file What got you into Marble Blast?

• Thank you received: 368
19 Jun 2011 21:49 #31
Jun 18, 2011, 12:15pm, seizure22 wrote:RealArcade's MBG demo + subsequent purchase

This. Saw an ad for it while trolling Everquest Forums back in 2003.

~Aayrl

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 0
19 Jun 2011 22:25 #32
My friend played MBU and it seemed familiar somehow. I bought it when I first bought an Xbox and instantly overcame the rest of my friends so I guess that gave me a motive to play. MBP was just as easy to play at the start.

• iCometBlue
  • Intermediate Marbler
  • Intermediate Marbler
19 Jun 2011 22:39 #33
It seemed to be very popular at my school in 2008 so I decided to try and later I bought MBG.

• HiGuy
  • Lead Developer
  • Lead Developer
  • PQ Developer Emeritus
  • Thank you received: 604
20 Jun 2011 03:21 #34
Found it on my grandmother's iBook G4. She apparently couldn't beat Air Movement, so I helped her out

This signature is real code
Code:
function clientcmd12dothepq() { commandToClient(LocalClientConnection, '34onthedancefloor'); }

• Greg_Hutchinson
  • Beginner Marbler
  • Beginner Marbler
20 Jun 2011 03:34 #35
When I was in... Third Grade, I think, Jeff came home, and told me about this marble maze game, Called Marble Blast Gold. So I found the demo, and I played it every night on Ordeal. I finally beat it, and bugged my mom to death when I was in fourth grade, On October 6th, 2007. She said, no. I asked 5 more times within the hour. A couple minutes later, she came up-stairs and said, Alright, lets get this game. So I bought it. Three Months later I had the whole game done .

Thats how my marble-blasting adventure started.

• Joey
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Doer of things.
  • Thank you received: 191
20 Jun 2011 04:05 #36
So how did it end?

I love you, but your attitude is like that of a shrew. Your options? Take a pill or be my kill. Might I suggest that you wear a vest. Perish in class or be banished to the land of bluegrass, where dreams don't exist as you'll be eternally pissed.

• Thank you received: 10
24 Jun 2011 18:35 #37
I got MBG off of MSN Games. I love breakout games (you know, where you bat the ball and bust the bricks, blah, blah, blah...) I downloaded the Marble Blast free trial without reading the description. I thought it was a breakout game. When I played it, it turned out I was very wrong. It was annoying and frustrating, but fun at the same time. I could not put it down. Now, the nice thing about MSN Games 60-minute free-trials is when your free trial expires, it doesn't kick you immediately out of the game. You can keep playing, but when you exit the game, you can't get back in. I loaded the game, and started pushing through levels. The free trial was running on my computer for almost 3 days. I had made it to the level Acrobat before my computer crashed and my free trial was gone. I asked my dad for the full game, and he gave it to me for Christmas. What a great dad!

25 Jun 2011 20:31 #38
When I was in Wal-Mart, and then seen this pretty box by eGames (or whatever it is) and it looked interesting. So I bought it; and thats how it started.

• Joey
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Doer of things.
  • Thank you received: 191
25 Jun 2011 20:55 #39
Jun 24, 2011, 11:35am, ktbold12345 wrote: You can keep playing, but when you exit the game, you can't get back in.

I know right? I took advantage of that for a few years .

I love you, but your attitude is like that of a shrew. Your options? Take a pill or be my kill. Might I suggest that you wear a vest. Perish in class or be banished to the land of bluegrass, where dreams don't exist as you'll be eternally pissed.

• Thank you received: 10
25 Jun 2011 21:20 #40
5th or 6th Grade (2005 I think, IDK) my school got 2 new iMacs, they came with MBG. After lunch a bunch of kids would run to the library to play MBG, on a first come first serve basis. I always got to play when I showed up though, because I was the best at it. Shortly after my family got our first mac (and first new computer, it was a gift ) which came with MBG. I quickly played way past the school computers. Eventually I finished all of the levels, and forgot about the game. At some point I reopened it, and decided to beat all of the gold times (which I failed at). Looking up videos on how to beat Gold Times I found MBP videos. Tried to install it but it didn't work (OEM MBG). Made an account here (if you look at my profile you will see that my account name is helpme ) ended up staying, and getting normal MBG in a creative (but entirely legal) way, and therefore MBP.

Oh, and now I HAVE beat all of the gold times

29 Jun 2011 20:13 #41
This is a weird story:

NOTE: I discovered Marble Blast Gold when I was 7.

MBG came installed on my mac. I downloaded this music making program called Live 6 and there was this window on the side that showed what folder you were in and what music was in the folder and I went into: Applications/Games/MarbleBlast Gold/marble/data/sounds. I wondered what sounds these were, but I knew these in some game or application called Marble Blast Gold. I asked mom if I could play Marble Blast Gold. She said OK. The first level I played was Learning to Roll (duh). I kept going Out of Bounds (or Out of Buns as I thought it said.) Let's skip ahead a little... Now were at when I got to the Shock Absorber training level. IT WAS SOO HARD BACK THEN!!! . I finally finished it after we got a pumpkin for Halloween or something. ............Now we are at when I got to Platform Party It was easy until I got to the second platform that goes sideways. I kept falling off that one! When I still couldn't finish that level I left MBG on the menu for too long and it started to play a demo. I thought I was playing the next level Winding Road but it was actually the level Whirl. ........Now were at when I got to the level Jump Jump Jump This level was hard too. I WAS SOO UPSET! . Dad said he wanted to take me to Costco. I said yes. When I got home the clock on top of the screen said 99:59.99 and was flashing. I stared to throw a big tantrum. After I finally finished that level. Now I can play MBG pretty well.

THE END.

• Thank you received: 67
05 Jul 2011 06:08 #42
My dad bought an iMac when i was real little and it had Marble Blast preinstalled. Loved it..

05 Jul 2011 06:57 #43
I believe I saw it on my friends computer or something? Back in 2004 and he gave me a copy I believe. Can't remember correctly.

08 Jul 2011 00:56 #44
my dad downloaded the demo 3years ago from RealArcade. i played it, hated it and quit it ...probably because i couldnt beat upward spiral ... later he bought it for me and i reached tightropes and then quit again....and when the internet was off in egypt 6months ago i remember MBG and found it on my pc eventually after like a week i finished it all excluding tightropes again...

03 Sep 2012 21:25 #45
I started playing when I was around 6, on a school computer.

03 Sep 2012 23:34 #46
I found an ad while on some place, sooo long ago, don't feel like remembering o:

• Thank you received: 49
04 Sep 2012 03:00 #47
I think I saw the demo on our Mac, and sometime later I bought it.

• Thank you received: 52
04 Sep 2012 04:00 #48
Was playing on my grandfather's computer during winter holidays. He entered the room and told me he had a directory full of games. I started browsing through them. Tried a few of em... Last one I tried was Marble Blast Gold... in 2005. The beginning of an epic journey.

• Rct3fan00
  • Intermediate Marbler
  • Intermediate Marbler
  • Thank you received: 8
04 Sep 2012 05:14 #49
I sure haven't posted in a while! But here it goes.

Do you guys remember Ian Valentino? He is the reason I found Marble Blast, and got me hooked. I saw his WAY older youtube videos on Marble Blast, and it looked soooo fun. So the second I could buy MBG, I downloaded his levels, and made my own A.S.A.P. I used to stay in contact with him all the time. I always PM'd him. Now That I look back I could have quite annoying Anyway, I saw his Marble Blast Emerald video saying he needed people to help. But he had already said the project was down. But I told him if he could put it back up and that I'd love to help. Oh, how horrible MBE was the first month of production I remember PRE - ALPHA 0.99 or something like that. Good times. Ever since MBE I've been even more into Marble Blast. Lately though, it's been, just there. I am in a mod, which I haven't been contributing to much But I need to get myself organized since school will start in 2 days. Once I'm organized, I will put some time into Marble Blast each day.

MB FTW !

• Jeff
  • Elite Marbler
  • Elite Marbler
  • PlatinumQuest Programmer
  • Thank you received: 205
08 Sep 2012 16:19 #50
Saw it on school computers in 5th grade.

I still suck in playing the game after 6 years, but what keeps me in is the coding.

I am a programmer. Most here know me for being one of the major contributors to Marble Blast Platinum and PlatinumQuest.

• Thank you received: 49
09 Sep 2012 10:20 #51
Marble Blast was preinstalled on my Mac.

17 Oct 2012 05:58 #52
The game was installed on some computers at the science museum that I would go to, where me and my friends spent atleast 2 hours trying to beat pipe dreams. I then got Marble blaster (not MBG) for christmas when I was 8. I've been trying to get a copy of MBG, but that's nearly impossible now.

>tfw no baby
>tfw no honey
>tfw no rag-time gal

• Thank you received: 25
18 Oct 2012 22:44 #53
I was something like, 9? 10? I got my first Xbox account and had a fun time playing Forza 2 and some other games. I decided to look through my arcade section, and most of the games looked pretty boring. I then found an interesting game called Marble Blast Ultra . I went downstairs for dinner that night, screaming and yelling, saying Mom! I found this really cool game called Marble Blaster Ultimate-ness! It's fun cause it's a PUZZLE GAME! Eventually, she bought me my first copy of Marble Blast Gold. As a little kid, I liked the mods and shit, asking people like Aaryl where he got Marble Blast Fubar and stuff. I then got an IA account, and matured a lot. I haven't played since May because of Soccer, but I hope to get back into the game .

• Beack
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • Beack ewe
20 Oct 2012 02:23 #54
December 2004: (long story)

I had a visit from my counsins, uncles and many other people, I was on my room and my cousin showed me her new I Book (don't remember the model) and she told me about Marble Blast Gold and Nanosaur (both pre-installed), then I said Can I play one? and started with Marble Blast and when I heard the music I said How....childish and closed it, then I played the dinosaurs theme one, but I cosed after get bored flying around.

then.... Marble Blast again and I muted it =P (didn't liked the music) and played Learning To Roll after see the game i said interesting, then I played it and fell off a lot, most of the time laughing because I fell off in pretty stupid ways (and because I pressed the wrong button), then my cousins, uncles and other gone and Marble Blast gone too, then I bugged my parents to buy it, but they said spend your money in games ¬¬, then I thinked if she send me the game I can play the game so I asked and she send me the game, but I discovered the difference between Windows and Mac (can't play it)

when they visited me again, I said me, play that, marble thing, you, see me, falling a lot, but the answer was You just lost the game I restored the system and I don't have it, *reaction* WHAT!?, then the time passed and I wanted that game until my dad told me about buying it for my birthday (YES!), then I saved the files.....today I atill having the files of that and my dad lost the password of his GG account.

today I still fall a lot in pretty stupid ways, but I still like the game.

The weirdest signature that I ever requested

25 Dec 2012 08:32 #55
Watching video game footage of Portal on YouTube (I don't have a life). Found videos of Marble Blast Gold on the same channel, thought this looks cool.

And it was.

06 Mar 2013 23:14 #56
I found it on GameTap so I played it, Then a couple years later I bought MBG 'cause I didn't have GameTap anymore and I got really addicted.

• SkyFire
  • Novice Marbler
  • Novice Marbler
  • u wot m8
05 Apr 2013 20:02 #57
I found it at some craft store for like $5. It looked fun, so I decided to buy it. Loved it ever since.

• Thank you received: 17
11 Apr 2013 03:41 #58
I got into it in school a long time ago, well, because it was the only game the laptops had, so everyone seemed to like it. And I'm not discussing HOW I obtained it.

• Thank you received: 17
11 Apr 2013 03:43 #59
Apr 5, 2013, 1:02pm, skyfire886 wrote:I found it at some craft store for like $5. It looked fun, so I decided to buy it. Loved it ever since.

Pretty sure no one's gonna believe that...

• Blasted
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Speedrunner and Level Maker
  • Thank you received: 105
11 Apr 2013 03:44 #60
Be sure to edit your posts if you like to add more.

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 1.227 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.