question-circle Is it possible to play Marble Blast Gold using analogue movement?

• writer
  • writer's Avatar Topic Author
  • Novice Marbler
  • Novice Marbler
  • Thank you received: 0
20 Mar 2019 13:57 - 21 Mar 2019 23:18 #1
I haven't found the game's manual, but apparently Marble Blast is keyboard-only and has no controller support. Camera can be accurately controller with mouse, the marble to my knowledge can't. However, has some modded analogue support into the game (for a controller with analogue sticks)?
Last edit: 21 Mar 2019 23:18 by writer.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• writer
  • writer's Avatar Topic Author
  • Novice Marbler
  • Novice Marbler
  • Thank you received: 0
21 Mar 2019 23:19 #2
At the time of posting I wasn't aware that the Gold levels are available in PlatinumQuest, so I don't know if the request is applicable anymore.

• whirligig
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • Thank you received: 261
22 Mar 2019 03:20 #3
For the record, MBPU also has controller support, though it's a fixed configuration that only works with XInput (i.e. Xbox) controllers.

• Josep_Nollette
  • Beginner Marbler
  • Beginner Marbler
  • Thank you received: 8
23 Mar 2019 22:08 #4

whirligig wrote: For the record, MBPU also has controller support, though it's a fixed configuration that only works with XInput (i.e. Xbox) controllers.

I was going to mention that, but thought I'd give someone else the honors. From what I've seen, there's also icons for PlayStation 4 controls as well, hinting DualShock 4 support. Last time I checked, Nintendo Switch controllers can be connected to PCs outside the box. Can Switch controller support be added in a future update?

• whirligig
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • Thank you received: 261
24 Mar 2019 01:46 #5
MBPU doesn't have PS4 controller support. PQ does. PS4 controller support isn't planned for MBPU (mostly because you could just edit the config scripts yourself), but it is planned for Quaternion at some point. As for the Switch controllers, based on HiGuy's experience, I'm inclined to never touch them with a ten-foot pole.

• Josep_Nollette
  • Beginner Marbler
  • Beginner Marbler
24 Mar 2019 10:48 #6

whirligig wrote: MBPU doesn't have PS4 controller support. PQ does. PS4 controller support isn't planned for MBPU (mostly because you could just edit the config scripts yourself), but it is planned for Quaternion at some point.

Yeah, sorry, I misread MBPU as PQ.
There does exist software that allows a DualShock 4 to pass off as an Xbox 360 controller, called DS4Windows. I have yet to try it on MBPU, and I'll keep you informed on whether it works.

• Josep_Nollette
  • Beginner Marbler
  • Beginner Marbler
24 Mar 2019 21:00 #7

Josep_Nollette wrote:

whirligig wrote: MBPU doesn't have PS4 controller support. PQ does. PS4 controller support isn't planned for MBPU (mostly because you could just edit the config scripts yourself), but it is planned for Quaternion at some point.

Yeah, sorry, I misread MBPU as PQ.
There does exist software that allows a DualShock 4 to pass off as an Xbox 360 controller, called DS4Windows. I have yet to try it on MBPU, and I'll keep you informed on whether it works.

Update: DS4Windows worked with MBPU. But somehow the DualShock 4 isn't being recognized by itself on my copy of PQ, and when I use DS4Windows, navigating the menu is a hassle because the controls become erratic and the button mapping doesn't seem to match (pressing the Square button registers an A, for instance).

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 0.864 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.