file A small gift

• IsraeliRD
  • IsraeliRD's Avatar Topic Author
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
  • Thank you received: 912
06 Oct 2016 21:31 #1

I've teased for many months now about the May 2007 staff build, and now it is available for the public. You can download it for both Windows and Mac or find it on the bottom of the Downloads page. Thanks to HiGuy for helping me compile these builds. Just extract the .zip file into a new directory and you're good to go!

No bugs or mistakes will be fixed. This version is unsupported and released solely for the enjoyment of this community.

Only changes done to this build were to ensure compatibility for both Windows and Mac. Windows users can delete the Contents directory as it contains the Mac executable and data.

Known issues and additional info about this version:

- Windows users will likely crash after loading Hazardous House twice by entering the level, and quitting it and then attempting to enter it again
- Windows users will crash if The Time Modifier Race is not played first, or any level is played second after TTMR. The reason is that this level uses exactly 512 interiors, which is the hardcoded Windows interior limit.
- LSmultiplayer is a Multiplayer-based map Lonestar made which will not work on Windows as it uses more than 512 interiors.
- Windows users should avoid playing too many levels, as the 512 interior limit exists. When the game crashes, your prefs.cs doesn't save at all, unless you saved it first by quitting the game normally.
- Sanctuary is a level from Xelna which was never ported to the final version of the game. You can add it yourself to the custom directory (does the interior exist? didn't check, don't care)
- Some .recs are available. Some will work on windows, some on Mac, maybe they don't work at all. I don't know.
- The fried egg skybox exists. Best skybox in all of Marble Blast's history.
- Also the old interface. God the horrors.
- NO CHECKPOINTS as we didn't have any code for it back then
- Some levels are incomplete, such as Ultimate Tree. Except levels by Jase and Phil, the rest were made in the Level Editor. Most levels are also easier/harder than their final version counterparts.
- Note that Tarmac is easier... :)
- Ultimate/Easter Egg Guides are available, dated May 2007 as well.
- You can qualify the next level by pressing the middle of the P in the level select menu.
- Source is available for certain stuff. Have fun.

Enjoy,
Matan and HiGuy

"matan, now i get what you meant a few years back when you said that "the level in mbg is beyond me" after the last rampage i noticed things were insane, and now i truly feel that too" - Dushine, 2015.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lee, Blasted, MBOUltimate, Nockess, Red_zone, CylinderKnot

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Nockess
  • Respected Marbler
  • Respected Marbler
  • Cheater Supreme
  • Thank you received: 786
06 Oct 2016 23:40 #2
Man, the great memories of the old versions of Marble Blast Platinum. Clicking the P to unlock levels was always one of my favorite easter eggs. Speaking of eggs, fried egg skybox! (Yes is it the best skybox ever.)
Once PlatinumQuest comes out can we get some beta releases too? :)

Call me Chris!

Discord: Nockess#4107
YouTube: www.youtube.com/Nockess
Custom Levels: marbleland.vaniverse.io/profile/5

• Blasted
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Speedrunner and Level Maker
  • Thank you received: 105
08 Oct 2016 22:52 #3
I have always wanted to see what MBP was like back in the day. Thank you Platinum Team for putting this out.

• CheepFishMBP
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Experienced Marbler
  • I am currently inactive.
  • Thank you received: 14
08 Oct 2016 23:29 #4
When I tried to download MBP 1.00, there is a size mismatch. I use Windows 10 on my ASUS laptop.

http://imgur.com/a/RqLAt

• Battlecube314
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • 100% Gold/Ultimate/Awesome!!
  • Thank you received: 155
09 Oct 2016 06:45 #5
I started playing MBP 2007 edition, and I'm really enjoying it! I thought the path for the Teleport Training Ultimate Time was interesting, as it uses a glitch which is fixed in later versions of the game. At first I thought the 4.50 was a typo.

I have also been speedrunning these levels on video. Best times so far: Let's Roll 2.31, Jump Tutorial 3.28, Diamond Round-Up 15.03, Learn the Friction 3.98, ... and many more! I am planning to release a compilation of all the beginner levels in the near future.

• Josep_Nollette
  • Beginner Marbler
  • Beginner Marbler
  • Thank you received: 8
13 Oct 2016 00:32 - 13 Oct 2016 00:36 #6
A few things I'd like to add:
1. the missing 'Rube Goldberg Course' level is present. I was hoping this would be the aforementioned pre-1.00 level to be added in the Leaderboards over two years ago, but was disappointed it wasn't there. Why was it pulled from the final release, let alone the Director's Cut?
2. the default 'P' marble is a neutral grey instead of cyan. I think it'd be possible to include it as a custom MBP marble just for those who prefer it that way
3. unlike what's seen on the level screenshots as well as demonstration videos from 2007, the pad edges have blue/orange stripes instead of black

P.S. if the 'fried egg' skybox was the best, how did you decide to use ocean/iceberg skyboxes in the final release? The dark skybox in the Expert levels makes it harder to see.
P.P.S. I was also curious as to why the final levels had brown pillars added and why the levels themselves were coloured differently. After a little discussion a month or two ago, I now know that the pillars were meant for decoration and that it wasn't possible pre-QuArK. The levels without the pillars looked cleaner IMO.
Last edit: 13 Oct 2016 00:36 by Josep_Nollette.

• Thank you received: 8
13 Nov 2016 18:07 #7
It's difficult to express how much this means to me. In 2007 when MBP was released, I didn't have a computer that could run it. I did not have that ability until around 2009 when 1.10 (I think) was released. I spent hours nearly every day remaking textures and skyboxes in MSPaint and rebuilding levels to try and make it look just like it had before its release. I don't know why, but the need to have that was very intense. After that whole personal hysteria died down, I still was in search of downloads for that version online for a long time, even asking HiGuy for it multiple times.

So this has ended a (what would have been) lifelong conundrum. I'll probably be playing this version more than the newest one. Thanks so much! Papa bless.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nockess, CylinderKnot

• ImNotAllThatGood
  • Intermediate Marbler
  • Intermediate Marbler
  • Back as of June 2018.
  • Thank you received: 17
15 Nov 2016 00:08 - 15 Nov 2016 19:08 #8
This is the earliest MBP build I got my hands on! Pre 1.00 is hard, mainly since there are no checkpoints and I liked the GUI as well. I also liked how the Random Force was formerly called the Backwards Force pre-1.00.

*EDIT*

I love the old MBP build list! Previously, I had to do all the painstaking work of downloading the files and merging them together in the correct locations to form the Platinum directory! Now, I don't have to do it anymore thanks to Matan, and I did not have a copy of 1.10 or 1.13 until now! Thanks again.

-INATG

I'm just a 15 year old who's been playing MB for over a decade and can be annoying at times.
Last edit: 15 Nov 2016 19:08 by ImNotAllThatGood. Reason: Correction of who to thank.

• HiGuy
  • Lead Developer
  • Lead Developer
  • PQ Developer Emeritus
  • Thank you received: 604
15 Nov 2016 02:14 #9
Thank Matan for keeping copies of all of those builds. I wouldn't have been able to upload quite a few of them if he hadn't backed up the PhilsEmpire site before it was taken offline.

This signature is real code
Code:
function clientcmd12dothepq() { commandToClient(LocalClientConnection, '34onthedancefloor'); }

• IzhanHarrisBinIzzuddin
  • New Marbler
  • New Marbler
  • Thank you received: 0
16 May 2017 13:38 #10
there is one problem. There is no black mine and only nuke mine as white color in MBP first 2007 builds in pre version.

• Weather
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • Thank you received: 262
16 May 2017 14:46 #11

matam wrote: No bugs or mistakes will be fixed. This version is unsupported and released solely for the enjoyment of this community.

• IzhanHarrisBinIzzuddin
  • New Marbler
  • New Marbler
  • Thank you received: 0
19 May 2017 04:55 #12
So, there is no black mine like in MBG?.

• Weather
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • Thank you received: 262
19 May 2017 17:33 #13

IzhanHarrisBinIzzuddin wrote: There is no black mine and only nuke mine as white color

The following user(s) said Thank You: Red_zone

• Red_zone
  • Novice Marbler
  • Novice Marbler
  • when that cold brew hits
  • Thank you received: 2
07 Jun 2017 18:05 #14
that means no MBG mines? :(

• HiGuy
  • Lead Developer
  • Lead Developer
  • PQ Developer Emeritus
09 Jun 2017 17:44 #15
Yes.

Code:
function clientcmd12dothepq() { commandToClient(LocalClientConnection, '34onthedancefloor'); }
The following user(s) said Thank You: Red_zone

• Thank you received: 12
25 Jul 2017 21:36 #16
Anybody know when even earlier MBP staff builds will be made publicly available? I'd really like to know A$AP! :)

• HiGuy
  • Lead Developer
  • Lead Developer
  • PQ Developer Emeritus
25 Jul 2017 21:50 #17
Chances are very good this is the oldest version we will release (or even have). If you want older released builds check the downloads page in the post.

Code:

• Yoshicraft224
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Experienced Marbler
  • no
  • Thank you received: 51
25 Jul 2017 22:34 #18
Is there any way to play any versions between this one and 2.0.0?

brapdoors mbg #OhBoyFreeAM!

• HiGuy
  • Lead Developer
  • Lead Developer
  • PQ Developer Emeritus
26 Jul 2017 03:20 #19
Yeah download them from the old downloads page, extract, and open. They won't work online but you can still play the levels offline.

Code:

• Yoshicraft224
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Experienced Marbler
  • no
  • Thank you received: 51
04 Sep 2017 03:42 #20
What do you mean by the old downloads page?

brapdoors mbg #OhBoyFreeAM!

• HiGuy
  • Lead Developer
  • Lead Developer
  • PQ Developer Emeritus
04 Sep 2017 05:01 #21
The page linked in the top post: files.marbleblast.com/oldmbp.html

Code:

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 1.054 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.