file Change Skyboxes for Marble Blast Platinum?

• GhostKoi
  • GhostKoi's Avatar Topic Author
  • Beginner Marbler
  • Beginner Marbler
  • Still playing MB on an iMac G5
  • Thank you received: 7
22 Feb 2015 19:19 #1
Hey guys, I have been playing MBP for a while and I recently wondered if I could theoretically replace the current Skyboxes (used by default- I think its an ocean) with the original MBG skyboxes or other custom ones?

Apple 17" iMac G5 MID 2005 2GHz 1GB-RAM SuperDrive OS X 10.6.8 -Maybe I'll go back to Tiger when I finish my gaming PC!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 123
23 Feb 2015 02:06 #2
You can, probably by simply overwriting the skybox images used with your own. Beware that the anti-hack (and probably the launcher) will most likely attack you for it, reverting it back.

• HiGuy
  • Lead Developer
  • Lead Developer
  • PQ Developer Emeritus
  • Thank you received: 604
23 Feb 2015 07:50 #3
Can confirm that the launcher will revert the skies if you edit skies.zip. You may be able to get away with extracting the zip and editing the skies with the original zip in place, can't confirm that though.
The anti-hack shouldn't care about skyboxes, so you should be fine in that regard.

This signature is real code
Code:
function clientcmd12dothepq() { commandToClient(LocalClientConnection, '34onthedancefloor'); }

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 0.765 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.