file Halloween is over? Not here!

• IsraeliRD
  • IsraeliRD's Avatar Topic Author
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
  • Thank you received: 912
06 Nov 2019 19:23 #1
I am pleased to announce that this Saturday, November 9th,...

I am pleased to announce that this Saturday, November 9th, I'll be running the Frightfest-based tournament called Monster Mash. As with last year, this tournament is spooky and has ghosts, though they're less cumbersome unlike last year, thanks to a good fright I gave them.

Sign-ups for this event are... different. You can sign-up ahead by pinging me on #tourney-hype on our Marble Blast discord channel, or just show up this Saturday at 15:45 UTC on the leaderboards and announce your intention to play. We will begin at 16:20 UTC, with sign ups closing 5 minutes prior and the randomizer giving us spooky matchups.

It is recommended to check your pings to Tsuf and Thistle and preparing to play on both.
Further details are posted within the thread of this news post, so be sure to check it out.

- Matan

"matan, now i get what you meant a few years back when you said that "the level in mbg is beyond me" after the last rampage i noticed things were insane, and now i truly feel that too" - Dushine, 2015.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
06 Nov 2019 19:23 #2
Tournament Details

Date and time
Saturday, November 9th at 16:20 UTC.

To compare UTC to your local timezone, you may use one of the following internet services: greenwichmeantime , timeanddate , timezoneconverter .

This tournament will be run on PlatinumQuest's Online section, so please confirm that you have signed up there and activated your account on MarbleBlast.com. When you join the event your Online username will be used.

It is your own responsibility to make sure you show up at the correct time (15:45 to 16:15 UTC) and date. The entire tournament will be finished within an estimated 4-6 hours, so please make sure to clear your schedule in advance.

Prizes
Prizes will be awarded as follows:
- First place: 50 USD
- Second place: 20 USD
- Semi-Finalists: 10 USD each

The prizes are sponsored by Matan.
You can select on receiving the prize as a gift card on either Amazon.com or Steam.

Rules and Formalities

Event Format
The tournament will be played as a single elimination tournament in best of three rounds up to the semi finals and finals, which both will be played as best of five rounds. There won't be a 3rd place match.
The person who chooses the first match is chosen by a coin flip done by me, and then the next map will be chosen by alternating between both players. Should a tie breaker occur (scores of 1-1 or 2-2), the final match will be picked by the in-game randomizer.
All games must be played with Ghosts enabled for our entertainment and your suffering.

Titles and Achievements
A number of unique titles and flairs are available to be won in addition to the above prizes. Their timely arrival is not guaranteed.

Servers
Each game must be played on Tsuf or Thistle, and both players must be present in the chosen server. Additional observers are strongly discouraged as to avoid excessive lag connection, but should both players agree that additional observers can watch, they may open additional slots.

Map pool
All Frightfest maps can be played.

Seeding
Players are entered into challonge which will then seed them randomly into their spots.

Result Reporting
Games will be reported via live stream, and should Matan crash during the match, both players should continue the game and report the match results. Once your match is finished you must wait until your next round in the leaderboard's lobby.

Conduct at the Event
Any conduct which tends to disrupt the event, including a failure to follow its instructions or discourteous or disruptive conduct generally may result in disqualification from the tournament. Players or individuals that disrupt or attempt to disrupt the event will be kicked or banned.

Camping
Not allowed, no exceptions. If a ghost gets you, go back to the gems spawn and get those gems.

Disconnection issues
Should a player be disconnected mid-match, the following data is required: level played, time remaining, scores and who was closest to the next spawn (if applicable). If there is a clear winner, that person will be given the game point. If not, the match will be replayed. Intentional disconnecting will result in exclusion from the tournament. Cheating will result in an immediate ban from the tournament and all MarbleBlast.com services.

Being Late or Away
Players should check-in on the leaderboards between 15:45 to 16:15 UTC. Players that fail to check-in or that do not show up to their match will be disqualified. At this point their opponent will advance. Players are expected to continue playing until eliminated or until the end of the tournament is reached. I am being lenient by skipping over your turn if you're idle/afk/brb unless you are withholding the next round's match (i.e. final match before semi finals, or quarter finals etc.), in which case you will be disqualified and your opponent will advance.

Registration
If you accept the rules and wish to participate in this tournament, please post on the #tourney-hype channel on the Marble Blast discord channel, or just show up between 15:45 and 16:15 UTC and announce your intention to play.

Please do not sign up if you are not 100% sure that you will be attending the tournament.
If something comes up and you are unable to attend the tournament, please post on the #tourney-hype channel ASAP.

Streaming
The event will be streamed live by Matan, at twitch.tv/IsraeliRD

Good luck to all players!

"matan, now i get what you meant a few years back when you said that "the level in mbg is beyond me" after the last rampage i noticed things were insane, and now i truly feel that too" - Dushine, 2015.

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
09 Nov 2019 20:59 #3
Congratulations to MBOUltimate for winning first place in exciting and grueling matches, and massive props to Robert on 2nd place. Also congratulations to Alexnico and Storminorman as semi-finalists, and thank you to Mazik, Nathan, ItzJean and SergJ2005 for playing and giving us fantastic matches.

You can view full results here: challonge.com/hnfuozob

Hope to see you all in the Winterfest tournament!

The following user(s) said Thank You: Connie

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 0.839 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.