• Expert Marbler
  • Expert Marbler
  • huehuehue
  • Thank you received: 198
20 Mar 2017 12:40 #1
Dad comes up to me randomly
Dad: You wanna play the computer?
Me: Wait what are we talking about?
Dad: Do you want to have the computer and play it?
(Me thinking: what is he on about I thought asian parents are strict but okay)
Me: Umm.. sure.
Dad: So how much time do you want?
Me: Well I don't ask much but -
Dad: Be honest.
Me: 6 hours? I may be asking a lot but -
Dad: How much days?
Me: Why are you asking this? Like why -
Dad: Just tell me.
Me: Uhh 5 days. Tuesday till Friday and Sunday.
Dad: Okay. What if you don't obey the rules?
Me: Cancel Sunday?
Dad: Okay then. I am able to check when you log in and log out so watch out.
(Me thinking: Wait, you're able to check that? That kind of invades my privacy..)
Me: Okay...
Dad walks out
Me: what just happened

Before that, me and the whole family were having dinner together. While we were having dinner, my mom saw me with my everyday face and asked "Why do you look so bored?". This is my everyday face, like why do I look bored all of a sudden? Makes me question about my face to be honest. Anyways, I didn't answer her that, but I answered with the problem that I'm also having: "Well, since it's a week of school holidays, I really want to go out and have fun with my friends. Karaoke, in the mall, Starbucks, all of that. But mom and dad are so busy with work that you haven't have the time to take me there.".

You may be thinking "Why don't you take a bus or taxi then?" About that, my parents have a lot to worry about, including me and safety. They think that I would get in trouble if I were to take those type of transportation, for instance "What if the driver is a kidnapper?" "What if you were met with an accident?" And so on. Yes, I know, my parents care about me. But it's just getting out of hand. Now they're worried about if I'm with the right kind of friends or not.

Anyways, they didn't answer. And after that, a moment of silence. Each of us finished our meals, and went to do the stuff that we did. Then, me and my dad had the conversation.

Why did my dad had that conversation? I mean, it seems like he picks introvert instead of extrovert. I'm probably exaggerating or assuming things that weren't meant to be, but the way he said it makes me question if I'm a person who should be staring at a computer alone for 6 hours instead of hanging out with friends the whole day. I know, I could've rejected him, but his face was so serious that I wasn't thinking about saying no to him. I felt like he was pushing me to answer his questions, or like interrogating me.

Anyways, I am glad that I got this off my chest. At least you guys in the gem hunt league would be able to challenge me ;)

And also, I've never thought people even read my blogs. My blog is just a place where I let out what is crushing me or bothering me. But for the people who are reading this, thanks!

~Lee

lee is awesome
The following user(s) said Thank You: NF, Eguy, Nockess, Evokrypt

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 0.734 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.