check Introducing Marbleland, a custom level sharing platform

• Vanilagy
  • Vanilagy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Intermediate Marbler
  • Intermediate Marbler
  • Thank you received: 49
28 Apr 2021 20:01 - 05 Jun 2023 15:45 #1
Hey everyone!

The recent departure of HiGuy meant that he took down a lot of services he's made in the past, including his CLA website which webport relies on. This, and having always thought that Marble Blast custom levels are kind of a mess (they're all over the place and they're all uploaded in different formats with README instructions and so on), I decided I wanna try and improve things, so I spent the last couple of weeks creating Marbleland.

Marbleland is a website meant to contain *all* custom levels for Marble Blast. It allows you to search and download levels and also upload all your own levels. I also added a level pack feature which allows users to bundle multiple thematically related levels on Marbleland together which can then be downloaded all at once with a single click.

In order to add your own content to Marbleland, you'll need to create an account. I encourage every one of you to create an account, check if all your own custom levels are already there and if not, to add them. Additionally, it would be great if you could group your levels into your own level pack.

I already added the entire HiGuy CLA, Invictaa's 2016-2021 CLA and all PQ customs, which adds up to about 5000 levels which is over 5GB of content. Some levels might be duplicate and others missing or wrongly imported, and that's why I ask all of you to test this website as much as you can.

The goal of Marbleland is to ultimately replace the forum post custom level submission thing we've been doing for so many years and to have a single, standard place to share our custom levels.

Check it out here: marbleland.vaniverse.io/
And the GitHub here: github.com/Vanilagy/Marbleland

~Vani
Last edit: 05 Jun 2023 15:45 by RandomityGuy. Reason: vani.ga -> vaniverse.io
The following user(s) said Thank You: HiGuy, Kalle29, RandomityGuy, NF, QwertyQwertz, DKman00, Nockess, CylinderKnot, Whitepoplar

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Nockess
  • Respected Marbler
  • Respected Marbler
  • Cheater Supreme
  • Thank you received: 786
28 Apr 2021 20:06 #2
Awesome alternative to HiGuy's CLA site. I've been seriously missing it since it got taken down so I'm thrilled to see something like this come to life. Thank you so much for making this.

Call me Chris!

Discord: Nockess#4107
YouTube: www.youtube.com/Nockess
Custom Levels: marbleland.vaniverse.io/profile/5
The following user(s) said Thank You: Vanilagy

• Vanilagy
  • Intermediate Marbler
  • Intermediate Marbler
28 Apr 2021 20:15 #3
Ah, before I forget. Stuff still is buggy and files missing in some zips, so would be cool to list all the bugs and missing features you find here in this thread so I can find them easily and fix 'em.

Thank you!

• Vanilagy
  • Intermediate Marbler
  • Intermediate Marbler
29 Apr 2021 08:46 #4
Seems like Chrome doesn't yet know my site and is flagging downloads as "not commonly downloaded and potentially dangerous". Sadly, there's little I can do about this. Let's hope it'll go away after some time.

• Vanilagy
  • Intermediate Marbler
  • Intermediate Marbler
05 May 2021 20:07 #5
Marbleland left beta and is now in v1.0.0! I added a bunch of features since then, the most notable being batch level download (available from the search page) allowing you to download a massive amount of levels at once.
The following user(s) said Thank You: QwertyQwertz

• Vanilagy
  • Intermediate Marbler
  • Intermediate Marbler
05 Jan 2022 19:32 #6
Alright quick update: Versions 2.5 and 2.6 of PQ added a lot of new assets and Marbleland didn't register on them. I just updated it to contain the newest version of PQ, so uploading levels with MBU assets should work just fine now!

Also fixed a few buggies

• Jiquor
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • STOPX Creator
  • Thank you received: 155
06 Jan 2022 00:17 #7
This has been a great resource. However I would like to see a place where you can download textures/an entire texture folder/textures contained for the stage that was downloaded. A few stages I've used as references to make STOP II D.L.C stages have given me Invalid Packet issues, and going through the .dif was not a cake walk to figure out what textures were missing.

STOPX Creator. Getting better by every release.

• Vanilagy
  • Intermediate Marbler
  • Intermediate Marbler
06 Jan 2022 08:21 #8
Just download the level with "Including all assets"?

• Jiquor
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • STOPX Creator
  • Thank you received: 155
07 Jan 2022 00:18 #9
Found it after five minutes. That arrow wasn’t immediately obvious.

Thanks though.

STOPX Creator. Getting better by every release.

• Vanilagy
  • Intermediate Marbler
  • Intermediate Marbler
16 Jul 2022 11:59 #10
eyo the thing now backs itself up

github.com/Vanilagy/MarblelandBackups

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 0.877 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.