question-circle Marble Blast and the Disappearance of the Mobile Version?!

• ThunderBow98
  • ThunderBow98's Avatar Topic Author
  • New Marbler
  • New Marbler
  • Every Day I Marble Blast
  • Thank you received: 0
17 Oct 2014 01:31 #1
A few years ago I found out Marble Blast had been created for iOS and I promptly downloaded it. About a year ago I had to reset my phone to clear up some storage space, and Marble Blast Mobile had been backed up to iTunes along with my other apps. When I went to reinstall everything, Marble Blast didn't download. I checked the app store and MBM was gone. I looked at my app purchase history, and MBM wasn't there. I checked the forums, and nobody was mentioning its disappearance. Now with the new site, I went over to the "Downloads" page and read about the history of Marble Blast. The page never mentioned MBM being taken down or what could have happened to it, and I still don't know why MBM never reinstalled on my phone after resetting it even though it was backed up. Does anyone have an explanation as to why MBM disappeared off the AppStore and does anyone know where I can potentially find the app? Thanks!

There are 43,252,003,274,489,856,000 combinations to a Rubik's Cube, and I know the one that makes it solved :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 25
17 Oct 2014 12:26 - 17 Oct 2014 12:33 #2
I'm sure that there are people that have a better backround than me on topics such as this, so please correct me if I'm wrong. The IAC (InterActive Corp) aquifer the rights to Marble Blast shortly after the demise of Instant Action, which also resulted in the removal of Marble Blast Gold (though it is still available on this website for free) downloads on all websites, as well as Marble Blast Ultra on the XBLA (even now MBU is only playable as a trial version due to a patch that removed access to pretty much all of the levels and most of multiplayer). Marble Blast Mobile is only playable by a select few who haven't backed up their phones or haven't deleted it otherwise.

It's a tough world, lol. I would love to see a new Marble Blast app appear in the near future.
Last edit: 17 Oct 2014 12:33 by RC. Reason: i need to read through my writing before posting it more often

• MatthieuParizeau
  • Beginner Marbler
  • Beginner Marbler
  • Thank you received: 8
17 Oct 2014 15:16 #3
I had the same problem. I had to jailbreak my device to play again. I don't want to provide links to piracy though. I still have the official ipa on another hard drive somewhere but I couldn't find that file, so I downloaded an older version that I found on google. The latest ipa doesn't seem to be downloadable anywhere.

~ Matt
The following user(s) said Thank You: Anson

• Perishingflames
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Thank you received: 21
17 Oct 2014 20:22 #4
Check if the ipa is still on your computer. Here's the location of the folder on Mac and Windows: osxdaily.com/2011/12/15/where-ios-apps-s...ac-os-x-and-windows/
The following user(s) said Thank You: ThunderBow98

• Thank you received: 1
26 Nov 2014 04:14 - 20 Dec 2014 17:08 #5
Sorry for moderately necroing this thread (it was only the 3rd in the board), but since this site has MBG unapologetically available to download for free, would having a download for MBM be any worse? I know that GG gave permission for MBP and mods in general, but FAIK, that doesn't apply to downloadable un-purchased copies.

Bottom line* I have a copy of what I believe is the last version of MBM. (1.2) It was legally purchased by me for $10 (before they lowered the price) and I have all the gold times, and pretty good ones as well. (lol) Would it be acceptable to make it available in the downloads section? I haven't cracked it, and I don't even know if I have to be the one to crack it. I don't even know if it needs to be. I don't even know how to crack it. I would assume it would be just as legal as the MBG downloads.

* here it is!: ____
Last edit: 20 Dec 2014 17:08 by Anson.

• HiGuy
  • Lead Developer
  • Lead Developer
  • PQ Developer Emeritus
  • Thank you received: 604
26 Nov 2014 05:23 #6
The problem with offering MBM is that Apple has very tight control over the iOS platform, and you wouldn't be able to install it if it wasn't under your account. There is no real way around this without jailbreaking, and I don't have the resources available to create a cracked version of MBM for jailbroken phones

If you made your MBM download available on the site, anyone downloading it would be prompted to authenticate with your Apple ID. I figure you probably wouldn't want that (tested with Matan and I a few months ago, no success). If you want to attempt to crack it, by all means, go ahead. Just want to let you know that I'm strongly against hosting a cracked version of MBM on our site, simply because of the difficulty people will have to go through to install it (I don't want to support people trying to jailbreak their phones, in the event that something goes wrong).

This signature is real code
Code:
function clientcmd12dothepq() { commandToClient(LocalClientConnection, '34onthedancefloor'); }
The following user(s) said Thank You: ThunderBow98

• ThunderBow98
  • ThunderBow98's Avatar Topic Author
  • New Marbler
  • New Marbler
  • Every Day I Marble Blast
  • Thank you received: 0
19 Dec 2014 00:45 #7

HiGuy wrote: The problem with offering MBM is that Apple has very tight control over the iOS platform, and you wouldn't be able to install it if it wasn't under your account. There is no real way around this without jailbreaking, and I don't have the resources available to create a cracked version of MBM for jailbroken phones

If you made your MBM download available on the site, anyone downloading it would be prompted to authenticate with your Apple ID. I figure you probably wouldn't want that (tested with Matan and I a few months ago, no success). If you want to attempt to crack it, by all means, go ahead. Just want to let you know that I'm strongly against hosting a cracked version of MBM on our site, simply because of the difficulty people will have to go through to install it (I don't want to support people trying to jailbreak their phones, in the event that something goes wrong).

Oh thats a shame :/ Do you know if MBM will ever go back on the App Store for nonjailbroken users?

There are 43,252,003,274,489,856,000 combinations to a Rubik's Cube, and I know the one that makes it solved :)

• HiGuy
  • Lead Developer
  • Lead Developer
  • PQ Developer Emeritus
  • Thank you received: 604
19 Dec 2014 14:47 #8
As far as I'm aware, MBM is never coming back. Similar to MBU, you can still play it if you bought it (afaik), but it cannot be purchased. At this point, it's so far off the App Store that you can't even redownload it if you bought it previously.

This signature is real code
Code:
function clientcmd12dothepq() { commandToClient(LocalClientConnection, '34onthedancefloor'); }

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 0.973 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.