file Slower top speed on controller?

• pgeddon
  • pgeddon's Avatar Topic Author
  • New Marbler
  • New Marbler
  • Thank you received: 0
15 Nov 2022 20:54 #1
Hi all,

Been playing MBU for a good few months now, tried with m & kb for the first time today and noticed the velocity on the ball was notably quicker compared to using the analogue stick ive so far otherwise been using on my 360 pad.

Is this a well known fact that cant be changed or am I being silly? If the latter how do I get the ball to move as fast when using the 360 pad?

Playing on PC btw.

Love this game.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Go'way
  • Beginner Marbler
  • Beginner Marbler
  • Blender Enthusiast
  • Thank you received: 32
15 Nov 2022 23:34 #2
in Marble Blast if you hold forward and either left or right you can use diagonal movement where your ball moves 1.4x faster as it doesn't normalize the direction the marble is going.
if you're playing OpenMBU (or the older MBU PC Port) this is only possible on KB+M as it maps the controller values in a way that you cant get that kind of speed (unless you modify your controller physically to allow the joystick to be pushed further into the corners or use an external program to map them yourself.) given that OpenMBU is still in active development, this might change in the future.
if you're playing PlatinumQuest i believe it has diagonal movement support for controllers, otherwise certain levels would be impossible to complete.

Owen Maitzen 1997-2021

• pgeddon
  • pgeddon's Avatar Topic Author
  • New Marbler
  • New Marbler
  • Thank you received: 0
16 Nov 2022 14:38 #3
yeah thanks, i'm aware of the diagonal 1.4x stuff.

though im fairly certain even just holding one direction here (forward) im getting more velocity on my keyboard than I am with my 360 controller analogue stick.

version is 1.9.16 MBU on PC

• Kalle29
  • I blame ping for losing
  • Thank you received: 754
16 Nov 2022 17:12 #4
Are you certain as in you have tried to go in a straight line and compared the times or does it just feel that way?

Either way I don't know if we can do anything about it considering it's a different game from PQ. I personally recommend just using PQ as it has all MBU levels and hundreds more.

༼ ͡◕ ͜ ʖ ͡◕༽ You have been visited by the Nivea™ Donger of moisture. Soft skin and good fortune will come to you, but only if you post "thank you Mr. Skeltal" in this thread ༼ ͡◕ ͜ ʖ ͡◕༽

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 0.929 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.