lock Is MBG Freeware now or something?

• MatthieuParizeau
  • MatthieuParizeau's Avatar Topic Author
  • Beginner Marbler
  • Beginner Marbler
  • Thank you received: 8
11 Jan 2014 18:22 #1
I can't help but notice the download for MBG in the download section.
Is this intended or even legal? If it is legal how in the world did you get IAC's permission? :huh:

Does that mean the MBU SA is under the same circumstances?

I'm honestly confused.
Can somebody clear this up for me?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Enigma
The topic has been locked.
  • Thank you received: 20
11 Jan 2014 18:48 #2
I was wondering this myself, actually. I will attempt to dl it just to see if I can. It might be the version from garage games that has a serial key that you can redownload if you have lost the game but still have a key.

I don't think the standalone is legal in any case because it was related to MBO, not MBG. Not like anyone should care anymore, we have multiplayer now.
  • Thank you received: 2
11 Jan 2014 18:54 - 11 Jan 2014 18:59 #3
I'll uninstall my current MBG and see what this one gives me.
It installed the entire thing as normal, no serial required...surprising...
Last edit: 11 Jan 2014 18:59 by Marblr.
  • Thank you received: 17
11 Jan 2014 20:35 #4
That is actually a good question right there. Obviously MBU and stuff like that isn't legal by any means, but MBG now. How in the world could we get the downloads on here legally?
  • IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
  • Thank you received: 912
11 Jan 2014 22:38 #5
There is a back story with MBG that I would rather not discuss as I don't want certain people suddenly getting involved in it.
Long story short, MBG is still not the most legal thing in the world, but we can offer it until we are told otherwise.

MBU/O SA hasn't been discussed, but I suspect it could be under the same circumstances as MBG, which is why on this website I have no problems with anyone posting a link (though we got 1.50, so really no point in the SA anymore). That said, do know that with MBG the admins of this site (especially me) take the responsibility on ourselves if anything happens.
I recommend all of you to be aware about posting links to it and the MBU SA might come back to haunt you, so please think twice before you post anything. The staff here are running a risk, and no matter how low it is, it still exists.

"matan, now i get what you meant a few years back when you said that "the level in mbg is beyond me" after the last rampage i noticed things were insane, and now i truly feel that too" - Dushine, 2015.
The following user(s) said Thank You: MatthieuParizeau
  • MatthieuParizeau
  • MatthieuParizeau's Avatar Topic Author
  • Beginner Marbler
  • Beginner Marbler
  • Thank you received: 8
11 Jan 2014 22:52 #6
Thanks for clarifying Matan :)

Feel free to lock this topic now.
Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 0.779 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.