J@ckrb can't think of a good blog heading.

file 2/6/2020

• J@ckRB
  • J@ckRB's Avatar Topic Author
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • *some self-degrading humour*
  • Thank you received: 164
02 Jun 2020 12:12 #1
Maybe its time to try and bring this back (well attempt to, hopefully that satisfies you somewhat NF).

First of all, its my birthday today! yay i'm old.

In more personal news, I've finally finished all my exams for my masters degree, and so apart from my dissertaion/thesis that needs to be written over the next year, I'll be pretty much done with academia (probably). So after that it'll be some kind of job if they haven't all gone up in pandemic flames before then.

"funny quote" - funny person 2016 part 2 electric boogaloo
The following user(s) said Thank You: NF, Xedron

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 405
03 Jun 2020 00:09 #2
Well done, that's so great to hear! What field will you earn your degree in?

Best of luck looking for a job... Hopefully it doesn't take too long to find one, like you said. Seems like sort of a weird phase of life where you're ready to work but still have to actually find somewhere where you'll be happy. Being an adult is hard.

And happy birthday! At least you're not as old as Matan.
The following user(s) said Thank You: J@ckRB

• Thank you received: 3
03 Jun 2020 00:56 #3
Happy birthday! And congrats, that's awesome. It's a scary time, but I'm sure everything will work out

• J@ckRB
  • J@ckRB's Avatar Topic Author
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • *some self-degrading humour*
  • Thank you received: 164
04 Jun 2020 00:47 #4
Thank you for the good wishes, both of you.

My masters is in Mathematics, which has been very difficult but definitely very rewarding. If you want to try and look on what my thesis is based on, go and look up "Gröbner/Groebner basis" (and while very interesting in their own right, I wish you good luck in understanding them).

"funny quote" - funny person 2016 part 2 electric boogaloo

• Thank you received: 405
06 Jun 2020 00:12 #5
Wow, I didn't know you were getting a master's degree in mathematics too! I'm set to get mine... hopefully by May 2022. "Difficult but very rewarding" I think will sum it up for me as well.

Which branch of maths is your thesis in? My favorite so far has been set theory, but I'm not too far into the program here yet. Since I have a lot of free time this summer I'll probably look into what you've been working on at least a little bit, even though I doubt I'll understand it at all. Still sounds fun!

• Kalle29
  • I blame ping for losing
  • Thank you received: 754
19 Jul 2020 00:50 #6
Late reply but well done, Jackrabbit. I have got my own BA now so I am roughly in the same boat. I always like hearing about what people do/did for their studies because I did a lot of thinking myself regarding what to choose.

༼ ͡◕ ͜ ʖ ͡◕༽ You have been visited by the Nivea™ Donger of moisture. Soft skin and good fortune will come to you, but only if you post "thank you Mr. Skeltal" in this thread ༼ ͡◕ ͜ ʖ ͡◕༽

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 0.777 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.