file Tech's Forum Updates Thread

• Joey
  • Joey's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Doer of things.
  • Thank you received: 191
27 May 2011 03:41 #1
Here I'll post anything current going on at my forum just incase, you know, something exciting or interesting may happen, and people could go check it out or something!

www.tech-warrior.proboards.com

So, current status:

- Not much is going on globally around the forum...
- We are already at puzzle 3 of Hangman there! Just posted it... And really Hangman there is best when it's a team Hangman here and singles can't play . Well singles, you can go play at my forums!
- Scrabble? We've gotten some people that want to play, so I may begin either tonight or tomorrow. Send me a PM if you'd like to participate in Scrabble at my forums!
- Music? Working on some songs... May post updates on my forums - don't know yet...
- How do my post-rankings work? Well, you begin as a member. Then, you become a warrior. After a while, you will become a god! Each position (member, warrior, god) will have different abilities: so warriors will have more rights and privileges than members do, etc. I haven't quite figured EVERYTHING out and done it yet, but I will.

That's about it for now . Trust me, I'm sure a lot of fun will rise up in my forums! Even better, tomorrow is my last day of school!!!!!

~ Tech Warrior

I love you, but your attitude is like that of a shrew. Your options? Take a pill or be my kill. Might I suggest that you wear a vest. Perish in class or be banished to the land of bluegrass, where dreams don't exist as you'll be eternally pissed.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 91
27 May 2011 04:23 #2
If people are interested, I think they'll probably just go directly to your forum....

• Thank you received: 91
27 May 2011 04:35 #3
May 26, 2011, 8:41pm, techwarrior wrote:
- Not much is going on globally around the forum...

What a great way to attract attention. Honestly, no one wants to go to a dead forum.

- We are already at puzzle 3 of Hangman there! Just posted it... And really Hangman there is best when it's a team Hangman here and singles can't play . Well singles, you can go play at my forums!
- Scrabble? We've gotten some people that want to play, so I may begin either tonight or tomorrow. Send me a PM if you'd like to participate in Scrabble at my forums!
- Music? Working on some songs... May post updates on my forums - don't know yet...

I'm wondering why you're advertising your forum here so persistently, and why you're touting things that haven't started yet. What are the advantages of your forum over any other one? Personally, I would rather stick to a forum run by a large and experience staff force, than this one.

- How do my post-rankings work? Well, you begin as a member. Then, you become a warrior. After a while, you will become a god! Each position (member, warrior, god) will have different abilities: so warriors will have more rights and privileges than members do, etc. I haven't quite figured EVERYTHING out and done it yet, but I will.

Having only three ranks is a terrible idea. And gaining powers based on postcount is even worse. Granting powers to people should be your decision, based on your opinion of that person. Also, you need more ranks. Part of the fun of postcount is getting a higher rank, and only being able to advance twice takes the fun out of it. Finally, no one should be on the same level as you. The admin needs to have the highest power, while other classes can have powers almost equal to yours, but slightly lower. If you're a god, no one else should be. Hence another reason to add more ranks.

• Joey
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Doer of things.
27 May 2011 16:12 #4
@nobody I'm just going to assume you didn't actually visit my forums after that post...

Dead forum? The forum isn't dead, and never will be (for now). What would you expect with only 10 members? It's not like there isn't ANYTHING going on...

What do you mean advantages?! My forum is not suppossed to be a novice replica of this one at all... It is a place where I post updates and news and things going on in my musc world, gaming world, and general world - somewhat like this blog, but bigger...

And ranks?

Quote:0 - Idle Member
1 - New Member
10 - Enhancing Member
25 - Contributing Member
80 - Active Member
125 - Beloved Member
200 - New Warrior
350 - Experienced Warrioir
500 - Respected Warrior
750 - Supreme Warrior
1000 - Posting Supremo
1337 - Elite Warrior
1750 - King Warrior
2000 - New God
2500 - Elite Supremo
2700 - Supreme Sun God
3000 - Dragon God
5000 - Tech Supremo
10000 - Tech God

As much as some ranks may never be achieved, it's simply a post scale like this forum's and all the others... And powers with posts? The reason for warriors and gods gaining more powers IS because of their overall maturity... No one is going to post 1000 useless posts... But overall mature and friendly posts... Therefore gaining them an added privilege.

~ Tech Warrior

I love you, but your attitude is like that of a shrew. Your options? Take a pill or be my kill. Might I suggest that you wear a vest. Perish in class or be banished to the land of bluegrass, where dreams don't exist as you'll be eternally pissed.

• Joey
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Doer of things.
12 Jul 2011 04:23 #5
*Bump*

I'm here to advertise my forum again. It's improved greatly in the past month, so please go check it out and join! Boards have been re-ordered, we got a ShoutBox installed, plenty more members, thus more discussions! Over 50 people have logged on in the past 24 hours, so the community is growing! Join today!

• Perishingflames
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Thank you received: 21
12 Jul 2011 04:55 #6
Loooool 50 people must include guests (or should i say, google cache, etc site crawlers).

• Ian_Cordle
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Advanced Marbler
  • eSports Director
  • Thank you received: 10
12 Jul 2011 04:56 #7
My thoughts exactly. Bots and Dynamic IPs can make a website seem... very popular even when maybe only 3 members have visited.

• Joey
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Doer of things.
12 Jul 2011 05:17 #8
Excuse me, but I do actually READ who's been on the past 24 hours - hence, 12 members (who infact make and participate in discussions) and 45 guests. People tell me they hang around as guests, whilst I can recognize most of the guests' IPs.

• Perishingflames
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
12 Jul 2011 05:38 #9
Well you worded it completely misleadingly. Logged on != browsed as guests. And I guarantee you most of those guest IPs are, like Ian said, bots.

• Ian_Cordle
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Advanced Marbler
  • eSports Director
  • Thank you received: 10
12 Jul 2011 14:25 #10
Bots and/or one or two people who have a very dynamic IP address. I've seen it plenty of times on my own sites.

• Joey
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Doer of things.
12 Jul 2011 15:43 #11
Jul 11, 2011, 10:17pm, techwarrior wrote:Excuse me, but I do actually READ who's been on the past 24 hours - hence, 12 members (who infact make and participate in discussions) and 45 guests. People tell me they hang around as guests, whilst I can recognize most of the guests' IPs.

Actually, I did a comparison, and half of those IPs are CONFIRMED to be the same IP as many of our members.

EDIT: Which unfortunately means the other half would probably be a bunch of %&#^ing Web Crawlers.

• Joey
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Doer of things.
12 Jul 2011 21:05 #12
...Or they are our future hackers... We'd better keep an eye out!

• Joey
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Doer of things.
28 Jul 2011 01:14 #13
BUMP.

Okay, for the past few weeks, the staff at my forum has been working hard getting new codes and things and to improve the experience. By the time July 30th comes, we should have all our new codes and things ready and installed. Some new things we've got are:

- Tables. It's the thing I've been looking for since I first started with codes on the forum, and we've finally got it!
- New Controversial and Debate Forum. It's to debate and discuss what's going on today in the world, in politics, in whatever. Nobody says it's a good idea. And when he says it's good, you know it's good.
- New codes. We've added new things such as PM Alert, Posts per day, color codes, forum age... All that and more!
- A new forum game FINALLY arose: Jeopardy. I don't know how long we'll keep it up, but heck - it had better last a while!
- Colored display names - And not just that, we've also got MULTI-COLORED display names! They're currently not in use, but eventually they'll be.

Currently we're under maintenance mode getting all the finalization done, so members there, if you're wondering why, there's your answer. We should be done in atleast 24 hours if not less!

Staff, please login to my forums when you see this.

• Perishingflames
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
28 Jul 2011 02:16 #14
Should one be able to read the buttons without hovering the mouse over them?

• Joey
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Doer of things.
28 Jul 2011 02:25 #15
Huh? What do you mean, PF?

• Perishingflames
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
28 Jul 2011 02:57 #16

• Joey
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Doer of things.
28 Jul 2011 03:05 #17
On default skin yes, however, the other skins do have bugs with that...

• dobrakmato
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Thank you received: 0
28 Jul 2011 10:21 #18
Agree with PF.
I think it was looks better with white-silverwhite gradient instead of that blue to white.

You can disable it with bit of javascript.

• Joey
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Doer of things.
28 Jul 2011 19:25 #19
Mato, I don't know what you did with the code, but it's bits confusing! I can't tell where I need to modify it, as it all mostly looks the same...

[To TWW Staff] Please log on there when you see this! We've got to discuss some things!

EDIT: Ah I gotcha PF. You're using Chrome, aren't you? It does look a lot different on that...

• dobrakmato
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Experienced Marbler
28 Jul 2011 22:32 #20
Joey, know somebody from staff css or javascript?

• Joey
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Doer of things.
28 Jul 2011 22:36 #21
No... Me and Will know HTML, but that's about it. If I upgrade you to staff do you think you could edit it?

• Joey
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Doer of things.
28 Jul 2011 22:40 #22
Jul 28, 2011, 3:32pm, dobrakmato wrote:Joey, know somebody from staff css or javascript?

Actually, I only know javascript.

• Joey
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Doer of things.
28 Jul 2011 22:41 #23
Oh...

EDIT: Head over there Will. We need to discuss some things...

• dobrakmato
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Experienced Marbler
28 Jul 2011 23:00 #24
Probably yes, but i don't have much time now...

• Joey
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Doer of things.
28 Jul 2011 23:04 #25
Okay well I upgraded you for whenever you do have time.

• Perishingflames
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
28 Jul 2011 23:10 #26
Jul 28, 2011, 12:25pm, techwarrior wrote:Mato, I don't know what you did with the code, but it's bits confusing! I can't tell where I need to modify it, as it all mostly looks the same...

[To TWW Staff] Please log on there when you see this! We've got to discuss some things!

EDIT: Ah I gotcha PF. You're using Chrome, aren't you? It does look a lot different on that...

Safari, but they are both based on WebKit so yeah

• Joey
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Doer of things.
29 Jul 2011 01:00 #27
Gotcha.

Okay guys, we're almost ready to release! All that's left is skin testing. I've modified each of the skins, including the default. Now it's time for staff to test them out and make final modifications.

• Thank you received: 123
29 Jul 2011 01:02 #28
Yay! Hurry up, now

• Joey
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Doer of things.
29 Jul 2011 01:03 #29
It's not ME that needs to hurry...

• Joey
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Doer of things.
29 Jul 2011 01:44 #30
Oh what the heck. This is taking forever. So...

--1.2 Released!!--

New features:
    MANY new codes, featuring:
    - Additional Info. When you click Reply, an extra field will come up that says Additional Info. Use it to add, well, additional info!
    - New PM. When you receive a new PM, a box will come up at the bottom-right corner of your screen saying, You received 1 new PM.
    - Colors. When you click Reply, a color box will appear next to your other UBBC tags. Use this to color your text.
    - Tables. This is the ultimate key to improving this forum! Check out some of the boards to find new tables.
    - Forum Age. Located in the Info Center. Will tell us how old our forum is in years/months/days.
    - Posts per day
    - More...

New Controversial and Debate Forum.

Jeopardy FINALLY decides to begin.

Revamped Default Skin.

Other skin modifications...

Re-organized board structure.

More!

It's not too late to sign up! Enjoy.

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 1.111 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.