file How do I work checkpoint triggers?

• MikeSan
  • MikeSan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
24 Mar 2017 05:33 #1
So I'm making this level that uses a checkpoint trigger half-way through the level. But when I roll into the trigger, it says this: "You didn't specify the DTS name for respawning!" I'm not sure what this means, or what to do? Can someone please help?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Ralph
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Matan's Fervent Fan
  • Thank you received: 136
24 Mar 2017 08:14 #2
Select your checkpoint trigger, go to Dynamic Field and click "Add".

In the name field, type respawnPoint.
In the value field, type the name of the checkpoint you want the trigger to be linked with.
Please make sure it's a checkpoint shape and no other shape, or it will simply doesn't work.

Confirm, then test by activating the checkpoint trigger with your marble, and then, press your respawning key.

Let me know if that worked.

You forget a thousand things everyday. Make sure Marble Blast isn't one of 'em.
Instagram : ralphfrommb

The following user(s) said Thank You: MikeSan

• Nockess
  • Respected Marbler
  • Respected Marbler
  • Cheater Supreme
  • Thank you received: 786
24 Mar 2017 08:16 - 24 Mar 2017 08:17 #3
If I remember correctly, you need to give your checkpoint (the one where you want your marble to respawn at) a name, and then add a field for the checkpoint trigger telling it to respawn you at that checkpoint.

I don't remember what the field's called which is why you get to go open the level editor in a level like The Ultimate Friction Challenge and find out for yourself. I think the field needs to be called "checkpoint" or "respawnPoint" (that would be logical), but I'm not sure.

Oh, and for the second box after you've clicked on Add Field, type in the name of the checkpoint.

EDIT: Ninja'd again. Damn you, Ralph. ;)

Call me Chris!

Discord: Nockess#4107
YouTube: www.youtube.com/Nockess
Custom Levels: marbleland.vaniverse.io/profile/5
Last edit: 24 Mar 2017 08:17 by Nockess.

• Three
  • Lead Developer
  • Lead Developer
  • level designer
  • Thank you received: 349
25 Mar 2017 06:36 #4
Make sure your checkpoint is a TSStatic shape instead of a normal checkpoint. See Dizzying Heights in MBP for an example of how this works.

Follow me on twitter at @threefolder

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 0.925 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.