Reply: Coding with Custom Quaternion Levels

NOTE: You are posting the message as a 'Guest', you can not edit the message or delete it
Please Log in or Register to skip this step.

reCaptcha

X

Topic History of: Coding with Custom Quaternion Levels

Max. showing the last 20 posts - (Last post first)

• thebourret
21 Apr 2021 16:14

Here's the screenshots of the coding for my quantum glue custom level.

Attachments:

• thebourret
21 Apr 2021 01:25

Hey all, I have been making a couple Marble Blast Quaternion custom levels, and I find it very fun and enjoyable! I have a bunch of questions about coding to make certain parts of the level work properly:

1. I am nearly finished my first custom level on Quaternion which has the blast quantum (Attachments B1, & B2) which will have a silimlar objective as the orthoplex temple level. I actually couldn't get the DTS shape exporter to work on my computer, so I copied and pasted the shape files (.log files, .blend files, and .cha files, etc) and managed to make the quantum blasts work successfully! The only problem is when I add a forcefield which would require finding 8 bells, and hitting them with the quantum blast. If I add one bell to make the forcefield disappear it works perfectly fine, however if I code more than one bell to unlock the same forcefield, then the forcefield's hit box disappears, and the player can go through the forcefield. At other times, any of the 8 bells unlocks the forcefield, but I planned on all 8 bells being required to unlock the forcefield to find the finish pad.

I am certain this is due to a coding mistake I made, but I am wondering if anyone knows how I can fix it?

2. I am midway through a quantum glue custom level, again I copied and pasted the coding from the island of kollas level to make the quantum glue work. I know this will limit me to using DTS files that are only in the current levels due to the DTS shape exporter not working. I managed to make the "2x2 tile" glue ponds work perfectly (attachment G4), but the larger glue ponds only show the texture of glue, but the quantum does not activate. (See attachments G1, & G3)
I changed the depth of the deeper pond of glue from "2" to "6", so I don't think the depth is causing errors.
I believe this is another coding typo I made. Please let me know if any of you know how to fix it!

I reached my the attachment limit of 5 files, so I will post a screenshot of the coding for the glue ponds in the reply section down below.

The operating system I use, is a Windows 7 desktop PC computer.

Time to create page: 0.996 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.