map-pin Advice for aspiring mod creators

• Pablo
  • Pablo's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Marbler
  • Elite Marbler
  • Thank you received: 18
22 Sep 2010 16:41 #1
You're free to proceed with this, but after seeing literally dozens of noob mods fail, I can tell you that mods are way more work than they seem. Thousands of hours go into making something as awesome as MBP, you can't do all that yourself or with a team of a few novices. You'd be better served developing your level building skills and releasing custom levels.

Nobody says:
If you're planning on a mod, which isn't probably a good idea atm, then please plan out every level/gui interface BEFORE you make it. First, a purely graphic mod is boring, easy to do, and will be forgotten in ~2 weeks after release. If you actually make something as good as MBP (which required like 10 people to lift off, and at least two years), you need more people power, and more time. The reason for planning is because you might run out of ideas very soon. If level 6 is already an über-advanced invisible tightrope challenge that takes 30 minutes, and with weird tornados everywhere, you don't exactly have the right to make the NEXT level one beatable by Granny.

I would instead create a level pack, instead of machining through 100 levels, do like 1-5, that will be remembered for a while. Like the Camp series. If you must do a mod, do so methodically and remember - it's not a race. If you have a 10% progress increase in the next week I know it will fail. Take it slow. Srsly.

And also, I made a similar mod when I was a young child (no really, I did). I figured out how to use package contents and Photoshop and how the textures worked and made a similar mod, minus the GUI difference. BTW I did this because I didn't like all the orange so I removed it and replaced it with black. Which goes to show that it isn't something that needs flaunting. I obviously had no clue how to use the LE at that time. My first experience with the LE was moving around the start pad of JJJ just b/c I wanted to see what it could do.

All said, either make a level pack (fine, call it MBH), or continue on the mod, I don't care, but please, whatever you do, don't just modify graphics.

If you don't like the advice, please don't flame me. I'm not trying to be offensive here.

Matan says:
MBP was made on 13 or so months, then patched from initial release. The major release (1.10) took 3 months to do. I'm pretty sure that to do major changes and what not will take months. I practically agree with 'nobody' here, since most mods usually try and have loads of levels but don't feature new stuff besides graphics (textures/gui) and maybe sounds/music. It would be better as a level pack, and if you're going to mod it, at least have some new coding stuff.

The things I always say to leaders of mods is that they should:
1) Plan the theme of the mod, what additions will it have, what changes it will have, etc. If they don't have a plan, don't even start a mod.

2) Commit to it at all times, not abandon or get bored from the mod. This is most likely to happen to anyone, so you need to realize that unless you're going to commit, odds are against you (and in fact, don't bother making a mod). Actually odds are against you anyway, so you need to strive to show otherwise. Not easy at all.

3) Realize it's going to take (at the very least) 6 months to produce a low to average quality mod and if you plan on higher qualities then they need to expect 1 year. The more you want in a mod (levels, features, etc), the longer it should take. MBFubar probably is going to take 4 years, but then again, they have so many things they want to include (and give an excellent quality mod) so you should expect something really good. MB9 should take a few months as well; just because they have shiny new powerups doesn't mean they can be called 'good' so fast. They still need to take their time; nobody is rushing them. I also think they say too many things too fast (such as the powerups) rather than slow down and actually work out everything else first. With the MBP LBs, until we were in a really good progress (about a month from release) we never mentioned its existence.

4) Understand that most members are at school/university and therefore most progress should occur on global holidays such as school holidays (to a degree) and other holidays. Doesn't mean 0 progress should occur. There always has to be some sort of progress, even as little as one level or a new texture.

5) Don't go level building until you get textures done first, especially if your theme is different than the textures we already know of. New textures are usually better than simple editing of the old MBG ones as anyone can edit these textures, but few can make real new textures of a different style.

6) Variety. People making levels usually end up doing 'tightropes' or some other hard shit. I've had mod leaders complain that their recruits could only produce tightrope levels. People don't like tightrope levels, especially really uber hard which everyone can easily do. Making good levels takes skill and practice. Again, vary your levels and don't make them hard. I found out that some of my recent level releases gain very good response from players, and none of them were hard.

Of course, when you make a level, plan ahead! Do not get stuck in the middle of a level with no ideas. If it occurs, either finish the level at that point or scrap it altogether. Pushing it further can ruin a level. I've seen a lot of levels from mods and tbh very little of them were good. Most were in the advanced-expert style and their creators seemed pretty happy on making another tightrope level.

Tightrope levels, btw, are the easiest to make and require no skill. They are also the bits that will ruin your level quite easy. One level that I remember got a bad score in LotM because of the tightrope at the end, when it would have done much better without it.

7) Testing. Often overlooked, but you should test a mod thoroughly. This is the quality assurance and if you don't do it, you can easily work on a mod for a year and have no one play it (when you release) because it sucks so much... something that would not have had happened had you got some testers. 2-3 non-staff testers are usually best. That means they do not make levels, they do not know a lot of the mod and never played it before.

Getting someone to test is EASY. Everyone wants to. Getting a GOOD tester is HARD. That's something not everyone can. If someone goes and says 'oh i want to beta test' or 'plzpzllpzpzl i wanna test', you say no to them. They're the type you avoid like fire as these people don't know how to properly test. The type you want are the good ones who have experience, respect and are good at Marble Blast. (99% chance) these people don't come to you, you need to look for them.
For MBP I always selected the staff myself, no one else did.

There are probably other things but can't be troubled atm to remember. Go read the MBP Staff interview in the MBP board, probably covers other things.

Beack says:
A mod needs a lot of time, and needs to have not only new textures or graphics, but new levels, scenary (pillars, towers, castles, landscapes, whatever.), sounds, and a main theme....in other words time and patience...lots of patience. I spent a year on Marble Blast Future and it's still incomplete, and has some bugs and presentation errors.

A good project takes over a year. Example: Marble Blast Platinum took 13 months to be complete (without counting the updates), and Marble Blast Fubar will take 4 years, but looks amazing.

If you want make levels there are many tools for this, like Torque Constructor (free), Quark (free), Torque Game Engine (not free), Torque Game Engine Advenced (not free). Spend some time on your skills, and start making things.

If you want continue don't lose interest in your mod, don't work too fast. It's better to do relaxed work, don't burn your mind up and you'll find that you can make some neat stuff.

You need a team to work, not only you doing it all...there are many things to pay close attention to. Don't run out of ideas, get bored with the project, leave it half-done. These things will kill your project.

In this forums there are a lot of levels biulders, DTS makers, Skybox creators, some sounds creators... in other words you have the support here to do a good project.

Don't take this as a negative comment about your mod, it's only a few tips for start...not only the skyboxes and the like.

Pablo says:
Levels are by far the most important part of the mod. However, I don't recommend leaving textures until the end. Textures play a big role in creating the feel of the mod, which I think makes or breaks it. I'd put the flow of a mod like this:
Feel > textures, graphics, sounds > levels (lengthiest step) > testing, fine-tuning

Very few mods even establish a feel before they die. MBA did, but it kind of failed on the levels. MBF might have, but after a year and a half with no updates I'm forced to conclude it's dead (Aayrl's protests notwithstanding). MBP and PQ were/will be such successes because they created an almost-tangible feel and stuck with it throughout development. Dozens of noob mods didn't, and therefore failed.

IsraeliRD says:
PQ doesn't go in the same route as anything. As a matter of fact, even MBP went on a similar route as any n00b mod out there. MBF is alive, Pablo doesn't want to accept it, but then again he's not on the staff list like some other people (myself included), so he doesn't know about anything.
The following user(s) said Thank You: QwertyQwertz

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 0
22 Sep 2010 19:18 #2
Good, but the link between 6 and 7 is broken. Seems to have a ... in the middle from copying an abbreviated link.

• Pablo
  • Elite Marbler
  • Elite Marbler
22 Sep 2010 21:54 #3
Removed. Thanks for letting me know. It broke because of the forum rearrangement.

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
  • Thank you received: 912
07 Nov 2010 04:06 #4
Useless advertising post which is completely off topic. 5% warning given.

"matan, now i get what you meant a few years back when you said that "the level in mbg is beyond me" after the last rampage i noticed things were insane, and now i truly feel that too" - Dushine, 2015.

• Pablo
  • Elite Marbler
  • Elite Marbler
07 Nov 2010 15:07 #5
The irony . . . he obviously read none of the first post.

• Pablo
  • Elite Marbler
  • Elite Marbler
09 Nov 2010 15:31 #6
Added Beack's great post.

09 Nov 2010 16:29 #7
Beack's post needs grammar fixing!

• Pablo
  • Elite Marbler
  • Elite Marbler
09 Nov 2010 18:33 #8
You're welcome to fix the grammar and post it.

• HiGuy
  • Lead Developer
  • Lead Developer
  • PQ Developer Emeritus
  • Thank you received: 604
10 Nov 2010 00:25 #9
I cleans the post up.

This signature is real code
Code:
function clientcmd12dothepq() { commandToClient(LocalClientConnection, '34onthedancefloor'); }

• HiGuy
  • Lead Developer
  • Lead Developer
  • PQ Developer Emeritus
  • Thank you received: 604
13 Mar 2011 18:18 #10

This signature is real code
Code:
function clientcmd12dothepq() { commandToClient(LocalClientConnection, '34onthedancefloor'); }

• Thank you received: 15
13 Mar 2011 19:25 #11
Added to the first post, thanks.

23 Mar 2011 03:13 #12
A few small tips from me:

-NO ****ING BEGINNER LEVELS. WE KNOW HOW TO PLAY MB.
-An exception to the above tip would be to make levels for different strategies used to play levels, meaning diagonal movement, wall hits, e.t.c.
-You must be prepared to shoot your spare time in the arse. If you intend to commit yourself to a mod, your spare time will be WORKING ON THE MOD.
-Stick around for a while to acquire the skills to make a mod. In my opinion, you should have ~500 posts before claiming you have the ability to make a mod.
-Quality over quantity (if you can't figure that out, you can't make a mod)
-Scenery is a good thing IN MODERATION. Scenery doesn't hide crappy levels from us well.
-Add something new. MBA: Speedometer. MBP: Marble Changer, Level Search, loads of stuff. MBO: You will find out.

• Greg_Hutchinson
  • Beginner Marbler
  • Beginner Marbler
26 Mar 2011 00:25 #13
More for my advice:

4: Picking Staff and Co-Owner. Pick people you can trust for your co-owner (really only 1). Don't go crazy hiring staff. Check their abilities first! People will do anything to get their name in a mod, or be in one.

5: Critisism. People use this element to help you. They don't use it to destroy or crush your feelings. All criticism is used to help you make a mod with fun, and replayability (for levels). Listen to what the public says. Now you don't HAVE to listen, but i strongly recomend! Don't be discouraged! Find a way to improve that!

6: Levels. Put varieties of challenges, powerups, MPS, hazards, and custom scenery in your levels. That way it gives it variations. Also, don't make similar levels in your mod! It might not be that fun to roll on the same looking platform.

26 Mar 2011 00:33 #14
Just a thought on 4: If you know that the person who is attempting to get into your mod is a good level maker and he/she wants in to make levels, testing the person really shouldn't be necessary.

(calls these my tips if you would)

Also, for your mod, be sure you use proper grammar in everything - that means capitalizing your I's. You wouldn't believe how many times I've seen the most obvious grammatical issues in a level/mod go untouched. I mean come on, if you're trying to get a professional looking mod with a mature community, do the world a favor and use proper spelling/grammar.

And please... Don't act like your mod is the most important thing in the world. Don't even get anywhere near serious. If you try and act like your mod means anything before it's done, it's bound for failure.

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
26 Mar 2011 00:34 #15
Spelling/Grammar.

"matan, now i get what you meant a few years back when you said that "the level in mbg is beyond me" after the last rampage i noticed things were insane, and now i truly feel that too" - Dushine, 2015.

26 Mar 2011 00:41 #16
You get the point.

Edited my post and added some stuffs.

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
27 Mar 2011 06:19 #17
Long overdue, sorry:

Mar 22, 2011, 8:13pm, sim978 wrote:A few small tips from me:

-NO ****ING BEGINNER LEVELS. WE KNOW HOW TO PLAY MB.

MOST INCORRECT STATEMENT EVER. EVEN MARBLEFIRE GETS THIS WRONG.

In reality, I've received over the years at least 10 messages from people saying they never played MBG in their life before, and started straight from MBP. Of course they also complained that it's way too difficult to them. I recommended them to press the switch game to MBG and play it fully first.

So what can we conclude?
- <1% of people who download your mod had never played Marble Blast in their life before and only got it to play your mod.

That said, if we exclude those people, I can agree with the aforementioned statement.

Quote:-An exception to the above tip would be to make levels for different strategies used to play levels, meaning diagonal movement, wall hits, e.t.c.

The problem that I consistently see in any mod (minus MBP, since that varies most of the uses pretty fast) is that these are lengthy or actually require an annoying combination of the sort (go diagonal so you can edge hit and hit the wall so you can land on that colmesh behind you).
If you make these levels, make them short, to the point and fun.

Quote:-You must be prepared to shoot your spare time in the arse. If you intend to commit yourself to a mod, your spare time will be WORKING ON THE MOD.
I haven't worked on PQ for nearly a month. I did do speedrunning, watching TV/movies, hangman game and other stuff.
In reality, younger people have more spare time, so they can dedicate themselves to a mod. PQ staff are adults (all are in high school or university) and spare time isn't really an option, or PQ doesn't get to the top of our list.

That said the last level I did for PQ took about a month to build so...

Quote:-Stick around for a while to acquire the skills to make a mod. In my opinion, you should have ~500 posts before claiming you have the ability to make a mod.
Incorrect. Experience is a lot more important. Some people here didn't have many posts (or they do little) and they are amazing in something and are great for your team. Seizure22 wasn't even an active member here before he joined PQ.

Also Pablo joined MBP only because I needed him to replicate levels from LE to QuArK-- he had otherwise no experience whatsoever. He also is the reason why MBP got done so fast

Quote:-Scenery is a good thing IN MODERATION. Scenery doesn't hide crappy levels from us well.
True, but I have quite a lot of levels that don't have any and people (well, PQ staff) think they're great.

Quote:-Add something new. MBA: Speedometer. MBP: Marble Changer, Level Search, loads of stuff. MBO: You will find out.
PQ: You'll find out. Some you did.
MBF: ditto.
etc.

However, a good mod doesn't have to have new stuff in it. I'd happily play a good mod even if it doesn't have much in terms of new features as long as its good otherwise. If it has new features, I expect its quality to be even better.

Quote:-Quality over quantity (if you can't figure that out, you can't make a mod)

Amen. A convo with Rokoshu with this exactly:

(9:36 AM) Israeli Red Dragon: I have this level all sketched out and ready to be QuArKed, but I can't because the level doesn't work well when I try and imagine gameplay
(9:37 AM) Israeli Red Dragon: and I got many other really good ideas that when you try and imagine gameplay they either turn out horrid or I can go to the QuArKing stage and epicly fail there
(9:37 AM) Rokoshu: lol
(9:37 AM) Rokoshu: i know that feeling
(9:37 AM) Rokoshu: it's even worse when you construct (or quark in this situation) a level up, then go to gameplay test it
(9:37 AM) Rokoshu: and it's horrid
(9:37 AM) Israeli Red Dragon: Been there, done that.
(9:38 AM) Rokoshu: that's why i perfer the LE
(9:38 AM) Rokoshu: cause i playtest stuff as i go
(9:38 AM) Israeli Red Dragon: Worse is if you worked for 3 weeks and put a lot of effort into it and it turns out crap
(9:38 AM) Israeli Red Dragon: yea, I do the same in QuArK; finish parts and then playtest
(9:39 AM) Israeli Red Dragon: But good thing my 3 weeks level (which is large and actually not that lengty in-game) been sketched for a week prior to that with what its contents would be
(9:39 AM) Israeli Red Dragon: got the level accepted into PQ
(9:39 AM) Rokoshu: wait wait
(9:39 AM) Rokoshu: your levels have to be accepted into PQ?
(9:39 AM) Israeli Red Dragon: yes
(9:39 AM) Rokoshu: like the staff and stuff reviews it, and if it's bad, it's trashed?
(9:39 AM) Israeli Red Dragon: yes
(9:39 AM) Rokoshu: ahh ok
(9:40 AM) Israeli Red Dragon: we're self moderating ourselves
(9:40 AM) Israeli Red Dragon: people think because PQ staff are awesome all levels go into it, but in reality we're trashing quite a bit
(9:40 AM) Israeli Red Dragon: i think the first 10-15 levels submitted
(9:40 AM) Israeli Red Dragon: about 80% were trashed slash rejected
(9:40 AM) Rokoshu: wow.
(9:40 AM) Rokoshu: nice to know quality checks and stuff arebeing done though
(9:40 AM) Israeli Red Dragon: ALL staff got rejected at one point or another
(9:41 AM) Israeli Red Dragon: Pablo's first 4-5 levels were rejected for not being fun
(9:41 AM) Israeli Red Dragon: I think out of my first 5 only one made it through
(9:41 AM) Israeli Red Dragon: Andrew had 2-3 levels rejected
(9:42 AM) Israeli Red Dragon: Ian maybe one
(9:42 AM) Israeli Red Dragon: Phil maybe once too
(9:42 AM) Israeli Red Dragon: We still rejected one of Pablo's levels recently
(9:43 AM) Rokoshu: did you guys do that for MBP?
(9:43 AM) Israeli Red Dragon: We call it: Director's Cut
(9:43 AM) Israeli Red Dragon: The rejected ones
(9:44 AM) Rokoshu: oh lol
(9:44 AM) Israeli Red Dragon: we had a topic discussing which levels are thrown off the official list to the 'Director's Cut' and a lot of levels were reviews
(9:44 AM) Israeli Red Dragon: some were easy, some we had really close calls, some were thrown to DC based on 1 vote difference
(9:45 AM) Rokoshu: so were there any that just plain out never made it?
(9:45 AM) Rokoshu: or were all submitted levels at one point or another included?
(9:45 AM) Israeli Red Dragon: probably, but we're talking very few numbers since just about every level we wanted got into MBP in one way or another
(9:45 AM) Israeli Red Dragon: in PQ its a different story, its a lot harsher to get in, even for 'Director's Cut' quality

• Greg_Hutchinson
  • Beginner Marbler
  • Beginner Marbler
27 Mar 2011 15:39 #18
Mar 25, 2011, 5:33pm, tehmarbler wrote:Just a thought on 4: If you know that the person who is attempting to get into your mod is a good level maker and he/she wants in to make levels, testing the person really shouldn't be necessary.

(calls these my tips if you would)

Also, for your mod, be sure you use proper grammar in everything - that means capitalizing your I's. You wouldn't believe how many times I've seen the most obvious grammatical issues in a level/mod go untouched. I mean come on, if you're trying to get a professional looking mod with a mature community, do the world a favor and use proper spelling/grammar.

And please... Don't act like your mod is the most important thing in the world. Don't even get anywhere near serious. If you try and act like your mod means anything before it's done, it's bound for failure.

The heck? I never act like that. I'm giving good information to people. I's: its my OCD that I never capitalize I's. I can start though. I usually just use text-abriviations. I'm also not the best speller. I'm not perfect .

27 Mar 2011 18:09 #19
...Those weren't aimed towards you. Those were my tips for whoever.

• Greg_Hutchinson
  • Beginner Marbler
  • Beginner Marbler
28 Mar 2011 23:38 #20
Oh, limh. My mistake, I thought you were talking to me .

• Thank you received: 368
06 Apr 2011 12:39 #21
Just for clarification, when you folks are referring to MBF, are you referring to Marble Blast Fubar, or Marble Blast Future? Ever since Future was announced, I've been confused whenever someone talks about 'MBF'.

~Aayrl

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
06 Apr 2011 14:23 #22
MBFuture by default. You don't do enough updates for MBFubar

• RDs.The-dts-guy
  • Developer
  • Developer
  • Blender pls
  • Thank you received: 188
06 Apr 2011 15:56 #23
Agree with Matan.

Some guy that does DTS shapes and levels.

AWESOME time HINT : When making PQ level place your custom interiors and textures in platinum/data/interiors_pq/custom
makes life easier for you and everyone else :)

06 Apr 2011 16:30 #24
Agree with Matan too.

• Thank you received: 368
06 Apr 2011 21:39 #25
But I was here first.

~Aayrl

• Jeff
  • Elite Marbler
  • Elite Marbler
  • PlatinumQuest Programmer
  • Thank you received: 205
06 Apr 2011 22:28 #26
yes, but you are taking way to long on your mod.

this ties right into this thread:

When doing a mod, dont make it take 4 or 5 years. People may get frusterated waiting that long and the hopes of its success may go down.

I am a programmer. Most here know me for being one of the major contributors to Marble Blast Platinum and PlatinumQuest.

• Beack
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • Beack ewe
07 Apr 2011 00:05 #27
Apr 6, 2011, 7:23am, admin wrote:MBFuture by default. You don't do enough updates for MBFubar

What is this MBFubar mod you speak of?

The weirdest signature that I ever requested

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
07 Apr 2011 03:57 #28
Aayrl, but MBFuture is active with updates. If you want MBFubar to be mentioned first, you better hurry up and release.

• Beack
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • Beack ewe
14 Apr 2011 03:34 #29
[BUMP]

Small tips for leaders and level build

----I saw a lot of n00b mods and many of them can fail or die, but potential mods can fail too, just for example MBF was restarted in the middle of 2010 for a stuppid error by me, be the leader of the mod is not easy, many people think they can do a mod only 'cos they know how to do a simple level in Constructor or Quark, but you will need administrate all the forum and pay attention on every modification, creation, addition, errro, problem, etc. you need a co-owner or moderator (it's basically the same) you can't administrate the forums or the mod alone, trust me I tried with my first mod (MBG2) and I failed, just for example Greg, jeff and Lucky are administrating MBO and all is goin well.

---Also for me, levels have a really big role on the whole mod, they give the feel of the mod and mark the difference between your mod and the mod of other creator, they need be fun, replayable or both, don't kill the people with endless challenges, jus for example (and sorry for spund like this) in MBP expert levels you will findmany of them and for me the only fun levels was Helicopter Monster Course and Bouncing Fun the rest of that kind of levels was little bored, also don't f*** the player with a tightrope level, it's extremedly bored to play and that's why MBF will not have a tightrope level, it's better have they on small parts and in moderation, that's give something more enjoyable, the originality of the levels is the hardest part of biuld them specially in advanced levels, but not imposible and the simple thing on Advanced levels is you can blend some good challenges and give a gradual increasing difficult.

---There are a lot of levels builders, but there are few good level builders, so don't hire everybody who say I want join first test
he/she skills and make your conclusions if you let he/she join or not, also you will need someone who can replicate levels, specially for forgotten or old files, just for example MBP have many replications by Pablo. (and they looks good too)

---Quality over quantity is a really good point for start and to pay attention, is better spend more time doing a level for have the perfection, and the perfection is really hard to reach, everything need be well done and professional, also if you have many level biulders, save all the maps(if this have the maps) and edit that for get every level looking similar, example I fixed many MBF levels and the final look is pretty well, also I will repeat work relaxed to get the perfection.

----Beginner Teachers are optional and is your decision, teachers can be added to show the new features of your mod and for add some small challenges, also many people never played Marble Blast Gold and they play Marble Blast Platinum, specially my firend who ask me where I can find that game and for don't give my copy of MBG I say Google have the answer, after they play a little I show they MBP (youtube), so I will repeat Beginner teachers are your decision.

----And for the last point, if you are a good level builder, be sure to join in good mods or if you don't like work on mods, don't join, if you join on a noob mod and that's die you wasted your time.

That is.

The weirdest signature that I ever requested

• Ian_Cordle
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Advanced Marbler
  • eSports Director
  • Thank you received: 10
27 Apr 2011 00:44 #30
Pulled from my latest blog post:

About the lure of the game : It is not the game that keeps the community together, it is those who create and add to it. However, don't take this the wrong way. I am not encouraging people to create mods. The best way to add to the game and the endless content is to make custom graphics, custom levels, what ever you have a skill in. Don't force a mod on yourself. A good mod leader needs to have skills themselves in a number of categories, and still be a proper and good leader. This is not a blanket statement however. Some mods will succeed with terrible leaders, and some will fail with the best. With the current placement of modding and creation in the community today, it is best to focus your talents, and create smaller works.

However, there are still those who don't do anything but mod. Some people are obsessed with modding. I would like to believe that all of these modders are good at what they do, but unfortunately, they aren't. My theory is that modding is much too glorified. Marble Blast Platinum was, and still is, so successful, people want to replicate that popularity and that widespread fame. It may never be replicated. As more people strive to the finish point, only a handful (and I mean a small one) will actually complete their dreams. None have yet to do that. No mod (except MBP) has completed their goals to the end, so why do people keep trying. The more mods there are, the faster more will appear. They jump on the modding bandwagon.

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 1.313 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.