file Nockess' Videos

• Nockess
  • Nockess's Avatar Topic Author
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Girl
More
27 Mar 2016 19:57 #61 by Nockess
Nockess replied the topic: Rosalyn's Videos (CLA Movie 2!)

Welcome back! Today I've completed the sequel to the video which has been doing the best on my channel, which does by the name of "Marble Blast Gold - Custom Levels Archive Movie!".
MBG CLA Movie 1 had quite the number of mistakes embarrassingly, so I double checked the entire video before exporting so there weren't any mistakes. Fortunately, I did the editing correctly, though the only major downfall of this video is the number of lagspikes there are. Strangely, I also have a number of screenshot glitches, so I can just make the excuse that every lag spike is me taking a screenshot. Obviously, it's not that way. You will find the screenshot glitches in Wild Ride, Helicopter Hopper, Queen of the Mountain, and Vortex (there's probably another one I forgot). Any screenshot glitch looking things in any of the other levels are lagspikes.
Another big difference between the first and second MBG CLA Movie is that I've tried much harder on this video to get as low of a time on every level played unlike the first video. Each level can go lower undoubtedly, but the level of effort put into this video is much more than MBG CLA Movie 1.
With that said, sit back and relax and chill out for 15 minutes. This is gonna be one hell of a video.

First player ever to get all of the Awesome Times.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• StewMan46
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
More
27 Mar 2016 22:52 #62 by StewMan46
StewMan46 replied the topic: Rosalyn's Videos (CLA Movie 2!)
Very nice runs! You're actually decent!

• hPerks
  • Expert Marbler
  • Expert Marbler
  • getting the joj done
More
28 Mar 2016 00:06 #63 by hPerks
hPerks replied the topic: Rosalyn's Videos (CLA Movie 2!)
Wow, this is impressive! Some nice times in there. Thanks for putting my levels in :)

"it's funny how the super monkey ball game without monkeys is the one that attracts more furries" - eblu 2018

Watch my videos here! - NEW: av'is levels: the movie!
Download my levels here! - NEW: Specific Gravity
Listen to my music here! - NEW: Memory Lane

• Nockess
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Girl
More
09 Apr 2016 02:13 #64 by Nockess
Marble Blast Gold - 4 CLA Levels

Today I bring a rather short video, but the 4 runs featured here are all pretty sweet. I present to you Shimmy Reloaded (34.14), Frublox's QuArKed Course (6.26), Dynamics (27.75), and Climbing Supreme (22.17).
Sorry it's not much to offer, but at least it's something. :)

Notes:

Shimmy Reloaded: A pretty mediocre run if you ask me. I had pretty bad framerate while recording. I also have no idea how I got as far as the second gem after the mine hit.

Frublox's QuArKed Course: This was my best run on this level yet. Tiny chance it can go under 6 seconds, but I highly doubt it.

Dynamics: One part here I was super lucky on (jump and landing from the second gem). I could've gone faster to get the last 3 gems, but overall I'm decently happy with this run.

Climbing Supreme: Again, there's a couple parts I could've tweaked but i couldn't perform them with the framerate I was getting. I'm pretty sure under 20 seconds is possible somehow.

• hPerks
  • Expert Marbler
  • Expert Marbler
  • getting the joj done
More
09 Apr 2016 02:36 #65 by hPerks
Lots of nostalgia for me with these levels. The runs were very nice and Climbing Supreme looks like it would frustrate me to no end. Glad to see people still rifling through these old CLA levels. :)

"it's funny how the super monkey ball game without monkeys is the one that attracts more furries" - eblu 2018

• Nockess
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Girl
More
18 Apr 2016 15:09 - 23 Sep 2016 02:15 #66 by Nockess
New video!
This one's dedicated to LeeZX as a reply to his video. :)

Marble Blast Stop - Beginner Levels

Had the first half of this compilation as an unfinished project in Movie Maker for a couple weeks, and today I finally decided to step up my game and complete the video. Every time recorded in this video is world record for its level as of April 17th, 2016.
Been having a good time playing this mod. There's dozens of levels to offer, the replayability on some levels is great (though a lot of the texturing sucks :P), and the level of challenge here and there is perfect. Looking forward for more from Jiquor.
Aside from that, enjoy the first part of my Marble Blast Stop rampage (probably won't continue :P). Version 1.01 of Marble Blast Stop is played.

Level Notes:

Learn to Roll: I think this could be improved by more than it looks like. The edge hit could go lower.

Jump Training: Overall a solid run. Very happy with the outcome.

Diamonds!!: Also pretty happy with this run, though a couple tweaks could bring it to perfection.

Jump Boosts: Another run I'm very happy about. Will be hard to improve by at least .1 seconds.

Spring Fever: If I changed the beginning of the run somehow, I believe a run under 9.50 is possible, but that's going to be very difficult.

Windy Day: MAYBE the ending (everything after the last gem) could be faster to grab an under 12 second run.

Trampoline Gizmo: I had a 5.05 or 5.06 run off camera, though I don't know what I did differently than this run to get it. Maybe sub-5 possible?

Acquire the Wall Hit: Not really sure what I can improve to make a faster run other than to just go faster in general.
I also just realize the "I" in "Hit" is capitalized. Whoops. :|

Sticky Sponge: Just like Trampoline Gizmo, I have no idea what I did differently than all my other runs (on and off camera) to get under 7 seconds. I cannot do it again...

It's a Trap!: Improvable, but I don't know if there's anything else than just to go faster to improve.

The Airless Vacumm of Space: Hard to improve as weird as it sounds. "Vacuum" is spelled wrong as well.

Kaboom! Factory: If I could make contact with another mine in the perfect place, I could manage a run under 5 seconds. Gonna be very, very hard though.

The Bumpers: The Super Jump part could be much faster, though I'm still pretty happy with this run.

Dynamite Booster: Very happy I finally got this over with. I kept using the 3rd Super Speed too early, so I wouldn't get the gem or I'd go too high.

Muddy Marble: There's a possibility I can pull off an edge hit on one of the mud platforms in the future, but otherwise I'm not coming back to this level to improve it.
Sweet edge hit though! :D

Diagonal Movements: Overall happy with this run. Not much to say.

Scale the Walls: Same with Diagonal Movements.

Gravity Defyers: Aside from improving the ending, there's not much to do to get a faster run.

Time to Qualify: Just...want...0.99...

Pitfalls: Edge hits could be lower, but otherwise there's not much to improve.

Gyrocopters: There's someway I got a run under 12 seconds, but I have ABSOLUTELY no idea how...

Moving Platforms: I was very lucky to pull off this path as it's hard to time the edge hit (even though it was unintentional). Could bring this to perfection if I had enough patience to throw in a traplaunch at the end.

Marble Trivia: Very happy with this run.
...and no, it was a screenshot glitch. Not lag.

Water and Ice: I can manage a run under 12 seconds if I did the ending a bit faster.

The Spill: Not much to say. Not a bad level.

Learn the Edge Hit: I'd love to find a way to avoid the last edge hit. Maybe jumping off the ramp?

The Half Pipe: Really nothing to say here, except that I can't get any more 3.11 catches.

Skymaze I: Sometime in the future someone's going to achieve sub-30 on this level. I don't know how, but I'd love to know.

Stop Signs: This level's pretty mediocre. So was the run. Can improve. :)

The Grand Beginner Quiz: Overall pretty happy with this run. This path was just a starter for me. I'll let someone else do better in the future so I can steal their path. :)

Last Edit: 23 Sep 2016 02:15 by Nockess.

• Nockess
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Girl
More
03 May 2016 00:02 #67 by Nockess

4 completely different runs on one short level that goes by the name of Red Smoothy. It's a fun, quick, and addictive level made by the one and only Jkk39.
Finally found a way to record MBP without bad FPS. Record .recs. :)
Run Notes:

First run (15.602): Basically just a walkthrough of the full path.

Second run (9.569): Found the helicopter while just pooping around to see what kind of path I could do. This run took a surprisingly long time to record because it's hard to get in the hole where the helicopter is and out of it before it's too late to get a sub-10 run.

Third run (6.275): This is Frostfire's path. I couldn't do it any faster than him, but it's still a decent run in general.

Fourth run (5.627): Current World Record for this level as of May 2nd 2016. The edge hit is not that hard to pull off, but it is hard to get a time as low as this (because the edge hit needs to be perfect). Small chance sub-5.5 is possible.

• hPerks
  • Expert Marbler
  • Expert Marbler
  • getting the joj done
More
03 May 2016 03:09 #68 by hPerks
Those were some... smooth runs! (I'm not sorry)

• Ralph
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Matan's Fervent Fan
More
04 May 2016 07:15 #69 by Ralph
Ralph replied the topic: Rosalyn's Videos
OMG, the way you pulled that edge-hit at the end was insane!

You forget a thousand things everyday. Make sure Marble Blast isn't one of 'em.

On Twitter : @RalphiBoy27
Now on Instagram : ralphfrommb

Ralph's Improved PQ Sound Pack : marbleblast.com/index.php/forum/mbdk-sounds/9663-ralph-s-improved-pq-sound-pack-now-out-for-download#142246

• Nockess
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Girl
More
12 May 2016 18:51 #70 by Nockess
Nockess replied the topic: Rosalyn's Videos
Something a little special for you guys.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Lee

More
12 May 2016 21:43 #71 by Lee
Lee replied the topic: Rosalyn's Videos
Wait, why are there 3 gems? lol

More
12 May 2016 21:49 #72 by Nature Freak
Nature Freak replied the topic: Rosalyn's Videos
MBP online has never done anything close to that for me... Do you know why it happened?

• Nockess
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Girl
More
13 May 2016 00:14 - 23 Sep 2016 02:16 #73 by Nockess

Found this lying around on my computer, so might as well upload it. Don't ask why I've uploaded two videos in the same day. I'm not going ballistic.
Level Notes:

Naturetop Retreat: It's hard for me to get this low on video. Since there's so many objects in this level, I get a lower FPS while recording than on a level that isn't as jam-packed with crap. Sub-8's possible.

Ramped Path: Super tough for me to keep the time stopped, especially when I'm in full panic mode because I get a 1.37 catch. The bumper hits were 90% luck.

Cold Climb: There's got to be a better path for this...

Blue World: Someday I will have a computer that's good enough to let me have a change at a 1.59 catch.

Mountain Climbing: From how much I've played the level, I think this is about as low you can get. Awesome blast timing with the music. :D

Gyro Gems: Sub-4 is possible, though it's very hard. Not only is it tricky to get a sub-4 catch, but it's even harder to keep the time stopped. I think the ending was a bit slow.

Broken Ice: It seems like I wasn't going that fast and that I could've easily gotten a better catch, but if you look at how close I was to falling off after the wall hit, you might reconsider.

Mortal Ascent: My OBS teased me and randomly changed the bitrate to 1,000 (it's back at 2,500 like it should be, though maybe I can put it at 4K or 5K), so the quality's pretty bad. As for the run, it was pretty good. I found a decent way to avoid doing an edge hit on the stairs. Something tells me that sub-16 or even sub-15 is possible.

Frozen in Time: It's quite tricky to pull off the tweak at the end, and I had to wait a bit longer than I could've normally because I wouldn't have enough blast power to get all the way up.

Green Climb of the Amateur: Decent run. I can't pull off an edge hit at the end instead of using the Super Jump, but I'll do it eventually.

Ramp Towers: Good time, and not a bad path either. Someone eventually will manage a sub-30 run and I'll have to steal their path.

Platforms: Showed off my old path here because I can't find a better one. Something about this can go much faster but I don't know what.

Ramp Hills: Every compilation needs a combination of an edge hit and a gyrocopter. Got really lucky on the bumper hit at the end.

Devious Patterns: I think I had a path that I couldn't pull off that would give me sub-25, but since it's been so long since I've played MBU, I unfortunately forgot the path. This one will do however.

The Only One: I would love to see someone pull off a stupid-crazy edge hit or just a tweak in general to get something like sub-12, and I know for sure it won't be me.

Up?: I'd love to find out sometime if going straight to the finish or getting a Time Travel (and which one) would be faster. My assumption is the Time Travel path, though I could be wrong.

Hazardous Endurance: It's a fantastic level, but oh my god some parts are just ridiculously annoying. Probably what gets on my nerves the most is the path of the first moving platform. Way to much time taken away. I blasted too early on the final part with the Super Bounce, but I don't care that much about the run.

Blue Terror: I had to wait a little bit at the end to have enough blast power to get to the finish, though I'll get sub-14 some time in the future.

Colorful Nation: As Death Pony proved, this run can certainly go lower. I don't have the patience to improve though.

Journey to the End of Astrolabe: I think it's impossible to finish this way in the latest version of MBU because the base of the finish is inside the platform. However the Dev Build (which I still have) features an edit by Matt that fixes this problem, so here I was able to do this path. I think this is the first run on YouTube of this level with a sub-40 time (even better, sub-39!).

NatureFreak wrote:
MBP online has never done anything close to that for me... Do you know why it happened?

My best guess is probably Buzzmusic's Powerup Facility. Really buggy level for me because of the helicopter part.

Last Edit: 23 Sep 2016 02:16 by Nockess.

• Xedron
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Level Creator & Speedrunner
More
13 May 2016 00:40 #74 by Xedron
Xedron replied the topic: Rosalyn's Videos

Rosalyn wrote:
Something a little special for you guys.

PQ in a nutshell, I see?

"cna you salt spalt the slevel salt of 6 year salt who ca salt the lsat" - nobody, 2017

• hPerks
  • Expert Marbler
  • Expert Marbler
  • getting the joj done
More
13 May 2016 01:31 #75 by hPerks
hPerks replied the topic: Rosalyn's Videos
That MBU compilation is fantastic! A lot of great paths and runs there, and some nice levels too! Your description was kinda bumming me out a bit though with all that self-criticism -- give yourself some credit once in a while :P

The following user(s) said Thank You: Nockess

• Nockess
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Girl
More
17 May 2016 16:39 #76 by Nockess

• Nockess
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Girl
More
20 May 2016 00:24 - 23 Sep 2016 02:16 #77 by Nockess

Last Edit: 23 Sep 2016 02:16 by Nockess.

More
20 May 2016 10:57 #78 by Robert
Robert replied the topic: Rosalyn's Videos
Meatball Facility and The Ultimate Meatball... Congratulations... You broke Marble Blast...

:>
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nockess

• Nockess
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Girl
More
08 Jun 2016 14:18 #79 by Nockess

Here's a video revealing my path for what I think is the hardest level as of Build 40000. This gave me some trouble, but I was really surprised to see that this only took me around 10 minutes to record (got lucky in some places) rather than the 45-60 minutes that I had expected.
Overall pretty happy with this run. It could go faster in a couple places which would reward me with a sub-1:30 run (even excluding Time Warp*), but I believe this is good for now. Enjoy the video!
*Time Warp: A Level 90 skill that will take away 1 second from your final time as long as it's longer than 5 seconds. I know that in the video I wasn't level 90 yet, but I still had the skill from before the stats reset.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Lee

• Nockess
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Girl
More
09 Jun 2016 21:43 #80 by Nockess

Here's my path for Courageous Movement. I'll be honest, I have no idea how good this time is (I don't even know if it IS good - hopefully it is), but it's a sweet path and I'm very proud of it.
The hardest part is certainly the checkpoint hit at around 30 seconds into the video because it's hard to have the right amount of speed and height to do the rest of the icy part correctly. I failed on this part so many times to the point where if I got a decent final time, I would be done recording. Obviously this can go sub-40 because the ending was very slow, but I'll improve that later on.
Enjoy the video!

• Nockess
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Girl
More
22 Jun 2016 20:18 #81 by Nockess
Forgot to post this.

• Nockess
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Girl
More
23 Jun 2016 22:25 #82 by Nockess

• Nockess
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Girl
More
08 Jul 2016 21:22 - 23 Sep 2016 02:17 #83 by Nockess

This video didn't turn out as long as I expected it to be, but I was expecting something a little shorter than usual because I only had 12 levels recorded. Aside from that I generally happy with how the majority of the runs came out.

Level Notes:
Blue! (18.700): This was an okay run in my opinion. I could've easily gotten a sub-18 time if I really wanted to, but there's a lot more that goes on behind the scenes of my videos. ;)

Follow That Finish (4.466): I know sub-4 is possible, and I've gotten ridiculously close in the past (best time is 4.003), but it's hard to get the jumping pattern correct and I had to settle with a time a bit slower than what I'm capable of.

Frictional Slopes (10.962): This is the same run from the Buzzmusic World Record Rampage. I thought it would be nice to show the run on my own channel.
The Random Dance of Annoying Trim-Pole Thingies (3.485): I'm not surprised I have really nothing to say about this run. For those of you who can't get a decent time, here's an easy path. :)

Technostar's Short Race 1 (0.293): I'm not entirely sure if this is a good run or not, but the only thing I was really focusing on was getting sub-0.3.

Technostar's Short Race 2 (2.914): Admittedly it took a super long time to find the Time Travel. rip...

The Tower Challenge (3.529): Unfortunately I found iMac's run on this level as this video was uploading and of course he had a better time than I did. I am happy that I didn't take as long to finish the level as him though. :P

Tricky Techniques 1 (6.583): Maybe if I had jumped once before I got the super speed, I could've gotten a faster catch, but I don't think that would've made a huge different.

Tricky Techniques 3 (11.874): I saw Nihahhat's video of Tricky Techniques 3 (along with the 1st and 2nd ones as well) and found out that he had a faster path than me. I honestly think mine's more exciting and a little bit trickier to pull off because there's a lot of precision needed here. I"m not too disappointed about the fast that his run's almost a second faster though.

Twist of Simplicity (2.239): There's probably a way to get a better time by going for the Time Travel before the first gem, but I was too lazy to find out if this was possible or not.

Upon the Hilltop (9.589) This is the other run I had featured in the Buzzmusic World Record Rampage. It can go a little faster and an edge hit on the stairs at the beginning might be sweet.

Winder's Check (6.486): I'm quite happy with this run actually. I was totally not expecting the bumper hit at the end to turn out how it did, and the rest of the level was nicely done.

Last Edit: 23 Sep 2016 02:17 by Nockess.
The following user(s) said Thank You: IsraeliRD

• Nockess
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Girl
More
27 Aug 2016 01:56 #84 by Nockess

It's been a while since I've uploaded anything because I was away at camp for the last month (I got back on the 23rd) so I haven't had much time to do anything recently. While I was away, THIS beautiful thing called the PlatinumQuest Demo came out and what better way to make a return than with a world record!
The wall hit tweak isn't incredibly hard to pull off. If anything, the most annoying part was hitting the button the correct way.
Enjoy!

• BlastedMarble
  • Expert Marbler
  • Expert Marbler
  • Multiplayer Level Maker
More
27 Aug 2016 01:58 #85 by BlastedMarble
BlastedMarble replied the topic: Rozi's Videos
Great run. Its nice to see a tweak that none of us had the intention of trying.

"Don't overanalyze or take deeply to heart any sort of misunderstanding, harsh criticism, or even slightly negative interaction." -Eguy 2017

My Twitch: www.twitch.tv/blastedmarble
My Twitter: twitter.com/BlastedMarble

• HiGuy
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • At college, may not be around
More
27 Aug 2016 12:58 - 27 Aug 2016 12:59 #86 by HiGuy
HiGuy replied the topic: Rosalyn's Videos
Just going to leave this here:

[5:06:08 AM] Regislian: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=16&v=bEjj5Xhb2sg
quite sure that was supposed to be not possible :p
[5:06:21 AM] Threefolder: yeah it's not possible in the full game
[5:06:38 AM | Edited 5:06:26 AM] Threefolder: someone forgot to port NoMovementKeyTriggers to the demo apparently
[5:06:39 AM] Threefolder: :p
[5:07:18 AM] HiGuy: lmao
[5:07:22 AM] HiGuy: whoops

PQ in a nutshell
function clientcmd12dothepq() {
    commandToClient(LocalClientConnection, '34onthedancefloor');
}
Last Edit: 27 Aug 2016 12:59 by HiGuy.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lee, J@ckRB

More
28 Aug 2016 06:22 #87 by eplipswich
eplipswich replied the topic: Rosalyn's Videos

HiGuy wrote:
Just going to leave this here:

[5:06:08 AM] Regislian: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=16&v=bEjj5Xhb2sg
quite sure that was supposed to be not possible :p
[5:06:21 AM] Threefolder: yeah it's not possible in the full game
[5:06:38 AM | Edited 5:06:26 AM] Threefolder: someone forgot to port NoMovementKeyTriggers to the demo apparently
[5:06:39 AM] Threefolder: :p
[5:07:18 AM] HiGuy: lmao
[5:07:22 AM] HiGuy: whoops

Oh, this reminds me. In this video, I saw that he's able to trigger the checkpoint despite being Out of Bounds, but in Feeling Frictional, I'm unable to trigger the checkpoint near the space friction no matter how many times I land on the checkpoint. Is that what NoMovementKey Trigger is about?

• Threefolder
  • Lead Developer
  • Lead Developer
  • level designer
More
28 Aug 2016 06:26 #88 by Threefolder
Threefolder replied the topic: Rosalyn's Videos
Nah, NoMovementKeyTriggers just disable WASD while you're inside them. The checkpoint thing is based per-checkpoint; you can set whether the checkpoint will trigger if you're out-of-bounds (defaults to "allow OOB checkpointing"). I believe in the final game only two checkpoints in the whole game (FF is one of them) use this feature so far.

Follow me on twitter at @threefolder
The following user(s) said Thank You: eplipswich

• HiGuy
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • At college, may not be around
More
28 Aug 2016 16:03 #89 by HiGuy
HiGuy replied the topic: Rosalyn's Videos

Threefolder wrote:
I believe in the final game only two checkpoints in the whole game (FF is one of them) use this feature so far.

I'll take "features that are available everywhere but only used in 1 or 2 places" for $500, Alex.

PQ in a nutshell
function clientcmd12dothepq() {
    commandToClient(LocalClientConnection, '34onthedancefloor');
}
The following user(s) said Thank You: Threefolder

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
More
28 Aug 2016 18:21 #90 by IsraeliRD
IsraeliRD replied the topic: Rosalyn's Videos

HiGuy wrote:

Threefolder wrote:
I believe in the final game only two checkpoints in the whole game (FF is one of them) use this feature so far.

I'll take "features that are available everywhere but only used in 1 or 2 places" for $500, Alex.

aka my levels :p

"matan, now i get what you meant a few years back when you said that "the level in mbg is beyond me" after the last rampage i noticed things were insane, and now i truly feel that too" - Dushine, 2015.

Moderators: Kalle29AayrlRegislian