Only registered users can participate to this poll
  • Blasted
  • Blasted's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Speedrunner and Level Maker
  • Thank you received: 105
25 Apr 2020 02:51 - 25 Apr 2020 02:57 #1
Discussion arose regarding whether or not Nockess' levels should be removed from the Level Packs 60-69 spreadsheet. Place your vote on whether you agree or disagree with this elimination.
Last edit: 25 Apr 2020 02:57 by Blasted.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Xedron, Doomblah

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Three
  • Lead Developer
  • Lead Developer
  • level designer
  • Thank you received: 349
25 Apr 2020 03:21 #2
We already did this:
marbleblast.com/index.php/forum/general-...kess-spreadsheet-ban

We decided that Nock is not allowed to participate in voting for levels for 60-69, so there is no reason to allow their levels to be in 60-69.

Follow me on twitter at @threefolder
The following user(s) said Thank You: MBOUltimate, CylinderKnot

• Blasted
  • Blasted's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Speedrunner and Level Maker
  • Thank you received: 105
25 Apr 2020 03:50 #3
But that poll only mentions Nockess gaining access to the sheet, not his levels specifically.

• Mike
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
25 Apr 2020 13:20 - 28 May 2020 03:46 #4
By including Nockess' levels in Packs 60-69 (or anywhere on the LBs at all), we are promoting and giving relevance and attention to someone who ultimately doesn't deserve it.

Remove the suggested levels from the sheet, and remove Nock's levels from previous level packs.
Last edit: 28 May 2020 03:46 by Mike.

• MBOUltimate
  • Intermediate Marbler
  • Intermediate Marbler
  • Personal text
  • Thank you received: 60
25 Apr 2020 13:26 - 25 Apr 2020 13:27 #5
Nockess levels being allowed runs counter to the current policy on ban evasion and therefore they should be removed
Last edit: 25 Apr 2020 13:27 by MBOUltimate.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Three, Tue27, CylinderKnot, Mike

• CylinderKnot
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Personal Text
  • Thank you received: 76
25 Apr 2020 13:31 #6
If Powerjohn25 made an excellent PQ level, would it be up for consideration in packs 60-69?

Now replace Powerjohn25 with TylerDC, the person who used anti-gravity cheats on Mountaintop Retreat MBU. What is your answer?

Now replace TylerDC with Nockess. What is your answer?

If your answer for Nockess is any different from the answers for Powerjohn25 and TylerDC, you're engaged in special pleading. This community has a major soft spot for Nockess but not for PJ and TylerDC, so I am voting in favor of having the levels removed from consideration.

Signature
The following user(s) said Thank You: Three, Mike

• Thank you received: 405
25 Apr 2020 17:33 #7
I have to agree with Threefolder here. Since we've made the decision not to allow Nockess permission to edit the spreadsheet, they should not be allowed to submit their levels for consideration. It is worth noting that it's not really possible to cheat at making a level. However, if someone is permanently banned from a community they should be permanently banned from all aspects of the community, including providing levels to the online leaderboards. Just my opinion of course.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Three, Tue27, CylinderKnot, Mike

• Regislian
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • Thank you received: 255
25 Apr 2020 18:41 - 25 Apr 2020 18:47 #8

CylinderKnot wrote: If Powerjohn25 made an excellent PQ level, would it be up for consideration in packs 60-69?

Now replace Powerjohn25 with TylerDC, the person who used anti-gravity cheats on Mountaintop Retreat MBU. What is your answer?

Now replace TylerDC with Nockess. What is your answer?

If your answer for Nockess is any different from the answers for Powerjohn25 and TylerDC, you're engaged in special pleading. This community has a major soft spot for Nockess but not for PJ and TylerDC, so I am voting in favor of having the levels removed from consideration.

I see your point. At the same time, the impact someone has had on the community as a whole and on members individually, both positive and negative, doesn't just evaporate the moment that person is banned. I disagree that those cases should be treated exactly the same. PJ has had a couple chances before he got permanently banned. The bans of TylerDC and Nockess were permanent immediately, because of the severity of what they did. If someone joins the community and immediately starts breaking rules, the punishment is likely to be more severe than when that someone already has been a part of the community for a year, for example. Different people, different situations.

In my opinion the levels picked for packs 60-69 should be based on the quality of the levels, not on who made the levels.

This is my own, personal opinion by the way, not talking for other people from staff.
Last edit: 25 Apr 2020 18:47 by Regislian.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lichable, NF, Nockess, Eclipsia

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 0.874 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.