file Buzzmusic's Level Idea Topic

• Thank you received: 0
12 May 2013 22:00 #121
I can test the level, again, if you need.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Buzzmusic
  • Buzzmusic's Avatar Topic Author
  • Developer
  • Developer
  • I make levels and songs.
  • Thank you received: 145
14 May 2013 21:36 #122
Thanks, everyone! The level is now at phase 5.

All posts from my account that were made before July 29 2013 are from the point of view of my dad unless it states otherwise.

• Buzzmusic
  • Developer
  • Developer
20 May 2013 00:55 #123
The following is Buzzmusic100...

I've got a new idea for a friction-based level! I've started building it in Constructor, so it's already at phase 2.
The idea is that there will be three floors. The first will have high-friction challenges, the second will have neutral-friction challenges, and the last will have low-friction challenges. Like my level Momentum, it's going to be not very wide, but really long. While I won't make it primarily a speed level, I'll try to give it an element of swiftness and comfortableness, and I'll try to make it pretty easy and replayable.

EDIT:
I've decided to cancel the level I just announced because it wasn't working that well and I don't think there's anything too original about it. I've thought of a new level idea that I think I might stick with, but before posting more about it, I'll try to see if it will work well in Constructor. I want to be extra sure I'll stick with it before announcing that it's gonna be released any time.

All posts from my account that were made before July 29 2013 are from the point of view of my dad unless it states otherwise.

• Buzzmusic
  • Developer
  • Developer
23 May 2013 01:04 #124

Sorry for the double-post, but this is a pretty big update that I think would go unnoticed without me double-posting.

The level idea that I mentioned when I edited my previous post is getting further developed in Constructor! It's at phase 3. The concept of the level can pretty much be summed up in this picture of what I have so far.

• Blasted
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Speedrunner and Level Maker
  • Thank you received: 105
23 May 2013 01:06 #125
Looks like some pillars with frictional pyramids on top. Looking forward to it.

• Jeff
  • Elite Marbler
  • Elite Marbler
  • PlatinumQuest Programmer
  • Thank you received: 205
23 May 2013 01:43 #126
looks nice =D

I am a programmer. Most here know me for being one of the major contributors to Marble Blast Platinum and PlatinumQuest.

• Buzzmusic
  • Developer
  • Developer
01 Jun 2013 19:25 #127

I've got a new level idea!

The level will have a simple route to the finish with some optional challenges around it. This may sound a lot like my level Optional. But rather than the finish being easy to get to, the finish will be really hard or maybe even impossible to get to from the start. Obstacles in front of the finish will go away if you go through the challenges. The more you do, the easier it will be to get to the finish. The level will be a lot different than Optional in some other ways (like the size and the layout), so it won't just be a small upgrade.

I just barely, barely started building the level in Constructor. Phase 2 it is!

• Buzzmusic
  • Developer
  • Developer
04 Jun 2013 01:04 #128

The level I previously mentioned is now at phase 3!

Aside from that, I've been working on a really short LE MBG level today and it's all about spin control and movement in the air. Even though it's quite simple, it's extremely difficult. I would name it Air Movement, Spin Control, or Spin Practice, but those names have all been used before. Of course, I need a name before I release it, so does anyone have any name ideas? A picture of the level is shown below.

• Blasted
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
04 Jun 2013 01:18 #129
I would name it Control Capers.

Looking forward to the level.

• Buzzmusic
  • Developer
  • Developer
07 Jun 2013 03:36 #130

New level idea, once again.

Unlike most of my recent levels, this one will be a large, linear, and relatively basic skill course with challenges of all kinds except for pathfinding. There will be a unique twist however. Since the layout will be quite jumbled together, the pathway will be limited by walls. But the walls will be invisible. This may cause some confusion, but if you just follow the signs, you should be alright. If you don't, you may try to jump to a platform and not succeed because a wall will be in the way. It's at phase 2 right now, but it should be at phase 3 fairly soon.

• Buzzmusic
  • Developer
  • Developer
08 Jun 2013 05:05 #131
The Buzzmusic100 is following…

I think it's about time I show some pictures of my upcoming levels. The top one is a picture of the level where obstacles blocking the finish get moved away (though I haven't built that part yet), and the bottom one is a picture of the skill course with invisible walls (which is now at phase 3).

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
  • Thank you received: 912
08 Jun 2013 05:28 #132
Obstacles blocking finish pad reminds me of the buttons you need to hit on Trigonometry to get the blocks away from the finish.

"matan, now i get what you meant a few years back when you said that "the level in mbg is beyond me" after the last rampage i noticed things were insane, and now i truly feel that too" - Dushine, 2015.

• Buzzmusic
  • Developer
  • Developer
08 Jun 2013 06:04 #133
Yes, but the difference will be that you could either choose to just get a few of them making the finish hard to get to, or you could choose to get all of them so that the finish can be reached easily (or anything in between for that matter). As for how I'll make it work, I'll probably build the finish section in some sort of Skee-Ball Bonus kind of way, but you'll reveal more holes to fly through if you take the time to hit the triggers.

- Buzzmusic

• Buzzmusic
  • Developer
  • Developer
20 Jun 2013 20:56 #134
The following is Buzzmusic100…

Finally, Invisible Limitations (working title; I'm open to suggestions) is at phase 4!

It may have been a while since my last update to this topic, but I've really been working hard on this. It only took a while because it's a really big level. I'm glad to finally have the interior completely finished.

• eNetro
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • Skilled PlatinumQuest Player
  • Thank you received: 49
20 Jun 2013 21:05 #135
Excellent work there!

Awesome Hint:

Since the Awesome Time/Score is secret, you will have to beat it in order to find out what it is. Just practice every day, and be ready to keep pressing the 'Restart' button...A LOT!

• Jeff
  • Elite Marbler
  • Elite Marbler
21 Jun 2013 00:09 #136
that looks awesome

I am a programmer. Most here know me for being one of the major contributors to Marble Blast Platinum and PlatinumQuest.

• Thank you received: 18
21 Jun 2013 22:46 #137
Looks really cool and complex.

• Buzzmusic
  • Developer
  • Developer
28 Jun 2013 20:59 #138
The following is Buzzy…

Coming very soon:

You might still be wondering what the heck I'm doing with the snowy level and the boss level. As for the boss level…I still really need to get that glitch resolved. Maybe I'll find a way to fix it, but if not, I'll see if anyone else can find a way to fix it. As for the snowy level, I'm thinking about canceling it because it's hard and tedious to make realistic levels, and the concept of the level isn't even very fun. I really don't care about that level at this point, so I kind of want to just get rid of it. I've got other things to focus on.

• Jeff
  • Elite Marbler
  • Elite Marbler
28 Jun 2013 21:05 #139
See me on Skype with the issue of the boss level, it slipped my memory, I may be able to help.

• Buzzmusic
  • Developer
  • Developer
07 Jul 2013 03:31 #140
Here's an update for the level that I'm working on. I still haven't started building the finish section, but this is what most of the level will look like. - Buzzmusic

• Ralph
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Matan's Fervent Fan
  • Thank you received: 136
07 Jul 2013 04:01 #141
Insane interior! I'm looking forward to it! And since the level is purple, I have plenty of purple, violet or pink skyboxes (which reminds me I may make another sort of purple evening), so it would be perfect!

Keep this up, homie, and you'll reach CyberFox or Steven's Constructor skills. Or even Phil's!

Neat tiles too.

You forget a thousand things everyday. Make sure Marble Blast isn't one of 'em.
Instagram : ralphfrommb

• Jeff
  • Elite Marbler
  • Elite Marbler
07 Jul 2013 04:05 #142
Quote:Or even Phil's!

Phil uses QuArK.

And yes his level building keeps getting better and better.

Nice level buzz, looking forward to playing it!

• Ralph
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Matan's Fervent Fan
07 Jul 2013 13:57 #143
You teach me something new, Jeff!

• Buzzmusic
  • Developer
  • Developer
07 Jul 2013 22:57 #144
The following is Buzzmusic100…

Thank you very much, Ralph and Jeff!

I have a new level idea that is going to take a long time to finish for various reasons.

Sort of like my earlier level, Hidden Temple, this level will be inspired by Zelda dungeons. It will be large, puzzle filled, full of switches that open up new pathways, and while it won't be a pathfinding level, it will still be very non-linear. Rather than one powerup being obtained, many will be obtained throughout the level. It will also have many areas being re-used after certain powerups get obtained. However, I won't make it nearly as hard as Hidden Temple. Right now, the level is at phase 1.

Will it get released soon? Not at all. That's because:
1. I've got another level to finish up at the moment
2. I'll try to refine it as much as I can (which means I will have multiple testers)
3. I'll talk in a couple of days about another important thing that will hold me back…

• Ralph
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Matan's Fervent Fan
07 Jul 2013 22:59 #145
Mister is busy, as I can see!

We'll be waiting for this epic moment, as every time you release a level.

• Buzzmusic
  • Developer
  • Developer
28 Jul 2013 21:36 #146

It took me a while to get all the interiors working for Revealing the Finish, but now it's done and you can find it in my level topic!

The other level that I'm working on is kind of behind on the schedule. I thought I'd be able to plan out the whole thing at Jamboree, but it turns out planning a level on paper is not the same as planning it in Constructor. It's only at phase 2 right now. I do have some name ideas however. I'm thinking of either calling it Powerup Facility or just simply Facility. I also have a better idea of what the level will be like and even some obscure new ideas that I won't spoil for anyone.

• Blasted
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
28 Jul 2013 21:43 #147
Powerup Facility will be fantastic!

• Buzzmusic
  • Developer
  • Developer
01 Aug 2013 19:25 #148
Powerup Facility is now at phase 3, and it's definitely going to take a long time to finish. But I've started building a new level that will surely get finished before Powerup Facility. It's called Intensity. The level focuses on being as intense as possible. Right now, it's at phase 3.

• Jeff
  • Elite Marbler
  • Elite Marbler
01 Aug 2013 20:25 #149
awesome to hear, looking forward to both!

• Buzzmusic
  • Developer
  • Developer
03 Aug 2013 05:39 #150
Intensity is now at phase 5! I'll need a tester for this level; someone who's way better at Marble Blast than I am. Any volunteers? All that I'll need from the tester is a Platinum Time and Ultimate Time.

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 1.059 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.