file Marble Blast Powered Up [REALLY^4 RELEASED]

• whirligig
  • whirligig's Avatar Topic Author
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • Thank you received: 261
11 Mar 2015 03:20 #151
The soundtrack is now available! Check the first post.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• ChaosUnown
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Experienced Marbler
  • MB Graphic/Interior Designer
  • Thank you received: 5
11 Mar 2015 04:22 - 11 Mar 2015 04:24 #152

Pro Marbler wrote: Also, judging by how quickly Angular Limbo overflows the console logger when tracing, I'd recommend occasionally quitting and restarting the game when playing that level. Just the sheer amount of function calls might be too much for some to handle. Also avoid touching the orange stick without a platform (as shown above). Touching it will cause game-fatal memory corruption within a second, and crash.

That is exactly what caused the crash for me. Luckily I'm not making the same mistake twice.

I tried out the rest of the game, it's good stuff, though I'm not pro at this game so I lost interest in a lot of the new advanced levels very quickly, which are notably a LOT harder in comparison to the typical advanced levels bunched in there as well, which is pretty unbalanced in my opinion. And although I do like the concept of a points system to buy unlockables, the amount of points you collect after beating levels are too small. It would take ages to be able to save up enough points to get some of the more expensive prizes. If you could earn more points after beating a level (or make the prizes a little less expensive) I think it would be more worthwhile to save up.

On the positive side though: Favorite level outside the sandbox has got to be the apartment level, which while simple to play, is very impressively designed. I also noticed the TV and actually managed to figure out the key to that musical code level in the Sandbox. THAT is a clever use of hints if I ever did see it. Well done. Once again I also enjoy a lot of the new gimmicks added here; the double power-up makes the normal power-ups a lot more enjoyable to exploit in certain situations, and as I said before I enjoyed a good number of the concepts in the sandbox levels, which I would love to see more of in the form of new levels to add-on to in the future.

Overall, the new content here is great, but I think it would have made a stronger impression if all of the levels were new instead of taking the Platinum route and re-using all the MBG levels. I can't say I have much interest in replaying those levels, even if there's new challenges to try out with them. But the new stuff is very cool, and I hope to see more levels built around the concepts you came up with.
Last edit: 11 Mar 2015 04:24 by ChaosUnown.

• Thank you received: 123
11 Mar 2015 19:34 - 11 Mar 2015 19:34 #153
I believe that harder-difficulty levels should give you a bit more points for your efforts. As to how balanced gameplay is, well, it depends on your skill. I'll have to spend more time and see. :P

The increased cost of skill points are supposed to encourage those who are active and dedicated players to be more promptly rewarded, while those who don't persist can still obtain something for their efforts after a period of time, but not until a certain amount of cumulative effort has been made. In other words, you have to work to be rewarded.

I would love to see cool mod/level concepts made around these ideas as well. Whirligig put quite a bit of sophistication into this "mod", and I do admire many of them and some just continue to inspire me!

PQ ON A STICK.
Last edit: 11 Mar 2015 19:34 by ProMarbler.

• ChaosUnown
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Experienced Marbler
  • MB Graphic/Interior Designer
  • Thank you received: 5
11 Mar 2015 20:34 #154
I can understand fully that you want to work hard at earning those points you save up, but when you're earning around 50 to 85 points per level and a lot of the prizes cost 5000+ to unlock, it does get pretty jarring.

Especially if you like to tinker with the graphics and font scripts within the application contents like me and wonder why you have -2000 points when you start the game back up, but that's another issue.

• Thank you received: 401
12 Mar 2015 02:42 #155
Whirli, can you please modify the OSX and Linux launchers so that they pass -nohomedir to the game executable? This prevents the game from storing .dso files in your home directory or Library folder. Otherwise this can cause vanilla MBG to break MBPU and vice-versa. It would solve the problem that Craftnime is having.

"You know you've spelled something wrong when the only search results are Jeff convos" - HiGuy

• whirligig
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
12 Mar 2015 04:01 #156

Derpking wrote: Whirli, can you please modify the OSX and Linux launchers so that they pass -nohomedir to the game executable? This prevents the game from storing .dso files in your home directory or Library folder. Otherwise this can cause vanilla MBG to break MBPU and vice-versa. It would solve the problem that Craftnime is having.

Unless you downloaded the Mac build within several hours of release, it already uses -nohomedir. The Linux build will be recompiled when I have time (this weekend, if that). In the meantime, the source code for the launcher is at src/unix/MarbleBlastHelper/MarbleBlastHelper.cpp, so anyone with Linux and g++ should be able to modify the code. (Well, let me fix that: anyone with Linux, g++, and experience coding C++.)

• Thank you received: 401
12 Mar 2015 04:07 #157

whirligig wrote: Unless you downloaded the Mac build within several hours of release, it already uses -nohomedir.

Ah, I wasn't aware of that. I just looked at the source code that came with the Windows version of the game and didn't see it in there so I assumed you never thought to include it. I told Craftnime to upgrade to the latest version.

"You know you've spelled something wrong when the only search results are Jeff convos" - HiGuy

• whirligig
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
13 Mar 2015 01:41 #158

Derpking wrote: Ah, I wasn't aware of that. I just looked at the source code that came with the Windows version of the game and didn't see it in there so I assumed you never thought to include it. I told Craftnime to upgrade to the latest version.

Yeah, I never updated those source folders in the other builds. Another thing to do when I have time.

• Thank you received: 3
14 Mar 2015 06:32 #159
Lol I couldn't beat Slendernado because it was too scary and I couldn't find all of the gems... THAT JUMPSCARE SCARED ME.

Also I saw what you did on the Friendly Flat level lol. "Infinite" stairs, the TV display and the Troll Door.

Also the Underwater level, when you come in contact with the fishes XD.

Shrek Is Love, Shrek Is Life. Btw I make crappy levels.

• Technostar
  • Intermediate Marbler
  • Intermediate Marbler
  • I Factorial
  • Thank you received: 40
14 Mar 2015 21:11 - 14 Mar 2015 22:02 #160
I LOVED Super Marble Galaxy. That concept is awesome.
Also, if you can't figure out the musical code, just play Friendly Flat :P
Also, I tried making a custom level for MBPU. The file saved and was loaded when I went to play the game again, but I was unable to find the file in the MBPU directory.
EDIT: Never mind, I found the file. It was saved in the %AppData%\VirtualStore\ section instead of just in Program FIles.

System.out.println("Hello");
Last edit: 14 Mar 2015 22:02 by Technostar.

• CheepFishMBP
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Experienced Marbler
  • I am currently inactive.
  • Thank you received: 14
14 Mar 2015 23:46 #161
One thing to improve, since all MBG fixes does not have to be done in MBP, all of those fixes that were present in MBP 1.14 should have been made in the next version.

• Technostar
  • Intermediate Marbler
  • Intermediate Marbler
  • I Factorial
  • Thank you received: 40
21 Mar 2015 01:57 #162
More people should make custom levels for this mod. While some features might be hard to use, others (like the planet) can be used quite easily. Additionally, the new power-ups and effects can be used very effectively (especially the doubler).
By the way, I am trying to make another level based off of the planet concept, as that kind of level is incredibly fun. However, if I want to use anything resembling a sphere, I will need to figure out how to use map splitter. :P

System.out.println("Hello");

• Nockess
  • Respected Marbler
  • Respected Marbler
  • Cheater Supreme
  • Thank you received: 786
07 Apr 2015 16:18 #163
Where's the file for Marbucks?

Call me Chris!

Discord: Nockess#4107
YouTube: www.youtube.com/Nockess
Custom Levels: marbleland.vaniverse.io/profile/5

• whirligig
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
14 Apr 2015 00:23 #164

Technostar wrote: However, if I want to use anything resembling a sphere, I will need to figure out how to use map splitter.

I just used a DTS. That entire level is one big DTS.

Rozi the Derp wrote: Where's the file for Marbucks?

What do you mean?
  • The count is in prefs.cs. If you really want to cheat, open the console and use the changeMoney function to give yourself Marbucks.
  • The image files for the icon are in marble/client/ui.
  • Most of the code for it is in marble/client/scripts/currency.cs.

• Nockess
  • Respected Marbler
  • Respected Marbler
  • Cheater Supreme
  • Thank you received: 786
14 Apr 2015 13:59 #165
Thank you for that. :)

Call me Chris!

Discord: Nockess#4107
YouTube: www.youtube.com/Nockess
Custom Levels: marbleland.vaniverse.io/profile/5

• whirligig
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
06 May 2015 05:06 #166
UPDATE: So, work is progressing on the first few Power Packs. Thus, there will be a stream Saturday evening at 7:00 PM EDT to showcase some of the cool stuff you can look forward to seeing! I can guarantee you'll find some of it really cool, so check it out. More info will be posted later.

• Kalle29
  • I blame ping for losing
  • Thank you received: 754
06 May 2015 16:29 #167

7:00 PM EDT

You might as well have typed that in chinese, we need a rule here that says everytime you mention a time, it should be written in GMT+/- x amount of hours

༼ ͡◕ ͜ ʖ ͡◕༽ You have been visited by the Nivea™ Donger of moisture. Soft skin and good fortune will come to you, but only if you post "thank you Mr. Skeltal" in this thread ༼ ͡◕ ͜ ʖ ͡◕༽

• HiGuy
  • Lead Developer
  • Lead Developer
  • PQ Developer Emeritus
  • Thank you received: 604
06 May 2015 16:40 - 06 May 2015 16:45 #168
7:00 PM UTC-400

That work?

This signature is real code
Code:
function clientcmd12dothepq() { commandToClient(LocalClientConnection, '34onthedancefloor'); }
Last edit: 06 May 2015 16:45 by HiGuy. Reason: Too condescending

• Kalle29
  • I blame ping for losing
  • Thank you received: 754
06 May 2015 17:06 #169
works fine

༼ ͡◕ ͜ ʖ ͡◕༽ You have been visited by the Nivea™ Donger of moisture. Soft skin and good fortune will come to you, but only if you post "thank you Mr. Skeltal" in this thread ༼ ͡◕ ͜ ʖ ͡◕༽

• whirligig
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
09 May 2015 18:51 #170
REMINDER: MBPU is live on Twitch today at 7 PM EDT!

Be sure to check it out: www.twitch.tv/whirligig231

• Jeff
  • Elite Marbler
  • Elite Marbler
  • PlatinumQuest Programmer
  • Thank you received: 205
09 May 2015 19:05 #171
I'll be at grandmas. Make sure to save it.

I am a programmer. Most here know me for being one of the major contributors to Marble Blast Platinum and PlatinumQuest.

• Eguy
  • Expert Marbler
  • Expert Marbler
  • Booper Supreme
  • Thank you received: 208
10 May 2015 01:45 #172
No way. I'll be at grandma's too. (actually i think its before i go but still save it pls)

"it's the internet eguy. where children are men. men are monkeys, and women are PQ."
-Jeff 2014

• whirligig
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
10 May 2015 18:19 #173
Stream should be up on YouTube momentarily!

• whirligig
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
17 May 2015 19:01 - 17 May 2015 19:02 #174
So, the Power Patch and Power Packs 1-3 are released!

You can get them from the first post in this topic. Be sure to install the Power Patch before adding any Power Packs to the game. The Power Packs can then be added by placing them into marble/data/missions/powerpack. Have fun!

Also, the old download links that used to be in the first post will no longer function, as MBPU 1.5 is now accessible from the downloads page.
Last edit: 17 May 2015 19:02 by whirligig.

• SourSpitballs
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Hello There
31 May 2015 09:51 - 31 May 2015 09:53 #175
Awesome Mod,Whirligig!,i really hope to see more power packs in the future!
Edit:And,btw,how do u add power packs to the game?

Marble Blast Boyo
Last edit: 31 May 2015 09:53 by SourSpitballs.
The following user(s) said Thank You: snowbody

31 May 2015 13:25 - 31 May 2015 14:10 #176
It's not explicitly stated in the O.P., so...
Simply copy the three folders (including the folders themselves) to the directory marble/data/missions/powerpack/. Make the directory "powerpack" if it doesn't exist.
Open up the game, and the PPs should appear in the bottom right of the Level Select.

EDIT: No need to make another post saying thanks... that's exactly what the "Thank you" button is for!
Last edit: 31 May 2015 14:10 by ProMarbler. Reason: Stop posting less than two sentences BB.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SourSpitballs

• Eguy
  • Expert Marbler
  • Expert Marbler
  • Booper Supreme
  • Thank you received: 208
31 May 2015 16:07 #177
Do the power packs work on MBPU 1.0? Since that's what I have on my desktop computer, and I'd much rather use that computer to play it since I did something horribly wrong in the installation on my other computer.

"it's the internet eguy. where children are men. men are monkeys, and women are PQ."
-Jeff 2014

01 Jun 2015 00:57 #178
I assume not, since it is supported with the power patch, which is a patch for version 1.5, not 1.0. You would have to redownload the latest version.

• SourSpitballs
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Hello There
01 Jun 2015 06:45 #179
they work but they ended up on the customs,but this isnt a bad thing,its just a THING

Marble Blast Boyo

• whirligig
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
01 Jun 2015 10:14 #180
Power Packs won't work in any version of MBPU that isn't using the Patch. This is because only the Patch tells MBPU to use the init.cs script in the Power Pack's folder to load the gameplay elements specific to that Pack.

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 1.196 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.