lock 2017 Singleplayer Time Trial Tournament

• Frostfire
  • Frostfire's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Multiplayer Mastery
  • Thank you received: 447
09 Feb 2017 14:52 #61
We're winding up for an exciting finish to Week 5 with only regi and jack left to go... Eguy needs both to do worse than him to survive, Xedron needs one.

Also RV smash
The topic has been locked.
  • Frostfire
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Multiplayer Mastery
11 Feb 2017 00:18 - 11 Feb 2017 00:21 #62
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/13TEk9OHB.../edit#gid=1774039027

The 'week of doom' is over, and seven intrepid players have moved forward to the sixth round...

Previously a podium outlier, RadiantVibe came in hot this week with a first-place finish at 891.32. He had a bad run on Ring Stunts but after that it was all business and he demolished all levels remaining without a single crumby time.

El Robert (936.00) made a big jump straight into second place with a general selection of good times to match. Could we have a dark horse finalist here?

Frostfire (940.11) grabbed superb times on Frictional Ascent & Random Mayhem in order to make up for his reaching Morph with all three redos already spent.

Rozi was crushed off the podium by a whopping .88, coming in with a time of 940.99 and a sweet run on Combo Course for 53.85. Don't be fooled by his first 4th-or-worse finish, however - Rozi is still going strong.

Regislian (970.13) had a good run going until he hit Despair, at which point the inner beast was released and he went on a four-level ham attack, annihilating Despair, Morph, Thief & RtE for a huge chunk of top times over the week's hardest levels - and he still had three redos heading into Random Mayhem! Sadly, a bad Par Pit, plus a failure to capitalize on his three redos, prevented a podium finish. Nonetheless, his performance keeps escalating with the level difficulty, and these chunks of top times the past two weeks have proven what can happen if he gets in the flow - watch out!

Kalle slid into sixth with the first 1000+ time of 1053.61. He had excellent runs on Frictional Battlecube & Treacherous Path, grabbing 3 top times, only one short of the week's best. However, a general lack of speed throughout many of the levels, plus a double fail on Platform Race 2, left him in the 'projected-to-lose-next-week' position of 6th. If he can jack the rest of his runs up to par with the Treacherous Path display, however, he will be very hard to beat.

Xedron rounded out the survivors with 1185.12. He was going strong for a time of about 950 until he reached Frictional Battlecube with no redos to spare. Two carpet deaths and an attempted forfeit later, he came out of the level with a time of 301.98, as he put it, 'just barely missing the sub-5'. Despite this rather epic failure, he still salvaged a survival spot by 7 seconds, thanks to the excellent quality of the rest of his run.

J@ckRB was the second-to-last man to go and by the time he'd finished Frictional Battlecube it was clearly going to be close. Sure enough, the final tally was 1192.98, dropping into the relegation zone by less than 10 seconds. Unfortunately for Jack, some excellent runs on Strategy Climb and PR2 were not enough to make up for the complete dismemberment Morph dealt him. He spent at least ten minutes on the level, across two redos and four runs, finally surfacing with a below-average time of 136.23. With his redos stolen by the evil level, he was unable to get through Thief & RtE with decent times, ultimately resulting in his being eliminated, barely.

Eguy landed at 1275.77, a good hundred seconds back from the pack. 'Last man safe' spoke true - he was unable to escape his foreshadowed elimination, putting up major losses on Par Pit and Morph, as well as a general slowness throughout many of the runs. Despite this, and perhaps because of it, Eguy has inadvertently proven his skills in his loss - a hundred seconds back is not much when you've lost almost 200 on two levels alone.

Week's Best: RadiantVibe
Most Top Times: Regislian & Frostfire (4 each)
Last Man Safe: Xedron
Eliminated: J@ckRB & Eguy
Deadliest level: Morph

Better luck next time to Jack & Eguy, and thanks for participating!
To all survivors -
Nukes are removed on Heli MC & Dizzying Heights. Respawn is still banned. We play Stamina through Speed Attack! Have fun in Week 6, and good luck!
Last edit: 11 Feb 2017 00:21 by Frostfire.
The following user(s) said Thank You: J@ckRB, sspenst, Robert, CylinderKnot
  • CylinderKnot
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Personal Text
  • Thank you received: 76
12 Feb 2017 22:57 #63
Prediction: Dizzying Heights will kill runs because you have to get through it the intended way.

Signature
  • Nockess
  • Respected Marbler
  • Respected Marbler
  • Cheater Supreme
  • Thank you received: 786
13 Feb 2017 00:39 - 13 Feb 2017 02:55 #64
The full path for Dizzying Heights isn't all that bad after you practice it for maybe 10 minutes. I'm really scared about Tunnel Vision and Speed Attack.

Call me Chris!

Discord: Nockess#4107
YouTube: www.youtube.com/Nockess
Custom Levels: marbleland.vaniverse.io/profile/5
Last edit: 13 Feb 2017 02:55 by Nockess.
  • Frostfire
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Multiplayer Mastery
13 Feb 2017 02:08 - 13 Feb 2017 16:54 #65
Xedron and I both got trolled by the Stamina heli not picking up properly, and we both fell multiple times at other parts of the level (plus we both used a redo) so watch out yall lol
Last edit: 13 Feb 2017 16:54 by Frostfire. Reason: Clarifying statement
  • Thank you received: 64
18 Feb 2017 01:27 #66
So I haven't had time this whole week to do my run but I'll be free later this evening (starting around 10-11 PST). Is that okay? Or am I disqualified :(
  • Frostfire
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Multiplayer Mastery
18 Feb 2017 02:25 #67
Awesome!! You're fine - the round ends at 7am PST tomorrow morning, so any time tonight is fine as long as you can find a recorder. If necessary I can do you early tomorrow morning - 5-7am PST ish - but hopefully you can find someone (like Xedron?) to rec you late tonight.
  • Xedron
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • Level Speedrunner
  • Thank you received: 294
18 Feb 2017 02:26 #68
Yeah I can record later tonight

"cna you salt spalt the slevel salt of 6 year salt who ca salt the lsat" - nobody, 2017
The following user(s) said Thank You: sspenst
  • Nockess
  • Respected Marbler
  • Respected Marbler
  • Cheater Supreme
18 Feb 2017 02:30 - 18 Feb 2017 02:47 #69
Hate to be unsportsmanlike, but I pray with the same amount of hope as Eguy had when he was in deep trouble that you do awful. <3
Good luck!

Call me Chris!

Last edit: 18 Feb 2017 02:47 by Nockess.
18 Feb 2017 06:43 #70
I'm so sorry
  • Frostfire
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Multiplayer Mastery
18 Feb 2017 13:30 - 18 Feb 2017 13:33 #71
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/13TEk9OHB...c/edit#gid=103880646

Week 6 has ended. What an intense finish, with 4 runners on Friday...

Info for week 7 is on bottom of post

Week 6 Recap:

Kalle (373.57) seemingly took inspiration from me and put all his runs on the same level, proving just how dangerous he can be, with awesome runs on various levels including Dizzying Heights full path and Speed Attack.

Frostfire came in just behind at 399.84 with less consistency than Kalle. Instead he sported a 12 on NSR, a 7 on MFA, and a beastly 2.72 on RUC (personal best on lbs by 4 seconds lol).

Regislian just keeps rising on the board, this time grabbing his first podium finish, although he did drop quite a ways back in time, to 563.84.

RadiantVibe (610.10) tallied up his score late on Friday night. Obviously a solid run and he also nabbed the only sub-20 on Tunnel Vision.

El Robert (739.97) pulled through once again, making his case as one of the top players. Despite a few rough times, he once again scored well enough to get him through to the next week - only two more weeks of this and he will be taking the trophy.

And now we come to the eliminated players... with 808.82, Rozi's first finish OUTSIDE the top 4 was, unfortunately for him, his last. The player with the most 'week's bests' and 'most top times' is now out of the competition. Everything started out innocently enough for Rozi, who knocked down the top time on Stamina in one go, and proceeded through to RUC with one redo remaining. He had a bad run, used it, and then the troubles began. Already 2+ minutes in, Rozi flew to the finish unaware that he had missed two gems, and thus respawned at the checkpoint having lost 6-7 gems. This time through, he arrived at the final helicopter with 20/21, and even I had no clue which gem he had missed. After frantic, panicked searching, he found it behind a wall by the bumpers and 15s TM, then rushed to the finish. His final time was 270.87, or 4:30. The rest of his run would have been enough to make up for it if he had had a stellar speed attack, but he couldn't quite manage a clean run, in the end coming in just under sub-3 with 177.70. These two times were all that was required to bump Rozi back past Robert, and he was eliminated.

Xedron, through much frustration, arrived at a time of 1198.15. All is forgiven and forgotten, however, as he apologized afterwards for his rage. To his credit he persevered through some bad runs and bad decisions, finishing his run in the end. Despite this elimination, his gem hunt skills have been growing in leaps and bounds... a new threat for the summer tourney to beware of.

Week's Best: Kalle
Most Top Times: Frostfire & Kalle (4 each)
Last Man Safe: El Robert
Eliminated: Rozi & Xedron
Deadliest Level: Partial credit to Stamina, RUC & Speed Attack
- the first slaughtered half of the players' first redo, the second was the death of Rozi, and the third was the common high number between the eliminated players.

Thanks to Rozi & Xedron for participating, and better luck next tourney! (although you made it far in this one)

Week 7 - We play Time Modifier Race through Catwalks. Don't forget to play the nukeless versions of Don't Jump & Catwalks! We have 2 redos again this week. Only 3 of the remaining 5 players will survive to the finale - it's really coming down to it now.

IMPORTANT:
BE AWARE that, as you were allowed to finish after going OOB on Beach Party, the same holds true for TTMR (and any other level). If you go OOB and then finish, it WILL COUNT. Keep this in mind during your pathfinding.

Good luck to the few of us remaining!
Last edit: 18 Feb 2017 13:33 by Frostfire.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sspenst, Robert, Xedron
  • Nockess
  • Respected Marbler
  • Respected Marbler
  • Cheater Supreme
18 Feb 2017 15:11 #72
A little unexpected from me I suppose, but you can see what I meant when I said that I hate RUC with a passion. I really would've liked to make it farther, but I can't complain. Everyone else played a fair and better game than me.

Cheers to RV for taking the last spot. I'm on his side now.
Dude, you are going to make it to the final and you're going to RV smash (Can that be a thing now?) Kalle and Frosty. Make me proud. :)

Good luck to the rest of the particiants! I'll get my revenge next time.

Call me Chris!

The following user(s) said Thank You: sspenst, NF, Xedron
  • Xedron
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • Level Speedrunner
  • Thank you received: 294
18 Feb 2017 17:40 #73
Was a really fun tournament, despite the ending, thanks for taking your time to host yet another tournament.

Also, have to agree with Rozi; RV showed some serious talent during week 5/6 (didn't use a redo on Speed Attack because he wanted to be safe) and I'd say he actually has a great shot of winning this thing. Nonetheless, good luck to all the other participants!

"cna you salt spalt the slevel salt of 6 year salt who ca salt the lsat" - nobody, 2017
The following user(s) said Thank You: sspenst, Frostfire, CylinderKnot
19 Feb 2017 20:48 #74
RV smash? no, RV nervous
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nockess
  • Frostfire
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Multiplayer Mastery
20 Feb 2017 18:29 #75
The nukeless version of Don't Jump doesn't work, if you die by nuke before reaching the first CP then you can have a free partial. If you die by something other than nukes (i.e falling off) then +x to your time and partial. (before the first CP)
  • Regislian
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • Thank you received: 255
24 Feb 2017 22:44 - 24 Feb 2017 23:02 #76
Well, that's that. Messed up big time.

Congrats on El_Robert for making it to the finals (and to Kalle and Frostfire ofcourse).

And good luck guys!
Last edit: 24 Feb 2017 23:02 by Regislian.
The following user(s) said Thank You: J@ckRB, Frostfire, NF, Eguy, Robert
  • Frostfire
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Multiplayer Mastery
25 Feb 2017 15:03 #77
The finals are set. Kalle, Frostfire, El Robert. Unknown running times. Good luck all.
The following user(s) said Thank You: J@ckRB, Robert, CylinderKnot
  • Frostfire
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Multiplayer Mastery
25 Feb 2017 16:47 - 25 Feb 2017 19:48 #78
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/13TEk9OHB...c/edit#gid=173413237

Week 7 is over, and we have our finalists, as said previously, Kalle, Frostfire & El Robert.

Frostfire & Kalle scored times in the 500s, with Frost taking 6 of the top times and Kalle 3 of them, leaving only 1.

El Robert took the final top time (on Don't Jump!) finishing in the low 600s.

Regislian & RadiantVibe will be leaving us this week, both with times in the 700s. Despite strong showings neither of them could manage a solid run on every level, with a straight set of mediocre times from RV and collapses on Platform Mayhem and Slowropes from Regi.

Despite this, the round was relatively quite close.

The finals are now set - docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/13TEk9OHB.../edit#gid=1928488583

Running times, once known, will be posted here.

Thanks for participating RV & Regi - good luck to Kalle and El Robert!
Last edit: 25 Feb 2017 19:48 by Frostfire.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Robert, CylinderKnot
  • Frostfire
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Multiplayer Mastery
07 Mar 2017 13:43 #79
The tournament finale ended recently.

Things kicked off with TUFC, the least deadly of the Big 5. Despite this, El Robert got off to a very slow start, and it stole his redo, which he used wisely to save 100 seconds and take a final time of 136. Frostfire and Kalle then got 132 and 121 respectively.

Next came TTotTS. This time, the times reversed order, with a 285 from Robert, 289 from Frost, and 310 from Kalle. Robert successfully pulled off a DOUBLE TRAP in order to achieve the top time on this massive level.

With the first two levels down, Robert and Frost were less than a second apart and Kalle was only 10 seconds back. However, Mastering the Marble was Kalle's most practiced level, and he hammered it with a very good time of 105. Frost trailed with a few mistakes (mostly on the final ramp) to grab 133, and Robert fell back another 10 to 144.

In total, then, Kalle led by about 20 seconds over Frost, who was about 10 seconds over Robert, heading into the two longest levels in the game.

It was not to stay close for long. While Kalle and Frost knocked down 297 and 306 respectively, Robert lost two and a half minutes on the final island, dropping back to a 445, and was simply unable to climb back out of this hole with his redo lost to TUFC.

This story repeated itself on BCF, except this time the victim was Frost, who scored a 434 on the level, while Kalle and Robert achieved 340 and 311 respectively.

In the end, Kalle's consistent play through each level, never dropping much time, as well as an excellent MtM run, got him through to the title by about 100 seconds.

1. Kalle (1174.22)
2. Frostfire (1296.10)
3. El Robert (1323.18)

Congratulations to Kalle, and a very well-fought match by all. Kudos to Robert on being the dark horse finalist, nearly pulled it off.

Titles/flairs coming soon.

Thanks everyone for participating in the tournament! The final standings can be found here: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/13TEk9OHB.../edit#gid=1928488583
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kalle29, Robert, Weather, CylinderKnot
  • CylinderKnot
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Personal Text
  • Thank you received: 76
07 Mar 2017 14:07 #80
Great job to everyone who participated in the tournament! This has been a fun experience and a stressful one, too. Despite my elimination in week 3, I've been closely following everything, and I have been pleasantly surprised each time the results come in.

Signature
  • Kalle29
  • I blame ping for losing
  • Thank you received: 754
08 Mar 2017 14:48 - 08 Mar 2017 14:51 #81
GGs everyone, it was a fun tournament.

I can gladly say that my initial idea of simply playing consistently on all levels worked. I was worried at first that it wouldn't be enough since I did only decently for the first 5 weeks with Rozi being the frontrunner. But it seems like trying to speedrun every level eventually failed as we reached the harder levels - which can be seen if you look at how quickly Rozi fell off in the rankings.

And we can note that if Robert/Frosty had had good runs on Space Station/BCF then they would just barely go ahead of me. So once again - it was trying to go too fast that was their downfall.

I also liked the singleplayer tournament style, was a lot of fun. Would be very interesting to see what would happen if we played different levels, though I'm happy we did these since the big 5 made for a really good ending to 8 weeks of competition.

༼ ͡◕ ͜ ʖ ͡◕༽ You have been visited by the Nivea™ Donger of moisture. Soft skin and good fortune will come to you, but only if you post "thank you Mr. Skeltal" in this thread ༼ ͡◕ ͜ ʖ ͡◕༽
Last edit: 08 Mar 2017 14:51 by Kalle29.
The following user(s) said Thank You: J@ckRB, NF, Robert, CylinderKnot
  • Thank you received: 368
09 Mar 2017 04:12 - 09 Mar 2017 04:13 #82
Congratulations to all who participated in the tournament!

As with the previous tournament, I have gone ahead and granted special web-achievements and titles depending on how well you finished in the tournament! However, I changed our normal "top 3" to include the "top 5" this time around! Keep in mind all rewards are inclusive.

All Participants: Achievement and the 'Cadet' Prefix Title.

Top 10: Achievement and the 'Captain' Prefix Title, and all subsequent achievements and titles.

Top 5: Achievement and the 'Brigadier' Prefix title, and all subsequent achievements and titles.

Winner: Achievement, 'General' Prefix title, and the red trophy flair icon, as well as all subsequent achievements and titles.

Enjoy!
~Aayrl
Last edit: 09 Mar 2017 04:13 by Aayrl.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kalle29, J@ckRB, Regislian, Nockess, Robert, Weather, CylinderKnot
Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 0.970 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.