafire.com/download/7iht1leom21bs...hisVERYHardLevel.zip

Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you This VERY Hard Level. This level will test all of your memorization and pacing.
WARNING: This level is EXTREMELY hard to do as a casual player. Play it at your own risk.

Par Time: 1:23.587
Platinum Time: 51.794
Ultimate Time: 42.00
Last edit: 25 May 2016 02:40 by Blasted.

• eNetro
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • Skilled PlatinumQuest Player
  • Thank you received: 49
25 May 2016 03:31 - 25 May 2016 03:33 #258
Throwback and inspired by one of Matan's videos!!! Nice job!

Awesome Hint:

Since the Awesome Time/Score is secret, you will have to beat it in order to find out what it is. Just practice every day, and be ready to keep pressing the 'Restart' button...A LOT!
Last edit: 25 May 2016 03:33 by eNetro. Reason: *one of

• Blasted
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
30 May 2016 00:44 - 30 May 2016 01:25 #259
Download Link: www.mediafire.com/download/7pjahvhjw282da9/IceRopeZone.zip

This will be the last level before getting back to work on Unfinished Skyscraper. I really need to stop procrastinating. Anyway, Ice Rope Zone is another expert level which obviously revolves around tightropes. And I know you'll hate this level with a passion.

Platinum Time: 1:30.00
Ultimate Time: 1:05.00
Last edit: 30 May 2016 01:25 by Blasted. Reason: Patched

• HiGuy
  • Lead Developer
  • Lead Developer
  • PQ Developer Emeritus
30 May 2016 00:56 #260
Ice tightropes?

Code:
function clientcmd12dothepq() { commandToClient(LocalClientConnection, '34onthedancefloor'); }

• Blasted
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
30 May 2016 01:00 #261
Yes, you can think that. But why do I have to think that? It's my decision on whether I like to add them for not. In fact, this and the other three frictions have been used several times before. This is why my levels are underrated.

• Blasted
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
30 May 2016 01:26 #262
Double posting to say the level has been patched with instructions.

• Blasted
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
09 Jun 2016 22:17 - 09 Jun 2016 22:17 #263
Download Link: www.mediafire.com/download/g84s2c7x8oh22p6/SplitBoundaries.zip

Here is another level and this time it is short. I promise this will be the last level I release before I finish development on Unfinished Skyscraper.
"Split Boundaries" is basically a two-way level. The only reason I made it was to test out the scenery arch I made with the help of one of Threefolder's tutorials.

Platinum Time: 26.00
Ultimate Time: 17.75
Last edit: 09 Jun 2016 22:17 by Blasted.

• Eguy
  • Expert Marbler
  • Expert Marbler
  • Booper Supreme
  • Thank you received: 208
10 Jun 2016 17:26 #264

BlastedMarble wrote: Yes, you can think that. But why do I have to think that? It's my decision on whether I like to add them for not. In fact, this and the other three frictions have been used several times before. This is why my levels are underrated.

Whoa, wait a minute. I think that you took HiGuy's post waaay too seriously. I think he was just making a humorous joke to take a light perspective on the common hate of ice tightropes (because memes seem to lighten things up all the time for some unknown reason, and HiGuy uses them all the time). Also, I think a large percentage of the community would agree that your levels are underrated and very well made. I don't mean any disrespect, and I totally see your perspective, but I think saying that doesn't show much humility.

"it's the internet eguy. where children are men. men are monkeys, and women are PQ."
-Jeff 2014

• HiGuy
  • Lead Developer
  • Lead Developer
  • PQ Developer Emeritus
10 Jun 2016 18:11 #265
Hey Eguy, I think you missed this thread .

Code:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Xedron

• Blasted
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
10 Jun 2016 19:53 #266

Eguy wrote:

BlastedMarble wrote: Yes, you can think that. But why do I have to think that? It's my decision on whether I like to add them for not. In fact, this and the other three frictions have been used several times before. This is why my levels are underrated.

Whoa, wait a minute. I think that you took HiGuy's post waaay too seriously. I think he was just making a humorous joke to take a light perspective on the common hate of ice tightropes (because memes seem to lighten things up all the time for some unknown reason, and HiGuy uses them all the time). Also, I think a large percentage of the community would agree that your levels are underrated and very well made. I don't mean any disrespect, and I totally see your perspective, but I think saying that doesn't show much humility.

I got over it. I can now see why HiGuy and all the others hate icy tightropes. There are a real pain to run through.

For the future of icy tightropes, they will now be used in small increments of levels and not as the main focus.

• Blasted
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
11 Jun 2016 14:03 - 18 Jun 2016 16:08 #267
Download Link: www.mediafire.com/download/c02lbr05bngbj...nishedSkyscraper.zip

Unfinished Skyscraper is now released after lots of procrastination. There are three floors each having a different layout. There is a crane in each corner although they may not be much help for you. Anyway, enjoy this MP level.

Par Score: 35
Platinum Score: 75
Ultimate Score: 115
Last edit: 18 Jun 2016 16:08 by Blasted. Reason: Patched with two missing interiors.

• Weather
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • Thank you received: 262
11 Jun 2016 17:08 #268
Sadly I can't play this online because my server is broken, but I put a copy of the .mis in data/missions so I could check it out.
You certainly put a lot of effort into it! The only problem is that you can go into the rotating objects (that can be fixed) if you're not careful, and I think the level could be more visually appealing (for example by adding some details to the large areas of blank wall and making more scaffolds). That said, the thing with the cranes is really creative. You're getting better at making levels. :)

• Blasted
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
12 Jun 2016 05:31 #269
The level has been patched with a black plate texture that goes with the warp pipes.

• HiGuy
  • Lead Developer
  • Lead Developer
  • PQ Developer Emeritus
12 Jun 2016 06:03 - 12 Jun 2016 06:04 #270
@Weather: I put a copy of this level onto my Thistle server in case you want to try it out with some people.
[hr]

I had a group going earlier today and we got a 4ish player match and it seemed to work pretty well. A few things I noticed: (said most of these in chat but I'll put them here so they're written down somewhere):
- The tunnels to transport from the different layers were great, love that idea
- The slopey bits at the bottom are pretty neat, enjoyed those
- Possibly flesh out the outer section (although keeping it simple may be a good idea too, can't say)
- You may want to put more gems around the top section, it barely spawned (unless that was by design)
- You can use GemGroups to keep the sections from overlapping (see Architecture for an example of how this works), I got some gems in both orange and red at the same time and it was quite confusing
- The gems in the air seem like an afterthought

Overall it was pretty solid, enjoyed playing it.

Code:
Last edit: 12 Jun 2016 06:04 by HiGuy.

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 1.100 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.