Marble Blast Platinum Support

We encourage you first of all to find solutions to your problem in this section's threads. If you do not thus find any solution, please take account of the following:

If you have a problem which prevents you from playing Marble Blast Platinum, please create a new thread on this board with a description of your problem as title. In your post please indicate the computer involved (Mac/PC, operating system).

If in playing Marble Blast Platinum you discover a bug, please post in the Community found Bugs/Mistakes sub-board.

If you need hints for the Marble Blast Platinum game, please post in the Hints, Videos and other Tips sub-board.

map-pin MBP 1.50+ Requests thread

• main_gi
  • main_gi's Avatar Topic Author
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Thank you received: 31
11 Jan 2014 05:47 - 13 Jan 2014 07:05 #1
Edit by IsraeliRD:
Requests? Post here. Make sure they're useful and something everyone can use, and not just something you want.
Please remember that the more requests we get the more time we spend developing this, so if you guys want, for example, more MP maps, that means those will be delayed by the requests.

MBP 1.50 request: If you are playing solo in a multiplayer level, use singleplayer FoV.
Last edit: 13 Jan 2014 07:05 by IsraeliRD. Reason: Because I can.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• CheepFishMBP
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Experienced Marbler
  • I am currently inactive.
  • Thank you received: 14
11 Jan 2014 06:41 #2
MBP 1.50 Request:

One thing that annoyed me is that when you beat the best time outside the LB, it doesn't save the LB time. The staff should either:
1. Add an option to transfer best times outside the LB to the ones inside the LB.
2. Remove every MBG and MBP levels, save for the custom levels (both outside and inside the LB) and MBG and MBP levels inside the LB.

• CheepFishMBP
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Experienced Marbler
11 Jan 2014 19:41 #3
Another MBP 1.50 request:

According to the forum user Rocket on this thread: mbforums.innacurate.com/index.php/forum/...-report-thread#31423 , the staff should change what the pause screen do in the LB so that it will actually pause the actual gameplay.

• Thank you received: 2
11 Jan 2014 22:20 #4

CheepFishMBP wrote: MBP 1.50 Request:

One thing that annoyed me is that when you beat the best time outside the LB, it doesn't save the LB time. The staff should either:
1. Add an option to transfer best times outside the LB to the ones inside the LB.
2. Remove every MBG and MBP levels, save for the custom levels (both outside and inside the LB) and MBG and MBP levels inside the LB.

Option 1 is out of the question, due to the fact that the mission files must be checked for authenticity before a time can be accepted. But I completely agree with option 2. The only downside to this is that the default GUI is so beautiful, while the LB's level select GUI is slightly less beautiful.

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
  • Thank you received: 912
13 Jan 2014 01:19 #5
Requests? Post here. Make sure they're useful and something everyone can use, and not just something you want.
Please remember that the more requests we get the more time we spend developing this, so if you guys want, for example, more MP maps, that means those will be delayed by the requests.

"matan, now i get what you meant a few years back when you said that "the level in mbg is beyond me" after the last rampage i noticed things were insane, and now i truly feel that too" - Dushine, 2015.

• Pyro
  • Intermediate Marbler
  • Intermediate Marbler
  • The semester rounds out!
  • Thank you received: 0
13 Jan 2014 02:51 #6
My request in contrast to Matan's statement is actually for more Multiplayer maps. Is there any way that the community could help with recollecting the MBU maps?

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
13 Jan 2014 03:17 #7
We already have all MBU/O maps, and all are available in the full version. Once beta 2 or 3 are out, we will release a few more maps to the beta.

"matan, now i get what you meant a few years back when you said that "the level in mbg is beyond me" after the last rampage i noticed things were insane, and now i truly feel that too" - Dushine, 2015.

• CheepFishMBP
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Experienced Marbler
13 Jan 2014 03:49 - 13 Jan 2014 03:51 #8
According to my posts in mbforums.innacurate.com/index.php/forum/...k/956-requests#31446 , my requests are:
1. Remove every MBG, MBP, and Director's Cut levels, save for the other custom levels (both inside and outside the LB) and MBG, MBP, and Director's Cut levels inside the LB. (alternative way is to add an option to transfer best times outside the LB to the ones inside the LB, but this is unlikely). This is so that I don't have to worry about the best times that are not saved in the LB if you play offline.
2. According to the forum user Rocket from mbforums.innacurate.com/index.php/forum/...-report-thread#28562 , the pause screen in the LB should be changed so it will pause the actual gameplay.
Last edit: 13 Jan 2014 03:51 by CheepFishMBP.

• main_gi
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Experienced Marbler
13 Jan 2014 04:10 #9
From the other thread:

Singleplayer FoV used in Multiplayer, but only if you are playing alone.

Oh, and level suggestions for MP. Since I don't know the full list of full-version MP levels, I'll post a list here.)
Levels with a ? mark are because it would take time to replace items with GemItems in it, or the level is more of a linear level in design, or the level could be considered difficult by the average player). I don't expect most of these to make it :p

MBP
(Hazard Loop, King of the Marble, Ramps, Learn The Time Modifier? [Beginner])
(Ramp Madness, Wall Master, Marble Agility Course, Gym, Battlecube Revisited, Divergence? [Intermediate]
(Pink Fold Maze?, Diamond Seeking Fun, Orange Fold Maze, Nuke Field, Slope Madness, Par Pit, Treacherous Path?, Random Mayhem, Frictional Battlecube [Advanced])
(Helicopter Monster Course?, Platform Mayhem, Arch Acropolis?, Battlecube Finale? [Expert])

MBG
(Collect the Gems, Tornado Bowl?, Pitfalls?, Winding Road?, Grand Finale (MPs don't work in this, so it has to be one without an elevator. Who even uses the elevator on Grand Finale anyway?)[Beginner])
(Jump jump jump?, Monster Speedway Qualifying?, Skate Park, Marble Playground (MPs don't work), Take The High Road?, Half-Pipe?, Moto Marblecross, Monster Speedway, Upward Spiral[Intermediate])
(Stepping Stones, Three Fold Maze, Half Pipe Elite?, A-Maze-Ing?, Block Party[Advanced])
(Path of Least Resistance?, Daedalus (this probably is in the full, but MBU edition)[Gold]).

• RandomityGuy
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • This entire place is bruh
  • Thank you received: 61
13 Jan 2014 04:26 - 13 Jan 2014 15:49 #10
Perfect area spawn and destination triggers:Marble spawns above the destination and spawn triggers,which leads to confusions.I just created a MP Map and marble just spawning in the interior isn't wade of the spawn trigger.Marble should spawn in the trigger not above the trigger.

Anti-Recoil powerup in MP:It should work as anti-thump power up(means no marble,not even a mega marble could move it)

Inventory time modifier powerup:it should be in multiplayer and it works as freezer,players freeze in their position and avoid gravity.

Edit:

LAN:when I login,it just downloads somthing,I don't want that

Offline rating:It's in MBU and I want those offline ratings

Change voice taunts:MP WHERe doesn't sound good as there is MP HERe.

Github:
github.com/RandomityGuy
Feel free to support me at ko-fi.com/randomityguy
Last edit: 13 Jan 2014 15:49 by RandomityGuy.

• Thank you received: 10
13 Jan 2014 06:41 - 13 Jan 2014 06:42 #11
Visual indication of gem acquisition in MP. As a person who plays with the sound off most of the time it is irritating not knowing if I got a gem or not, especially if moving quickly past it, or when other players are going for it. Besides, even if I did turn sound on, marble related sounds (Rolling, jumping, collecting gems, ect.) do not work for me in WINE. This could be a configurable option, or just on by default (MBO had it, I don't think it annoyed anyone)
Last edit: 13 Jan 2014 06:42 by Don.Gato.

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
13 Jan 2014 06:57 - 13 Jan 2014 07:08 #12
Krishiv: Make ONE POST between replies of mine or HiGuy’s. More than one and I’ll give you a damn warning.

No MP recording features as .rec breaks (we tested) and it only takes your marble, not everyone’s.
We already have centre = “1”; (or whatever it’s called) which spawns you inside the trigger.
Anti-Recoil: not happening. We have a handicap about Knocking Opponents which your opponents can set for themselves where they cannot hit other marbles. You can set it for yourself too. Makes the game harder and so much more fun.
Time Travel: not happening.
Remember me: use only one account, you don’t need this.
LAN: relax, it’s engine stuff we’re just echoing.
Offline rating: Not happening.
Voice taunt: Not happening. MP WHERe.

CheepFishMBP:
1) Won’t happen as everyone wants MBG/P/etc levels in leaderboards, and that’s how MBP LBs were designed with.
The reason we aren’t transferring offline times to online is because you can cheat via mbpprefs.cs, and no one likes cheaters. As such you’re better off online than offline for the levels. With offline levels you can mess around, level editor, etc.
2) Won’t happen because it will also stop networking, effectively disconnecting you from the leaderboards and kicking you out. Any scores you send will also not be sent through, so you’re extra screwed.
We attempted to find a way around this during 1.10 development and had no luck. A revisit in 1.50 development was done but went really bad real fast.

Main_gi:
FoV is global, change in the options. No plans to separate the two right now.
We are not accepting any level suggestions, as we have 30+ from MBG, MBP, our own custom made levels, and MBU/O.

Don.Gato:
It exists in PQ, was not planned to downgrade. We might have a text visual like when you get a powerup, but it will be spammy in levels where gems are next to each other.
Also the one in PQ has a bug in it that has yet to be fixed (we have no idea how to at this point in time).

Last edit: 13 Jan 2014 07:08 by IsraeliRD. Reason: The voices made me do it.

• main_gi
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Experienced Marbler
13 Jan 2014 08:55 #13
Global? But right now, they're seperated. It uses a 'default' FoV in multiplayer, but is settable in singleplayer. I thought that was a balancing thing.

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
13 Jan 2014 10:04 #14
Did not know. Will talk to HiGuy.

13 Jan 2014 20:55 #15

IsraeliRD wrote:

CheepFishMBP:
1) Won’t happen as everyone wants MBG/P/etc levels in leaderboards, and that’s how MBP LBs were designed with.
The reason we aren’t transferring offline times to online is because you can cheat via mbpprefs.cs, and no one likes cheaters. As such you’re better off online than offline for the levels. With offline levels you can mess around, level editor, etc.

Oops, I misunderstood CheepFish's original request. My standing response to it and also the above is that the redundancy of LBs and non-LBs is very confusing to me. If you guys want to leave all the levels intact for offline, that makes sense, but is there any possibility to at least attempt to unify the GUIs of online and offline?
I know this would involve a complete design paradigm change. However, I really love the offline GUI design. It's simply more effective and easier to look at. Currently, the indicator of whether a player is online or not is determined by the GUI used. What if this indicator was made more subtle, like a title at the top of the screen saying "You are offline!" or "You are online!", and then the same GUI would handle both online and offline functions.

If you like I could come up with some visual aids.

13 Jan 2014 22:22 #16
I've got something simple: Redo the powerup voices. I was going through some sound files and I noticed the Mega Marble and Blast voices are a lot higher quality than the other existing ones.

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
13 Jan 2014 22:47 #17
We are going to be redoing ALL GUIs, MP was just the first one done. We have plenty more on the TODO list and this could take a while.
I don't see the unificiation of online/offline play at this point for normal levels due to the ability to level editor etc.

MM: might be done, but I don't know.

• Thank you received: 0
14 Jan 2014 12:47 #18
Requests:
1. Visible ping for each server. Considering how there are no dedicated servers, it'd be nice to see how high our ping is in the server browser and in-game.
2. Server refresh button: It's annoying to have to exit the server browser and enter it again to update the list, a refresh button would solve this.

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
14 Jan 2014 14:02 #19
In-game will be done in the next beta release. We did have it during development, though. That said, we cannot have a visible ping for each server in the host/join menu. We originally had it but after weeks of numerous crashes our investigation ended up finding that GarageGames screwed up the engine code, and had 'Connection' in one line and a few lines later 'Connections', in effect neither function was proper. Therefore when the function decided to act up (which was a lot), it led to constant crashes. That error is not fixed even in the latest version of Torque3D, despite several people pointing it out.

Cannot answer about server refresh, that is up to HiGuy. I believe the servers do however refresh every 5-10 seconds but I could be wrong... might have been taken out with the pings since it used the same badly-coded function from GarageGames.

• HiGuy
  • Lead Developer
  • Lead Developer
  • PQ Developer Emeritus
  • Thank you received: 604
14 Jan 2014 18:37 #20
Oh snap how long have I not seen this thread

Lemme go down the list
Singleplayer FoV: Known bug, will attempt to fix for beta 2
LAN: There was a sort of quazi-support for it, but marbleblast seems very reluctant to let us do LAN pings
Offline rating: Just play online?
Pause screen: Has been attempted before. Failed miserably. If we try to pause like singleplayer, you disconnect from the leaderboards.
Recording feature: Hasn't seemed to work at all for me. Will investigate further if bugged enough.
MP Levels: DIY when the editor comes out
Anti-recoil: Would ruin all the mega fun. Plus no MP levels (as of now) use it
Perfect spawn areas: on your trigger, add the field "center" as "1" and the field "add" as "0 0 0". That will spawn you in the exact center of the trigger.
MP HERe: <insert funny audacity'd file here. sidenote: too lazy to make>
Gem Indicator: Might be possible, although Matan seems to not want it. Will discuss. You can always look at your score ;)
Visible ping: Already done, waiting to be released. I had forgotten to change the file references in the beta, it was supposed to be in beta 1 / 1.5
Server refresh button: Agree with you, it got removed after server ping blew up everything

This signature is real code
Code:
function clientcmd12dothepq() { commandToClient(LocalClientConnection, '34onthedancefloor'); }
The following user(s) said Thank You: RandomityGuy

• RandomityGuy
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
15 Jan 2014 15:35 #21
1.Radar and blast in Custom Multiplayer(GameMode:Hunt).Mega marble too should work.

2.Multiplayer Bots:I want those so that I can play alone too(Orbz from GarageGames too used same engine that marble blast used).

3.New Glow(used when Anti-recoil/marble-recoil active):it should be MBO/U mega marble's style.

Github:
github.com/RandomityGuy

• whirligig
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • Thank you received: 261
16 Jan 2014 05:02 #22
-Online/offline integration: if you can't transfer non-LB times to LB times for obvious reasons, what about the other way around?
-Another idea for that (would take a lot of time to program though): have an "Official Mode." Once activated, it first verifies all of your files online, then internally stores information about them. Until you turn official mode off, the level editor and console are inaccessible, but your times get saved separately (encrypted) and then sent to the LB's the next time you connect. Would also require checks so that you can't modify files outside of the game (by checking the files on loading, etc.).

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
16 Jan 2014 06:48 #23
Krisiv:
MP features were not intended for SP on purpose, and it will not happen.
Bots are not going to be done. Orbz also used TGE, yes, but marble bots require heavy calculations and lots of engine-side stuff. Also MB engine doesn't support bots, just saying.
You can forget about the glow, that's not happening.

Whirligig:
It already does it
It's called JUST PLAY ONLINE

• Thank you received: 123
16 Jan 2014 11:06 #24
The second doesn't exactly work if you use more than one computer, or if you were to lose your times. It also doesn't work if the server were to go down. I have loads of good times offline that I've made (because, Mac), and being able to compare them to online times and vice versa would really be nice, even if it's only visual and doesn't count.

I have an idea where that much of the data is cached offline on our computers. I have to wait a long time sometimes to see universal (and my own) times on the LBs, and if I could see it instantly it would save much if my time. It could just say Offline when it hasn't yet talked to the server.

16 Jan 2014 21:25 - 17 Jan 2014 04:34 #25
Play a sound when a Mega Marble power-up runs out?
Or at least request a sound file to be played (like mega_shrink.wav) if making the sound for it is time consuming.
(So we can use our own mega_shrink.wav sounds in the meantime).
Last edit: 17 Jan 2014 04:34 by Marblr.

• Thank you received: 20
16 Jan 2014 23:20 #26
For teams mode, the marbles on each team have an colored aura around them that corresponds to their team color. A player could have a marble skin that is the same as a marble on the other team, and if you mega marble that marble, you won't know if it's your opponent or your teammate.

Plus, it's like having a uniform, and feels closer to team play.

17 Jan 2014 02:23 #27
A better implementation of uniforms would be to just have 1 marble skin per team. Captain chooses the uniform. Teams can't have the same skin.

I was also wondering if it would be possible to toggle whether or not you lose your power up after OOBing. (Blast could be added to that too). That way you could make going OOB more of a punishment and slightly less strategic.

• RandomityGuy
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
17 Jan 2014 09:40 #28
1.Opponent marbles should have a 3d modeled red triangle floating above them,same applies for team mode but they will be coloured according to the team colour

2.Opponent name on them:If there are more than two players joined in a server,name should be done during play or each player can't select same skin.

Github:
github.com/RandomityGuy

• HiGuy
  • Lead Developer
  • Lead Developer
  • PQ Developer Emeritus
  • Thank you received: 604
18 Jan 2014 06:22 #29
For teams mode, I've speculated over many different possibilities.
The first was making team players use a specific skin. In theory, it sounds good. In practice, you confuse who everyone is, and having more than two players is a pain.
I tried having teams have a "ring" around their marble (in their team color), although that turned out to not want to want to work. The glow idea sounds interesting, I might consider it :)

For people selecting the same skin, I may add something to circumvent that in the future, although you guys should use the chat more :P

Going OOB and losing your powerup was a bug a few weeks before release. It certainly could be done, although everyone hated it.

Opponent names are hellishly difficult to code (drove Jeff insane, this was the best he ever came up with )

This signature is real code
Code:
function clientcmd12dothepq() { commandToClient(LocalClientConnection, '34onthedancefloor'); }

• CheepFishMBP
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Experienced Marbler
18 Jan 2014 22:56 - 19 Jan 2014 03:17 #30
Another request is an option to transfer progress (e.g. my best times) from the pre-MBP 1.50 LB to the MBP 1.50 LB. That way so I don't have to worry about losing my top times.
Last edit: 19 Jan 2014 03:17 by CheepFishMBP.

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 1.068 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.