question-circle Putting Non-MB Content on an MB YouTube Channel

Poll: Should non-Marble Blast content be uploaded onto a Marble Blast-focused YouTube channel?

Yes
1 16.7%
No
2 33.3%
Only sparingly
2 33.3%
I'm conflicted!
1 16.7%
Total number of voters: 6
Only registered users can participate to this poll
  • NF
  • NF's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Thank you received: 406
18 Apr 2024 23:49 #1
Another poll for you people!

What with the impending launch of Endless Ocean: Luminous for the Nintendo Switch, I've been thinking more and more about the Endless Ocean series lately, and even considering uploading some videos of it to YouTube. But I don't really like the idea of uploading videos that aren't about Marble Blast to my YouTube channel which is dedicated to Marble Blast.

Traditionally, I think YouTube creators do better when they keep their channels focused on one major idea. I've told myself that Endless Ocean and other Wii games I might want to make videos of are still games, so I could make my channel a general gaming channel — but that doesn't feel fair to you people, who are only interested in Marble Blast and who are my main audience anyway.

I'm inclined to make another channel if I want to post other content, and I think this is a better way to go about it in general. If people like both channels, they can subscribe to both of them. What do you think?
The following user(s) said Thank You: thearst3rd

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 5
19 Apr 2024 01:33 #2
In general though, I don't think you should stop yourself from posting something even if its something your audience doesn't typically expect. I'd love to watch some of your Wii videos if they're something you plan on posting :)

Though, since your channel has "MB" in the name, I could see why people would expect the channel is focused on marble blast. If you want to make it clear that marble blast is the focus, then creating a second channel is probably a smart idea.
The following user(s) said Thank You: NF

• Yoshicraft224
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Experienced Marbler
  • no
  • Thank you received: 51
20 Apr 2024 12:49 #3
I feel like the question is misleading. If it was actually a specific Marble Blast channel, then I would say no, but if this is just for your Youtube channel that happens to only have Marble Blast content so far, which is what I assume you're talking about, then I don't see why not

brapdoors mbg #OhBoyFreeAM!

• NF
  • NF's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Thank you received: 406
20 Apr 2024 14:20 #4
Well I was sort of posing the question in general and using my channel as an example. I know HappyTreeX1 sort of did the reverse for a while, where he uploaded MB content on a channel that wasn't focused on MB. It seems like the switch to two separate channels helped him, so I assume that way of doing it would be better for you and your audience, since you're not giving them stuff they didn't subscribe for.

• Thank you received: 31
20 Apr 2024 14:25 #5
The difference between you and HTX is that he used to make FNAF content before putting MB stuff on there.

In other words he had an established audience with 30k subs for fnaf content, so doing the reverse of what you're thinking makes sense.

As for you, you have no established fanbase for any sort of content (we don't count for mb stuff) and you don't seem to have any endeavors to make YouTube a career of yours, so it really doesn't matter what you choose

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 0.805 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.