file Tech's KI Trip!

• Joey
  • Joey's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Doer of things.
  • Thank you received: 191
21 May 2011 05:08 #1
Okay I have returned from my field trip to King's ISland! We left the school at around 8:30 and arrived at around 9:00 - 9:30... When the park opened I went straight with some of my friends and hit the rides! Perhaps you'd want to know all we rode? Okay! These rides are in sequential order in the order I rode them .

SEQUENCE: Ride Name - Type - Thrill Rating (1 - Low; 2 - Mild; 3 - Moderate; 4 - High; 5 - Aggressive)
Viking Fury (2x) - Thrill Ride - 3
Flight Deck (2x) - Rollercoaster - 4
Adventure Express - Rollercoaster - 5
Shake, Rattle, Roll! - Thrill Ride - 3
Skyline Chili! - Restaurant
The Beast - Rollercoaster - 5
Diamondback - Rollercoaster - 5
The Crypt - Thrill Ride - 5
Delirium - Thrill Ride - 5
The Racer - Rollercoaster - 4
The Vortex - Rollercoaster - 5
Flight Deck (again!) - Rollercoaster - 5
Adventure Express (again) - Rollercoaster - 5
The Racer (again) - Rollercoaster - 4
The Crypt (again) - Thrill Ride - 5
The Vortex (again) - Rollercoaster - 5
Eiffel Tower - Transport Ride - 2

And to answer some questions as well as give some interesting facts about King's Island:
- Their newest ride for 2011 is WindSeeker! It's a thrill ride with a rating of 4 and takes you 301 feet (30 stories above the park) into the air and swings you around and around at like 50-60 mph! The reason I couldn't ride it was because it got struck by lightning on one of the storm days...
- Son of Beast has been closed down for good. It's not even on the park maps anymore and they've taken all the signs down about it. Too many injuries have hit on that ride so it's down for good...
- Diamondback is KI's fastest, tallest, and meanest rollercoaster! It has a 210 foot-hill and shoots you at speeds up to 80 mph! I loved it! It's smoother than any other ride I've ever ridden!
- The Crypt was new to me. Today was the first time I rode it! And I gotta say, it was pretty awesome. It's a large room with this thing inside that swings you around and around a bar and sometimes even going upside down!
- An interesting fact I learned... Some of you may know the King Cobra rollercoaster that existed there a while ago. Like, '90s while ago. Well, I've read that evidence of it is still there! It's rotting behind the Son of Beast... I've never ridden Son of Beast before it closed, so I didn't actually see it, but I've read that it's still there...

- My all-time favorite rollercoaster at KI is FireHawk. I didn't ride it though because it broke down.

I love you, but your attitude is like that of a shrew. Your options? Take a pill or be my kill. Might I suggest that you wear a vest. Perish in class or be banished to the land of bluegrass, where dreams don't exist as you'll be eternally pissed.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 15
21 May 2011 05:23 #2
Glad you had fun! Sounds like an awesome amusement park.

• Joey
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Doer of things.
21 May 2011 05:50 #3
And a big one at that! My feet are KILLING me from walking around that place!

I love you, but your attitude is like that of a shrew. Your options? Take a pill or be my kill. Might I suggest that you wear a vest. Perish in class or be banished to the land of bluegrass, where dreams don't exist as you'll be eternally pissed.

• Thank you received: 0
21 May 2011 06:48 #4
You should become a theme park reviewer or something judging by your rating thing

Sounds like a fun time, I'd join you if it wasn't rollercoasters involved

*waits for the staff rollercoaster extraordinaire, i.e. Pablo*

• Thank you received: 18
21 May 2011 13:58 #5
Must have been a great day. Shame about Firehawk; it was actually the first flying coaster ever made, and therefore has more mechanical issues than later revisions of the design, especially those by another company.

What about Flight of Fear? That's the only coaster at KI I haven't been on. Invertigo . . have you been on any Giant Inverted Boomerangs elsewhere? Backlot Stunt Coaster is awesome too, with lots of special effects, even though it's classified as a family coaster.

There are some parts of King Cobra rusting in the grass:

• Joey
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Doer of things.
21 May 2011 14:09 #6
Wow thanks for sharing the pic! Flight of Fear I've rode, and it was sweet! I didn't ride it yesterday though... The reason was the line. It's probably the longest line wait in the park: 2 hours! Invertigo? It's not my favorite... The first time I rode it I thought, Meh, not the best. So now I spend my time on some of the higher thrills! KI and Cedar Point are really the only two amusement parks I've been to... And I don't think there are any inverted boomerangs up there... Backlot Stunt Coaster was fun, but I didn't ride yesterday just because it wasn't my type of coaster that day... What's your favorite coaster you've been on?

21 May 2011 14:27 #7
If you have to choose just two parks to go to, KI and CP aren't so bad choices.

My favorite coaster overall is probably Millenium Force. Some of my others are Diamondback at KI, Storm Runner at Hershey, El Toro at Great Adventure, and Hulk at Islands of Adventure.

• Joey
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Doer of things.
21 May 2011 15:00 #8
I never rode Millenium Force because I was too scared to get on it . Though you may be able to talk me into riding it . Now, Top Thrill Dragster you can't talk me into riding, 'cuz I won't do it. That ride is fun to watch, but I can't imagine me riding it! My favorite ride at CP would have to be Raptor, just because, it's Raptor!

EDIT: And wow! You've been to a lot of parks!

• RDs.The-dts-guy
  • Developer
  • Developer
  • Blender pls
  • Thank you received: 188
21 May 2011 16:04 #9
Hope you enjoyed it. Btw Son of a beast still exist here.

Some guy that does DTS shapes and levels.

AWESOME time HINT : When making PQ level place your custom interiors and textures in platinum/data/interiors_pq/custom
makes life easier for you and everyone else :)

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
  • Thank you received: 912
21 May 2011 16:11 #10
I'd never set a foot in that park

"matan, now i get what you meant a few years back when you said that "the level in mbg is beyond me" after the last rampage i noticed things were insane, and now i truly feel that too" - Dushine, 2015.

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
  • Thank you received: 912
21 May 2011 16:12 #11
May 20, 2011, 11:48pm, william59 wrote:You should become a theme park reviewer or something judging by your rating thing

Don't judge my Theme Park Inc speedrun (or the 3 theme parks I do anyway). Please.

"matan, now i get what you meant a few years back when you said that "the level in mbg is beyond me" after the last rampage i noticed things were insane, and now i truly feel that too" - Dushine, 2015.

21 May 2011 16:15 #12
RDs, that's an old 2009 map.

Tech, did you think the queue line for Flight Deck was absurdly long?

• RDs.The-dts-guy
  • Developer
  • Developer
  • Blender pls
  • Thank you received: 188
21 May 2011 16:20 #13
May 21, 2011, 9:12am, admin wrote:
May 20, 2011, 11:48pm, william59 wrote:You should become a theme park reviewer or something judging by your rating thing

Don't judge my Theme Park Inc speedrun (or the 3 theme parks I do anyway). Please.

I havent played Theme park Inc but just a question. Have you actualy tried roller coaster tycoon 3? I know both games are simlar. Main diference is that in RCT3 you can built your own coasters.

Some guy that does DTS shapes and levels.

AWESOME time HINT : When making PQ level place your custom interiors and textures in platinum/data/interiors_pq/custom
makes life easier for you and everyone else :)

• Joey
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Doer of things.
21 May 2011 16:26 #14
Never been there, but Diamondback looks good. I've seen the POV on YT.

• Joey
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Doer of things.
21 May 2011 19:09 #15
Yes. Pablo is correct. That map is from 2009, when it was still alive. I would only ride Flight of Fear if you're willing to wait 1 1/2 - 2 hours... I have RCT 2, but not 3. In fact I'm busy building Kings Island right now .

@IsraeliRD - That might be because you live on the other side of the earth

@Alphanumeric - And it's awesome! If you live somewhat close to KI (Mason, Ohio, USA) you should definitely spend a $30 on a ticket and have some fun!

• Thank you received: 91
21 May 2011 19:12 #16
How did you NOT get motion sickness? o.o

• Joey
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Doer of things.
21 May 2011 20:29 #17
It's just me . One time I rode Diamonback twice directly after the All-you-can-eat buffet, and didn't feel sick once.

• Thank you received: 0
21 May 2011 21:40 #18
What a coincidence. I was just at Hersheypark yesterday, and I went on Stormrunner, Great Bear, and Fahrenheit in the hour before it closed . So proud of myself. I have never been to King's Island, but I did visit King's Dominion last year, which was pretty cool.

22 May 2011 02:07 #19
That's great, Sim! Hershey gets really awesome in the evening.

I'm hoping to go to King's Dominion and Busch Gardens this summer.

• ktbold12345
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
22 May 2011 21:12 #20
Best amusement park of all time = drumroll

CEDAR POINT!!!

King's Island is also good though. Apparently, you didn't go on Slingshot like I told you to.

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 0.926 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.