file Marble Blast Terms of Service Rewrite

• Doomblah
  • Doomblah's Avatar Topic Author
  • Marble Blast Veteran
  • Thank you received: 83
24 Apr 2021 18:48 - 24 Apr 2021 19:24 #1
Hello everyone, as you know we've been slowly changing all the important rules on our various services. Today we have finished a draft of the Terms of Service which are rules that apply to all of them. Before we put it on the website we would like everyone to look it over and bring up any questions, comments, or concerns you have about it before we put it into place. Is there anything we missed? Should we phrase this part differently? We want to hear what you have to say, and as always we'll be responding to everyone to explain in more detail certain parts if something is unclear. Ideally this will go up the one time and not change again for a long time so let's make sure we get this right the first time as it will be a pain to update. This will be formatted nicer in the final draft we're just discussing the content for now.

[hr]
Marbleblast.com Terms of Service

Thank you for joining the Marble Blast Community! Before you begin: make sure that you have read and abide by these rules:

• Be kind to one another. Treat others how you would like to be treated yourself. Do not harass or insult other users.
• You must be at least 13 years old to have an account on marbleblast.com
• Do not post or ask for others’ private information. This includes but is not limited to: address, legal name, passwords, and banking information.
• Ban evasion is not allowed. Creating another account when you have been banned is considered ban evasion.
• Do not cheat or use exploits while using the online services. Please report any bugs you find.
• On the Forums, you must follow the forum rules found here. On our Discord, you must follow the rules listed there.
• You agree that the online services can collect data from you, including but not limited to, your game statistics, IP address, chat messages, system information, and email address. We use this data to improve our services and will not share it with anyone without your prior consent. Your passwords are securely stored and encrypted so that they are not visible to anyone, including administrators.

The moderators reserve the right to interpret these rules, and failure to comply can result in the deactivation of your account. This decision is left up to the Moderators’ discretion

[hr]
The current ToS for comparison Here .
Last edit: 24 Apr 2021 19:24 by Doomblah. Reason: Typos, reworded some parts. Added old tos for comparison

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 49
24 Apr 2021 19:48 #2
Looks good to me. I would maybe move the "On the Forums, you must follow the forum rules found here. On our Discord, you must follow the rules listed there." further up or into a separate preamble, because it's more about *where* to follow the rules, rather than a rule itself.

I'd also add a "within reason" to the "moderators can interpret the rules", because the last sentence sounds like the moderators' opinion matters 10x as much as the rules themselves do and might lead some new members to ignore the rules entirely because they think "they don't matter".

Also, I noticed the "mature content / politics ban rule" is absent. Is this intentional? (wouldn't mind it, just surprised)

• Yoshicraft224
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Experienced Marbler
  • no
  • Thank you received: 51
24 Apr 2021 19:59 - 24 Apr 2021 20:00 #3
I don't know how important this is but I think the bullets could do with some reordering. imo the age thing should be at the top, followed by the two points regarding private info. Also, saying "ban evasion isn't allowed" seems kinda dumb imo, but I guess it should be stated somewhere

Edit: Yeah, while I feel a politics ban should happen, we've already definitely seen just how subjective that is

brapdoors mbg #OhBoyFreeAM!
Last edit: 24 Apr 2021 20:00 by Yoshicraft224.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nockess

• Thank you received: 43
25 Apr 2021 05:35 #4
So the new rules relieve the no more than one account rule even if you are not ban evading?
If so, I think itd be somewhat wise to keep track of known alts for suspicious players. So let's say if a well known player is banned, their alts would also be compromised.

• Whitepoplar
  • Novice Marbler
  • Novice Marbler
  • How do I prove that I exist?
  • Thank you received: 4
25 Apr 2021 09:11 #5
Can you outlaw users with a lack of character, as in vice without virtue? I'd appreciate it a lot.

"One ought, every day at least, to hear a little song, read a good poem, see a fine picture, and, if it were possible, to speak a few reasonable words."

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 0.838 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.