• Experienced Marbler
  • click the sergals
More
05 Nov 2015 20:38 #31 by MBCollector672
MBCollector672 replied the topic: Rozi's Videos
Rozi, just so you know, I subbed :D

wait i need a signature?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nockess

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Battlecube314
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • 100% Gold/Ultimate/Awesome!!
More
06 Nov 2015 04:54 #32 by Battlecube314
Battlecube314 replied the topic: Rozi's Videos
Nice job on that level! It kind of reminds me of "Half Pipe X" from Marble Blast Advanced.

• Nockess
  • Nockess's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Marbler
  • Elite Marbler
  • Girl
More
18 Nov 2015 15:56 #33 by Nockess
Nockess replied the topic: Rozi's Videos

Remember my old full rampage of Marble Blast Ultimate Quest!
Here's comes a second one!!

I decided to run through the entirety of Marble Blast Ultimate Quest and put it on video since every time in my first rampages were certainly beatable by a long ways, and I was correct! Today I bring you the second rampage of Matthieu Parizeau's unreleased and dead mod with a couple new paths and some awesome times compared to the first video. If I get permissions from the creator, I will release this as an incomplete mod, but for now, I'm one of the only ones who gets the mod.
Enjoy the video!

Song Used:
Reunion Finale Remix (RoziGames)

Level Notes:
Learning to Roll: The edge hit was a bit tricky, but obviously doable. Pretty sure the run can go lower as far as MY gameplay.

Gem Collection: I kept trying to to wall hits off the trim which always resulted in actually jumping over the trim, so I quit that.

Sump Jumping: Getting this good of a time is harder than it looks. Not rolling forward until you're surely past the top of the platform is key.

Flying Lesson: This was the best time my computer could get with its IC. Since I'm getting a new computer soon, my IC level may change.

Extra Speed: It's hard to use the Super Speed to get to the finish like this without hitting the wall a couple times.

Shock Absorber: I was surprised to see that this path was faster than the one used in the first rampage. Then again, the first rampage was on my older computer.

Bounce Control: I would have loved to get a good time on video while looking up instead of straight down, but alignment's easier when you're not looking up.

Frictionalized: My guess is that the faster path is to hit the edge closer to the start pad off of a jump, but that was a little too hard for me.

Gravitized: I'm guessing that doing a wall hit off of the platform with the finish after getting the second gem could be faster, but I never thought about that when I was recording.

Upward: It's quite tricky to just charge at the Time Travel on the trim like I did without just going off the end or hitting the corner of the wall, and I was surprised to see that I got that on my third or so attempt.

Oranged Gems: I'm certain that this can improve, but I don't know what part of the run I can tweak to make it faster.

Gemlings: My ultimate goal for this level was to get under a minute, and boy, I was really surprised to see that I got almost 7 seconds under my goal looking at how bad the run in the first rampage was. Now let's go for under 50 seconds...

First player ever to get all of the Awesome Times.

• 1will2000will1
  • Beginner Marbler
  • Beginner Marbler
More
18 Nov 2015 16:32 #34 by 1will2000will1
1will2000will1 replied the topic: Rozi's Videos
There's a PQ and a UQ? I didn't know that. Also, nice runs and good job at your times!

Marble Blaster Since 2003
Skype - will99100

• Kalle29
  • I blame ping for losing
More
18 Nov 2015 17:09 #35 by Kalle29
Kalle29 replied the topic: Rozi's Videos
@Rozi, I like that you now have good video quality, the last one was kinda annoying to look at due to the choppy way the video played, and good improvements

@will Matt basically stole the name from PQ ;)

༼ ͡◕ ͜ ʖ ͡◕༽ You have been visited by the Nivea™ Donger of moisture. Soft skin and good fortune will come to you, but only if you post "thank you Mr. Skeltal" in this thread ༼ ͡◕ ͜ ʖ ͡◕༽

• 1will2000will1
  • Beginner Marbler
  • Beginner Marbler
More
18 Nov 2015 17:34 #36 by 1will2000will1
1will2000will1 replied the topic: Rozi's Videos

Kalle29 wrote:
@will Matt basically stole the name from PQ ;)

That Makes Sense. Soon there will be a MBXPQ and a PQQ.

Marble Blaster Since 2003
Skype - will99100

• Nockess
  • Elite Marbler
  • Elite Marbler
  • Girl
More
18 Nov 2015 19:40 #37 by Nockess

Kalle29 wrote:
@Rozi, I like that you now have good video quality, the last one was kinda annoying to look at due to the choppy way the video played, and good improvments

Thanks, Kalle.

Yes, blame Open Broadcaster Software for that. I figured out using Action is better than OBS.
Also, don't try and talk me into Bandicam. ;)

1will2000will1 wrote:

That Makes Sense. Soon there will be a MBXPQ and a PQQ.

Marble Blast XP Quest
Platinum Quest Quarkfails

• Battlecube314
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • 100% Gold/Ultimate/Awesome!!
More
19 Nov 2015 04:16 - 19 Nov 2015 04:16 #38 by Battlecube314
Battlecube314 replied the topic: Rozi's Videos
Nice job on those MBUQ runs! It's too bad that modification died. Some of those levels looked cool, especially that last one. Do you plan to release it to the public (or MBS) soon?
Last Edit: 19 Nov 2015 04:16 by Battlecube314.

• Nockess
  • Elite Marbler
  • Elite Marbler
  • Girl
More
19 Nov 2015 14:58 #39 by Nockess

Xx_M.O.T.B._xX wrote:
Nice job on those MBUQ runs! It's too bad that modification died. Some of those levels looked cool, especially that last one. Do you plan to release it to the public (or MBS) soon?

Personally, I'd love to release MBUQ and MBS (though MBUQ would be more like an incomplete level pack because of its low progress), but certainly I need permission for both mods from Matthieu Parizeau (who lead both projects). I have high hopes about MBS, and MBUQ is kind of "ehhhh" to me.

• Nockess
  • Elite Marbler
  • Elite Marbler
  • Girl
More
28 Nov 2015 23:10 - 28 Nov 2015 23:11 #40 by Nockess

Another rampage!

This time I've decided to run through the 10 normal levels in Gerson's Level Compilation, which is also known as Marble Blast GLC. Some of these certainly took a while, and I'm happy I finally got this done.
This was originally going to be a full rampage of Gerson's Level Compilation, but that would be too many recordings (so I would lose pretty much all the space left on my hard drive) and Windows Movie Maker does do well with a bunch of .mp4 files in one project.

Level Notes:

Upper Swivel
Nothing about this run was extremely hard at all. I was surprised to find out that I nailed the edge hit in under 10 attempts.

Combo Trick
I was at the point where this recording was taking over 20 minutes, and so I wasn't rushing at some of the parts due to gameplay boredom, thus making the run easily improvable.

Ascent
It's unfortunate that it took like 10 minutes to realize the huge shortcut with the edge hit and the super speed.

Twisted Reality
The last set of the "angled jumps" could easily be improved. Again, I was getting bored of the level.

Learning Curve
I couldn't really find a path that was any faster than original path. I tried, but nothing good turned out for me. I'm not really that guy who's amazing at this kind of stuff.

Ascentor Mentor
Ah, the good old days of Ascentor Mentor. This certainly turned out better than the first run I did on video (somewhere on my channel) and there weren't too many bloopers on camera.

Glacial Climb
Certainly the most annoying level to record especially because the trim RIGHT NEXT to the ice just killed half my runs. Originally I was going to do a wall hit of the steps at the beginning to get to the first gem, but using the Super Jump was easier and it saved a little bit of time. Also very improvable because my best catch for the Time Modifier is in the 25's.

Mirror Supreme
Very annoying to record because my game kept lagging ON THIS LEVEL and the fans at the end were worse than hell. Whoop-de-doo...

Tower Movement
This was that one level that was annoyingly big, a pain to record, but it's that one fun level that you love.... How nice.

Songs Used:
Everybody Bounce (Waterflame)
Sunrise (Waterflame)
Telescope (ThisIsTheFatRat)

Last Edit: 28 Nov 2015 23:11 by Nockess.

More
30 Nov 2015 05:06 #41 by Endy
Endy replied the topic: Rozi's Videos
Nice job on Twisted Reality!

• Nockess
  • Elite Marbler
  • Elite Marbler
  • Girl
More
10 Dec 2015 01:18 #42 by Nockess
Marble Blast Custom Levels 5 is out! :lol:

More
10 Dec 2015 01:37 #43 by elnathan
elnathan replied the topic: Rozi's Videos
Great job! i spent the entire time trying to remember what music it was, because i had that feeling, "i've totally heard this somewhere but i have no idea what is is,"

was it Animusic? because if it is, holy wow, i haven't heard that for like 7 years.

i have a flickr

• Nockess
  • Elite Marbler
  • Elite Marbler
  • Girl
More
10 Dec 2015 02:30 - 10 Dec 2015 02:31 #44 by Nockess
The music is indeed Animusic which was a duo of films that basically brought the joy of music and animation to my life.

Songs are (in order):
Acoustic Curves (Animusic 1, track 6)
Starship Groove (Animusic 2, track 1)
Pipe Dreams (Animusic 1, track 5)
Glad you enjoyed the video!

Last Edit: 10 Dec 2015 02:31 by Nockess.

• Weather
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
More
10 Dec 2015 03:46 #45 by Weather
Weather replied the topic: Rozi's Videos
ANIMUSIC YEEES!

Great job on the video. ;)

• Nockess
  • Elite Marbler
  • Elite Marbler
  • Girl
More
30 Dec 2015 16:20 #46 by Nockess

A small compilation featuring some of the levels in Marble Blast Ultra (though played in Marble Blast Platinum). Hope you enjoy!

Notes:

Three Fold Maze - I was originally shooting for under 19 seconds, though the ending was done faster than usual, and I nailed a couple tweaks. Overall decently happy with the outcome.

Scaffold - This level was annoying. Either I got a pretty bad catch and completed the level, or I got a pretty good catch and I choked near the end. I still have a record of 0.868, though I can easily go lower.

Slick Slide - I was very lucky to clip the end of the slanted trim. This got me to the finish a tiny bit faster than jumping on the ice and rolling up the platform.

Tree House - I've gotten lower in the past before recording (with a time of 31.041), and I haven't gotten anywhere near that now. So obviously there's a tweak or to that I need, though I'm too blind to figure out what it is. I'm done with this level anyway.

Ramps Reloaded - Basically going for under 15 seconds. I don't have the patience anymore to do the wall hit on the slanted platform edge right after the super jump like in the world record pathway, I just settled without the wall hit. This is better than my time on Marble Blast Gold's Ramps Reloaded.

Daedalus - This run was inspired by Rigel's video, though I can't get anywhere near his time. What I can do faster is the jump pattern on the slanted platforms before the 3rd gem, though I can't find the right jump pattern. Still happy with this run.

Battlements - Saving the best run for last. This run can certainly be improved. Of course the traplaunch can be better, but I'm looking aside from that. I used the blast a little too early which I'm a little unhappy about. This run still gave me a very nice time.

• LegoCreator768
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Always on technology
More
30 Dec 2015 17:24 #47 by LegoCreator768
LegoCreator768 replied the topic: Rozi's Videos
Very nice runs! I liked Scaffold and Three Fold Maze. but they're all so good! :D

• Nockess
  • Elite Marbler
  • Elite Marbler
  • Girl
More
06 Jan 2016 21:51 - 06 Jan 2016 22:43 #48 by Nockess

Learning: Movement - Probably a better jumping pattern I can use to get a better time.

Learning: Jumping - The edge hit can be certainly improved.

Learning: Super Speeds - I've had many better attempts. Of course, on all of them, I hit the edge of the platform holding the finish. That's my luck.

Learning: Super Jumps - Not much to mention. Can improve.

Learning: Gyrocopters - I got a very embarrassing time here. My best is something like 4.06. Basically the fact that I was recording gave me a worse time.

Learning: Super Bounces - I've had the idea of using the Super Bounce with the edge hit so I can go faster, but I haven't actually tried that yet.

Learning: Shock Absorbers - Maybe hitting the trim pillar and bouncing back to the finish might be faster?

Learning: Gravity - My best is 3.87 (I think) with this path, mainly because I go faster before the 2nd Gravity Modifier.

Learning: Time Travels - Yes, I got more time for each Time Travel than I said. Basically because I've activated a couple skills and mastery points to do this.

Learning: Gems - My best time with this path. Can improve with this path, and I may be able to find a better path sometime.

Learning: Frictions - There's a couple tweaks I can use to improve this path, but otherwise, there's not much that can make this go faster.

Learning: Bumpers - If I'm correct, Regi use the bumper closest to the start pad to get a sub-2 time, but I think the path I took is okay.

Learning: Fans - I still haven't found out what is faster for the last fan (the one that shoots you up). Jumping and hitting the side, rolling and hitting the side, or jumping over it.

Learning: Tornados - I found out that rolling towards the tornado that brought me to the higher platform was faster than jumping to it.

Learning: Mines - This run's a little annoying. The power you get when you hit the mine is random every time. Fortunately, this didn't take to long. I'm positive this can improve, and I'm pretty sure you can get to the finish with the first mine.

Learning: Trapdoors - I've thought about doing an edge hit to grab the first time travel, but I really haven't focused too much on it. I was just wanted to get a sub 5 run.

Learning: Spinning in Air - I used to be doing a path where I jump after hitting the ground after being released off the start pad, but getting the time travel was way to hard, and just regularly rolling off the platform like I did in the video was faster (but not in this run).
Sorry I forgot the level name and final time.

Learning: Terrain - This is probably my favorite tutorial level, mainly because the edge hit to the finish is a lot of fun to do. I also bounced twice in my start jumping pattern so I could make it across the first gap.

Learning: Wall Hits - Not completely sure how you get a sub 5 run on this level. I think you do an edge hit to the finish after the wall hit.

Learning: Edge Hits - By doing a wall hit on the wall where the first edge hit is, you can skip like two thirds of the level. I've only done it once, and unfortunately I was not recording.

Learning: Diagonal Movement - There's most likely a better jumping pattern one can use to hit the first slope and get to the third platform, but I couldn't find one that would work.

Last Edit: 06 Jan 2016 22:43 by Nockess.

• Weather
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
More
06 Jan 2016 22:45 #49 by Weather
Weather replied the topic: Rozi's Videos
Why are there red flashes in the video?

• CheepFishMBP
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Experienced Marbler
More
06 Jan 2016 22:53 #50 by CheepFishMBP
CheepFishMBP replied the topic: Rozi's Videos
It means that the clock is about to pass the Expert/(Qualify) Time.

• Nockess
  • Elite Marbler
  • Elite Marbler
  • Girl
More
06 Jan 2016 23:01 #51 by Nockess

Weather wrote:
Why are there red flashes in the video?

It means that there's 5 seconds left until you pass the Expert time (one flash per second).

Say my current time is 19 seconds, expert time is 26 seconds. The red flashes around the edge of the screen will start when I'm at 21 seconds. Expert time has passed when the "You failed the Expert Time!" message pops up.

• Nockess
  • Elite Marbler
  • Elite Marbler
  • Girl
More
13 Jan 2016 17:23 #52 by Nockess

• Ralph
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Matan's Fervent Fan
More
13 Jan 2016 21:38 #53 by Ralph
Ralph replied the topic: Rozi's Videos
I saw it and I liked it!

You forget a thousand things everyday. Make sure Marble Blast isn't one of 'em.

On Twitter : @RalphiBoy27
Now on Instagram : ralphfrommb

Ralph's Improved PQ Sound Pack : marbleblast.com/index.php/forum/mbdk-sounds/9663-ralph-s-improved-pq-sound-pack-now-out-for-download#142246

• Kalle29
  • I blame ping for losing
More
13 Jan 2016 22:07 #54 by Kalle29
Kalle29 replied the topic: Rozi's Videos
neat, some of those paths were completely new to me. Could do without the red edge though :p

༼ ͡◕ ͜ ʖ ͡◕༽ You have been visited by the Nivea™ Donger of moisture. Soft skin and good fortune will come to you, but only if you post "thank you Mr. Skeltal" in this thread ༼ ͡◕ ͜ ʖ ͡◕༽

• Nockess
  • Elite Marbler
  • Elite Marbler
  • Girl
More
27 Jan 2016 19:09 #55 by Nockess
Marble Blast Custom Levels 6 is out!

• Nockess
  • Elite Marbler
  • Elite Marbler
  • Girl
More
29 Jan 2016 15:30 #56 by Nockess
Back with the second video of the week. Won't happen very much. :)

• Nockess
  • Elite Marbler
  • Elite Marbler
  • Girl
More
12 Feb 2016 15:11 #57 by Nockess

This runs shows how I got 2.5xx on Fubar's Learning: Mines.

More
13 Feb 2016 00:52 #58 by Lee
Lee replied the topic: Rozi's Videos
da fuq

Wow. How.. wh.. but.. wha.. WHAT?!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Xedron

More
13 Feb 2016 01:30 #59 by Nature Freak
Nature Freak replied the topic: Rozi's Videos
It glitched. That's what happened.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nockess, Xedron

• Nockess
  • Elite Marbler
  • Elite Marbler
  • Girl
More
13 Feb 2016 03:14 #60 by Nockess

LeeKnot wrote:
da fuq
Wow. How.. wh.. but.. wha.. WHAT?!

If you hit your respawn key right as you hit a mine, you get shot up like so.
I think that the power/high you get from a mine launch/hit thing like this depends on the actual mine. I tried 5 different mines, 4/5 having the same height every time (1 mine's height is different from another, but the same mine will shoot you up the same (or near the same) height every time) no matter how fast I ran into it. The 5 one I couldn't figure out if it was the same height or not. This 5th one was the one used in the video.

It could also be random, I dunno. :)

Moderators: Kalle29AayrlRegislian