• Rosie's Avatar Topic Author
  • Respected Marbler
  • Respected Marbler
More
02 Apr 2017 02:49 #151 by Rosie
Rosie replied the topic: Rozi's Videos

This is what boredom does to you.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jiquor

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Rosie
  • Respected Marbler
  • Respected Marbler
More
06 Apr 2017 21:38 #152 by Rosie

This video is all about speed!...well, all of them are, but the style of the featured levels in this video is self-explanatory. Go from start to finish keeping a consistent speed throughout the entire level. 5 levels are in this video, and there are 5 sweet runs to go along with them.

Level Notes:

Fullspeed (27.183): This run isn't Kalle fast, but it's still good enough to get 4th place on the leaderboards (as of 4/6/17). Probably the hardest part of the run was landing in the one trim wide... thing... at the beginning.

Jessica's Blue Lava Haste (1.270): This is one of those levels where the catch doesn't really matter (although my best is 1.228) and it's more about the quality of the run. Gotta say though, my run looks cooler than Lee's. ;)

Jump Boost Blast (11.432): It took a good amount of time to get this low, and the main reason why this is a much better time than hPerks' and Lee's time besides optimization is because of the natural bounce trick performed when the time restarted at 9 seconds. I'm very very happy with the final outcome.

Momentum (28.270): You can basically say the same exact thing as Fullspeed. Not Kalle fast, but still a pretty good run (and 4th place on the leaderboards as well, as of 4/6/17). I enjoyed playing this, and I'm quite happy with how it turned out.

Terminal Velocity 2 (58.182): This took by far the longest time to record, and I don't think I'll be playing this level again anytime soon. Despite the fact that this level is really really cool looking (best I've seen in a while), some parts can be a little irritating. I'm a little annoyed that the time restarted at the end of the run (getting one TM would've changed everything), but I think I'm done for the meantime. ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nature Freak

• Rosie
  • Respected Marbler
  • Respected Marbler
More
08 Apr 2017 15:30 #153 by Rosie

SO many mistakes during this run, but looking at what happened at the end of the run, it doesn't really matter. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Revealing my path for Arrival to Marbleland that I'm basically certain that will get me under 5 minutes, but that involves little room for mistakes. The reason why I don't get many chances like this is because I miss the 7th gem 9 out of 10 times. There were a couple really close calls, but again. It doesn't matter anymore. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sub-5 is soon to come...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nature Freak

• Rosie
  • Respected Marbler
  • Respected Marbler
More
12 Apr 2017 00:50 #154 by Rosie
Rosie replied the topic: Rosie's Videos

After maybe two days of pathfinding and another five days of executing the monstrous path, I come up with this thing. This is arguably the biggest and best project I've done on a single level, and I can't explain how proud I am of this achievement.

This run was only my second time completing this, and even though that seems amazing, it's really not as amazing as it really is. For big levels like this, I split up my path into three to five little sections and practice each of them until I've basically gotten them all down. The ending (the first gravity modifier and on from there) was the first part I improved on, and I believe I had the toughest time with the first helicopter to the series of super jumps (the fans in the room are really quite awful).

This time beats the previous world record on the leaderboards by almost a minute and a half (1:22.538 to be exact). The previous world record, held by Imperial, was 5:20.607. Only 12 people, now 13, have beaten the level and only 6 people, now 7, have beaten the gold time. I only mentioned the last sentence (and also this one for a matter of fact) because this paragraph would've been too short otherwise. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Time to talk about parts of the run.
First we go to the the 7th gem catch at 1:06. This was one of the surprisingly harder parts of the run because of the position of the gem. When first playing this part of the level, I kept going to far away from it (in the direction opposite of where the rest of the level is) and so I kept missing it. Eventually I got the hang of it and catching the gem became much easier.
Let's jump forward 10 seconds (to 1:16) to the time travel catch. I tend to know that I did the start really well when I get a catch under 25 seconds. As I kept doing the level, optimization kicked in and I started getting 22 and 23 second catches.
The wooden loop pipe thing at 1:30 always bugged me. Not because it was hard, but because I could never get enough speed to catch the time travel that's above the 13th gem. I'm probably just missing something...
Now about the room from 2:10 to 2:30. I mentioned the annoyingness of this part earlier and I'll happily say it again. This room killed very many of my runs because I could never get enough upward momentum from the fans or I just kept missing them entirely because you can't see them. For anyone who wants to play this level, look in the level editor so you get a feel of where the fans are. A time travel catch under 45 seconds is very ideal, but you can easily get away with one under 50 seconds.
Fun fact. My original plan for the series of super jumps from 2:36 to 2:50 was to use three super jumps at once on the bottom pillar. However I think the way I did this part shown in the video is faster and you don't have as much air height after you bounce on the tallest pillar.
3:10 to 3:22. It's harder than it looks because you can hardly see where you're going.
I learned about the bumper glitch at 3:53 to 3:57 by asking Xelna himself in one of his most recent streams on Twitch. He kindly went out of his way to play this level on the leaderboards and show me how to do it. Many thanks to him for seriously lowering my time because of this. (I'd put a heart here but YouTube doesn't like angle brackets.)
I got really lucky at 4:16 to 4:18. I thought I was going to hit the bottom of the Time Trial interior and get shot back downwards, but I made it out alive by skimming the edge if it. Whew!
The part from 5:17 to 5:31 can be done much faster by landing on the gyrocopter after the launch and flying straight up to the castle. I unfortunately didn't get enough height so I had to improvise.
Jumping forward almost a minute later to what was by far the most nerve-wracking part of the whole run. Not once but TWICE did I get incredibly lucky because I hit the edge of the ring (too much spin) and just barely made it to the rock with the super jump.
Despite the fact that the ending (7:00 to the end of the video) could've been done in a much easier way, this way looked cooler. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: TheEvoker, Xedron

• Xedron
  • Away
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Level Creator & Speedrunner
More
12 Apr 2017 21:12 #155 by Xedron
Xedron replied the topic: Rosie's Videos
Wow, absolutely fantastic path for a very annoying level. Yeah the ending could've been faster, but I don't see this ever being beaten.

"cna you salt spalt the slevel salt of 6 year salt who ca salt the lsat" - nobody, 2017

• Rosie
  • Respected Marbler
  • Respected Marbler
More
21 Apr 2017 16:33 #156 by Rosie

This video contains runs from the 10-19 and 40-49 Leaderboards level packs. Every run in a top 5 time (actually, all of them are top 4 times with the exception of The Ultimate Greeting), and two world records are featured here.
Not much else to say. Enjoy the video!

Level Notes:

A Level of Two Halves (26.505): The combination of the edge hit at the beginning and the perfect launch from the half pipe made this run pretty difficult.

Adventure (18.413): I’m pretty sure only using the Shock Absorber to climb the steps at the end is faster than whatever is the normal world record path.

Aim or Shame (17.211): Maybe the slope/edge trick after the first gem could be used to one’s advantage?

Beyond (56.707): It took a pretty long time to figure out the tweaks to get under a minute on this level. With a more optimized and maybe an edge hit to get out of the EotS interior could get you world record.

CactusMath TM (27.312): I went pretty slowly to the platform that launches you in the air towards the second gem. I’ll be looking for a better time in the future.

Danger Zone (16.860): I never thought this level could be improved at all, and especially not by this much. Sorry RadiantVibe. This is my world record. ;)

Gravitational (13.614): I can’t go nearly as fast as Lee but this will most certainly do.

Offshore Oilrig (1:27.141): I wasn’t even going to bother doing the beginning pipes the fast way. I went a little slow getting the 11th and 12th gems, but I’m overall happy with the final outcome here.

Pathway in the Shadows 2 (4.724): It’s difficult to get this low of a catch. For the sake of showing off, I decided to go crazy and “Yolo” the edge hit at the end.

Pitbowl (13.615): I got a couple cool tweaks in here. Great effort for second place.

Ready, Set, Roll! (8.755): OH MY GOD I’m so done with this level. Alongside the fact that I beat my old time by nearly three seconds, I never realized how unoptimized my old run was. After a couple hours, I got very close to beating Xelna. It just needs a little more optimization, and not having the clock restart at the end (which is EASILY possible), to get the world record.

Stunt Show (25.838): Awesome tweaks here, and I’m quite proud of this. A lot of swearing and rage went into this run because I *just* missed the finish twice when recording.

Super There and Back Again (26.969): Despite the fact that it looks cool, by far my least favorite part of the run to perform is the half pipe trick at the end. Only did I realize the tweak to get the world record (There’s a video on Matan’s channel.) after I exported the compilation.

The Pit (13.008): I can’t remember what I did differently to get 12.7 on the leaderboards. I’m seriously bugged by the fact that I didn’t get sub-13.

The Ultimate Greeting (21.741): Someone PLEASE tell me the part for 19 seconds. :D

• Rosie
  • Respected Marbler
  • Respected Marbler
More
23 Apr 2017 18:15 - 23 Apr 2017 18:17 #157 by Rosie

Here's the 16th video of the Marble blast Custom Levels series.

Just kidding.

I had these three runs on .rec lying around so I thought I'd just clear a whopping 22MB of space. All three of these runs are ancient, looking at the awful FPS which is giving me memories of my old computer as well as using the Moshe ball. To bring back "good" memories of my videos from 2015 and the first half of 2016, I decided to edit the video like it was made way back when. Just for fun. :)
Last Edit: 23 Apr 2017 18:17 by Rosie.

• Rosie
  • Respected Marbler
  • Respected Marbler
More
30 Apr 2017 21:51 #158 by Rosie

• Jiquor
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Experienced Marbler
  • PM me questions about MBStop.
More
01 May 2017 19:20 #159 by Jiquor
Jiquor replied the topic: Rosie's Videos
I don't really know this particular version of the game, but what happened near the end? I thought the finish was there, but then you went back up and finished near the start pad. I'm confused?

Jiquor - Marble Blast STOP Creator

• Nature Freak
  • Away
  • Expert Marbler
  • Expert Marbler
More
01 May 2017 20:33 #160 by Nature Freak
Nature Freak replied the topic: Rosie's Videos
There's an achievement for getting to the bottom of that level and back to the top, and there are separate leaderboards for that challenge because the marble stops and gives you a time. The achievement requires you to get back to the top in less than a minute and ten seconds.

• Rosie
  • Respected Marbler
  • Respected Marbler
More
03 May 2017 20:26 #161 by Rosie

It was about time I did a compilation of MBP levels. I've stolen the top 5th place on the MBP leaderboards and I thought that I should show you that I darn well deserve it.
Almost all, if not all, of these runs are top 5 quality (too lazy to confirm how many). I reveal a couple tweaks of mine that make getting a good time on a level much easier, as well as simply demolishing a level for its tasty rating.
Enjoy!

Gravity Knot (4.750): All of the tiny pieces that make up the run need to be performed very well to get this good of a time. My current best is 4.732.

King of the Marble (13.257): hPerks' 12.44 on this makes my run embarrassing. This took long enough to do though that I'll leave it be for now.

Battlecube (13.644): It took my such a long time to score a sub-14 run. I kept getting 14.1's and 14.0's and then this came out of nowhere. (Stupid lagspike at that one GM...)

Roll Like the Wind! (10.140): This is a fun path to perform to my surprise. It's a little tricky to pull off the ending but not as hard as some of the other things I've done in the past. Great effort for second place.

Powerup Practice (36.380): There are a couple unoptimized parts scattered here and there but I'm very proud that I got this close to the world record. Thanks for the path, Kalle. ;)

Wall Master (27.416): The sign hit changes a lot, and unfortunately I couldn't do it very well in this run. The rest of the performance makes up for it though.

Winding Steps (15.094): By far the hardest part of this run is pulling off the edge hit 10 seconds in. I'm waiting for that sub-15 to happen.

Perplexingness (35.609): I enjoy doing this path a lot despite the fact that the ending is really difficult. It's a tricky run to pull off but nailing it like this feels super satisfying.

Divergence (3.269): For a while I was going for world record since I unexpectedly got catches as low as 3.12, 3.13, and 3.15. Unfortunately those low catches became non-existent so I decided to record a semi-decent run for the video.

Pink Fold Maze (6.298): My second favorite run in the whole compilation behind Perplexingness. Not a whole lot to say about this run other then ask how on earth Dushine gets such a low catch.

Slippery Steps (11.272): Simple run which didn't take too long to perform.

Lightning Ice (5.716): I spent forever on this level and I've only pulled off the skip once before recording this.

Frictional Ascent (33.641): There were a couple tweaks and tricks that I missed in this run (hitting the edge of the carpet launcher was embarrassing), but despite those things, this was a solid run. Great blooper at the end there.

Combo Course (36.372): This run took the longest out of the rest of the levels to do, and all of the failing before pulling this off included missing the last gem four times. Chances are that I might go for the world record on this for MBP WRR 3, but no promises. We'll see...

Frictional Battlecube (40.458): I can't go nearly as fast as Kalle, but I was originally aiming for a final time in the general 40 seconds area and I achieved that goal. The carpet side was probably the most tedious to do correctly.

Stamina (21.833): Everything was done really really nicely. The traplaunch could've been lower to the point where I could've gotten world record, but I will happy claim second place with this run.

Tunnel Vision (15.099): Unsurprisingly, the trickiest part was the ending. Difficult, although pretty fun.

Trigonometry (31.454): I enjoy playing this level and I performed the ending surprisingly well (although I could've bounced one or two fewer times). Stole third place with this run.

The Time Modifier Race (3.038): I'm assuming that one needs to avoid the negative time travel right before the edge hit to get world record, but that's hard to do. It's also hard to do the skip at the end with so little time spent on the scenery.

• Jiquor
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Experienced Marbler
  • PM me questions about MBStop.
More
04 May 2017 19:52 #162 by Jiquor
Jiquor replied the topic: Rosie's Videos

It's also hard to do the skip at the end with so little time spent on the scenery.

picky, picky.

Anyways, I watched the entire compilation this morning. As always, your runs are superb and (honestly some of the only Marble Blast Runs that I ever watch.) Your runs are incredible and you have more patience than I do when it comes to speed-running Marble Blast Levels.

Jiquor - Marble Blast STOP Creator

• TheEvoker
  • Intermediate Marbler
  • Intermediate Marbler
More
05 May 2017 13:30 #163 by TheEvoker
TheEvoker replied the topic: Rosie's Videos
Wow, what a great video! I noticed lots of your tweaks - especially the one near the start on Battlecube - really impressive. It's about time I improved on some of these levels, especially Roll Like the Wind and Pink Fold Maze. Powerup Practice had such a good path - I ought to try this soon. And man, Tunnel Vision was actually so sexy. Didn't expect you to not use the platforms but this looks pretty good. Might I ask if you have any tips for the sign hit on Wall Master? Sign hits are the bane of my MB experience :(

• Rosie
  • Respected Marbler
  • Respected Marbler
More
10 May 2017 02:39 #164 by Rosie
Two new videos!

For some odd reason, I was able to do the screenshot glitch (Ctrl P) on the leaderboards because something on the server side was out of date. I used the 18 hours (or so) of time that I had to get as many times as I could and here's the result. There were a couple runs that I didn't include because they simply looked bad. (One great example being Ground Zero.)
None of these are world record quality with the exception of Vortex (despite the fact that Powerjohn has 7.92), so I can't promise anything super spectacular, but it's still a video you should watch.
Enjoy!

Elevator (3.393): This doesn't beat the old run that I had (which was in a previous video), but the run looks super smooth.

King of the Mountain (3.964): It took forever to get under 4 seconds, and the reason why I couldn't get lower than this was because my positioning after getting the super speed was awful, but I'm still quite proud of this.

Space Slide (3.304): I didn't expect to be shot off to the right after hitting the mine, but I had a super lucky recovery because of the sloped edge.

Teleport Training (8.924): This unfortunately isn't as fast as what I had when you could finish after going out of bounds (and you wouldn't be forced to restart the level), but it's still really close. This only took about 6 tries.

Tower of Peril (2.695): I decided to make the run more fun to play so I threw in the half pipe trick in the tube. I unfortunately found out about m2mm4m's way of getting the first time travel after HiGuy had pushed an update disabling the glitch, so I had to settle with this.

The Time Modifier Race (2.648): For so long I've wanted to do the old world record pathway with the new tweak for the 6 second time travel. I found my chance to do it and my time was spent well. The funny thing is that this doesn't even beat the current (legitimate) world record.

Vortex (7.941): An awesome improvement over my previous best. Not only is my final time better, but the mine hit looks way cooler now!

Just a random run I had. I uploaded this because it looked kind of cool. Can anyone make it to the finish using this technique by bouncing off the wall (with the Super Bounce activated) 5 times without touching the ground? Or maybe even more?

• Rosie
  • Respected Marbler
  • Respected Marbler
More
17 May 2017 05:33 #165 by Rosie

I've been wanting to do this for some time now and I finally decided to sit down and quickly run through the beginner levels. I will be doing the intermediate and advanced levels (and a blooper reel because those are always entertaining) but I expect those to come out in well over a week or so because the runs will be considerably more diifficult to pull off I'll be away from home for the next few days. (Bringing my laptop however so you never know.)
Just because of laziness and how tired I've been in the past few days, I'm going to resist writing level notes. The only thing I really have to say is that Hazardous Climb was undoubtedly the most irritating level to do. It took over two hours to do the bumper hit. I'm glad I got it out of the way though.

Enjoy!

• hPerks
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • getting the joj done
More
17 May 2017 16:47 #166 by hPerks
hPerks replied the topic: Rosie's Videos
Loved it! MBU no jumping seems more interesting than one might expect - edge hits are easier, and levels seem less skippable with blast. Great execution on all levels so far; really looking forward to intermediate and advanced!

"its one thing to care for someone's well being and another to morally elevate yourself" - Jojo 2017

Watch my videos here ! - NEW: Lamperks vs. Co-op
Download my levels here ! - NEW: Meet Me Inside...
Listen to my music here ! - NEW: Astrosurf

Follow the Best of MB twitter! twitter.com/bestof_MB
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rosie

Moderators: Kalle29AayrlRegislian