file Tech's Marble Blast History

• Joey
  • Joey's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Doer of things.
  • Thank you received: 191
14 Jun 2011 19:37 #1

I was introduced to the game. This was also the year that I learned the cheat codes Testcheats=1; and defaultmarble.gravity=2;. I also learned how to unlock levels, so I did that. My skills weren't the best, ofcourse, as I was only a young child. I couldn't pass such levels like Half-Pipe Elite, Gauntlet, and Grand Finale...

Things got bigger. I would have MBG on all the computers in my house, and play it forever. This was also the year that I stayed up 'till 4:30 in the morning playing Twisting the Night Away , no joke.

2006-2008

My break from MBG or even MB all-together. At the beginning of 2007 is when I discovered these forums. During this period I have gotten new computers, so Marble Blast was gone altogether. In 2008 my dad got a YouTube, but gave it to me in 2010.

We bought MBG for my birthday this year. I began to make levels in the LE... Forgot completely about the forums during this period, therefore had no clue about Constructor or QuArK...

I then took quite a break from MBG until September of 2010. This is where the real stuff happens... My dad gave me his YouTube, and I began uploading on September 18, 2010. From this time all the way until now, I've played Marble Blast. In December of 2010 is when I first talked to Matan on YouTube, after seeing his LE guide, asking him about interiors. Hence, I discovered Constructor. During this month I also went back to the forums, going there (here) for help with custom-level building. I also talked to Pokko about a Map2Dif problem... I learned Constructor a little bit, but dropped it after like a week, and never picked it up again until May 30, 2011.

This month (December, 2010) is also where I decided to look through the mods board and actually explore this forum. I discovered MBP, and downloaded it, and enjoyed it! I also discovered MBOpal, and when I realized they needed a music-maker, I hopped right to their forums! That was the day I first talked to Jeff, Ian, and Greg. When I made them 2 tracks, I was accepted as staff!

Let's not forget that this is also when I started MBSuperStar! When I realized that you could mod and make MBG, I got my ideas and plans out! You guys don't even know how long I've wanted to create a game... I learned all the aspects, and am currently learning how to use the programs I need for it...

January

This month was more of a pausing period for me. I slowed down on MBG, picked up on MBP, and worked more tracks for MBO... Jeff has also really helped me in coding - IDR if it was this month or February, but I was learning how to modify .mis files, game.cs, triggers.cs and more!

February

I think here is when I learned init.cs, but I honestly don't remember what happened at all this month...

March

I created some friction textures for MBS, and Jeff created some interior tests for me... I coded new frictions, and voila! New frictions!

April

When I went to open up Constructor again, that's where my problems cam in... About memory... Me and Jeff argued talked about it, and it came to where I needed more RAM...

May

This is when I decided to join the forums! When the MBO Forums moved, I joined there and then came here! From that day to this day I think is the period I've spent the most time on MB-Related stuff... I also created my forums, and got Constructor working, and built my first true custom level! I want to thank everybody out there for giving me a great understanding of Marble Blast, Level Building, coding, modding, etc., and I especially want to thank these people: Jeff, Matan, Pablo, Pokko, Ian, Greg, Mato, and the rest of the MBO Team, as they've helped me numerously with different tasks, and the staff of MBS: NaCl and Amun-Ra! Thank you everyone and this is my Marble Blast history!

I love you, but your attitude is like that of a shrew. Your options? Take a pill or be my kill. Might I suggest that you wear a vest. Perish in class or be banished to the land of bluegrass, where dreams don't exist as you'll be eternally pissed.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 18
14 Jun 2011 22:13 #2
You've really been playing for a while!

• Thank you received: 0
14 Jun 2011 23:09 #3
Yes indeedy, what he said ^^

• Thank you received: 25
15 Jun 2011 02:30 #4
Woah, you've had that game for a while.

Intresting...

• Thank you received: 1
15 Jun 2011 03:22 #5
I love learning how forum members got their start. Very cool!

• Joey
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Doer of things.
15 Jun 2011 04:11 #6
Thanks guys! Honestly, I'm kind of surprised that I'm not nearly as good as Pascal... Perhaps it was those breaks in between where I didn't play for a while...

I love you, but your attitude is like that of a shrew. Your options? Take a pill or be my kill. Might I suggest that you wear a vest. Perish in class or be banished to the land of bluegrass, where dreams don't exist as you'll be eternally pissed.

• RDs.The-dts-guy
  • Developer
  • Developer
  • Blender pls
  • Thank you received: 188
15 Jun 2011 07:05 #7
Jun 14, 2011, 9:11pm, techwarrior wrote:Thanks guys! Honestly, I'm kind of surprised that I'm not nearly as good as Pascal... Perhaps it was those breaks in between where I didn't play for a while...
My consern is that Pascal has talent plaing MB since he was 1st one who started discovering thouse shortcuts in GG forums.

Nice post btw.

Some guy that does DTS shapes and levels.

AWESOME time HINT : When making PQ level place your custom interiors and textures in platinum/data/interiors_pq/custom
makes life easier for you and everyone else :)

• Thank you received: 123
15 Jun 2011 12:12 #8
I first saw these forums somewhere in 2007 as well, and I think my skills were a little bit better. I still remember manually installing MBP successfully around that time too! I can't remember when I got MB though, maybe 2003-2004?

• Joey
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Doer of things.
15 Jun 2011 17:16 #9
Well are you a pro marbler?

• Three
  • Lead Developer
  • Lead Developer
  • level designer
  • Thank you received: 349
15 Jun 2011 21:53 #10
Tech Warrior's history is the EXACT SAME as mine! Just one thing: I played MBU before MBG.

Follow me on twitter at @threefolder

• Joey
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Doer of things.
15 Jun 2011 22:01 #11
Wait so you joined in May, started MBS, are apart of the MBO team, and first talked to Matan in December? I don't think so...

• Three
  • Lead Developer
  • Lead Developer
  • level designer
15 Jun 2011 22:03 #12
Oh... nope. I meant 2004-2008.

• Joey
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Doer of things.
15 Jun 2011 22:04 #13
Quick! Did you stay up 'till 4AM playing Twisting the Night Away?

• Three
  • Lead Developer
  • Lead Developer
  • level designer
15 Jun 2011 22:08 #14
You bet.

• Joey
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Doer of things.
15 Jun 2011 22:10 #15
That was when I was a noob. Now I can win it in less than a minute

• Three
  • Lead Developer
  • Lead Developer
  • level designer
16 Jun 2011 00:52 #16
Me too.

• Jeff
  • Elite Marbler
  • Elite Marbler
  • PlatinumQuest Programmer
  • Thank you received: 205
16 Jun 2011 03:53 #17
Aww, thanks for mentioning me Joey.

I am a programmer. Most here know me for being one of the major contributors to Marble Blast Platinum and PlatinumQuest.

• Joey
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Doer of things.
16 Jun 2011 04:43 #18
Your welcome Jeffy

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 1.084 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.