file The Marble Blast "Wiki"

• Jeff
  • Jeff's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Marbler
  • Elite Marbler
  • PlatinumQuest Programmer
  • Thank you received: 205
13 Sep 2013 22:12 #1
I have to say a couple of things about this wiki because i'm starting to get annoyed a bit.

A lot of the information on there is just plain wrong, out of date, or not informative enough. Where is the research? Where is the asking of questions? Why is Xelna mentioned as a girl on his page. Honestly, the page about me has more truth in it than some of the other serious pages on it.

I'm not trying to bash the wiki, I do think it is a good idea, but seriously research needs to be done.

For example, the marbleblast ultra page should have a whole section dedicated to it why the heck it is illegal to have a copy of the standalone.

I only want the wiki to be accurate and better for the good of the people. We don't wanna skew important facts now, do we?

Please do take into words as constructive criticism, as I only want the best for it.

I am a programmer. Most here know me for being one of the major contributors to Marble Blast Platinum and PlatinumQuest.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 57
14 Sep 2013 00:12 #2
What is the point of a wiki anyway? We have the forums. And I bet that something like this can be put on the new site as well. (NEW SITTE WHEER?) I don't want to browse an ad-cluttered and confusingly interfaced site when the staff could make something twice as good. Nobody needs a bunch of pages about people. I saw some focusing only on their videos. Nor modifications, they'll probably get their own official pages, like for MBP on PhilsEmpire. The site isn't professional or credible, or accurate.

To be honest, I am trying to bash the wiki, in a non-menacing way, as it is wimpy, very incomplete, and more or less will become obsolete when the new site supposedly comes. And I've never needed a wiki for MarbleBlast for something that I couldn't possibly figure out the the MBForums. You can keep updating it if you want, but I'd say that you are wasting your time. It could be why it is so empty in the first place.

• Thank you received: 57
14 Sep 2013 04:48 #3
Me and Matan trolled the hell out of the wiki awhile back, ended up getting us banned from editing it. Most of the information is just plain wrong, and a full rewrite would probably take less time than it would to fix it.

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
  • Thank you received: 912
14 Sep 2013 11:23 #4
I'm planning to have a proper wiki at some point for the new website, as it can be useful and well maintained. The one over there is just a pile of nope.

"matan, now i get what you meant a few years back when you said that "the level in mbg is beyond me" after the last rampage i noticed things were insane, and now i truly feel that too" - Dushine, 2015.

• Ralph
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Matan's Fervent Fan
  • Thank you received: 136
14 Sep 2013 13:21 #5
I saw the IsraeliRD page has been modified, and a page called Xelna has appeared!

I saw all of that yesterday.

You forget a thousand things everyday. Make sure Marble Blast isn't one of 'em.
Instagram : ralphfrommb

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 0.987 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.