• ThisNameIsLongSoICanShowMySwag
  • ThisNameIsLongSoICanShowMySwag's Avatar Topic Author
  • Respected Marbler
  • Respected Marbler
  • Congratulations, hPerks!
More
26 Aug 2017 21:22 #181 by ThisNameIsLongSoICanShowMySwag
ThisNameIsLongSoICanShowMySwag replied the topic: Rosie's Videos

I always love a chat. See if you can catch me online and drown me in your questions or comments.
The following user(s) said Thank You: El_Robert

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Respected Marbler
  • Respected Marbler
More
01 Sep 2017 21:02 #182 by ThisNameIsLongSoICanShowMySwag

Over a month ago, I said this.
“Until the PlatinumQuest WRR comes out, I will not be uploading any of my world records unless they’re not awesome times, so don’t ask.”

That didn’t turn out the way I expected it to.

It didn’t take long for people to start spewing out their own tweaks and paths for the PQ levels, and you can tell that there’s a major difference in the quality of my runs when you compare this video to PlatinumQuest Levels 1 which was released over a month ago. This compilation features 3 world records.
I already have PlatinumQuest Levels 3 recorded and edited (no planned release time) because I had enough .rrecs lying around that I needed to split all the recordings into two videos, and I must say that that compilation's going to be more exciting than this one. :P

I always love a chat. See if you can catch me online and drown me in your questions or comments.

More
01 Sep 2017 21:47 #183 by Nature Freak
Nature Freak replied the topic: Rosie's Videos
Wonderful job Rosie! I really enjoyed watching that! Question: Would it be possible to use the super speed at the end of Emergency Stopping Only as you're going up the slope thing to the finish to save more time?
Wow it's been a long time since I've posted on the forums
The following user(s) said Thank You: ThisNameIsLongSoICanShowMySwag

• Respected Marbler
  • Respected Marbler
More
01 Sep 2017 22:02 #184 by ThisNameIsLongSoICanShowMySwag
Yes, but it only saves a tiny bit of time and it's pretty hard to actually get to in time.

• Respected Marbler
  • Respected Marbler
More
02 Sep 2017 17:06 #185 by ThisNameIsLongSoICanShowMySwag

I released this video earlier than i expected, but I don't think anyone has a problem with that. :)
Despite the fact that there aren't that many world records in this video, a lot of the runs are second place times that used to be world records. My personal opinion is that this video is better than PlatinumQuest Levels 2 because there's more pathfinding and tweak finding involved which is always a plus.
I don't really have any major complaints about any of the runs featured here. Some of my personal favorites are Transporter Lock, Level from a Forgiving Mind, Fire when Ready, Vice, and Versa, and despite the fact that there are some pretty "meh" runs here, everything else adds up. I'm very proud of this compilation.

Enjoy the video!

The following user(s) said Thank You: eNetro, Regislian

• Respected Marbler
  • Respected Marbler
More
15 Sep 2017 02:18 #186 by ThisNameIsLongSoICanShowMySwag

I'm currently in a phase of sitting on custom levels farming for rating and I eventually ran into this. I thought I'd share my path just for fun.

• Respected Marbler
  • Respected Marbler
More
20 Sep 2017 18:42 #187 by ThisNameIsLongSoICanShowMySwag

I've had these runs recorded for quite some time but I never found the encouragement to actually put them in a compilation. Then I saw Powerjohn's video and decided to upload my compilation because I like to feel good about beating someone else's times. (Love you, PJ.)

One of my favorite things about this mod is how simplistic it is. Despite the fact that I find it hard to play with all of the texturing and building errors, some of the levels can really put my pathfinding skills to the test, and that was a little surprising to me. Along with all of that, pathfinding is 10 times harder when everything is moving. (See: any level with a bunch of moving blocks.)
At the time of writing this, all of the intermediate levels have been recorded (that compilation is going to be so much better than this one) and I have about six levels from advanced recorded. I'm excited for what's next.

Enjoy the video!
(Super Monkey Ball FTW.)

• Respected Marbler
  • Respected Marbler
More
22 Sep 2017 03:20 - 22 Sep 2017 14:14 #188 by ThisNameIsLongSoICanShowMySwag

Here's the path that I found that can get all the gems in A Marble's Home is Its Castle. Unfortunately the run is a bit sloppy (sub 2 y tho), but I wanted to share this so hopefully more people could get 100% on this level. The trickiest parts are basically anything involving the scenery (the trees and the rocks).

Enjoy the video!

Last Edit: 22 Sep 2017 14:14 by ThisNameIsLongSoICanShowMySwag.

• eNetro
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Skilled PlatinumQuest Player
More
22 Sep 2017 03:36 - 22 Sep 2017 03:39 #189 by eNetro
eNetro replied the topic: Rosie's Videos

LOL :P
I saw the whole run anyways so why not comment here?
I saw that you got 100% on the leaderboards and have wanted to see how to get 100% on this level! I know there aren't a lot of videos on Gem Madness levels most likely because those runs aren't that "Awesome" to showcase. I hope there will be more creative paths to see on other levels of this mode!

Awesome Hint:

Since the Awesome Time/Score is secret, you will have to beat it in order to find out what it is. Just practice every day, and be ready to keep pressing the 'Restart' button...A LOT!
Last Edit: 22 Sep 2017 03:39 by eNetro.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ThisNameIsLongSoICanShowMySwag

• Respected Marbler
  • Respected Marbler
More
22 Sep 2017 14:14 #190 by ThisNameIsLongSoICanShowMySwag
I'll see what I can do with other Gem Madness levels. (Damn, they're hard to 100%...)

Reuploaded the video. Check the other post.

• Respected Marbler
  • Respected Marbler
More
04 Oct 2017 21:16 #191 by ThisNameIsLongSoICanShowMySwag

It's been almost five months since the beginner levels release of my Marble Blast Ultra No Jumping series, so whenever I say "Part whatever-the-next-video-is will be out soon", give me a few months before you make any assumptions. I've actually had the intermediate levels recorded for quite some time now (you can tell because of the old MBP UI), but I never got the encouragement to actually edit the video. Along with that, I'm running out of good song to use.
The single run which I'm most unhappy about (by a long way) is Skyscraper, but I tried the double traplaunch for well over 3 or 4 hours and got nothing so I had to improvise on the spot. Skate to the Top was also an absolute butt to do because there were FIVE edge hits involved. Even then, the last one as accidental.
The advanced levels have already been recorded so hopefully I'll be able to get that video out soon.

Oh, and there's a surprise waiting at the end... ;)

Enjoy the video!

The following user(s) said Thank You: eNetro, CylinderKnot

• Respected Marbler
  • Respected Marbler
More
07 Oct 2017 15:36 #192 by ThisNameIsLongSoICanShowMySwag

The intermediate runs are out! (Actually, 5 more minutes at the time that I'm posting this here.)
This is where the paths start to get really good, and of course you can't have really good paths without some absolutely nightmarish levels. (See: Every chaos level.) Out of the levels in the mod that I've played so far, there are several intermediate levels that are very high on the list of my favorite levels to play or find a path for (including Town, Insert, and An Intermediate Finale), so I'm quite excited to show off what I've done for those levels.
The only run that seriously stands out as being a poor run is Sifter, but come on. The floor for that level is super duper fantastic. Totally.

So here's a fun 20 minute video of a whomping 32 levels. Enjoy the video!

The following user(s) said Thank You: Eguy, CylinderKnot

• Respected Marbler
  • Respected Marbler
More
09 Oct 2017 16:23 #193 by ThisNameIsLongSoICanShowMySwag

This compilation turned out to be a little shorter than I wanted it to be to the point where only six levels were featured. I must confess that the runs you see here were recorded a long time ago and they're really just throwaway recordings. Despite that, they're still worth watching so I might as well upload them.
Aside from that, all six runs here were absolute dongs to record either because of how long the level was or how difficult the actual path was to pull off. It most frequently ended up being a combination of the two. There's my luck for you.

That's it for now. Enjoy the video!

• Battlecube314
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • 100% Ultimate!
More
10 Oct 2017 04:12 #194 by Battlecube314
Battlecube314 replied the topic: Rosie's Videos
Nice job on the Evil Mini Mod Rampage! Also I have 17.96 Stroll, 3.26 Ring, 23.04 Vice Versa, 3.06 Bounce Lift and 13.89 Scatter. Can't wait to see Advanced and Expert!

• Respected Marbler
  • Respected Marbler
More
28 Oct 2017 18:43 #195 by ThisNameIsLongSoICanShowMySwag

Here's the current world record for Having a Blast. The recording... well... it's a different story. Not the prettiest thing in the world.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Eguy, CylinderKnot

More
29 Oct 2017 01:22 #196 by Lee
Lee replied the topic: Rosie's Videos
Nice! I'm gonna replicate what you did to get the AT time. Thanks!

• CylinderKnot
  • Beginner Marbler
  • Beginner Marbler
  • Wae past fast!!!1!
More
29 Oct 2017 21:04 #197 by CylinderKnot
CylinderKnot replied the topic: Rosie's Videos

Rosie wrote:

Here's the current world record for Having a Blast. The recording... well... it's a different story. Not the prettiest thing in the world.

Hmm, so THAT'S how you get the AT on this level. Skip the first cannon, jump into the second, point toward the ground, and spazz for a few seconds. That seems like a rather new strategy, and it's exotic and highly effective! I find this highly helpful.

Levels that anyone will enjoy without:
Dragged Up, Daedal Helix, Fighting Slopes, Ring Stunts, the last 5 levels of Advanced

• Respected Marbler
  • Respected Marbler
More
06 Nov 2017 04:13 #198 by ThisNameIsLongSoICanShowMySwag

The third video in the series finally comes to life, and for the first time, more than 20 levels are shown! (Cough… 21.)

This is probably my favorite compilation out of this and the beginner and intermediate videos simply because some of the pathfinding and stunts are crazy. Real has a lovely super speed + edge hit trick, Survival of the Fittest has a pretty good traplaunch (better than I expected - it even deserves some unique effects), Scaffold is easily a highlight because of how freaking stupid it is, and the run on Hypercube has a really nice improvement over the time from the video I made of it a few months ago. All of the other runs are simply very solid and not very hard to find pleasing.

There’s one more video after this (not very hard to guess what it’s based on), so be prepared for one final effort before the series comes to a close… for the meantime. Oh, and it’s worth mentioning that everything was recorded before the intermediate compilation was released. I’m just really lazy. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Enjoy the video!

The following user(s) said Thank You: eNetro

• Respected Marbler
  • Respected Marbler
More
10 Nov 2017 01:34 #199 by ThisNameIsLongSoICanShowMySwag

After a good two months (and a week), I finally managed to put together the couple dozen recordings that I've had for the longest time. Everything showcased here are Awesome Times including some levels that have yet to see YouTube including Dangerous Development (shortcut leaks bois), Newton's Dilemma, Orthogonality, and Musing. Along with that, ten world records are featured in this video. (Newton's Dilemma, Orthogonality, Contractor, and Musing are the only runs that aren't (at the time of writing this) world records.)
The Spoils of Serendipity Gardens and Child's Play were paths I stole from Battlecube314, but it's okay because I tweaked and optimized them heavily enough for the runs to still be awesome (no pun intended). :P

Enjoy the video! (...and the bloopers!)

• Respected Marbler
  • Respected Marbler
More
20 Nov 2017 22:55 - 20 Nov 2017 22:56 #200 by ThisNameIsLongSoICanShowMySwag
Forgot to post these.

Buzzmusic released two custom levels in the past 8 days, Wild Gold and Pesky, and I decided to jump on them quickly to see how I could do a little bit of domination of my own. Pesky was done on an airplane that flew from Texas to Florida, and the featured run on Wild Gold took over three days (and yet I'm still not 100% satisfied because I missed the fifth gem... somehow), so that really shows how obsessed I am with Marble Blast. :P
Buzzmusic himself requested to see both of these runs and I was more than happy to share. Enjoy the video!

Showing off my runs for MikeSan's Tiers and Tiers 2 levels. The edge hit on Tiers is surprisingly hard to pull off, and not surprisingly very stupid.

Here are the three levels, Gem Playground, Little Climb of Faith, and Rolling Gold, which came in the "MBSuper - Lost Levels" pack which can be found on my level topic on the forums.

Last Edit: 20 Nov 2017 22:56 by ThisNameIsLongSoICanShowMySwag. Reason: Formatting

Moderators: Kalle29AayrlRegislian