file 10 years of Marble Blast Ultra

• Battlecube314
  • Battlecube314's Avatar Topic Author
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • 100% Gold/Ultimate/Awesome!!
  • Thank you received: 155
25 Jan 2016 07:45 #1
It is hard to believe, but today marks 10 years since the release of Marble Blast Ultra onto Xbox 360, on 25 January 2006. The Xbox 360 had just been released, and MBU became one of the first games available on Xbox Live Arcade. I had played Marble Blast Gold before, and when I tried out MBU, I was amazed by the new graphics and levels. Back then, I wasn't a very skilled player, but I did beat all the single player levels and found all the Easter eggs (using several guides and walkthroughs). Although I enjoyed the game, I quit playing MBU after I completed single player mode (I didn't have Xbox Live Gold, so I couldn't do MP yet).

About 3 or 4 years later, I rediscovered Marble Blast when it was available on the computers at my middle school. I also found out about speedrunning while I was browsing YouTube and watched many old videos from top-ranked MBU players. I reached the top 1000 on the MBU leaderboards, but still not nearly as skilled as the experts. I also finished beating the gold times in MBG in mid-2011. Later that year, I installed MBP 1.20, and continued to play it for the next 2 years, beating many platinum and ultimate times. At the end of 2013, I learned about the upcoming MBP 1.50 beta and release of multiplayer and online leaderboards. I became even more excited when images of MBU levels were unveiled for the upcoming RC1. Finally, in August 2014, Marble Blast Ultra was reborn as the original levels, as well as the all-new Hypercube, were released with all new achievements.

Ever since, my Marble Blast skills have been improving more rapidly than ever, and as I saw the 10-year anniversary of MBU approaching, I began recording runs of the different levels, challenging myself to beat all of my best times. Today, I compile all 61 of my top runs into one video, exactly 10 years after the release of the greatest game of all time.
The following user(s) said Thank You: HiGuy, IsraeliRD, Jeff, Ralph, eNetro

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Jeff
  • Elite Marbler
  • Elite Marbler
  • PlatinumQuest Programmer
  • Thank you received: 205
25 Jan 2016 23:04 - 25 Jan 2016 23:06 #2
Please don't post any links to download MBU. We do not provide support for Marble Blast Ultra and it's against our Terms of Service :)
[hr]
Amazing job, MasterOfTheBattlecube! You should be proud of yourself for how good you have gotten at this game. Thanks for posting this video, will have to check it out soon when I'm not too busy. That must have taken a long time to make, and I for one thank you for making this on the 10th anniversary!

I am a programmer. Most here know me for being one of the major contributors to Marble Blast Platinum and PlatinumQuest.
Last edit: 25 Jan 2016 23:06 by Jeff.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Battlecube314

• Kalle29
  • I blame ping for losing
  • Thank you received: 754
25 Jan 2016 23:20 #3
Great video, and a great way to celebrate the 10-year anniversary

༼ ͡◕ ͜ ʖ ͡◕༽ You have been visited by the Nivea™ Donger of moisture. Soft skin and good fortune will come to you, but only if you post "thank you Mr. Skeltal" in this thread ༼ ͡◕ ͜ ʖ ͡◕༽

• Battlecube314
  • Battlecube314's Avatar Topic Author
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • 100% Gold/Ultimate/Awesome!!
  • Thank you received: 155
26 Jan 2016 00:57 #4
Thank you very much! I spent about three months on those recordings. My personal favorite runs were Half Pipe Elite (for my first WR), Skyscraper, Survival of the Fittest, Three-Fold Race, Daedalus, Upward Spiral, Ramps Reloaded, and Natural Selection, since I spent a lot of time on those and ended up with excellent runs. Skyscraper was especially difficult because I needed two traps in the same run.

I hope to do a similar video soon (possibly MBEmerald 5th in August 2016, or MBP 10th in December 2017, or MBG 15th in May 2018). MBP/MBG might be tough, though, since there are so many levels, and Imperial already destroyed MBEmerald, so I don't know what will happen yet. I'll keep recording runs and see what happens.

Also I would not recommend the PC port for MBU. Although some of its levels are OK, that mod is extremely disorganized and the leaderboards are completely messed up. Also most of the custom levels are too boring - the ones in Platinum are far superior.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jeff

• Frostfire
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Multiplayer Mastery
  • Thank you received: 447
26 Jan 2016 03:01 #5
awesome video, we can appreciate how much effort went into this. Congrats on your official level WR as well :)

• Nockess
  • Respected Marbler
  • Respected Marbler
  • Cheater Supreme
  • Thank you received: 786
26 Jan 2016 15:28 #6
Wow, stunning job. You've beaten almost all of my records (what a surprise ;)). Hands down your best video yet. Can't wait to see more. :)

Call me Chris!

Discord: Nockess#4107
YouTube: www.youtube.com/Nockess
Custom Levels: marbleland.vaniverse.io/profile/5

• Thank you received: 406
26 Jan 2016 18:54 #7
I watched the whole thing. Absolutely stunning. Well done on Half Pipe Elite, you used a different path than I did to keep the clock stopped.

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 0.870 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.