Before posting, please read the rules pertaining to verification of times.

file Platinum/Ultra Easter Eggs - World Record Rampage

• IsraeliRD
  • IsraeliRD's Avatar Topic Author
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
  • Thank you received: 912
28 Apr 2020 19:16 #1
GAMES PLAYED:
This rampage focuses on Easter Eggs found in Marble Blast Ultra and Marble Blast Platinum Official & Director's Cut levels only.

DURATION:
Submissions close 31st August 2020, but an extra 14 days of extension can be given only if necessary.

RULES:
All runs must be done on .rrec & on PlatinumQuest Online.
Screenshot glitching or other forms of lagging your game are BANNED. Minimum acceptable FPS is 30 as allowed by PQ's options menu.
Powerup/Gravity/Teleport and other abusable restart glitches are BANNED.
Every other glitch is ALLOWED unless there is widespread agreement in the community. Please discuss before attempting runs using those glitches as they may be banned.

GAME VERSION:
You must play on PlatinumQuest version 2.3.34 or above.
All versions below (2.3.33) are NOT ACCEPTED as the recording file will not sync.

RECORDING:
PlatinumQuest versions 2.3.40 and above AUTOMATICALLY SAVE the recording even if you didn't press the Recording button! It is recommended that you do... but you don't have to.
World Records automatically save their .rrec offline and attempt to send online.

Easter Eggs are Elapsed Time only!
Time Travels do not affect your final time. Easter Eggs only care about your Elapsed Time, that is your actual time without Time Tavels.

KNOWN ISSUES:
DO NOT RESTART UNTIL THE GAME SAVES THE RECORDING. If you get the Easter Egg, then restart the level before the game saves your replay, it will only save your restart! This will cause the game to only play back 1/10th of the new run instead of saving the old run. This will be fixed!
Time Travels break playback, this will be fixed. .rrec files on 2.3.33-40 will not desync.

SUBMITTING RECORDS:
- All records are for THREE decimal places.
- Date of recording is not needed.
- You must submit the way you want to appear in the rampage. Choose one of these three examples:
--> Let's Roll! – 1:23.587 – Matan ‘IsraeliRD’ Weissman
--> Let's Roll! – 1:23.587 – Matan Weissman
--> Let's Roll! – 1:23.587 – IsraeliRD
-> Lack of the above will default to your username only.

Rather than keep in this topic all submitted records, there's a community spreadsheet that is kept at this link (click here).

"matan, now i get what you meant a few years back when you said that "the level in mbg is beyond me" after the last rampage i noticed things were insane, and now i truly feel that too" - Dushine, 2015.
The following user(s) said Thank You: LoopyTwist21

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 406
29 Apr 2020 01:39 #2
It'll be interesting to see how different the lineup of participants is for this rampage from all the other ones! I don't plan to participate myself but good luck to everyone who will, or already have, submitted runs!

(Also is the PQ rampage strictly after this one or is it just an ongoing project? Because I can't remember whether or not there's a thread for that. At any rate, even if there is, it probably hasn't been used in months.)

• HiGuy
  • Lead Developer
  • Lead Developer
  • PQ Developer Emeritus
  • Thank you received: 604
29 Apr 2020 06:35 #3
Notice about the bug where restarting causes your rrec to not save properly: going out of bounds will cause a restart and, by extension, this bug. If you go out of bounds on a WR catch, pause the game before restarting for a few seconds and your rrec will still be saved.

This signature is real code
Code:
function clientcmd12dothepq() { commandToClient(LocalClientConnection, '34onthedancefloor'); }
The following user(s) said Thank You: c0wmanglr, LoopyTwist21

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
01 Sep 2020 09:10 #4
I believe HiGuy patched only the more relevant bug of time travels and not the restart bug, but it is irrelevant right now for this rampage.

I see we have like 6-7 more levels remaining.

Unless there is something big happening, the current deadline is 30th September 2020 with an allowed extension to 15th October 2020 if someone requires.

If you are done running, please send me all your.rrec files on discord in a single zip format. 7z is better, though.

"matan, now i get what you meant a few years back when you said that "the level in mbg is beyond me" after the last rampage i noticed things were insane, and now i truly feel that too" - Dushine, 2015.

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
07 Oct 2020 18:03 #5
Hey all,

I'm going to announce a forced extension (for my sanity more than anything else), and push the final date to be 31st October. No submissions are accepted after that day.

The following user(s) said Thank You: c0wmanglr, LoopyTwist21

08 Oct 2020 14:24 #6
I know I haven't been keeping up, but I'm curious—why is this extension happening? For your sanity, which of course is very important, but what caused it?

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
08 Oct 2020 14:33 #7
Need a breather from recording/editing (Xelna's PBs, MBU WRR) and finding soundtracks which is bs. Also need to clean up after the two projects to actually be able to record the eggs hahaha. Having a few weeks cleans my mind, helps me focus on life/work and then come back full power to the next big project.

Also did you see that super fast turnaround on MBU WRR #2? Damn this is unprecedented for me LOL

The following user(s) said Thank You: NF, LoopyTwist21

08 Oct 2020 14:35 #8
Yeah I'm actually so impressed with that! That never happens around here haha, great job! Can't wait for tomorrow!

And yeah that's totally fair—take all the time you need for the eggs. I'm just excited for PQ to get underway!
The following user(s) said Thank You: IsraeliRD

• Thank you received: 31
03 Nov 2020 05:32 #9
Didn’t really expect to be near my peak egg WR count by the end of the deadline but here we are. [strike]I guess yall suck for letting me dominate the egg rampage by a huge margin [/strike]. Anyway, I’ll basically be commenting on all of my egg WRs and some other things as well, so here we go.

MBU Eggs
First Flight (6.750): Uh… pretty boring and stupid and may be the run which makes xedron stop watching the rampage :P (if that description doesn’t already spoil what it is idk what will). Literally my worst run and path in the entire rampage but hey, gotta save the best for later. Only regret is that it’s my opening run.
Ramp Matrix (3.288): Very clean edge hit and Super Jump ramp matrix, very fitting for the level.
Fork in the Road (3.660): I really don’t know how I was able to keep this uncontested (looking at you M@s), but the path is really simple here, no bullshit involved (maybe a bit of precision).
Black Diamond (13.936): Post deadline improvement cus Regi decided he was out this bitch. I woulda got this earlier if I wasn’t being stupid on the teal slope, but nonetheless it’s a very clean run, proud of this time.
Ordeal (4.199): This is very optimized and I’m proud of it, but I can see it going like .02 lower.
Daedalus (5.554): Thx for showing me the path Regi :)
Will o’ Wisp (7.111): The main improvement over MF here is the start. This can easily go sub 7.1 but I didn’t bother with it.

MBP Beginner Eggs
Let’s Roll! (3.686): For me this is one of many definite highlights of the rampage. Regi made an absolutely nutty path and I’m so glad I found it and replicated it.
Training Towers (4.477): New start tweak by Doomblah makes its debut in a WRR here
Flight of the Marble (5.067): Completely unexpected and didn’t even know I found MF’s tweak till I started writing this.
Teleport Training (9.150): Really optimized, like holy crap. I think I added a tweak to this run too. The room for improvement is noticeable in this run, but when I tried my best to beat this, I couldn’t do it within two hours, best I could muster up was a couple of 9.17x’s afterwards.
Busy Bee… (3.566): Same deal as Fork in the Road, idk how I kept this uncontested.
Learn the Wall-Hit (8.983): Bout as clean as a car that just went out of a car wash.
Learn the Random Force (3.025): I’m very curious… did anyone ever figure out what I did here? I feel like it shouldn’t be too hard to figure out. If literally no one has a clue, then I guess you’re in for a treat :).
Ramps (3.395): The tweak I incorporated here is very subtle, but makes all the difference for getting a simple sub 3.5. Very happy with this run.
Learn the Edge Hit (3.587): Nothing’s really changed here from RV’s run, although I have heard some talk of incorporating the new actual WR start for this level into the egg run, who knows if anyone will even try that tho.
Battlecube (3.604): Kinda sad that I didn’t find this tweak sooner, as that woulda put me at 4/4 Battlecube eggs that I helped pathfind for, but its w/e. I will say that the tweak here is cool tbh, neat find on Blasted’s end, and can go 3.5 with better execution.

MBP Intermediate Eggs
Sprint (13.317): This isn’t necessarily a bad run, but it could honestly be so much better. It’s basically a Frostfire tier run (in terms of optimization) so don’t expect anything crazy out of this. I only took it because no one else bothered to do it, but I project this can go sub 11 at best.
Double LoopLoop (11.332): The tweak I came up with here is so fucking satisfying to pull off and sooooo OP. It completely destroys sub 12 and even has potential to go sub 11 too, but sub 11 is gunna be very difficult. I have tried to get it but only barely missed the egg, so I guess the possibility is there.
Powerup Practice (11.974): Cool tweak by MBO, but aiming towards the egg here is the hardest part about this run. The best time that I barely missed the egg at was around 11.924, so it’s very improvable.
Byzantine Helix (4.521): Path is obvious, and my main motivation for taking this back from August was simply because my marble looks very cool in it. While the run looks nice, it’s clear where improvements can be made for a 4.4.
Astroflight (7.011): I use a different tweak than what DK did, and on paper it sounds like it shouldn’t work, but it actually does and its so retarded. This egg is so ass though so that’s why I never bothered with the sub.
Battlecube Revisited (4.891): Completely different path by me from start to egg. It looks better than Vattu’s route too :P. Main motivation for coming up with this was that I really didn’t wanna compete with Blasted in what was an ugly frame war battle.

MBP Advanced Eggs
Pink-Fold Maze (4.206): Neat tweak by August, 4.1 should be doable but hard.
Gap Aimer (8.972): This run is dedicated to Dom.
Orange-Fold Maze (3.931): Very neat path by August. I knew of this route way back when he first landed it almost a year ago, so it was only a matter of time before I took it again.
Crash Course (2.956): Fantastic find by August, although it’s a tad annoying to pull off. Clean run regardless.
Par Pit (4.119): There actually is a sort of consistent strategy to getting a time this low. 4.0x should be possible, but I’m labeling this as August’s tweak since he got a time this low first.
Quaked Path (3.750): I legitimately have no idea how I got a time this low earlier this year. I tried beating it again more recently and I couldn’t even get close.
Frictional Battlecube (4.510): Another new path by me. Not sure if this will be a highlight level or not but all I know is that whoever runs this egg later is gunna hate me for this.

MBP Expert Eggs
Speed Attack (30.050): I definitely would’ve gone for the big sub here if it weren’t for M@s taking some of my egg records and if I had more time to do so, but w/e. This route is really ass to pull off, but it looks sick as hell so it could very well be a highlight level of the rampage.
Platform Mayhem (36.302): This is hands down my favorite egg to grind out of all of them. Everything about this feels so good to me and imo it flows really well. I incorporated two tweaks here which saved me a good 3 seconds over Blasted so I’m proud of this one.
Card Daddy’s Card Collection (7.556): I suffered multiple injuries from busting my ass on the spire only to get this insane egg catch. Luckily, I know how to replicate it, so if anyone wants help, hmu :).
Battlecube Finale (3.643): Very sexy path, very proud to have come up with it way back in January. Just fyi, you’re not gunna be expecting what I do here.

MBP DC Eggs
Bent Reality (7.239): Very straight forward path, nothing too special other than tight lines.
Castle Wars (28.942): Cool path that DK found, but its really hard to get the ideal run imo. This can go like a second lower with better execution.
Frictional Climb (6.814): This is just the WRR route repurposed for the egg, nothing too special here.
Learning the Basics (4.553): Doomblah start allows you to cuck Jean in certain frame wars :).
Master the Jump Boost (3.141): One of my last minute egg records, and other than it being jacob’s path, there’s not much to really say about this one.
Ramp Launch (5.618): I honestly think that this run makes the perfect send off for the egg rampage. You’ll see what I mean when you watch it.

Eggs I’m Excited to See
-MBU Scaffold
-MBU King of the Mountain
-Marble Mini Golf
-Roll Like the Wind!
-Downhill Racing
-Skill Zone
-Divergence
-Swivel
-Perilous Road
-Rolling to Eternity
-Stamina
-Recoil Ultra Course (Apparently August didn’t do what I did here??)
-The Time Travel Race
-Sand Storm (how tf do you do this without a trap??)
-Uphill Racing
-Don’t Jump! (I think I’m most excited for this run, as I legitimately have no idea how 8 seconds is possible)
-Catwalks
-TTOTTS
-Ice Diamond

Other Random Things No One Cares About
-My WR count going into the rampage is 40 (31% of all EE WRs), my peak WR count is 43 (33.3%).
-If hypothetically I never lost a single Egg WR ever since I started grinding eggs roughly a year ago, my total WR count would be 82 out of 129 eggs (63.5%). Holding or once held WR on 15/20 MBU eggs, 14/19 MBP Beginner eggs, 15/24 MBP Intermediate eggs, 17/34 MBP Advanced eggs, 11/21 MBP Expert Eggs, and 10/11 MBP DC eggs.
-If you combined the egg WR counts of M@s, August, and Jean (2nd, 3rd, and 4th in WR count respectively), it would add up to 38, only two away from 40.
-Contributed to 13 eggs in terms of pathfinding (14 if you count Marble Mini Golf Icichole but what M@s did wasn’t what I did at all).

Congrats to all the runners that made it in and here’s to hoping that this rampage will be a good one.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eclipsia

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
28 Dec 2020 17:07 #10
Easter Eggs World Record Rampage - Marble Blast Ultra & Marble Blast Platinum

The Marble Blast Community has been very busy, providing a THIRD rampage this year! We are wrapping the year up with an absolutely extravagant Rampage, showcasing 127/129 World Records, contributed by 22 runners! This rampage was worked on for most of 2020, even while the Ultra rampage was happening.

Enjoy!

The following user(s) said Thank You: Eclipsia

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
31 Dec 2020 17:45 #11
Easter Eggs World Record Rampage Bloopers - Marble Blast Ultra & Marble Blast Platinum

Getting great times takes even greater patience. This excellent blooper reel demonstrates more than traplaunches, but how close you can be to the Egg and still not get that Ramp Matrix luck you need.

Enjoy!

• Blasted
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Speedrunner and Level Maker
  • Thank you received: 105
31 Dec 2020 19:44 #12
Submission comments:

Scaffold (7.080): This was one of the last egg records I achieved before the deadline, and probably the highlight of my contribution because of how cool the path itself is. The beginning edge-hit was a genius move. For my previous records, I would wait for a few milliseconds at the end for the blast meter to fill up just enough to get the egg using it. This run doesn't do that. With the new tweak added, I was able to build up enough speed after the trapdoor to get the egg without it.

Learn the Friction! (6.724): To get a time this low, your edge-hit needs to be as low as possible. Mazik and I were indirectly battling to see who would get the world record at the end. This is also one of the first times I started using the one jump start.

Learn the Time Travel (18.796): The two edge-hits after the first wall-hit were done by accident. I was going to call this run the least optimized for that alone, but just from watching it, it looks well executed. The rest of the run is pretty much waiting to reach the egg, but jumping off the platform to get is a bit tougher than you think.

Downhill Racing (9.434): Originally, this path was claimed to be found by Hal, but when he returned, he said there was no way this was his path because it can't reach 9 seconds. So, this is pretty much a new path I found. I didn't think the double wall-hit was possible until I actually tried it out. If you roll a little bit before jumping, you will get the gyrocopter. The edge-hit is the hardest part. I wanted to do an edge jump, which would give me a higher time, but all in vain. I think my previous times used it though. Nevertheless, this is another highlight to my contribution to this rampage.

Lightning Ice (8.648): This path is fairly simple except for the half-pipe exit. It looks clean, but it is ridiculously tough to pull off. Xedron's time was pretty optimized already.

Combo Course (6.892): The only sub-7 I got. The key to getting a time this low is to have the smallest set up possible. I have no idea why other people didn't spend a lot of time on this egg. It was free for the taking.

Rolling to Eternity (13.156): This egg is really fun to speedrun. I remember getting a lot of egg record notifications which spammed the discord server. Turning around after getting the Super Jump is a bit difficult, but not too annoying. The lower your height is after bouncing off the slope at the end, the faster your time will be. This path is fun to watch and play, and is probably my third favorite run of mine in the rampage.

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 0.896 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.