file iMacmatician's videos

• Thank you received: 52
16 Aug 2009 01:32 #151
Speed Attack loop exit needs to be tested in a real run.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• iMacmatician
  • iMacmatician's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Marbler
  • Expert Marbler
  • Thank you received: 14
18 Aug 2009 01:59 #152
Survival of the Fittest epic close miss!!

The run says it all.

Notes: I think the run could have been saved by jumping/rolling on the blue, yellow, or gray pillars. I've only managed one successful traplaunch, and that was a 17.68.

A time can be beaten, but a path can't be rediscovered. The best path stays forever.

• Thank you received: 0
18 Aug 2009 02:02 #153
aww.

• Thank you received: 18
18 Aug 2009 02:19 #154
Nice try! You probably could have saved the run, but that would have caused you to get no where near a WR.

• iMacmatician
  • Expert Marbler
  • Expert Marbler
18 Aug 2009 02:23 #155
I would still be more than happy with a 8.xx.

A time can be beaten, but a path can't be rediscovered. The best path stays forever.

18 Aug 2009 02:59 #156
Nice try dude, too bad it failed =/

So fast...
WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

• iMacmatician
  • Expert Marbler
  • Expert Marbler
02 Sep 2009 02:43 #157
Marble Blast Levels 3

12 Marble Blast Gold levels:
Learning to Roll (3.12), Money Tree (44.25), Fan Lift (10.73), Freeway Crossing (5.07), Stepping Stones (11.21), Obstacle Course (5.65), Slip 'n Slide (4.84), Around the World in 30 seconds (10.62), A-Maze-ing (2.68), Mudslide (12.42), Daedalus (11.87), and Pathways (24.98).

Notes:
Learning to Roll: Easier than the regular edge hit path for me. There are two ways of doing this: jumping on the trim or jumping right next to the trim. I believe I have 3.12 using either tweak (PR is 3.11), and I think it can just go sub-3.10. The trim path can be done in Bumper Training for about the same time. (One time (today) I hit the bumper too and got 2.76.)
Money Tree: Can be done 4 seconds faster with a low launcher bump. Another tweak can save about 1 second, and there are other tweaks that may or may not save time... and with faster speed on top of all those, I think 38.xx is possible.
Freeway Crossing: Went OOB since that's needed for this path (block timings). Missing the moving platforms near the end is tough for me and that's why I didn't go diagonal.
Stepping Stones: About .5 second can be saved from not rebounding twice in the same place after the last gem.
Around the World in 30 seconds: A while ago I suddenly got a really good time, maybe 11.xx or 12.0x. I tried to beat that time but all my good attempts were about half a second slower. I later learned that not touching the blue areas help with speed. There is a slowdown around the last gem.
Mudslide: Adustalarm's edge hit (at least my variant of it) was easier than I thought. Going under after the 3rd gem instead of going over saves about .2 second, and the Super Jump tweak for an easier finish spends about .2 second. From the missed run, you can see another time saver right after the 3rd gem.
Pathways: 1.00 second better than my previous video. Like Stepping Stones, about .5 second can be saved by not rebounding twice in the same place after the gravity modifier after the edge hit. A second edge hit saves maybe a bit under half a second and jumping on the elevator before the 3rd gem would save a bit more time, so if I did those, I could get sub-24. I actually jumped on the last gem since I didn't curve early enough and I thought I might not get enough lateral movement to hit the finish before I fell too far.

Songs: Survivor - Eye of the Tiger and Kenny Loggins - Danger Zone

Marble Blast Levels 4 (MBP levels) coming hopefully tomorrow!

02 Sep 2009 02:47 #158
That was epic! Really looking forward to the MBP runs.

02 Sep 2009 02:51 #159
Very nice!

Edit: Dahh! Pablo! You ninja'd me while i was watching the video.

02 Sep 2009 02:53 #160
some amazing times you got there, and nice edge hits!

• iMacmatician
  • Expert Marbler
  • Expert Marbler
05 Sep 2009 20:44 #161
Marble Blast Levels 4

14 MBP levels:
Recoil Training (16.17), Keep on Rollin' (7.42), Battlecube (19.06), Technoropes (13.70), Byzantine Helix (7.93), Convoluted Helix (8.82), Astroflight (21.48), Floor Climb (40.73), Bumpy Highway (16.20), Dragged Up! (12.23), Divergence (4.40), Battlecube Revisited (49.31), Slippery Steps (15.51), and Dizzying Heights (33.78).

Notes:
Recoil Training: The 4th gem platform can be done in 2 natural bounces instead of 3, and I screwed up near the end but then I got a nice drop to the finish. So I can do sub-16.
Keep on Rollin': I don't go diagonal before the TM, but it's still my best catch (with several other 7.42's)
Battlecube: Learned how to minimize rebounding at the 4th gem (TM catch is about .5 better than older runs)
Technoropes: I roll on Go instead of jump since when rolling gives more traction and control, at least for me
Byzantine Helix: I like this path, but I don't like to do it, since I always fall just short of the finish. During my attempts, I realized that a certain specific jump and angle pattern gives me a much higher probability of getting to the finish (which I've probably used before but forgot, and I might have forgotten it by now... ).
Astroflight: One of the two levels here I wasn't really good at. That's all over now, although I might be able to do another .5 seconds faster.
Floor Climb: Regislian might have used this Jump Boost tweak (and 2 edge hits) to get his 38.xx. Can be done faster if I Jump Boost high, skillshot the diamond, and rebound to the tightrope.
Bumpy Highway: The other level I wasn't good at. End could have been faster.
Divergence: I can't do the edge hit for the 3.xx path for some reason, so I improvised and edge hit elsewhere. I also jump on a different trim than for the 3.xx path.
Battlecube Revisited: Like Par Pit and Frictional Battlecube, this is another old path I found (independently of others) that has been revised (although not quite as much as the other levels). The most significant tweak is not getting the 15th diamond until the end, since the ending path goes over that diamond. That tweak also means I don't use the Jump Boost after the 14th diamond, which gives me a direct angle to the 16th (17th before tweak) diamond rather than taking a small turn to get the Jump Boost next to it. The end part on the green surface could have been done diagonally. I nearly missed the finish for some reason, probably due to excessive angle/spin.
Slippery Steps: Very noticeable pause at 3rd diamond, since I didn't want to miss the second edge hit. Can go sub-15.
Dizzying Heights: After the first nuke hit, I almost got stuck to the side. The bit where the 2nd TM is on seems to be angled or something, since I get rebounded at an angle. In this run, the rebound was enough so that I thought I would miss the nuke. To my surprise I didn't, with a hit that went straight up towards the finish.

Songs: Billy Joel - We Didn't Start the Fire (anyone else heard this in history class?), 2-4 Grooves - Writing on the Wall (St. Elmo's Fire), Europe - The Final Countdown 2000

• iMacmatician
  • Expert Marbler
  • Expert Marbler
23 Sep 2009 23:43 #162
Survival of the Fittest (10.32)

After many days of no luck, one day I was able to hit 3 successful runs and one close miss, the best time being 10.32.

This is the first of a number of short videos.

23 Sep 2009 23:49 #163
Nice traplaunch!

23 Sep 2009 23:56 #164
great launch!

24 Sep 2009 04:05 #165
Nice job! That must have been exciting.

• iMacmatician
  • Expert Marbler
  • Expert Marbler
25 Sep 2009 03:17 #166
Pitfalls (11.02)

Story:

Months ago I was able to do the wall/edge-hit on Pitfalls for the first time (no wall-hit at the start). The best time I got using that path was 11.26, on my second successful run. That's because I quickly switched to an easier path where I rolled just before and lightly hit the wall at the start*, then just hit the wall/edge (rather than jumping right before it and doing a wall-hit). I got many mid-11's with a best time of 11.26, but I couldn't beat that no matter what.

Not long ago, I learned the jump pattern that Pascal and others use to rebound off the start wall quickly. This pattern and the rest of the path was harder than the previous path (still a hit not a wall-hit at the wall/edge), but I got the hang of it.

* I hit the wall because if I don't go far back enough at the start, I don't get enough speed to make it over the wall when just hitting it.

25 Sep 2009 13:49 #167
good job!

25 Sep 2009 18:11 #168
Very impressive!

25 Sep 2009 18:32 #169
Nice one!! 11.72 is my best time

• iMacmatician
  • Expert Marbler
  • Expert Marbler
27 Sep 2009 05:56 #170
Mudslide (11.09)

Previously I couldn't do the shortcut for low-11. Then I figured out the jump pattern for it, and it turned out to be pretty easy.

Notes:
A weird thing happened after the first gem, I jump from the second mud slant straight to the fourth one without first jumping on the third one as I always do
Personal best is 11.07 (without the weird tweak)

27 Sep 2009 11:13 #171
OMG nice one!!

27 Sep 2009 19:48 #172
Good job. Best is better tho, w/o the jump at the start, and a tweak on the mud (find it )

28 Sep 2009 00:03 #173
Nice job!

• iMacmatician
  • Expert Marbler
  • Expert Marbler
30 Sep 2009 01:58 #174
Tango (9.59)

Notes:
I tried to get a good jumping pattern for a low time.
The last part went farther to the right than what usually happens.

30 Sep 2009 02:21 #175
try the 3.xx path but otherwise nice.

30 Sep 2009 03:04 #176
Nice for the full path!

30 Sep 2009 10:05 #177
Nice run!

• iMacmatician
  • Expert Marbler
  • Expert Marbler
03 Oct 2009 17:58 #178
Skate Park (28.23)

An old path with recent modifications (exit 1st bowl after 2 gems instead of 3, wall-hit after 1st bowl exit, path and jump pattern for 2nd bowl, end jump pattern).

Notes:
I forgot the jump pattern for the first part that gets to the 7th gem in 10.xx. During my attempts, I figured it out again.
The 13th gem can be gotten at the very end with no loss in time.

03 Oct 2009 18:50 #179
awesome job!

04 Oct 2009 03:50 #180
Great path!

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 1.115 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.