file Andrew's Videos

• Thank you received: 15
25 Feb 2010 19:28 #1
Yes, you read that right, I've finally started making videos! Now my YouTube account is actually useful for something other than friending other people. Please subscribe to my channel!

Most of my videos will be MBO-related; normally I will upload multiplayer matches and MM war/KotH highlights, but I will also do MBP/G videos. I might make videos of other games too. Depending on what is going on in my life, videos will come out once a week or so.

So enjoy the videos! Comments, praise, and criticism are welcome.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 18
25 Feb 2010 19:32 #2
Very nice try! I look forward to more.

• Thank you received: 0
25 Feb 2010 20:33 #3
Very nice. I think SP mode it randomly choses gems spawns instead of having them depend on the marbles.

• davidjl123
  • Intermediate Marbler
  • Intermediate Marbler
25 Feb 2010 23:13 #4
Finally you made a video! Nice video!

25 Feb 2010 23:52 #5
Good job

• Thank you received: 10
26 Feb 2010 00:19 #6
Just use the Quicktime that comes with Snow Leopard, you get almost no lag at all.

youtube.com/marbleduck

26 Feb 2010 00:27 #7
Its always nice to see Marble Blasters join the club of videoes. Good job!

26 Feb 2010 00:37 #8
Feb 25, 2010, 4:19pm, marbleduck wrote:Just use the Quicktime that comes with Snow Leopard, you get almost no lag at all.

I don't have Snow Leopard. There was barely any lag anyway.

• Thank you received: 2
26 Feb 2010 19:08 #9
Feb 25, 2010, 4:19pm, marbleduck wrote:Just use the Quicktime that comes with Snow Leopard, you get almost no lag at all.

Actually it's not very good. I wish Apple would make a quality recorder so I wouldn't have to use anything else. The video quality is pretty crappy compared to standalone apps, and the framerate isn't terrible, but you can get better with others.

CONGRATS! I subscribed.

• Perishingflames
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Thank you received: 21
27 Feb 2010 07:28 #10
^^ What sporlo said. It is bare-bones basic and not very good quality. iShowU or Screenflow is essential (don't suggest paying for screenflow though (100$).. wink wink

• Thank you received: 1
27 Feb 2010 08:56 #11
Feb 25, 2010, 12:33pm, mbgdemon wrote:Very nice. I think SP mode it randomly choses gems spawns instead of having them depend on the marbles.

As far as I remember, gems in single-player mode will always be the same, but you start in a random spot every time. Multiplayer is either completely random or depends on the marbles' locations.

28 Feb 2010 03:18 #12
Feb 27, 2010, 12:56am, phil83 wrote:
Feb 25, 2010, 12:33pm, mbgdemon wrote:Very nice. I think SP mode it randomly choses gems spawns instead of having them depend on the marbles.

As far as I remember, gems in single-player mode will always be the same, but you start in a random spot every time. Multiplayer is either completely random or depends on the marbles' locations.

Depends on marbles, 100%
Trust me, I exploit this.

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
  • Thank you received: 912
28 Feb 2010 04:04 #13
Multiplayer's actually based on random, not on marbles

"matan, now i get what you meant a few years back when you said that "the level in mbg is beyond me" after the last rampage i noticed things were insane, and now i truly feel that too" - Dushine, 2015.

28 Feb 2010 05:56 #14
Feb 27, 2010, 12:56am, phil83 wrote:

Didn't we already have a discussion over this? I'll find the thread.

Matan said that the gems in single-player are based on the ORDER you the gems in, plus a random beginning marble spawn. If you collect the gems in the same order every time, it will be the same layout.

If you meant gem AREAS, then yes, the AREAS will be the same no matter what, but they will probably be in a little different arrangement.

I found it. It's got a very detailed explaination of the gem spawns from Matan

Without WWW: marbleblast.com/index.cgi?board=matan&ac...=display&thread=6821
With WWW: www.marbleblast.com/index.cgi?board=mata...=display&thread=6821

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
  • Thank you received: 912
28 Feb 2010 08:56 #15
I actually used that on Marble City. You can try it too. Second spawn I think is the one with the yellow and red together. If you collect the red gems before doing the yellow&red (or some order like this), then the next time you have a spawn in the area (I think 2-3 spawns later?), then the red gem that usually appears at the top of the map... does not appear. I've manipulated the centre a couple of times for gems this way.

"matan, now i get what you meant a few years back when you said that "the level in mbg is beyond me" after the last rampage i noticed things were insane, and now i truly feel that too" - Dushine, 2015.

28 Feb 2010 16:04 #16
That is so complicated. Mine just depends on where the marbles are

02 Mar 2010 01:38 #17
MBO: Mega Marble war highlights (Feb. 27, 2010)

The best moments from several MM war games played on 2/27. Cut down from nearly 40 minutes of raw footage, this ball-banging compilation features me both owning people and getting owned. Laughs are assured!

The song is from the Mac game Cro-Mag Rally, made by Pangea Software.

Enjoy! =)

• Thank you received: 18
02 Mar 2010 02:10 #18
Very nice! I liked the one where your MM ran out very suddenly and you immediately got owned.

02 Mar 2010 03:12 #19
Nice .

Just as a note - just because marbles collide doesn't mean it's a highlight, some of the other ones were pure ownage though

02 Mar 2010 04:27 #20
Mar 1, 2010, 5:38pm, andrewsears wrote:The song is from the Mac game Cro-Mag Rally, made by Pangea Software.

Go Pangea! What method did you use to get the song?

(also, you might want to take out visible mouse clicks in iShowU. Every time you use a powerup there's an expanding circle above your marble )

03 Mar 2010 05:09 #21
Andrew vs. Tuerss: Horizon

This is a 1v1 multiplayer match in MBO between me and Tuerss (rawdanguer). A close win for me; however, it was pretty much a game devoid of skill, as we both failed multiple times. Good game, though, Tuerss; I look forward to future matches.

This is the first of two matches we played that I recorded. The second match will be uploaded tomorrow. =)

Songs used:
Roll With Me - Montgomery Gentry
Honky Tonk Stomp - Brooks & Dunn

Enjoy! =)

03 Mar 2010 07:33 #22
Nice match.

Can i kill you for your choice of music now? :3

03 Mar 2010 15:28 #23
Nice job, for some reason I've always liked watching matches.
Have your matches ever caught on fire?

04 Mar 2010 04:00 #24
Andrew vs. Tuerss: Sprawl

The second of the two 1v1 matches between me and Tuerss (rawdanguer). I think this game contains even less skills than the first one. =P The only thing I have to say is that this was a close game that came down to the wire. Tuerss, you played really well, and you nearly beat me.

Songs used:
Red Light - David Nail
Backwoods - Justin Moore

Enjoy! =)

04 Mar 2010 04:46 #25
Where are my sexy gyro skills?

Nahh, good game.

08 Mar 2010 00:26 #26
Random MBG & MBP levels

My first video for Marble Blast Gold and Marble Blast Platinum (yay!). Just showing some random runs I got on eight different levels. Level names and times are listed in the video. None of these are WRs, but all the times are at least under the Platinum/Gold time. Most of the pathways are not by me. I can't remember who created those pathways, but credits to whoever did. =)

As a side note, the runs shown for Take a Stroll and Par Pit were the very first time I ever got under Ultimate Time for those levels. So those runs are particularly special for me. =)

Song used:
American Saturday Night - Brad Paisley

Enjoy! =)

08 Mar 2010 01:08 #27
Great job!

• Thank you received: 64
11 Mar 2010 00:06 #28
Nice vids!
I subbed.

11 Mar 2010 02:31 #29
Great job!

13 Mar 2010 03:03 #30
Cro-Mag Rally: Jungle (Stone Age)

With MBO (and the rest of InstantAction) down for maintenance, I thought I would do a non-MB related video. This shows a race in the game Cro-Mag Rally, made by Pangea Software, and also my first non-Marble Blast video.

I used to play this game when it came bundled on an old iMac G3 my family used to own. This was a long time ago - 7-8 years at least. Recently I decided to try the game again, so I downloaded a shareware version of the game. I've been performing surprisingly well on it, considering the length of time since the last time I tried it. Though my driving skills still aren't that great, as you'll see in the video. =P

The basic premise of the game is this: you (the player) are a caveman racing through different periods of ancient history. There are three stages: the Stone Age, the Bronze Age, and the Iron Age. Each stage contains three racecourses that you must pass. Only the Stone Age is playable at the start, you must complete a few objectives in order to unlock the others. First, you must come in 1st place in the race, and second, you must collect all eight arrowheads. Both of these things you must do for all three courses in each stage. You can attack your opponents with different types of weapons to knock them off course, while avoiding the weapons they aim at you. There are other types of obstacles unique to each course, such as cannons and dust devils. You can choose between two caveman characters (male and female) and several types of vehicles.

The Jungle racecourse (shown here) is part of the Stone Age. This was the first time I was able to get in first place AND get all the arrowheads. More Cro-Mag rally videos will come in the following days. The songs are from this game; the first one is the song actually used in-game for this course.

Enjoy! =)

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 1.146 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.