file [CLASSICAL MUSIC DISCOVERIES]

• Evokrypt
  • Evokrypt's Avatar Topic Author
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Thank you received: 69
28 Apr 2017 15:25 #1
Dear all,

This kinda is an attempt to revive the Classical Music thread I started ... BUT this thread could also serve as a handy place to keep all the music I really like :)

Basically, I will post classical music items on here (embedded YouTube videos) and anyone else is welcome to do the same. Here's something I listened to today (I recommend this composer as well):

Enjoy!
Ethan :) :)

SoundCloud page here:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 405
28 Apr 2017 18:42 - 28 Apr 2017 18:42 #2
This is pretty much the best thing I've ever found on YouTube. A very good performance as well!

Last edit: 28 Apr 2017 18:42 by NF.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Evokrypt

• Evokrypt
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Experienced Marbler
29 Apr 2017 12:54 #3
Yes, love Gaspard. Hopefully I might play it one day, Ondine and Le Gibet are certainly within my grasp currently, Scarbo will be in a few years' time!!! Ondine is exquisite, always loved the textures and the subtle harmonic changes. Also really like the section at 4:28 in that video, and what a build-up to it as well! Might learn Ondine in the summer holiday.

And I remember discovering those Bartok Etudes a while ago - I didn't recognise the first one, but I did remember the second. I might have a go at one of these in the future, but no. 1 looks like a great way to rip your hands apart. Looking at the score just sort of made me think "is that even possible?!?!" I remember in Debussy's first Etude (which I have learnt) there is a section with some rather painful LH jumps - nothing compared to this though!

And what you guys think of the Moeran? He has some really nice piano pieces too - check out the Toccata (something I'm learning now) B)

SoundCloud page here:

• Evokrypt
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Experienced Marbler
30 Apr 2017 21:45 #4
Here's a piece I discovered today:

Btw I'm not intending to limit this to just piano pieces! I know there are people here who play other instruments too. I will try and share some orchestral/chamber works soon.

SoundCloud page here:

• Evokrypt
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Experienced Marbler
08 Jun 2017 15:32 #5
Thought this was too good not to share!

SoundCloud page here:

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 0.869 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.